Mothering Forum banner

mini crib

820 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  eshe 
#1 ·
we are looking for a non-toxic crib that we could place near our bed for our little girl.
i would love to receive recommendations about mini cribs from non-toxic materials.
thank you.

#2 ·
The wood Ikea cribs are supposed to be nontoxic. We removed one side and zip-tied the crib to our bed, drilling new holes for the bottom slats so the crib mattress is at the same level as ours. We couldn't fit even a mini crib any other way (i.e. standing alone).

With my first, we rented the Baby Bunk. It was very narrow, indeed, but fit nicely for six months. The sidecarred Ikea crib has been as close to perfect as any gear can be; doesn't budge, my six year old sometimes sleeps in it, half my torso has slept in it often. Been great!

Wishing you rest!

#4 ·
We love our graco co sleeper mini crib, its non toxic, and portable for trips down to grammas. Its on its third baby, and every one used it as their main crib for a good year. I finally disassembled the actual big wood crib because no one likes sleeping in it, they prefer the mini graco crib until they are old enough for a toddler bed, basically :). If money was no object though, I would get a stokke mini circle crib, it expands into a big crib and later into a full sized bed and looks adorable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.