Teething? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

#1 of 6 Old 07-22-2014, 08:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Teething?

Hello everyone my name is julie i am a proud mom of a beautiful baby girl Shaniah Lee... She is about 4 and half months old in is starting to chew on her hands she does not even want her binky anymore, could she be teething? She is awfully slobbery lol ... i really dont want her chewing on her hands which i know babies will do but is there anything i can give her instead, please help.... any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 07-22-2014, 11:51 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
My baby started slobbering early too but he didn't get any teeth for a few months afterwards. You can give her other things to chew on like a damp washcloth that has been in the freezer. Wooden or silicone teething toys are also good.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#3 of 6 Old 07-28-2014, 02:17 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
How about washing and shaving a carrot (cutting off the ends so she doesn't accidently choke on them) and letting her chew on it? It might give her keratin and something she can't chew through. It would also be better cold, which could feel good on her gums if she is teething.
#4 of 6 Old 08-05-2014, 08:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeyac View Post
My baby started slobbering early too but he didn't get any teeth for a few months afterwards. You can give her other things to chew on like a damp washcloth that has been in the freezer. Wooden or silicone teething toys are also good.
I have some teething rings they just seem so hard for her right now as she will be five months in 2 days, she has little interest in them, for a few seconds and she makes funny faces at me like what are u giving me mom!! lol But i will definitly try the frozen wash cloth, i was just worried that it may be too much water for her to take in? What do u think?
#5 of 6 Old 08-05-2014, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird537 View Post
How about washing and shaving a carrot (cutting off the ends so she doesn't accidently choke on them) and letting her chew on it? It might give her keratin and something she can't chew through. It would also be better cold, which could feel good on her gums if she is teething.
I am appreciative of any advice , thank you for responding
#6 of 6 Old 08-05-2014, 10:58 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by precisousjulez View Post
But i will definitly try the frozen wash cloth, i was just worried that it may be too much water for her to take in? What do u think?
If you wring out the washcloth very well, it won't be very wet. It actually freezes better and is easier for baby to chew on if it isn't very wet before you put it in the freezer. You don't have to leave it in there very long. If it's completely frozen and hard, baby may not want to chew on it.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page