10 mth old undigested food - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-14-2013, 09:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

my 10 mth old girl has started pooing undigested food every day its not just carots and peas its everything she eats like pasta, pumpkin,potato,fruit,etc

it looks like ive dumped her entire meal in her nappy she has also started pooing 4-5 times a day 

is it normal she is lactose intolerant but has no dairy in her diet. have dr appt soon but wondering if should bring it forward.

#2 of 4 Old 09-14-2013, 10:00 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Definitely bring it up with your doctor.  It can be normal but it can also be a food intolerance issue.  DD1 had this and combined with her dropping off the growth chart we discovered she was gluten intolerant at 15 months.  She went from having whole chunks of food in her poop, diarrhea and constipation, to normal poops in about two weeks after we took gluten out of her diet.  If there are other warning signs your ped may want to do a blood test.  Blood test does not work if you are already gf.

#3 of 4 Old 09-14-2013, 10:12 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

I wouldn't give wheat (pasta) until at least 12 months anyway, that can be hard to digest for anybody. My kids had most of what they eat come out whole for a few months too at first, it's normal, but I don't count on those solids for nutrition just practice eating. She's still young, I'd back off the solid foods and feed more milk for a while. Is she on soy formula? I think I've read a good many of kids who can't stand cow milk protein can't handle soy either. And this isn't well known but it's not lactose it's the protein that babies often can't handle in dairy. The PKU panel checks for a very rare lactose intolerance at birth, hardly any have that. If she is breastfed make sure you don't get dairy either as it can be passed into the milk.

#4 of 4 Old 09-19-2013, 07:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
A friends little boy was like this and turned out to be gluten intolerant...the gluten inhibits digestion/absorption for him.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page