Night Feeding Frenzy at 9 months - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-07-2013, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Alright I'll try to explain my situation but to be short as well.

DS is 9 months and was breastfed exclusively only the first 7 weeks of his life, then was introduced slowly to formula, and a week ago I totally stopped breastfeeding and he doesn't even seem to mind (I thought it would be hard but it actually happened very naturally). We started solids at 4 and a half months and now he eats A LOT at every meal or so (he'll eat a whole banana in 2 minutes, then some meat, cheese, crackers, veggies, etc). I give him formula before solids but he usually only drink 2-3 ounces at a time. I started giving him some formula in a sippy cup while he eats but for now he doesn't drink more than an ounce during his meal.

SO we co-slept since the beginning, not really by choice but by necessity then by pleasure/habit. I would nurse him to sleep then nurse him when he'd wake up. He NEVER slept through the night and still wakes up every 2h or so. Since I nursed him back to sleep when I was breastfeeding we started giving him bottles to put him back to sleep at night. I guess it was a mistake because every night since the past week he would drink between 10 and 16 ounces throughout the night, which is enormous I think!! I want to "sleep train" him but it's very hard with DH not willing to do so and not supporting me...

Also I work part-time and 3 of those shifts finish at 10 p.m so with DH having a different "vision" than me (he wants to give him bottles throughout the night, I want to actually cut the bottles and try different methods to put him to sleep, like rocking him) makes it very difficult to make a definitive change.

I don't know what to do, I am pretty sure he is not hungry but simply searching for comfort, this morning I woke up and he was sucking on his empty bottle!! BUT he doesn't want the pacifier, go figure...

I am a little lost regarding what to do, beside having a very hard time in my partnership with DH....

French Canadian living in the Big Easy. Happy mama to Jaxson Lee born on 9/16/12 and loving wife to Denis Lee since 11/03/11

Lovesbikenew.giftreehugger.gifwhistling.gifnamaste.gifteapot2.GIFread.gifdishes.gifchampagne.gifeat.gifcoolshine.gifROTFLMAO.gifnotes.gifjog.gifbroc1.gifstillheart.gifbiggrinbounce.gifRainbow.gifcaffix.gifand all that good stuff

#2 of 2 Old 07-08-2013, 12:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I think you guys will definitely have to be on the same page before you can do either thing successfully. Whatever you guys decide, both do it 110%. I'm sorry I don't have any advice either way other than to have a big ol' chat with DH, parenting is a tough business...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page