Mothering Forum banner

My brothers girlfriend dropped my baby

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  MountainMamaGC 
#1 ·
I've only known her for a little while but she seemed nice enough so I let her hold my baby boy for a little while. She was standing in the kitchen with my brother and I just talking. My baby threw up on her face and her reaction was to scream and throw her hands up in front of her face! Of course by doing that she dropped him and he fell on the kitchen floor. I was totally shocked as I swooped down to see if he was ok. Mean while my brothers gf jumps over us and sticks her face into the sink to clean up. I was so angry! Now I realize it was an accident and it wasn't like she threw him down on purose to be mean but still... God I'm still upset. He could have been seriously injured just because she had a little throw up on her face! I have never seen anyone so grossed out by a babys bodily fluid that they actually let go of the baby and run around screaming!! Like, what is wrong with her mentally?? She did apolagize and after a while I told her it was ok even though I was still upset because the girl is so young and sensitive. (she's 19 and my bro is 22) My brother was pretty upset too and he helped me pick up my son off the floor. I really fear for her future kids.. Is she gonna do the same thing if they vomit/poop/pee on her??? That shit's gonna happen if you have a baby!!

#3 ·
Yeah... When I first read the title of this post I assumed that maybe the baby flipped back out of her arms or twisted in a way where he tumbled out and I felt sorry for the girlfriend thinking she must be mortified.

But hearing that she litterally let your baby fall to the floor because she got baby puke on her infuriates me! Seriously what an idiot. Her age is no excuse at all to me. She's old enough to know that you don't drop a baby!!

I'm sure I'm supposed to be understanding and non judgemental....but right now I just want to punch her for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.