2Likes
  • 1 Post By CricketVS
  • 1 Post By MissAnthrope

#1 of 9 Old 08-23-2017, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Do you follow safe sleeping practices for your baby?

Name:  sleep.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  67.2 KB

Quote:
Although the “Safe to Sleep” campaign urging parents to lay babies flat on their backs has been running for 23 years, new research shows that less than 50% of mothers report following the recommendation. Over Half of U.S. Moms Not Following Safe Sleeping Practices
Do you follow safe sleeping practices for your baby?

I would love to hear your feedback on this article.
stellakelly likes this.

"Show respect even to people who don’t deserve it, not as a reflection of their character, but as a reflection of yours."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 08-25-2017, 03:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I have always put my babies to sleep on their sides. My oldest was a preemie and it took a long time for him to be able to keep breathing while lying on his back, and my other babies have all been very prone to spitting up in their sleep.

I have read the research and the biggest difference in the incidence of SIDS is between putting babies to sleep on their stomachs and sides. The statistical difference between side sleeping and back sleeping as a predictor of SIDS is minuscule-- they're basically equally safe from a SIDS perspective, but a baby who sleeps on their side is less likely to aspirate spit-up, which may not be a big risk to the life of a healthy, term-born infant, but it's very disruptive to their sleep.
CricketVS likes this.
#3 of 9 Old 08-28-2017, 10:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I always put my daughter to sleep on her side as well. Thanks for sharing the article though.

#4 of 9 Old 08-30-2017, 12:58 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes, I do. I always put my baby sleep on his back. Sometime, he falling asleep while breast feeding, too.
#5 of 9 Old 08-31-2017, 06:24 AM

I always put my baby to sleep on his back. This is a natural sleeping position for a baby (especially in baby carriage).
#6 of 9 Old 09-12-2017, 12:23 PM

I seen it and so every kid I remember and i had seen is always in this position, best position and safe position.
#7 of 9 Old 09-21-2017, 08:58 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I always put baby to sleep on her back especially when she was an infant and using a bassinet. When she started being able to roll, I would find her sleeping on her side and it appeared as if she was comfortable in this position so I didn't worry about it. Once she was able to roll onto her tummy, I would continue placing her on her back but she would turn herself right over onto her tummy and sleep that way, even during the night. I would check to see if her face was turned to the side so as not to obstruct her nose however she naturally did this herself. Just make sure there aren't any blankets or toys in the crib and there's not much else you can do.
#8 of 9 Old 09-21-2017, 11:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I don't believe in anything more than common sense when it comes to this issue. Like, people have only been sleeping with their babies across cultures everywhere, for aeons. We should be looking harder at the real reason kids die in their sleep.

34 yo mum of 1 miracle daughter.
#9 of 9 Old 09-22-2017, 05:32 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Side sleeper

My son was also preemie, I also put him to sleep on his side and I made sure he stayed that way with a rolled blanket, it just seemed safer.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page