Bajingo Mamas and Babies - Having babies in our 30s - '11, '12, '13, and '14 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-11-2014, 12:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

faith- that's a good suggestion. I'm gonna try it today :)

poly-Awwww cute pics! That bear is huge! Glad your nights are going so well and that you are on the mend.  DD and I cosleep and dh is on the pull out. I miss him too. He's just such a light sleeper. She doesnt move around much anymore, but I still need to turn  on a light to latch her on.  

JustJenny and DH of 20 years 

After a 2 year fertility struggle  - Baby girl is here! Jan 8th 2014 

2 Boxer Furbabies Buddha and Tootsie 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2014, 09:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Poly, good to hear from you! Those pix are awesome! What a little cutie.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:20 PM

Yes, dh is a light sleeper and also has insomnia so when we sleep separately he can take his ambien greensad.gif

I took Lillian to the drop in breastfeeding clinic yesterday since she is two months old now but her next dr appt isn't for two weeks, she weighs 11lb14oz! Crazy! But now I definitely don't feel badly asking her to wait just a little bit to eat sometimes, since she's gaining so well.

Also, she is starting to fall asleep/sleep independently! I am so excited about this. I love snuggling with her and sleeping with her but it is really nice to have a chance to do things without her righttherewithme all of the time. I haven't gotten the courage to shower while she's sleeping yet though, because what if she needs me? And I don't like not being able to see/hear her. But dh is going on a work trip next week and I don't know that I'm excited about three days with no shower.

jog.gif:bikenew.gif// knit.gif:reading.gif:notes2.gif // cat.gif:cat.gif 

Our precious baby girl is coming to turn our world upside down in January 2014!

Old 03-12-2014, 05:13 PM

Yes, missing DH at night was one of my reasons for setting Sophie up in her nursery (he is a light sleeper and has a hard time falling back to sleep when he wakes in the night. Not like me!). I set up the monitor on low right next to my head so that I hear it (hopefully) before it wakes him up. The first few nights in the nursery Sophie slept for six hours in a row for the first time ever(!) but after three nights she went back to her normal 4.5, followed by 3 then 2.5. I'm hopeful that longer nights are on the horizon.

Poly, good job on the weight gain, mama! I went to my Milk Club meeting this week and Sophie weighs 11lbs exactly. She is definitely tracking things more with her eyes although it's still hit or miss whether you can catch her attention. And we get sporatic smiles but they're not very consistent yet either. I know there's lots of time, but I'm impatient!
Old 03-12-2014, 11:05 PM

Oh man dh and I were just talking about how in the last two days Lillian has gotten soooo interested in her crib mobile, and the dangly toys on her playmat. She will just watch and follow them and smile at them. I will admit for weeks 6 and 7 I was thinking, ok we have this baby thing down now and I love her but it's a little boring, maybe I *should* go back to work sooner. But these last couple of days she has become such a fascinating little person and we are having so much fun!

Old 03-13-2014, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

DH brought a pair of ear covers home from work and now he sleeps in those - big huge things.  He got up at midnight last night, went to the bathroom, laid back down and was snoring almost instantaneously. He didn't even remember getting up last night! The babies had a fever last Friday, but then were fine until Tuesday night when their temps were up again and they were crabby.  They slept a lot during the day, which isn't normal, and slept lightly last night.  I am getting them to sleep in their cribs in their rooms more and more which is making me happy. Soon they will transition to night sleeping there.

Some pictures my sister took for Easter.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
Old 03-13-2014, 03:29 PM

Oh they are just precious! So cute! I love the picture where they are both yawning!

Old 03-14-2014, 11:47 AM

Oh Lilac they are soooooo cuuuuute!!!!!!  I agree that yawner is PRICELESS!!  :bgbounce    You look really good!  You've lost a lot of weight haven't you?

Did you happen to get the oral rotovirus vacc's for your boys?  Did you see a increase in bowel movements from it?  I questioned the Dr. about this since it is a live virus vacc. She said no way that she could get roto from it. BUT she has had 4 bowel movements a day since. Plus she has had a couple bouts of vomiting.  Its not real bad and she doesn't seem fazed by it at all.  Still- the second dose is supposed to be the one that they most likely react to. I dunno if we will do that one again.....just in case.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacvioletiris View Post

DH brought a pair of ear covers home from work and now he sleeps in those - big huge things.  He got up at midnight last night, went to the bathroom, laid back down and was snoring almost instantaneously. He didn't even remember getting up last night! 

LOL - you should snap a picture of that - snicker - ;) 

Old 03-14-2014, 07:10 PM

Just popping in to say real quick I so relate to what all of you are saying about your DHs. Sleep and partnership get so complicated with a new baby! I'm the one who is super sensitive to noises and grunts. I sleep with earplugs (don't really need them, but it's habit by now, they are like little blankets for my ears) and white noise--i figure if the baby really needs me she'll cry and I'll wake up. DH can sleep through much more. With DD 1, I slept in the guest room because I couldn't handle being in the same room as her at night--I just couldn't relax enough to sleep. So DH would bring her in to nurse when she woke up. This time DD2 is in a little annex part of our bedroom, so she's sort of in the same room, but far enough away that I only hear her if she's truly awake.

Norah is doing pretty well with night sleep--gave us a 6-hour stretch last night!!!! But naps not so much. It is really hard juggling her sleep needs with her sister's need for attention. I feel like I'm always forcing Norah to squeeze in odd catnaps and she is really overtired as a result. I feel guilty--like I'm not doing great for either one of them. Norah will generally nap well in the carrier (I have a Moby, a mei tai, and a Baby Bjorn) but that has gotten trickier as she's become more sensitive to light and sound. Tonight I was so annoyed at DH--I had spent 1/2 an hour trying to get her to sleep and she finally dropped off in the Moby. He got home from work and said he had to lie down for awhile (he's a newspaper reporter and his job is pretty intense) and I said sure, but I was annoyed that he didn't see how I was struggling then to get dinner ready with our almost-3 yO and the baby. DD1 started knocking mac n cheese boxes onto the floor, which made loud sounds that startled the baby, and then I was having to bend down and pick stuff up and cook, etc., and the movements were waking the baby...in the end she got a 20 minute nap. Ugh. So frustrating. So then of course she was totally freaking out and overtired and I had to swaddle, shh, do the whole calming from overstimulation thing, which meant I couldn't tuck DD1 in for bed...Anyway, it's a juggling act.

DH is really depressed/stressed out now and I'm struggling with being frustrated with him and worried about him. I feel like i'm shouldering all the baby parenting, though to be fair he's doing a ton with the preschooler. I wish he seemed to feel more bonded with DD2, though. He barely knows her--can't really calm her well, seems bored by her...I think he's just not a baby person because he was the same way with DD1 and now he absolutely adores her--they're best buddies.

RE: Rotovirus, she had it on Tuesday and I haven't noticed any differences in her poops. It could just be coincidence, JustJenny--I've found with both kids that poops are just funky sometimes, even if they're EBF. DD1 had weird liquidy, very smelly brown poop for about a month when she was 4 months old. Dr. said could be a stomach bug, but nothing to worry about...it just went away on its own. And then DD2 had a couple weeks of really smelly, sticky green poop (dark green, not frothy/light like foremilk poop is supposed to be) and then all of a sudden it was just back to normal yellow. A friend said around now is when they are populating their gut w/bacteria, which can cause weird stuff, gassiness, etc.

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

Old 03-15-2014, 10:35 AM

Bianca, have you tried snuggling a blanket or something over Norah's head in the carrier to help keep it dark and uninteresting for her? I have to do this for Lillian, in the moby or ergo, to get her to sleep. She's just too interested in looking around!

Old 03-15-2014, 11:03 AM

Yeah, I pull the Moby up over her head, and that does seem to help somewhat...we are also working on seeing if she'll nap in a swing--sometimes she drifts off to sleep in it, but seldom stays asleep!

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

Old 03-15-2014, 11:57 AM

Good luck! Lillian is a great swing napper if I get her in there at the right time, too early or late and it's a no-go...

Old 03-15-2014, 06:54 PM

Sophie is not interested in the swing at all, which is kind of a bummer. She'll tolerate being in it if she's awake and in a good mood, but seems just as happy --or more happy-- hanging out on the couch with the boppy.
Old 03-15-2014, 08:05 PM

Well, and lo, after a couple of false starts today, she slept for almost 2 hours in the swing! It was on a lower speed than it had been (I'd read so much about how young babies want it fast). Maybe that was it? It's kind of ridiculous how much my sanity hinges on her taking a nap. I mean, naps in the carrier are great, but the prospect of two hours not attached to her makes me practically giddy. I made dinner, went on a walk, played with DD1...now to see if she ever does it again, ha.

Old 03-15-2014, 11:45 PM

The first day I could leave Lillian asleep on the bed alone I was so excited! I unloaded the dishwasher, folded laundry, made bread, all while checking in her every few minutes because I was worried about her rolling?? But it was so nice. It's happened a few times since!

Old 03-16-2014, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

Blanca I guess it is reassuring that other men have the same issues with crying babies.

The exciting thing for me is that William has slept by himself for 9 hours or more in his crib in the room next door. Yeah! He is a major grunter in his sleep. Now if only Edward would sleep without eating all night long.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
Old 03-16-2014, 11:22 PM

Lv that is exciting! I'm ready to have Lillian sleep on her own, for at least part of the night, but don't know how to make it happen. Any advice??

Old 03-18-2014, 08:46 AM - Thread Starter

I have been putting him in is crib during the day for naps once I have nursed him to sleep. I now nurse him to sleep in the evening and then put him in his crib. Sometimes a bit of time with putting a pacifier back in his mouth is necessary to get him back to sleep after walking from our room where I feed him to his bed but so far 4 nights in a row!

Old 03-22-2014, 08:52 AM

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

Hey Blanca, I remember you from before your first daughter was born! Congratulations on your second girlie! I am sorry you guys are struggling with sleep.

My username has changed, it used to be bootsvalentine. :)

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
Old 03-22-2014, 02:22 PM

I think the problem is I had been nursing her in the bed then transferring her wakes her. I've started nursing in a chair and putting her in crib or bassinet but she only stays asleep for 15min it so... Instead on 1-2 hrs on me. Sigh.

Old 03-25-2014, 11:21 PM

Hi Ladies!

Sophie and I are doing great.  Sophie gave me a nice little reminder of how great she is normally, by being extremely fussy all day yesterday (6am to 8:30pm).  Dunno what was going on with her; today she was back to her relatively-easygoing self.  We have continued to do fabulously in the sleep department.  She naps lots during the day and then she's been sleeping for (drumroll, please!) NINE hours in a row at night!  I don't know if this will continue or not, but it's been four nights in a row now.  Of course it starts between 6:30pm and 7:30pm so I don't get the benefit of uninterrupted sleep, but all in all it's feeling quite civilized and today I put my hair up and wore makeup just for fun--obviously rest is agreeing with me.  For those of you with short sleepers, hang in there!

Old 03-31-2014, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter

Polyhymnia, good luck on finding what works. Edward still is in our bedroom in his "daybed" crib. William does great in his crib next door after nursing down for the night.

It is nice to at least have one baby who sleeps through the night!

My sons now have both rolled over! william on Friday, March 28 and Edward today March 31! So exciting to see them hit milestones!

Old 04-02-2014, 11:59 PM

Lilac, congrats on your rollers! How exciting! And how great and interesting that they did it within three days of one another. It's fun to hear what your little guys are doing since they're a few weeks ahead of many of us.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

yeah, it is fun to see my sons hit their developmental milestones.  It is funny though, my son William rolled over first, but really hasn't rolled over since.  Edward who rolled over second is now the one that is always on his belly when he wakes up.  So much for "back to sleep".  I can put him on his back, but he just rolls right back over.

Old 04-03-2014, 12:23 PM

Lv, that's a big milestone! Yay! And faith, hooray for sleep!

I'm still having a hard time getting Lillian to nap or sleep independently. She started in her bassinet last night and lasted 30 minutes, that's better than before!! But she is a great sleeper - 2 hr naps on the moby or ergo multiple times a day, and the last few nights she's done a 6 hour stretch at night in bed with me and dh is even enjoying having her in bed with us.

Dh is gone a lot for work lately but we are getting a good routine. She rolled front to back Sunday and he was here to see that too! Yay!

Old 04-03-2014, 08:34 PM

Lilac- How exciting! They are going to be crawling before you know it!

Faith- Make-up - omg. what's that? And for fun!  LOL I'm glad you are getting some sleep :thumb

poly- Rolling already?! Wow I wonder if you are going to have a early walker on your hands?

We are doing good. Mercy's been feeling much better since we have her irritants/intolerances straightened out. She had a severe reaction to legumes which I'm a little concerned about. No peas, beans or soy. I didn't even try peanuts and won't. I have enough variation in my diet that I don't have to test anything more. 

Still having 6 hour stretches at night. Only random independent naps. For the most part that's ok with me. I figure it may be a while for that since she sleeps with me at night. Not even close to rolling over yet. I think she may pull herself up first. When she wants to sit up she raises her head and shoulders all the way up! She's always hated tummy time with the pain she was in. So I haven't really enforced it. Just kinda randomly done it when I remember.

Old 04-04-2014, 10:37 AM

Justjenny, she didn't show signs of wanting to roll before she did it! In fact I was talking to my mom about how I thought she'd be a late roller because she rarely gets floor tummy time (the dr says that's fine since she's on me so much, that counts and will get her to strengthen her core and neck). I put her on her tummy to show my mom And then she rolled over! She's just done it a few times since. She also loves to sit up and stand up too. I'm nervous because I'm taking her to a knitting retreat the last week in June by myself and I'm really hoping she's not crawling by then!!! I'm counting in using the carrier for her!!

I'm glad you have sorted out her intolerances. A woman in my baby group, her older son had a lot of intolerances and she removed them from her diet and now he is the and he can eat almost all of the things he reacted to as a baby. The leader of our group says that is very common so I will keep my fingers crossed that mercy is able to outgrow her sensitivities due to you eliminating them too!

Old 04-05-2014, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter

I am worried my William might be sensitive to milk. Ever since his rotavirus immunization, we have been going back and forth with green poop.  If I keep him on the same boob every feeding, I can get most poops to be yellow, but a random green poops up.  Ugh. I just want yellow ebf poop like his brother has.

Edward is too funny.  He rolled second, but man he is rolling everywhere he can get.  DH left him on the couch for a minute and he nearly rolled off.  He was hanging off with his legs when DH got back to him.  We have to leave him on the floor now.

Old 04-06-2014, 04:47 PM

Lilac-  A lot of babies have this after the rotovirus. It can take months to get back to normal.  Green frothy poops are also a sign of too much foremilk- Which you prob already know since your nursing on one boob.  If he seems like his jolly little self you can prob disregard the occasional green poopy.  If he's more irritated lately you may have to look deeper.  

Old 04-07-2014, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

Who knew I could be excited about pumpkin colored poop! William hadeit twice today without a hint of green, then he had a mint green colored poop. Face palm. I did feed him on a different boob though. He seems fine otherwise.

User Tag List