Teething and a barely 12 week old?! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 02-22-2013, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Is this possible? She's super cranky lately and when she feeds she unlatches constantly and whines. My brother used an amber teething necklace with his son and swears by it for not only teething but good moods. 

I've read a lot about them and generally believe in natural remedies and am going to try one. I saw a lot of good posts to Inspired by Finn and they seem to have a lot of knowledge about the Baltic amber. 

Anyone else have some positive reactions to these or tried their website?

http://hyenacart.com/stores/inspiredbyfinn

No matter what the world you'll always be my baby -djm  

Alicia

New mom as of 11/30/13  bfinfant.gif

#2 of 9 Old 02-22-2013, 10:53 AM

Perhaps it could be the 3 month growth spurt? Ds1 did that when I didn't have as much milk as his giant growth spurt required. He was much happier after my milk adjusted in a few days.

Me: lady.gif Sarah, married to: geek.gif J, mommy to: happytears.gif C (8/10) and rolleyes.gif E (11/12)

#3 of 9 Old 02-22-2013, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter

Hmmm maybe she also likes to suck her hands and chew on my fingers and the paci so we'll see. I order the necklace any how

Alicia

#4 of 9 Old 02-22-2013, 11:35 AM

My son has been teething since about that time... thing is, he still doesn't have any teeth (6 months later). The fussing while nursing seemed to correlate with growth spurts for us. I'm not a believer in the amber necklaces, but I know many swear by them, so I hope it works well for you too! We used cold washcloths to chew on, and I've heard some people freeze breastmilk and put it in mesh feeders for teething, but I never tried that myself. Good luck!

Keeping busy with DH partners.gif, our crazy dogdog2.gif, grad school caffix.gif, and our new baby boy who arrived in June! babyboy.gif

#5 of 9 Old 02-22-2013, 01:24 PM

My DD started teething around that time and her first tooth popped through by 3.5 months. You never know!
#6 of 9 Old 02-22-2013, 05:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

My son started at 3 months also and had 4 teeth by his 4 month well baby visit to the pediatrician!

I recall the drooling at 3 months and mentioned it to my ped, he felt it was unlikely, but sure enough by the next visit....well 4 teeth. I just offered the breast when ever he needed comfort.

My mother said that I also had teeth by 4 months, so part of it may be hereditary.

#7 of 9 Old 02-23-2013, 06:02 PM

It's definitely possible! My little girl is 14 weeks old & hardcore teething. She's had teething symptoms since about 8 weeks old. Her dad & his brother both had teeth by the time they were 4 m/o
#8 of 9 Old 02-26-2013, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter

Oh it's confirmed DD has 2 white bumps on her upper gums as of this weekend. . lots of sleepless nights for this mama earlier this week but we've since tried the amber necklace and Hyland's teething tabs and things are looking up!

How long does it take In your experiences for teeth to come in? I"m trying to judge the amount of sleep i'll be getting LOL

Alicia

#9 of 9 Old 02-26-2013, 10:15 AM

The bottom incisors were quick - 2to 3 weeks. Canines and molars took forever though. It's a relief at least to know what is going on

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page