My baby wont sleep before 1 am!!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-13-2013, 08:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I have a 10 month old BEAUTIFUL baby girl named Hailey Elizabeth.

My partner works so I had to take care of Hailey in the mornings and nights, so she is kind of on my schedule. She sleeps in late till about 11 a.m., takes 1-2 naps during the day, and goes to sleep around 10-10:30 completely exhausted! This wouldn't be a problem if she would stay asleep at night! She will go to bed at 10 and wake up at 11-12 and be wide eyed bushy tailed! I even started a whole "I am the mom, night is for sleeping, you will go back to sleep!" Only to end up an our and a half later with her still completely awake sharing my pillow.

I just don't know what to do! I'm starting my weekend job soon and there wont be anyone available to stay up with her if she has one of these moments that she does not want to sleep.

I'm frustrated because even if I put her in bed later by lets say 11-11:30, she will stay wake up 1-2 in the morning like she took a nap! Don't know what to do..

Today I tried to skip 1 of the 2 naps, which worked out well, she wasn't too grouchy and now she is up and its midnight.

TTC since July 2011  neg.gif

BFP on April 27th 2012   thumbsup.gif pos.gifjoy.gif

Gave birth to a BEAUTIFUL baby girl January 10th 2013. Never have been so blessed!

Baby Dust to everyone!!

dust.gif

#2 of 4 Old 11-14-2013, 10:00 PM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Yikes mama, I have no advice. Has it gottan better in the last day? Hugs to you!!
#3 of 4 Old 11-16-2013, 07:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Not hasn't. = [ I really need a solution though. Today starts a schedule change AGAIN. I am going to wake her up early, today she got up at 9. I will see how it goes  shrug.gif

TTC since July 2011  neg.gif

BFP on April 27th 2012   thumbsup.gif pos.gifjoy.gif

Gave birth to a BEAUTIFUL baby girl January 10th 2013. Never have been so blessed!

Baby Dust to everyone!!

dust.gif

#4 of 4 Old 11-16-2013, 08:48 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
When my daughter started doing that we took her downstairs for a snack then she went right to sleep again. It went on for weeks before we made the connection and ended a few weeks later. Could that be it?

If she is overtired that usually results in waking more. So going to sleep earlier could help.

Good luck. I remember those nights!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page