• 2 Post By philomom
  • 1 Post By blessedwithboys
  • 1 Post By katelove

#1 of 22 Old 10-05-2017, 08:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What race is my son. Please help

Hello All, I don't mean this in a bad way to offend anyone but really need some help. I recently had my premature son 2 days ago. My husband and I are both white. I am Irish American with red hair and my husband has reddish brown hair. When my son was born he was very pale skin and has a head full of jet black hair. A couple of days later my son is turning a tan skin color. I am faithful in my marriage but my husband does not think our son is his and neither does our families. Everyone keeps thinking my child is biracial and that it is not possible for myself who is his mother to lily white with red hair and for my husband to be white and the baby to have wavy black hair and tan skin. I am so worried because no one believes this child is ours. They say things like he is too dark or he should look like you and your husband. My mother-in-law who I have never liked wants my husband to have a paternity test. I honestly don't know what to do. I am posting a picture of my husband and I along with my newborn son. Please give your opinions honestly. I need to know what he really looks like. I love my son with all my heart and there is nothing that I would trade him for anything in the world

Last edited by 431619; 10-13-2017 at 02:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 22 Old 10-06-2017, 03:06 AM

Mentioned: 143 Post(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
moominmamma and rightkindofme like this.
#3 of 22 Old 10-06-2017, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

Excuse me?

#4 of 22 Old 10-06-2017, 08:10 PM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
I am sorry that your in-laws seem to have problems. Pray for them.

Your son is a member of the human race. Period.

Otherwise, if you think there was a mistake at the hospital and your baby was swapped - or something - , then get a DNA test now. A blood typing test is a beginning.
kathymuggle likes this.

"Vaccines are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get - acute hemorrhagic edema of infancy, allergies, diabetes, eczema, petit/gran mal seizures, ADEM, AFP, ASIA, CFS, GBS, JPA, JRA, LGS, LKS, MS, POF, POTS, RA, SJS, SLE, SPD, TPI, Henoch-Schonlein purpua, fibromyalgia, Retts Syndrome, encephalitis, Hughes Syndrome, neurological damage, coma, or death."

~paraphrased from "Forrest Gump"~
#5 of 22 Old 10-06-2017, 08:23 PM

Mentioned: 338 Post(s)
Quoted: 2785 Post(s)
Also, most babies are born with dark hair. It falls out after a few months and then their hair grows back in a different color. My daughter was born with dark hair, had blond hair as a child and now has light brown hair as an adult.

In terms of skin color, who knows? It will probably change after a few weeks.

Tell your in-laws to give it time.
applejuice likes this.

vaccine injury is preventable
prevent it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(if the government still allows you to say no...) #teamvaxchoice
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#6 of 22 Old 10-07-2017, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

Thank-you all for your kind words. My son is beautiful to me regardless. I did some family history last night and because of some of my family being Greek American that gene must of took over him. He is beautiful in my eyes and that's all that matters to me
applejuice likes this.
#7 of 22 Old 10-07-2017, 10:58 AM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Not too long ago, I read in the Daily Mail a story of two bi-racial persons marrying and having twin girls. There could be a veracity problem with reading and repeating a story from the Daily Mail or Daily Fail as some call it.

Both of the parents were mixed African/European ancestry.

As it turned out, one twin girl had blond hair and blue eyes, and the other twin girl had dark hair and brown-eyes. I think they are almost fully grown now.

When nature tossed the dice of our genetic makeup, one never knows what will happen. Enjoy your son. He is of the human race. God bless your family.

"Vaccines are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get - acute hemorrhagic edema of infancy, allergies, diabetes, eczema, petit/gran mal seizures, ADEM, AFP, ASIA, CFS, GBS, JPA, JRA, LGS, LKS, MS, POF, POTS, RA, SJS, SLE, SPD, TPI, Henoch-Schonlein purpua, fibromyalgia, Retts Syndrome, encephalitis, Hughes Syndrome, neurological damage, coma, or death."

~paraphrased from "Forrest Gump"~
#8 of 22 Old 10-07-2017, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

I had him two months early. He is still fighting in the hospital from being born with a collapsed lung. I really think my in laws need to be worried about his health instead of his looks. No one can help what they are born to look like. Since he is still a baby his hair color might change the older he gets. He was a answer to prayer. I have had 7 miscarriages before he was born and he was our only child that made it so I am just blessed God gave me the one I needed and tried for so badly.
applejuice likes this.
#9 of 22 Old 10-08-2017, 03:02 PM

Genetics can be very weird! My sister was born looking Japanese and with a head full of jet black hair - both my parents are caucasian! With a Greek background those characteristics can definitely pop up! But if it makes you feel better, go ahead and get a paternity test to calm your relatives down. You can do one at home and send in the result to a lab. But personally I'd have a difficult time having a good relationship with anyone that had the audacity to claim the possibility that he wasn't their relative (and implying that you had an affair). Go ahead and get the test, but the ramifications of that accusation will stick around for awhile...
applejuice and philomom like this.
#10 of 22 Old 10-08-2017, 06:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Just test to shut them up. Genes are odd. My daughter has curly hair that no one had had in my family for almost three generations but she must have gotten two recessives for curly hair because she has a head full of it.
applejuice and Deborah like this.
#11 of 22 Old 10-09-2017, 03:27 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazsmum View Post
I think I know why you are laughing but I'm too nice to say it LOL
moominmamma likes this.

Bring back the old MDC
#12 of 22 Old 10-09-2017, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedwithboys View Post
I think I know why you are laughing but I'm too nice to say it LOL
May I ask what is this being referred to? I don't think what I asked was funny and not sure what you are talking about
#13 of 22 Old 10-13-2017, 07:11 AM

Mentioned: 121 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
1. From the picture the baby looks photoshopped or like a doll or like its wearing a wig. Something seems fake or off about it. Maybe I'm wrong.
2. Any normal person would get a paternity test to shut their family up. The kid doesnt look like either of you.
3. You asked for my honest opinion. There it is.

I hear Maury Povich is a good way to figure this all out.

Mama to L (7) and A (born 7/15 by VBAC)
#14 of 22 Old 10-13-2017, 09:01 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Just to back people up

Yes. The pic looks like a reborn doll, esp. as the baby is static and isolated in the centre of a blue blanket such as you will find at online shops. I thought I was crazy so I googled the image, and while I couldn't find that image I found many similar. It's also unusual to take a pic of your baby (a parent) in the middle of a flat hard surface I would say, this baby looks locked in a fixed position and shrunken (i.e. not actually alive)... There is something off, the human brain I think is often smart enough to be disturbed when something is lifelike but not alive. If this is a doll you, the poster have some serious issues for trying to pass this of as your own baby. AND FYI, just because someone has red hair does not mean their baby will be born with red hair. Lots of Irish/Scottish people have super dark hair and the red hair gene is recessive (if you even have red hair).
#15 of 22 Old 10-13-2017, 09:45 AM

Location: In the middle of nowhere, at the centre of everything.
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 531 Post(s)
The eyelashes

Mountain mama to one great kid and three great grown-ups
#16 of 22 Old 10-13-2017, 10:38 AM

Mentioned: 143 Post(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMamaGC View Post

I hear Maury Povich is a good way to figure this all out.
#17 of 22 Old 10-13-2017, 10:46 AM

yes the eyelashes

Glad it's not just me that those eyelashes looked unnatural, but I have seen some plenty strange things, like babies covered head to toe in hair as one ex.
#18 of 22 Old 10-13-2017, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumto1 View Post
Yes. The pic looks like a reborn doll, esp. as the baby is static and isolated in the centre of a blue blanket such as you will find at online shops. I thought I was crazy so I googled the image, and while I couldn't find that image I found many similar. It's also unusual to take a pic of your baby (a parent) in the middle of a flat hard surface I would say, this baby looks locked in a fixed position and shrunken (i.e. not actually alive)... There is something off, the human brain I think is often smart enough to be disturbed when something is lifelike but not alive. If this is a doll you, the poster have some serious issues for trying to pass this of as your own baby. AND FYI, just because someone has red hair does not mean their baby will be born with red hair. Lots of Irish/Scottish people have super dark hair and the red hair gene is recessive (if you even have red hair).

I did exactly the same google search! Also, the OP said the baby was in NICU with a collapsed lung but there is no evidence of any IV or oxygen therapy in the photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lydia08 likes this.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#19 of 22 Old 10-13-2017, 03:16 PM

It's a reborn ya'll. Let's be gentle with the OP. You don't know what led him or her to this point.

Bring back the old MDC
#20 of 22 Old 10-13-2017, 03:41 PM

OK. I just find what she's doing disturbing and dishonest. I don't know if she's jerking us around or has a real problem (actual or imagined), she went to some lengths with that story and so on.
#21 of 22 Old 10-14-2017, 07:01 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
If you are not lying then just do a paternity test. End of the story! I don't get why would you complicate things even further. If your family thinks you cheated than show them the opposite with the paternity test. I don't get why are you making a whole post on interenet about it? I mean are you really not lying when you say that you were loyal? Otherwise what's with all the fuss?
#22 of 22 Old 10-15-2017, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddestmanalive View Post
If you are not lying then just do a paternity test. End of the story! I don't get why would you complicate things even further. If your family thinks you cheated than show them the opposite with the paternity test. I don't get why are you making a whole post on interenet about it? I mean are you really not lying when you say that you were loyal? Otherwise what's with all the fuss?
Did you look at the picture of the "baby"?

Bring back the old MDC

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page