Mothering Forum banner

putting shoes on eleven month olds?

541 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Proudmomoftwinsplusone 
#1 ·
does anyone have trouble putting regular shoes (not bobux, buskins or shooshoos) on babies? i cant seem to get them on my boys feet. it seems like they wont unbend their ankles so their feet can slide in the shoes. i am going to buy some leather shooshoos but we have some regular shoes too that i would like thm to wear sometimes.

#2 ·
Yep, I have trouble with this, too (my babes 10 1/2 months). We have a pair of Shooshoos and it's nearly impossible to get them on him...and they're even on the big side! And the water shoes we have (also a size larger) are hard to get on him too. And he struggles. The only shoes that are easy to put on are the little sandals. He seems to dislike any shoes. Must take after me.

#4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MommaCheesehead
I don't even bother trying. My little ones hated any kind of regular shoes. Can't really blame them, they're so uncomfy. Even if I could get them on they'd wiggle out of them in a matter of minutes. I just stick to the Robeez now.
Hmm. I can't even get those types on Lucas; the Shooshoes are very similar to Robeez. Ah, well. :tongue

#5 ·
i decided to buy some cloth choes with nonslip bottoms from one step ahead. they were only $10.00/pair. i know if i spent $20 on a pair of really nice shoes they would take them off during a walk in the stroller and throw them on the grass without my seeing. i took them for a walk today and when we got home calvin had only one sock on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.