Bajingo Mamas and Babies - Having babies in our 30s - '11, '12, '13, and '14 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 110 Old 04-07-2014, 09:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My doc said don't worry too much about poop color, absent any other symptoms. Good luck!

Has anyone else found good baby sunglasses or rashguard style swim suits? I found a great sunhat for Lillian today but still looking for the other things.

jog.gif:bikenew.gif// knit.gif:reading.gif:notes2.gif // cat.gif:cat.gif 

Our precious baby girl is coming to turn our world upside down in January 2014!

#92 of 110 Old 04-08-2014, 11:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I have been thinking about swim suits for the boys but I haven't done any looking yet.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#93 of 110 Old 04-09-2014, 11:59 AM

I've been looking at this site. Its a sister company of Nickis Diapers- which I like a lot. They have some super cute options and are reasonably priced....

http://www.myswimbaby.com/

We don't need any rash guard stuff but I think a swim diaper or two is in order :)  

JustJenny and DH of 20 years 

After a 2 year fertility struggle  - Baby girl is here! Jan 8th 2014 

2 Boxer Furbabies Buddha and Tootsie 
#94 of 110 Old 04-10-2014, 06:01 PM

That site is great - thank you!!!

jog.gif:bikenew.gif// knit.gif:reading.gif:notes2.gif // cat.gif:cat.gif 

Our precious baby girl is coming to turn our world upside down in January 2014!

#95 of 110 Old 05-10-2014, 11:19 AM

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

For the first time we get to celebrate Mother's Day with our babies!  Hope everyone is having fun with their little ones.  We've been doing well. Mercy is just so fun fun fun right now. Just turned 4 months old and is laughing and smiling at everyone. We are definitely entering a teething phase. She is drooling and chewing on everything. Fingers crossed she stays her happy little self through the process. Dh and I celebrate our 20th anniversary at the end of this month. We decided we will plan a trip somewhere. So far we are thinking Colorado but may end up staying within AZ because of work.  I would really like to get out of the heat though!!

#96 of 110 Old 05-12-2014, 02:33 AM - Thread Starter

It was a great Mother's Day!  My mom, two of my three sisters, my niece, and all three of my brothers were here.  We took pictures even though it was HOT outside 83 degrees, although JustJenny, that is probably nothing in comparison to the heat in Arizona.

My boys are drooling like crazy so I am sure teeth are to come. Bibs are a necessity otherwise their outfits are totally soaked way too fast. My son Edward rolls everywhere and gets mad if his path is obstructed by a chair leg or some other impediment to his movement.  William has rolled over a few times but doesn't do it consistently.  They both love their exersaucer and the little play mat gym is an amusement from time to time. Every Wednesday morning we have been going to a music class for kids and my boys love it. Thankfully their are helpers there so I hold one baby and the helper holds the other one so the babies can shake shakers, beat sticks, move while hanging onto a rubber band or "parachute". Great fun for all of us.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#97 of 110 Old 05-12-2014, 10:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Happy Mother's Day, Mamas!  Jenny, thanks for starting this thread up again.  We're doing great at our house.  Sophie will be four months tomorrow, and she is a total delight.  She is smiley and happy and easy-going, and is still a great sleeper (hooray!).  She got her first set of shots today and she was a champ, giving one wail and that was it.  The main thing that feels hard is that she absolutely refuses to take a bottle.  This has made it very hard to get back to work.  I'm teaching a class on Wednesday mornings, and I've ended up bringing Sophie and the babysitter with me, so I can nurse her before and after class.  It works, but it's awkward.  I've ended up canceling some online work that I thought I'd be able to do but haven't been able to keep up with.  Does anyone have any advice for getting her to take a bottle?

#98 of 110 Old 05-13-2014, 04:07 AM - Thread Starter

faith, I get the whole "won't take a bottle". My Edward wouldn't for the longest time. We just kept introducing it to him and finally he would take a little in the bottle from the babysitter.  From me, forget it. He knows the real thing is just inches away and he will have nothing with the bottle.  I have been told to try some different nipples to see if that would help him eat up from a bottle, but basically he ate enough to satisfy his hunger for a little while so he could wait for mom.  I have hired a baby sitter who comes in to my house to care for my boys while I go to the basement to work on my online work. I don't know what I was thinking that I could get both of them to nap every day so I could do work.  Hasn't happened consistently yet. I come up to feed the babies throughout the time she is here. I have been expressing some milk each morning if I wake up before they do and they haven't eaten all night.  Hello, engorgement relief. Pumping is hard work. I have a new respect for exclusive pumpers.

#99 of 110 Old 05-14-2014, 09:50 AM

faith- Mercy doesn't take anything artificial either. But maybe like Lilac recommended - keep trying for a nipple she likes. Will she take anything from a dropper or feeding syringe? It would take your sitter a little while to feed her but it may be worth it for you.  Mercy will take a medicine sized feeding syringe really well. So at least we can do that in a emergency. Perhaps if she got used to someone doing that it would be easier to introduce bottles after that?? 

lilac- Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day! I have so much respect for pumpers too! I tried it and hated it! Since Mercy didn't like bottles anyhow I gave it up quickly. Luckily I have the luxury of staying home and not working.  

#100 of 110 Old 05-14-2014, 10:48 PM

Thanks, ladies, good ideas!  I think she may take it eventually.  At this point she will happily allow the nipple into her mouth, she just won't suck on it.  I got some faster-flow nipples, so hopefully that will help too.

Lilac, do you feel like you're effective with your online work?  I'm really struggling to do anything on the computer (except surf the internet), and in fact ended up cutting back my work load even further, instead of increasing it.  Thank goodness we're in a position where we can afford that.

#101 of 110 Old 05-23-2014, 02:50 AM - Thread Starter

faithrainbow, I have to say I don't feel as productive as I had hoped I would be.  The baby sitter is making more than me because she comes and I get things I haven't gotten done but need to do, done first, then I work.  I am still making some money, but no where near the hours I thought I could put in - I thought I could do 10 hours and basically 5 or 6 hours is all that really gets done.  As far as what I am doing, I think it is helpful to teachers to get pre-verified websites and educational resources to make their teaching easier, so I think I what I am doing is worthwhile. I am just not doing as much as I thought I could.

AFM, it has been a hard week.  Last Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night my babies didn't sleep - even the twin that usually sleeps through the night.  Coughing, fevers, runny noses.  Ugh. DH got so frustrated at one point with the babies that I grabbed the one that was crying yet again in the middle of the night ran out to the front door and I was just distraughtly crying "I can't make them not cry.  They are just little. They need us. They are sick." I think my crying snapped my DH out of the funk he has been in for nearly 5 months. He has tried to be so much more patient with the babies this week.  Then on Monday night, I went to a friend's house and she recommended using some essential oils to help their colds and to help them sleep better - lavender oil is a miracle for my youngest son. Night before last he slept through the night. Last night I laid him down away and he talked to himself for awhile, rolled over, and went to sleep and is still sleeping even with a couple of night nursing sessions. A little dab of lavender on his feet, rubbed in, and calmness is attained. This momma is getting excited for the future sleep she will have!

#102 of 110 Old 05-23-2014, 02:50 PM

lilac-:Hug I'm glad your dh snapped out of it a bit. You can't do it all by yourself. Even with one you can't! Believe me I've tried to. 2 sick babies at once is tough stuff for everybody!

Thanks for the tip on the lavender. I'm gonna stick that in the back of my mind for future use!! Hope everyone is on the mend and feeling better soon....

#103 of 110 Old 05-23-2014, 07:41 PM

Wow, Violet, that sounds intense!  But so great that your husband is finally realizing that he needs to step up.  That must feel like a relief.  My DH has been getting (minimally) more involved as well.  He doesn't really help out, but he actually initiates interactions with Sophie now, and seems to be enjoying her a lot more.  That's really nice to see.

DH and I have started house-hunting for a larger home, which is exciting.  It usually takes DH a long time to go from thinking about things to actually making changes, but he absolutely fell in love with the second house we looked at!  Boy, was I shocked.  So now we're scrambling a bit to try and get our financing all together before we can put in an offer on it.  I'm feeling nervous and excited.  DH and I are both self-employed and work from home, and right now his office is in the front room so he can hear everything that happens in the living room while he works.  It would be great for us to be somewhere where he's able to close the door, so that I could have visitors more often and not worry about bothering him.  Keep your fingers crossed for us.

#104 of 110 Old 05-26-2014, 01:23 PM

Faith- FX'd that you get the house and all inspections/escrow goes smoothly and easily for you! We just closed escrow on a house wed. Its a major fixer and we won't be able to move in for at least a month. Which is fine 'cause it gives me a chance to get things together. We work from home too so I totally get it! Its exciting and stressful at the same time, lol. 

#105 of 110 Old 06-16-2014, 05:46 AM - Thread Starter

Well an exciting thing happened today! My Edward, the younger of my twins, started crawling. He had been working up to it all week, but today I actually saw him crawl to get a toy he wanted, rather than roll his way there.

How is everyone doing this month?

#106 of 110 Old 06-17-2014, 01:37 PM

Lilac- That's so awesome. Little Edward is quite the mover! How cool that you got to see it happen too!

Faith- Did you end up getting that house?

We've been living in chaos, lol. We have about a week to go before we can move into the house. The remodel is going well and its actually looking really nice now. The place we were living in sold so we had to get out and find temp housing. So much fun. Then we sold our only vehicle the same week. Needless to say we bit off a little to much, lol. But things are evening out now. I will be glad when stuff isn't spread out all over the place. I can't find anything!
Dd is doing awesome. She turned 5 months on the 8th and has her first tooth just peeking through her gums. All the drooling and chewing on her hands has given her a rash around her mouth poor baby. Doesn't seem to bother her much though. Trying to keep it dry has been hard. She usually has a fussy time in the late afternoons but so far no fevers or rashy butt. Other than that she is just a giggly smiley happy girl! She's still petite at 13 lbs and 23 inches but is growing steadily so Doc isn't concerned. We have teeny people in our families so its not a huge surprise. Still not rolling over unless assisted by a pillow. She seems like she is going to be very verbal and very social. Talks a lot and is making more language type sounds instead of the cooing. She seems to have specific words for things already. Thinks checker's in the store's are hilarious much to their delight

#107 of 110 Old 06-17-2014, 08:28 PM

Yay for crawling babies!!!! Way to go, Edward!

Sophie turned five months last week and it seems like she has done some major growing in the past couple of weeks. She has rolled over probably 8 times or so (both front-to-back and back-to-front), but it seems like it's often a lucky accident. The other day she consciously tried to roll over and it probably took her 3-4 minutes of hard work. My mom and I were watching with bated breath the whole time, and it kept almost happening but not quite. When she finally made it we all laughed and cheered.

She has never taken to the bottle, but my pediatrician (who I like a lot) said that some babies skip it altogether but are happy to take solids from anyone, so we've started on a little fruit puree. I had planned on doing Baby Led Weaning at six months, and I still think I will, but she can still take purees from the nanny. Although at this point it's still mostly taste-sensation rather than much volume. She likes it, though!

Jenny, thanks for asking about the house, and congrats on getting ready to move into your new one! I know how it is to have your belongings half-packed and scattered between several houses, and it's crazy-making! So I bet you'll be super glad to get into your house.

Nothing much has happened with the house we're looking at. It turns out that there are several liens out against it, so that complicates things. It's not in foreclosure (yet) but we still have to work with the bankruptcy judge, etc. So it's slow going, and who knows whether it will come through or not. If it falls through, at least we know that there are houses out there that we both like.

Well, that's it for now.
#108 of 110 Old 06-18-2014, 07:36 PM

We tried a little bit of applesauce tonight, lol. She kept sticking her tongue on it and then gagged. We'll try something else in a few days

#109 of 110 Old 07-06-2014, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter

Fed my babies blackberries in one of those " mesh bag" self feeders. William painted his high chair and Edward kept putting it back in his mouth een though he made a terrible face when he sucked on them. Feeding solid food is pretty interesting.
#110 of 110 Old 07-16-2014, 01:52 PM

How's everyone doing? Sophie is VERY excited about food! Nanny feeds her purees, I do baby-led-weaning. She, DH and I all had dinner together the other night and it was beyond sweet. Put a square yard of PUL material under her high chair which is only moderately successful (it gets bunchy and is hard to hold still to wipe) but allows us to pick up foods she drops and give them back to her. DH hates things that are sticky or slimy, so he got a pair of tongs from the kitchen and would use them to pick up foods she dropped; it was hilarious. She is excited to have things go into her mouth, the biggest challenge is picking up foods off the table. I try to let her work it out, but it's super hard not to help! So far she has loved just about everything, except for water, lol. I might try squeezing a bit of fresh lemon (which she loves) into it. Of course she's getting the vast majority of her calories and liquid from breastfeeding still, but she loves trying to drink out of the cup.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10544388_10203050115946267_4448822925291763196_n.jpg (33.8 KB, 2 views)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page