• 1 Post By helenebbl

#1 of 4 Old 11-01-2015, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Post Brace yourself, baby is coming!

Hello, here is what my husband and I are doing. Feel free to give your voice

It's him writing here below:

I am Tony, proud father of a 13 months old baby girl! She has changed my life so much for good! And as the majority of you know, for this "good" change, I had, we had to go through less good moments of parenting

Indeed, when my wife came back home from the maternity, boy was this new! The cries, the feeding, recovering from the birth, the cries, the sleep, the cries, the fears... oh man that wasn't easy. Sounds familiar?

Guess what, not only I discovered we should not be ashamed of saying that having a newborn is exhausting, overwhelming, but almost everyone around me felt the same BUT THE MAJORITY NEVER SAY IT EXPLICITELY. And the same majority never told the next ones what they will actually go through: NICE PICTURES OF SLEEPING BABIES ARE SO MISLEADING So since that day, I decided to share my experience as a new parent, to help parents-to-be get better prepared to their new life.

If you have lived the same and feel this is legitimate, YOU CAN HELP by giving your own feedback and experience in the form here. It will litteraly take 5 to 10 minutes of your time only, and will help others EVERY DAY during months!
Why in a form, would you tell me? Well, once I will get the answers of all young parents that have helped, I will review them and use them in an illustrated book as testimonies, in parallel to my experience. If you want to participate and make future parents switch from insecure genitors to successful young parent by learning how to take care of their new life with a baby, please continue!

If you are not a parent yet but want a baby or are wating for a baby, just answer the first questions, it will help us know what are your main questions.

In the end of the form, I have given the link of a very funny comic I found on the Oatmeal. ALL ANSWERS WILL BE LET OPEN TO PUBLIC! See summary of responses on how other parents feel too! The link is available at the end of the form.

THANK YOU AND LET'S GO !

EDIT:
So I am not allowed to put the link of our home made google form.
Do you think this is worth it so the moderators should allow it?
StepGirlfriend likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 11-19-2015, 01:50 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
I, personally, think this is a great idea.

I have a step daughter who's life I wasn't in until she was 6 years old and I have NO experience with babies or even young children. Everyone just keeps telling me "Be prepared to be tired!" and everything just seems like some kind of joke. Yes, I understand that there will be good and bad moments as with all things in life but I truly value REAL perspective from people going through exactly what I can look forward to in 18 weeks. I think it's great to be real with one another so that when we have those moments of "Oh my god, the baby won't stop crying and I've tried everything, I am the worst parent in the world!" we can have the knowledge that LOTS of other people go through this and that this, like most things, is temporary.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~~

CBDQ spells family for us.
#3 of 4 Old 11-19-2015, 06:22 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I think people don't say much about how truly hard new parenthood is because we don't want to terrify parents-to-be, or discourage people from having babies. It's hard to put in to words the overwhelming love that makes it all worth it, and before scaring anyone off I would rather they understand that. I don't think any excited first time parents are really going to grasp any of the difficulty until they experience it themselves, so I don't know how much telling them will prepare them. It would be more helpful to them to read it when the baby has come, so they know they aren't alone, and that it WILL get better.

That being said, I would be happy to share my experiences for those who want to read it (at their own risk! Just kidding. ) Be warned that it will be long. To sum it up I am super relieved to have a two year old rather than an infant. Not that that stops me from wanting another one now . . .

I am confused though; you had somewhere else for us to share? Or are we supposed to just say whatever we want to say right here?
#4 of 4 Old 11-20-2015, 08:25 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
There are lots of pictures of sleeping babies because that's the only chance you get to take a picture. If they're awake, you're either interacting with a happy baby or trying to sooth an unhappy baby.

Tags
life , Newborn , Parenting

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page