Mothering Forum banner

How does someone balance job, kids, friends and workouts?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Torry Cox 
#1 ·
I'm curious to how you girls balance a job, kids, a social life? Right now my job takes up all my time and energy.
I am interested to see how people can live totally different and productive lives, for example this Instagram girl

#2 ·
I'm curious to how you girls balance a job, kids, a social life? Right now my job takes up all my time and energy.
I am interested to see how people can live totally different and productive lives, for example this Instagram girl
I went to the decree at 8 months of pregnancy, stayed in the decree for 4 months and then went to work. Since then and to this day in working hours with the child my mother. My husband and I have time to work, to sit with a child in the evening, and sometimes we go out with friends and actively spend time. Free time is less, but with the right approach you can do everything.

#3 ·
I think it really comes down to what is really important to you. I work a full time job, have two kids who are heavily involved in sports, and I'm trying to run my own business from home. I can't say much about the social life, but I've pretty much come to the conclusion that if you want something you just have to find ways to make it work. I stopped going to the gym and started working out with youtube videos and my kids do them with me. That gives us bonding time and I get my workouts in. That's just an example. I don't know how old your kids are but if you want it just make it happen. You'll figure it out. It just takes time and effort.

#4 ·
I am not a working mother and have 5 children, their ages ranging between 16 years to a year and a half. The issue here does not apply to me, but I see around a variety of situations as nowadays most of the families, especially in cities, are nuclear and almost in all of them women are working mothers. Double income is the norm and so is working outside (financial) independence) has become an element of women's lib. The situations differ widely across the families. Wherever an able bodied grandma or an elderly close relative lives with the families the working mothers are facilitated to a considerable extent.. Part time or full time helpers and creches provide the second best alternative. Some women have made the adjustment by postponing outside work till the children became teenagers. To me, if one can afford, mothers should have maximum opportunity to bring up children and spend time with them. Laboured bonding as such does not have much meaning. Incidentally, my personal thought is that heavy TV viewing by children is not a healthy source of entertainment; opinions may differ on this. Of course, it is the easiest means to keep the small children engaged.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.