likes to be held, not worn? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-25-2013, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone had a baby like this?

Humbly parenting Abraham (1/08), learning to be gentle and creative.  At least I got a good man to hold my hand.  Married to Ben (8/06). 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 09:39 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

My first was like. I tried so many slings, wraps, carriers, she hated them all. Eventually we discovered that she hated most anything that constricted her. Tight clothing, carseats, on and on. Apparently she would rather move freely! 

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:37 PM

Mine is this way. Even now he won't let Mr hold him for extended period of time. He likes to be free.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:02 AM

Your LO may not like being worn at all, but if the crying happens when putting on the sling or wrap, you may want to stick with it.  My DD loves to be worn, but it took a while to get there.  At first I thought she hated it - as a newborn she always cried going into the wrap or sling, and I'd have to bounce around a lot to get her to quiet down.  Most times she would settle in, but sometimes we had to bail out.  Pretty soon, though, she loved it, and at 13 months is still napping in the Ergo carrier.  I think it was the awkwardness of putting her in that got her upset.  Just a thought.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:44 PM

My 3 mo still hates all the carriers I have but tolerates the ring sling. Most days I have to put him in the more comfortable Ergo and bounce him with a pacifier in his mouth to get him to sleep. Sadly I can't sit and help him fall asleep with an energetic toddler so he sometimes has to cry in a baby carrier. I hope he'll like it better in time, he loved it until he was about 2 months.

Me: lady.gif Sarah, married to: geek.gif J, mommy to: happytears.gif C (8/10) and rolleyes.gif E (11/12)

Old 02-27-2013, 09:59 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Mine preferred to be held at certain times, and worn at others...kinda went in phases. 

User Tag List