Is necessary to have a baby monitor? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 23 Old 08-21-2016, 09:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Red face Is necessary to have a baby monitor?

My husband and I gotta work at daytime, although my mom would take care of my 3-year little guy usually.

Do you think it is a good idea to have a bay monitor set up at home.

What type kind of Monitor do you recommend?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 23 Old 08-21-2016, 09:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Any healthy newborn can get your attention unless your house is really large. Just saying.
#3 of 23 Old 08-21-2016, 10:10 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
We have a 6yo and a 3.5yo and have never used/needed a baby monitor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#4 of 23 Old 08-21-2016, 11:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by katelove View Post
We have a 6yo and a 3.5yo and have never used/needed a baby monitor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
he is becoming naughty and likes to move around as he grows, I've never thought about setting a monitor at home before.
#5 of 23 Old 08-25-2016, 08:34 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I think it depends on your situation. It's certainly not a bad thing to go without a monitor; I know friends who never had one and I know a few who went all out. For me, the really cheap, speaker-only kind was adequate, not the camera one, because I just needed to know when my DD was waking up to nurse at night. I never used it to "monitor" her. I bed-shared (still do), but sometimes, I woke up in the middle of the night to catch up on emails or just browse the internet. She woke up every 2 hours to nurse until 18 months and then every 4 hours after that until well into old toddlerhood. I wanted to go back to the bed before she fully woke up, crying for me.
#6 of 23 Old 08-25-2016, 02:31 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Nope, not necessary. We've never had a monitor, not even for our preemie.

When we had our first baby we were living in a small apartment and co-sleeping, so it seemed silly. There were a few times I wanted to leave baby napping inside and go out to work in the garden or hang laundry, but I found that if I opened the doors and windows between us and checked every 15-20 minutes for signs of waking, that worked just as well.

We're on our third now, and finally in a full-sized, two-story house, and still not using a monitor. Baby naps in the living room downstairs (older sibs play in the adjacent family room), which I specifically chose as the setup because the living room has a window onto the backyard, which I can leave open in case I need to go out there to deal with chickens or something.

You might talk to your mom, though, especially if she's your primary childcare provider. Maybe she would prefer to have a monitor.
#7 of 23 Old 08-27-2016, 11:26 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have never had it but I think it is really useful sometimes. If you can afford it, why not? You can always sell it if you understand that you don't need it. But it is a good idea to be able to see what your child is doing in the regime non-stop.

Happy mom and skin care blogger =)
Want to look beautiful at any age? Read about the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#8 of 23 Old 08-27-2016, 02:43 PM

I don't think a baby monitor is necessary, though I think you would like it. It's really cool to be able to see check on your baby without being there. You can also make sure mom is doing what she is supposed to do

There is not a specific monitor I can recommend though. We have one, but it is part of our CPI Security package. It's not really a baby monitor though it can be used for that. We can get live footage through our smart phone.
#9 of 23 Old 08-28-2016, 09:55 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
If I felt I had to spy on my kid's sitter, then I'd get a new sitter. Just saying!
#10 of 23 Old 09-04-2016, 12:44 AM

I think it's very individual
We didn't have one
#11 of 23 Old 09-06-2016, 03:14 AM

I have used a baby monitor from my first child. I pretty much move around the house while the baby is asleep. While doing the laundry or while i'm cooking. I like Infant Optics because of it's clear display. I suggest you check some reviews you can get baby monitors from amazon starting at $40. I have compiled a list of the best baby monitors on my blog hope this helps you out. Top 10 Best Baby Monitor Review 2016

“The only creatures that are evolved enough to convey pure love are dogs and infants.”
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
#12 of 23 Old 02-16-2017, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupidbaby View Post

My husband and I gotta work at daytime, although my mom would take care of my 3-year little guy usually.

I have a baby monitor and I am satisfied with him You can send me a message in my PM.
#13 of 23 Old 02-23-2017, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupidbaby View Post

any recommended brands from amazon that i can buy? i like to get one for my home too. if possible something with wifi so my hubby can listen or view when he is at work
#14 of 23 Old 02-25-2017, 05:26 PM

I never have had one (two kids) but we've always lived in a one story house so it's pretty close quarters and neither of my kids are quiet once they wake up! If you have a bigger house where you would be worried it may be worth it, but most the time they're not needed

Need to take some time and pamper yourself today? Let me help! Visit
Naturally based ingredients, everything under $25, and buy 5 get 1 FREE!
#15 of 23 Old 03-27-2017, 06:05 AM

We use a baby monitor in the house. Not necessary always, but when we have guests over when the little dude is asleep upstairs, it sometimes becomes hard to hear him. Baby monitor (speaker only) works wonders though. Also when it's nice outside and you want to sit in the garden. Also when we went for holidays it was nice to be able to leave the little dude sleeping in the hotel room while we would be having lunch in the restaurant. I really don't go anywhere without it anymore.

But reading the starting post, are you asking about a nanny cam type of thing? So you can watch your kid while you're at work? I don't have one of those, but also don't think it would be necessary. When I drop the kid off at daycare, I also won't be able to monitor him, which I think is kind of a similar situation.
#16 of 23 Old 06-07-2017, 06:01 PM

If its your mom who will be going to baby-sit, I don't think you still need a monitor at home since you are more complacent specially if your baby is being treated well. Since its your mom, I assume she already knows what to do with the baby. Just give her a more concrete routine and her top most priority must be the children. You can always monitor or check on the condition of your children through calling your mom on phone during your free time.
#17 of 23 Old 06-28-2017, 03:16 AM
Banned

yet i haven't used baby monitor.
#18 of 23 Old 06-29-2017, 10:22 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
I think baby monitors are overrated. We have a fancy one with the screen. About the only time we really ever use it is when we're spying on our 2 and 3 year olds. Rarely ever use it for the baby because we can hear her cry from anywhere in our 3600 square foot house!
#19 of 23 Old 07-25-2017, 12:29 PM

#20 of 23 Old 08-21-2017, 09:52 PM

Yes. Better seek help from your parents rather than a Monitor. Your attention is essential at this period.

Last edited by tracybak; 08-21-2017 at 09:55 PM.
#21 of 23 Old 08-31-2017, 06:39 AM

We have a 5 and 3yo and we used monitor on the second one. It is very useful especially when you have to focus on two children. These are not complicated devices, just choose the average price.
#22 of 23 Old 09-16-2017, 02:32 AM

I'm deciding to use baby monitor, I hope it helps to see my baby when I focus on housework.
#23 of 23 Old 09-16-2017, 06:15 AM

monitoring is good idea as long as the child doesn't feel he or she is in captivity of mother

Tags
monitor , security

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page