I know that giving raw honey to a babe under a year can be dangerous but what about honey that has been used in baking? My DH gave DD some of the pumpkin spelt muffins that I made with honey not thinking it was bad since the honey was baked in the oven hopefully killing any of the harmful bacteria. Thoughts?
Botulism is rare but if it happens to be in the honey it's serious. If it's cooked above 185F/85C the toxin is neutralized. Breads and muffins get above 190F when fully cooked so you should be fine.
|78 members and 13,364 guests|
|1babysmom , AllTomorrowsParties , AlmostJenny , averysmomma05 , aylasebmom , bananabee , Bare2015 , Bow , camillabien , captain optimism , Chaika , Daffodil , dangerbunny , Deborah , Dustyblue , eliNora , emmy526 , frugalmama , hillymum , ismewilde , japonica , Kelleybug , Letitia , lilmissgiggles , LiLStar , Linda on the move , littlebear3 , lizpacmeow , log88 , lucky3nyc , mamaunfurling , mamawithchild , Marcimama , MeepyCat , Milk8shake , moominmamma , MountainMamaGC , mummabear13 , mymuzicalpath , neemoomommy , newmamalizzy , oaksie68 , oceansolitude , philomom , pulcetti , rocky , RollerCoasterMama , rubelin , samaxtics , SandiMae , sarafl , SchoolmarmDE , scsigrl , shanna-cat , shantimama , Shmootzi , shoeg8rl , sidrajedi , siennaflower , Sophist , Springshowers , ssun5 , StarJune , SympatheticDad , Wolfcat , zebra15|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.|