Any stay at home moms work from home?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-23-2013, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I live in ct and was wondering if any of you Momma's out there have "at home" jobs? If so doing what and what are the options?? Husband and I are doing everything we can right now and it would help a ton if there was any job options for me to do at home until I go back to my regular job
#2 of 6 Old 07-23-2013, 08:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I work from home, I run my own business, an apothecary. I make soaps, lotions, aromatherapy and herbal products. I sell them on line and in brick and mortar stores. Are you looking to create your own business or work for  a company? I know there are ligit wah jobs out there.

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
#3 of 6 Old 07-23-2013, 08:07 PM - Thread Starter

I'm just looking for a wah job to get me thru until I go back to work. The time Ill be out of work won't be paid time off and we can't afford to NOT have two incomes. I've tried looking online but there are a bunch just don't know what's real and what's a scam. Any suggestions??
#4 of 6 Old 08-27-2013, 07:29 PM

I'm a web and graphic designer.  I haven't done alot since the baby was born yet, I'm still trying to get my feet under me with the baby.  

#5 of 6 Old 08-28-2013, 07:17 AM

I will go from working full-time in the military to a SAHM in April! I am currently applying for online teaching jobs. I have my graduate degree in environment policy and it seems to be a unique niche that is hiring a lot right now. However, I have seen job listings for online elementary/high school classes, and not necessarily teaching but also grading work online. Seems like a good opportunity and you would get to help kiddos! :)
sillysapling likes this.
#6 of 6 Old 08-30-2013, 10:03 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)

I know a few artists who are able to make enough money to be their full time job and that can be a WAH option. I definitely know one webcomic artist who's a WAHM who just had her second baby. This would definitely be my dream job, but being able to get lucrative with art is not easy...

If you have any craft you're good at and enjoy doing (especially that's safe to do at home/around children), look into that. There are sites like Etsy that you can sell from. For awhile I knit and sold it off of etsy for a bit extra money. I'm not a fast enough knitter to be able to make enough profit to make a career out of it, but it definitely did help to have that little bit of extra income.

To the OP- good luck!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennaRose View Post

I will go from working full-time in the military to a SAHM in April! I am currently applying for online teaching jobs. I have my graduate degree in environment policy and it seems to be a unique niche that is hiring a lot right now. However, I have seen job listings for online elementary/high school classes, and not necessarily teaching but also grading work online. Seems like a good opportunity and you would get to help kiddos! :)

My partner wants to go into teaching and also dreams of being a SAHP, but figured the two were mutually exclusive- I'm really glad to hear about those, we'll definitely have to look into them!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page