Baby started teething? How do you handle teething pain? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-05-2013, 02:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

When my first was a year old, she had a couple teeth that could only be soothed with a lollipop.  (Organic, from Yummy Earth, are our favorites.)  Homeopathic remedies worked great for the early teeth, but not so much when it came to molars.  Lollipops, and frequent snacking, helped her cope with the pain during the day.  I ended up giving her acetaminophen at bedtime, though.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2013, 02:45 PM

I know it tastes absolutely horrible, but it's safe to use food grade clove oil. My kids seem super sensitive, and my husband and I both are very much so, so I've used clove oil (as well as benzocaine before I knew better) for helping at night.
There are some good homeopathic products out there that we've used to, the Hylands brand is one of them. Homeopathic remedies are safe just because they're given in doses of like .001% or even less... :)

Hunter Zen Watson 12/17/09
and
Jordan Christine Watson 09/13/11

Old 02-06-2013, 06:21 AM

We've used frozen marshmellows (this came form my aunt and as much as I hate overwhelming babe with sugar, these are yummy)  Rubbing tea tree oil on the gums (does not need a carrier oil) and Hylands teething tablets.

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
Old 02-06-2013, 06:21 PM

I love all the advice listed here.  I'm not sure if my son is teething.  He's 6 months old and my first.  He has been waking up more often the past two months and is fussier in general.  There are no signs of teeth yet.  I'd love to try some of these suggestions, but I don't want to assume this is the problem.  Any ideas?

Tags
Boiron Homeopathic Medicine Camilia Teething Relief
User Tag List