Will he ever outgrow this gassiness?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-10-2013, 07:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DS is three months old this week and I'm still extremely sleep deprived. I think I'm averaging about 2 hours of sleep a night, 4 at the most if I'm lucky. He has terrible bouts of gas at night that keep him grunting, kicking, and crying on and off all night. I pump his legs, gas comes out, he's restful for about 20 to 30 minutes, then it starts all over again. I feel like I've tried everything - gas drops, infant massage, probiotics, warn baths, cutting out dairy etc. Nothing has made a difference. Our doctor says we just have to wait for him to outgrow it. When will his digestive system start to become better developed?? For those who have had similar issues - when did your LO outgrow it? I'm just seeking a little reassurance since it feels like I'm going to be sleep deprived forever at this point!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2013, 10:05 AM

Rugrat,

As a mom with 2 girls and someone who has worked in Early Intervention for 20 years YES he will grow out of it....Sleep is in your future....Just food for thought, Babies bellies need to digest before another feed comes piling on top of it So feed every 2-3 hours no matter what your sweet boy is doing and if he seems cranky more likely it is sleep. If a babies belly works overtime to digest they will always be uncomfortable. If that is not your case then all those things you have tried (massage, warm baths etc) will work sometimes and sometimes he may be fussy. Be kind to yourself talk to your friends and get out in the fresh air for a walk but this baby stuff will pass pretty soon!!!!!!

Old 03-13-2013, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Chrissy. I just needed to hear that. It's hard to think clearly sometimes when you're so sleep deprived!

User Tag List