clothing questions - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-30-2014, 11:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I'm beginning to wonder if what I looking for actually exists or if I have to either give up or sew it myself. This Unicorn of a clothing item is a side snap tee shirt, plain, preferably in organic cotton. I've found a few options, some not organic and lacking in quality, which will probably be the option of last resort before sewing, right now I can't even conceive of enough energy to sew 3 dozen tee shirts. Others are not pain, I hate the patterns and decorations on baby clothes so I just want some pain ones that I can dye. Or they are ridiculously expensive like 30+dollars a shirt which is more for designer brand than anything. Has anyone seen what I quest for or should I just figure out another option?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2014, 11:39 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Is this something like what you're looking for?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EHDZRZY/ref=s9_hps_bw_g193_ir23?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-7&pf_rd_r=1089XKA5FVZNJH8JDEKC&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1615499642&pf_rd_i=2582770011

Me treehugger.gif + DH reading.gif= DD faint.gif (1/2004) & DS babyf.gif (6/2013)
homeschool.gifnovaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifwaterbirth.jpg
Old 03-30-2014, 11:45 PM - Thread Starter

Yep like that except white or natural, and in cotton, so that I can dye it.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
They do make these in white and organic cotton...use kimono in your search terms.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:44 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Google organic cotton baby kimono white

Most of the ones I saw had ties rather than press studs though. And nothing under $16. Although I think, for organic, that's probably about as good as it gets.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

Old 04-12-2014, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everybody, I think I'm gonna wait for a while and see if Burts bees starts carrying them again, if not I'll make a choice sooner to the time it's to need them. It's not like there's any chance of the baby going nakie, my mom's gone a little overboard, not that I don't appreciate the thought but wow I had no idea how far some people can take this baby thing.
On a slightly related note how essential is it that newborns wear long pants and sleeves all the time, I'm due in August and that is frequently a disgustingly hot time of year around here, it might be cool because of ac but it's still pretty awful and I can't understand the idea of bundling up for that if I'd rather be naked in a tub of ice.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:36 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Not essential at all. Dress them for the conditions. A general rule of thumb for newborns is one more light layer than you are comfortably wearing yourself. But, that said, I had a summer baby as well and she mostly wore short-sleeved body suits during the day and pyjama suits at night. Sometimes newborns have cold feet too, so you can do a short suit and socks.

I only ever do suits, never shirts and pants because I *hate* the constant riding up and readjustment. Plenty of people on here use shirts and gowns though. It's just a matter of preference.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

User Tag List