gluteal cleft - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 01-26-2013, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

my son also has a y shaped gluteal cleft we just had  an ultrasound done yesterday, the doctor said that he doesnt think that its anything bad but just to be sure nothings wrong. it doesnt seem to bother my son his legs are very strong and it doesnt seem to be painful to him. Does anyone kno the reasons as to why these develop?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 02-01-2013, 07:30 PM

Are you talking about the butt dimple (sacral dimple)? My son has one and we had an ultrasound done last week. The ped said that they can indicate a cord that is tethered to the skin, and is easier to look at in a newborn with an ultrasound, where if you waited more than 3 months would require an MRI with anesthesia. My son's was normal on the ultrasound too.

#3 of 3 Old 02-02-2013, 05:40 AM

Is the sacral dimple what you're referring to? That's the only thing I'm aware of that an ultrasound would be recommended for.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sacral-dimple/DS00753

Fledgling midwife on hiatus, Wife to B, mama to C (c/s ribboncesarean.gif 12/04) and S hbac.gif (12/07), angel3.gif m/c (3/12) and expecting another bean 6/13 stork-suprise.gif.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Online Users: 20,444

149 members and 20,295 guests
1babysmom , A&A , agilesheltie , Ajbaby , AlaskAnne , americanjuly , AMG , amy9798 , AwesomeJessica , aylasebmom , ballerina85 , bananabee , BarefootBrooke , BeautifulLife02 , Belle15 , blessedwithboys , blissful_maia , bluefaery , catladymeow , chickabiddy , Chipi , clar5108 , cynthia mosher , Daffodil , dahlia810 , Dakotacakes , daniellebluetoo , darkblue0729 , Dawn's mom , Deborah , DungeonQueen , Emanresu , etsdtm99 , farmermomma , firmfoot , forestfoster , fortmyersrealestate , frugalmama , funfunkyfantastic , FyerFly , gooseberry , Grace Wisdom , greenemami , heyitskalista , hillymum , ian'smommaya , Iron Princess , JERENAUD , jojobean , Joplusone , JordanKX , K703 , Kate&Joey , katelove , kathymuggle , LadyAnnibal , lauren , Lauren82 , LiLStar , Linda on the move , LoveNFaith522 , LuaBelle , maarhart , Mama2ChicknLil , mamabear0314 , MamaChick , marilyn612 , mckittre , MDoc , meeba , MerryAtHope , Milk8shake , Mirzam , mkat , moominmamma , Mpattit , MPsSweetie , MrsKoehn , MrsSurplus , mrsvintage , MulberryMom , mum06 , Mummoth , Mylie , NaturallyKait , newmamalizzy , nikkialys , oaksie68 , orangemomma , OrmEmbar , persephassa , philomom , Poddi , quantumleap , RABITGRL , rainydaywoman , RDGL , rocky , RollerCoasterMama , Rrrrrachel , rubelin , Ruthiegirl , sahmoffour , samaxtics , Sambee , SandiMae , sarafl , sarahl918 , seap3 , shantimama , shmily101 , sidrajedi , sillysapling , smilingprego , Smokering , sofreshsoclean , sortacrispy , Sphinxy , Springshowers , stardogs , SummerStorm22 , sunshine28 , t2009 , Tigeresse , Tigerle , tomsmom31 , TourmalineMama , TrishWSU , Trixie Falsae , typebug , Wild Lupine , Wild Rose , worthy , zebra15 , zoeyzoo
Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.