Mothering Forum banner

Scared to wash baby clothes..

2K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  Shainab86 
#1 ·
've separated them as best I can but I am terrified that the colors will bleed and ruin his clothes!:frown:

#2 ·
Baby clothes are no different than adult clothes, just smaller. Wash them the same way you would wash your own clothes. If you're very concerned about bleeding colors try washing them on a cooler cycle, colors bleed & set much more in hot water. Do use a gentle detergent though, so any residue doesn't harm sensitive baby skin.

#7 ·
Hand wash the ones you suspect may ruin the lot. Or try soaking them in a little bucket one at a time for an hour or so and then wring to see if any color runs. If you have bought knits mostly the color will likely not run - but this way you can be sure! Don't be anxious. Everything will be ok and you'll do an awesome job. Baby will love you regardless if his/her clothes are a little mixed up in color. They wear them for such a short time. And that too only in the house!

#11 ·
I have a baby at home and was concerned about this at first as well. You should wash everything once before putting on baby. What I did the first time was separate lights and darks and washed on warm. After the first wash I haven't had a problem washing everything together (even the whites and darkest of blues or reds) on warm. I do use a natural baby detergent when I wash his clothes/sheets/towels..etc. I personally haven't experienced any running/bleeding of colors in any brand of baby clothes so I wouldn't stress too much!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.