Diapering over "baby wood" question! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 05-07-2014, 10:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
My baby boy is 8 months old and intact...he is my first and I don't have a ton of baby experience. Lately he has seemed to be erect more often when I go to change his diaper. I know this is normal, but am I supposed to wait until it goes back down before I put a diaper back on? Disposables don't seem like they'd be that uncomfortable because they kind of "fluff up" (?) out of the way if needed, but he is usually in cloth which seems to put more pressure on his genitals since it's more bulky. If I try to point it down while he's "at attention," it seems like I have to hold it in place while I put the diaper over it (force it down, I guess?) I just worry that it might hurt or be really uncomfortable. (Because it is surprisingly stiff! hahaha!) Or that it could be bad for his penis. Any advice? I don't want to hurt him!

BTW, I am so thankful that there are a lot of mamas with intact sons on here!! I know literally NO ONE that has left their son intact. (Except one friend but she lives overseas and is more of an aquaintance.) Anyone that I know in person that has seen me change his diaper is like, "Woah, I've never seen a baby that isn't circumcised!" ...all of that to say that I'm glad I can come here for trustworthy advice. If it weren't for y'all, I'd have noooo idea how to care for my son in this area. smile.gif
#2 of 13 Old 05-07-2014, 11:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

No idea as I am in the boat of knowing no intact babies:( But had to comment as same thing.  It is so refreshing to see so many who do not mutilate their sons!  Good luck some one for sure will know the answer on here!

#3 of 13 Old 05-07-2014, 11:53 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
My little boy is not much older than yours but he's my 3rd little one so I am more confident than if it were my 1st. What I am confident about is that he will let me know if something is hurting or irritating him and I will understand his communications.
I have had the same questions and concerns as you with diapering over an erection. I have found that he doesn't seem bothered with either disposables or cloth.
Maybe I should ask my husband what he thinks!
#4 of 13 Old 05-07-2014, 11:53 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We do EC and I found that DS would be more erect when he really had to pee. 

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#5 of 13 Old 05-08-2014, 06:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thanks guys!
#6 of 13 Old 05-08-2014, 08:02 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

I just push it down and diaper over it.  My dh says men can push it down, no problem.  

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
#7 of 13 Old 05-08-2014, 01:36 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)

Yup, push it down and move on. Done it numerous times with ds, he doesn't seem the least bit upset about it. Probably a bit TMI, but I know my dh pushes his own down if he doesn't, um, need it that way...

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
*4***8***12***16***20***24***28**32***36***40** Oct 2014 it's a
#8 of 13 Old 05-10-2014, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somegirl99 View Post

Really? Thats fascinating! I thought men (at least, grown men) couldn't pee erect? Like it actually is impossible because of some inner sphincter keeping urine at bay and the channels clear for semen. But maybe that only begins in puberty, and not before there's any semen to protect. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyscience View Post

Yup, push it down and move on. Done it numerous times with ds, he doesn't seem the least bit upset about it. Probably a bit TMI, but I know my dh pushes his own down if he doesn't, um, need it that way...

Lol, heard that too. I was so shocked! I'd definitely think it hurts if someone hadn't told me this. 

Writing about life-long learning and discovery at: www.neoapprentice.com 

:: A neo-apprentice knows there are no true masters. 

25yo FTM to a Wiggle Panda diaper.gif, student teacher read.gif, newlywed love.gif 

#9 of 13 Old 05-12-2014, 08:04 AM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthiamoon View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by somegirl99 View Post

Really? Thats fascinating! I thought men (at least, grown men) couldn't pee erect? Like it actually is impossible because of some inner sphincter keeping urine at bay and the channels clear for semen. But maybe that only begins in puberty, and not before there's any semen to protect. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyscience View Post

Lol, heard that too. I was so shocked! I'd definitely think it hurts if someone hadn't told me this. 

Having not actually watched him in the bathroom, I don't know the mechanics of it, but I know my dh also gets hard when he needs to pee, especially in the morning, and he goes into the bathroom and accomplishes the task. Ah, the mysteries of men I've discovered since being married. (I have four brothers, we just didn't talk about this sort of thing!) And I still cringe when my dh squishes his man parts down. I just seems like it ought to hurt! And I feel bad if it's my "fault" he's doing it.

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
*4***8***12***16***20***24***28**32***36***40** Oct 2014 it's a
#10 of 13 Old 05-12-2014, 08:46 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I've always thought of it as a "pee-rection", as in the weenie is full of pie rather than blood. But what do I know? LOL

Bring back the old MDC
#11 of 13 Old 05-13-2014, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthiamoon View Post

Sorry for confusion, those are two different physiological functions.  Sexual erection doesn't start until puberty and this is achieved by dilation of blood vessels/increased blood flow.

The erection associated with peeing is different and apparently is caused by flexing muscles used to hold in the pee and then push it out.

Anyway, I mentioned it because when I see that in a baby I offer a potty or other place to pee before putting the diaper on.

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#12 of 13 Old 05-16-2014, 06:51 AM

Very interesting. I learned something for my future (possible) boy baby :) 

Writing about life-long learning and discovery at: www.neoapprentice.com 

:: A neo-apprentice knows there are no true masters. 

25yo FTM to a Wiggle Panda diaper.gif, student teacher read.gif, newlywed love.gif 

#13 of 13 Old 05-23-2014, 07:38 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I just put the diaper on as normal. He doesn't seem uncomfortable at all. I think guys pretty much have to do that (push it down) when they pee anyways. lol

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page