First birthday dilemma - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-28-2013, 10:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My son is turning one in April and I'm in the planning stage for his party. We want to do something modest but I'm having trouble deciding on a location. In Oklahoma, the weather can be hit or miss in April, but I'd to have the party at a local park. I thought as a back up I could have it at my house. Trouble is, it's a small house. There aren't really any other options I can think of. Have any ideas for me? I don't want to rent a venue.
#2 of 5 Old 03-01-2013, 12:21 AM

I am going to assume family and friends home would be a no go?

A park is a great idea, but if the weather is foul as you said.... :(

Would maybe a day out at a zoo/skating rink/something like that where every one pays their own admission but you all do something fun together work?

We often do things like that for family get togethers and parties. It keeps the cost down, doesn't overwhelm the kids as much, and makes a happy memory for all.

Hopefully some one will come along with some better ideas for you!

sewmachine.gifknit.gifrainbow1284.gifDaughter of Him, Wife and Mother to them partners.gifstillheart.gifstillheart.gifstillheart.gifstillheart.gif,  

heartbeat.gifOne more on the way Fall 2013 pos.gif

#3 of 5 Old 03-01-2013, 08:10 AM

Does the park have a covered area you can rent specifically? Is your yard big enough to rent a big tent and maybe some chairs/tables for outside?

Katie trekkie.gif - Married to Mike 06/02/01, Mom to Sydney Anne born 11/21/09 and Alice Maeryn & Oliver Thomas born 04/24/13  hug.gif 

#4 of 5 Old 03-05-2013, 05:16 AM

My big question is, is he walking yet? If he is, the park could be great but if not, I'd stick indoors. You can often find a small legion or church hall for rent pretty cheap and many have modest kitchen facilities to help with snack/cleanup. If you feel your home is too small, I'd at least look into this alternative for a first birthday, especially if birthday boy isn't a steady walker yet.
#5 of 5 Old 03-05-2013, 06:22 PM

Celebrate it in your home. It's your child's first birthday party and it will going to be memorable if it you'll celebrate it in a place where he blossomed, and it's in your home! You can set it up in your garden if you have. Or find an empty lot in your area, near your home and ask permission if you can have it there.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page