Mothering Forum banner

I dropped my newborn baby!!!!!!!!!!!

23K views 35 replies 29 participants last post by  Ria92 
#1 ·
OMG i am so upset. I had my 4 week old baby in his mosses basket taking him from the house to the car and i tried putting the basket in the back of the car and the handle slipped and my newborn baby rolled out onto the pavement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He had lots of blankets on so he didn't hurt himself thank god! I am soooo stupid i cant believe that just happened... :( I picked him up and cuddled him, checked him over and nothing has happened but i feel terrible! I put him in his car seat and am now home... I feel so bad i cant believe that just happened!

#27 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachael25 View Post

Aww thank u thank u for making me feel better! It's so comforting to know I'm not alone. I can't get the image of her lying on the ground out of my head. It's only been a day though so it will get better. She has no scratches or swelling on her head. It's amazing! God definitely cushions our babies falls:)
You are definitely not alone!!!!

#30 ·
NICU nurse dropped premature 2 week old

My aunt just had her baby girl 2 weeks ago and she had already been in the NICU for her first two weeks because she was premature, she was supposed to come home today and my aunt gets a call this morning that one of the nurses had dropped her daughter. The hospital didn't even do any CT scans or anything until my aunt demanded them to. They did make the nurse take a drug test and suspended her until the results come back but still, she was sitting in a chair holding the baby and reached for something and dropped her... I was just wondering from other mothers..what would you do? Would you sue the hospital?

#31 ·
You would have to prove damages even if you won the suit. (I'm no Dr.) That might prove to be difficult unless the injuries caused serious visual damage. That 's assuming you could win the case. The legal system can be shady somtimes.

#33 ·
A good friend of mine had a child about seven months ago. My friend is older than I am by about 15 years, and I asked her what advice she could give that might come in handy when I finally have kids. I joked that I know you shouldn't drop the baby and with the most serious look on her face she says to me "oh, you will drop the baby."

All babies fall at some point. Hugs, mama, glad that your baby is ok!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.