Nov/Dec 2003 - July thread! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 142 Old 07-04-2004, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
starting a new thread for us...
I got new photos linked in my siggie, if anyone's interested!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 142 Old 07-05-2004, 12:46 AM
bec

Hey, I was wondering when a new thread would pop up.

I just read your C-section, VBAC, and breastfeeding stories, Stafl. It is incredible how closely our situations have been. Katie was a c-section, and we had a really rocky start with a breastfeeding unfriendly ped. I had a fabulous HBAC with Emily (I hated the pushing too), and I'm pumping for her as well. I am so determined to get her back onto the breast after her surgery!

Happy Independance day to all the Americans!

Bec

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#3 of 142 Old 07-05-2004, 02:07 PM

subscribing....

hey remember when we were all looking for those beach pop-up tents? they have some on ebay for pretty cheap. http://search.ebay.com/play-pen-tent...sortpropertyZ1

anyway, we've had fun today so far. Sage was so sweet waking me up this morning she was stroking my cheek with her finger and cooing at me,

have a great monday!

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#4 of 142 Old 07-05-2004, 05:43 PM

Thanks for the info on the pop-up tents. We've been looking for one too.

We have linoleum (sp?) in most of our house. So far I've been very reluctant to put Carter down in those rooms. But he's been sitting up so well (hardly ever falls anymore) that I decided to play with him in the living room today. The dogs were getting a little worked up so I went to let them out and left Carter sitting on the floor. HE FELL! he fell back and hit his head. I just feel terrible. He's sleeping now and I don't see a bruise or a bump so hopefully he didn't hurt imself. I feel like the worst mom!
#5 of 142 Old 07-05-2004, 10:05 PM

subscribing.....one handed now, so I'll post more later

~ deb, BFAR mommy to ds1 Dec 7, 2003, Jan 08, ds2 Sept 20, 2009
#6 of 142 Old 07-05-2004, 11:14 PM
bec

Aww, Cara, you aren't the worst mom! It's hard when the little ones get bumps and scrapes.

My worst mom moment was when Katie was about 18 months. She had been knocked over by the dog a couple of times (he's dumb, not malicious). And she had even had a couple of times in the backyard where he had sent her flying. But that was on grass (she cried, but was mostly just scared). So you would think that I knew better. But I had the dog off leash in the front on the driveway with her one morning and I saw that he was getting worked up and running all over the place. He finally connected with her and sent her flying through the air onto the pavement. She had a fat lip and bumped her head. It was really awful, though.

They get over this stuff really fast, though. And the great thing about babies is that they forgive so quickly.

Bec

#7 of 142 Old 07-06-2004, 12:36 AM

subscribing...

Thanks for starting the new thread Stafl - I guess I dropped the ball this month, didn't I? It's been a rough start to July around here though. This whole week just bit the big one! Last weekend we spent the weekend with dh's grandparents so all weekend long, if Jessica was awake, she was in great grandma's lap. She got horribly spoiled all weekend long so Monday was just aweful! She was cranky and wanted to be held, if I did put her down, she threw a fit! Tuesday I had jury duty - not exactly a pleasant day. Wednesday I took the girls to see the doctor (pre-vacation check ups) and wednesday night Jessica started running a fever off and on. She threw up on me that night, but I think it was more a big bubble in the tummy spit up rather than a she's sick throw up KWIM? Thursday and Friday she ran a fever off and on both days. She was cranky still and chewing on everything. The fever was very low grade, the highest it got was 100.2. I'm thinking it was teething. Saturday the fever was gone, but she had diarhea all day. She was still happy and playing though. Baby number 3, can you tell? If this had happened with my first, I would have been panicking and running her to the doctor. Yesterday she was fine. No fever, no diarhea, happy baby! She took a couple of super awesome naps too Today she's been fussy though again. She's chewing so I still think it has to be teeth. I'm hoping she falls asleep soon. She's tired I can tell, she keeps rubbing her eyes. MOmmy's tired too - I was up too late last night! I hope everyone had a good 4th. Here are some pics I took of the girls yesterday. Have a great night ladies!
#8 of 142 Old 07-06-2004, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy1980
subscribing....
Sage was so sweet waking me up this morning she was stroking my cheek with her finger and cooing at me,
The other morning I woke to Angelica looking at me and making a coughing sound (like clearing your throat) to get my attention. She has been on her hands and knees so much lately. And she's eating like a pig. I always make more than what I think she will eat. Just incase. She's been eating moat or all of what I give her!
#9 of 142 Old 07-06-2004, 10:49 AM

Hello everyone ...

Well Henry has a renewed interest in solids. He's been eating like a little piggy since Friday. He used to only eat about 5 spoonfuls of food but for the past 3 days he's eaten increasingly more and yesterday he ate about 1 Tbsp rice cereal, 1 "cube" of pears, and 1 "cube" of winter squash (which he previously hated). Maybe its b/c I started feeding him at around 4pm vs. lunch time, but he's totally enjoying it. He's even giving himself sips of water from a sippy cup. And he's still bfing like there's no tomorrow. He's become a lot more active and mobile lately, so I think that's contributing, too. He just needs more fuel! I think I'm going to try green beans or asparagus today, depending on what looks good at the market.

Henry's not crawling yet, but not for want of trying. He gets from sitting to tummy easily now, and can scootch backwards and in a circle. He can hold himself up on his arms but can't seem to get his legs under him and cries when I help him. I think maybe its the bulky cd, so I'm going to try some naked time today and see if that helps. He wants to move so badly! Dh was playing w/him while I was cleaning this weekend and when I walked into the room he pivoted and dropped to his belly as if he was going to crawl to me. But he got stuck. I felt so bad for him! He's so frustrated!

Oh ... no more biting!!!!! And I'm completely healed!!!!! I probably just jinxed myself ...

Enough for me. Hope everyone had a great weekend!
#10 of 142 Old 07-06-2004, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry's_Mamma
Oh ... no more biting!!!!! And I'm completely healed!!!!! I probably just jinxed myself ...
Yeah!!!

Jessica must be going through a growth spurt and nursing more because my boobs have been overly full the last few days. What makes it worse is every time I look at her, or hold her, I start leaking - we're talking puddles here! I have been able to freeze a little though so there is a good side I guess.
#11 of 142 Old 07-06-2004, 01:46 PM

Hey, can anyone help me?

Leland is getting these red circle welts on his legs. After a day or so they go away...but then they come right back.

Any thoughts?
#12 of 142 Old 07-06-2004, 01:48 PM

ditto that
#13 of 142 Old 07-06-2004, 01:48 PM

is it like an allergic reaction type of welts? Did you change laundry soap or anything recently? Maybe a new blanket or something? You've probably already thought of all these things though huh?
#14 of 142 Old 07-06-2004, 01:56 PM

Does he go in a swing maybe?
When Jonathan was litle I found big red marks on his legs. Scared the heck out of me cause I didnt know where they came from. Turns out it was from the way he rested his legs against the little plastic piece that sits between the legs on the swing.
#15 of 142 Old 07-06-2004, 01:59 PM

nak

no swing...but he loves to crawl. Maybe it's the carpet? At first I thought they were bites...but they go away quickly and they don't look like bites.

#16 of 142 Old 07-06-2004, 02:14 PM

hmmmm. The carpet would be my next thought as well. Maybe it was cleaned with something that he is reacting to? How strange. I hope you figure this out
#17 of 142 Old 07-06-2004, 02:26 PM

sometimes sage's legs turn purple-ish, but i think she has bad circulation like her daddy. I've never seen welts like you describe before, except ringworm. My brother was the ringworm king. and he never played outside, so our ped said he must have been getting them from the carpet. the only thing that finally got rid of them was moving out of that house (carpet cleaning didn't work) and applying a mixture of monostat 7 cream and antibacterial cream 3 or 4 times a day. they finally went away after a week or so of living in our new house. I know it doesn't sound very positive, lol. I'm sorry. but maybe you could look up pics of ringworm, some are more severe than others, and see if that's what he might be getting.

hth!

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#18 of 142 Old 07-06-2004, 02:36 PM

I don't think it is ring worm. It dissapears after a while. I have seen ring worm before (a friend) and it looks nothing like it. Honestly, I think it is hives from an allergy or allergies. Maybe soy?
#19 of 142 Old 07-07-2004, 12:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I enjoy these monthly threads. I get to read about what everyones baby is doing and their little eccentricities. It's so lovely.

Seth is sitting up now which is amazing, seeing as how he still can't roll over! He fusses and acts like the turtle on his back when he is on his tummy. He seems to have absolutely no interest in rolling.

No teeth yet, but he is eating some foods. Spaghetti sauce, some curried veggies, squash, pears, cherries, applesauce. He's a gourmet! I won't introduce many foods yet, because of allergins, but I am trying to introduce as many as I think are safe.

He waves his arms when he wants to be pciked up. His crying is more intense and seems to quickly escalate if I don't respond right away... which is encouraging for me, because that means he knows he can rely on me. YAY! I've had this obsessive worry that he will become autistic (I know two children who are, one quite severe, and it's my personal nightmare), and each time he reaches for me or stares at me for minutes at a time, I breathe easier. He giggles for short periods, but still isn't much of a giggler. When he is ecstatic he tends to put both fists in his mouth and drools with a big grin. Very weird and wonderful.

He smiles at everyone, and will put up with being held by everyone for a short period, but always wants to get back to momma.

A friend's mother is worried because he is not on a schedule and another friend insinuated that he won't turn over because I coddle him too much, and this month it hasn't bothered me one bit! They think what they think because they have their own set of beliefs. it isn't my job to change it or please them. WHEEW! What a relief when I realised that.

Momma to DS 1, age 8 and rainbow baby DS2 4-21-11.
#20 of 142 Old 07-07-2004, 09:22 PM

Ok, well we think it is peas. No more peas for him! We are going back to the foods he doesn't have a reaction to and then go from there.

I got my hair chopped today, I just couldn't handle the hair thing anymore...I needed something easy.

Here are a couple pics...and one of my new do.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...8610&members=1
#21 of 142 Old 07-07-2004, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter

Meriel is now sitting by herself really well. And she's starting to say "mamamama" and "nununununu" (for nurse and/or nummies).
She still doesn't crawl, but pulls herself with her arms anywhere she wants to go.
Those teeth still haven't come in, and now she's got her days and nights mixed up. I got spoiled sleeping all night, every night. Should have known better than to get used to it!
She still only takes about a bite or two of solid food each day. No hurry, no worry! She really liked the chicken broth I shared with her today.
#22 of 142 Old 07-07-2004, 10:28 PM

nice hair cut
#23 of 142 Old 07-07-2004, 11:17 PM

Thanks! I like it.
#24 of 142 Old 07-08-2004, 01:37 AM

cute!

#25 of 142 Old 07-08-2004, 04:26 PM

Wow, where have I been?!! Not on the computer. Not getting anything done in the house.

Last week was kind of rough. Mina was a non-napper and up nursing all the time at night and squirming around in bed keeping me awake. Dern teeth keeping us both from sleeping decently. I finally got some Highlands and that helped a lot. She seems to be doing much better the past few days, but no teeth yet.

She had only been eating about five bites of food too, but today she ate a whole bunch (like a tsp) of avocado and bm. She didn't even spit much out!

She's sitting like a pro and hardly ever falls over. Almost crawling too, but she can't seem to get the arm movements coordinated with the legs. She pushes so much with her legs that she ends up in downward facing dog! Little yoga girl. When she's at work with me everyone marvels at what a good baby she is and how cute and sweet she is I think so too

It's good to be back and see how everyone is doing
#26 of 142 Old 07-08-2004, 09:43 PM

oh boy! it has been a screwed up day!!

GOOD: First, we get Sage's pictures made at walmart. I let the salesman talk me into the extra 8x10 pose, lol. She was so cute and smiled for every picture, so I had to get an extra one, lol.

BAD: then when i got home: I'm allergic to ants and yellowflies, and guess what decides to bite me? BOTH! Ants are in my car b/c i left a mint in the ash tray, (un-eaten and wrapped, lol, not a discarded one). and yellowflies when i was spraying off the porch and disturbed their nest under one of the rails. I wondered where they were coming from...I can't take any benadryl b/c it comes through the breastmilk, and my arms and legs are swollen. I keep swallowing real hard to make sure my throat doesn't close My only option for releif is topical benadryl and ice.

AWESOME: My dad's 2nd wife is going to prison for a very long time! I know it sounds mean to be happy about that, but she was evil. she abused me and my brother, and even stabbed my dad with a kitchen knife in front of me when i was 12. He didn't press charges : and told the cops it was an accident : But now she is going to prison and I won't have to worry anymore about running into her when i go to visit my family in GA. Here's a link to the article if you guys are interested:

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/mld/l...al/9071060.htm

#27 of 142 Old 07-09-2004, 11:11 AM

WOW, that's quite a day Christy! I hope that your allergies are getting better.
I remember reading reading that someone else here is on WIC. Is that you? I can't remember. Anyway, what do you do with all the tuna :Puke
#28 of 142 Old 07-09-2004, 11:45 AM

Wow Christy! That hectic!! Im so sorry you had to go thru that as a child!

I havent been posting here much :

Noah is an avid crawler now and likes to pull himself up to stand using the coffee table or couch.

He is so sweet! Need to post pics soon!
#29 of 142 Old 07-09-2004, 11:47 AM

Wow Christy! Can't say you lead a boring life, can you :LOL

My doctor has told me to give Jessica Benedryl (they said 3/4 of a teaspoon, but I only give her 1/4) to help with her allergies. It makes her a little sleepy, but it keeps her from being so miserable. All 3 of my girls have allergies, compliments of daddy - couldn't he have given them something nicer? :LOL

We leave a week from tomorrow for our vacation. I'm excited, I haven't been to WA in 5 years. My dad has had 2 different houses since I was up there last. I haven't seen any of my cousins 3 kids, my other cousin just had a baby last month - well his girlfriend did anyway. I haven't seen my aunt and uncle since my wedding, that was 4 1/2 yrs ago. No one up there has ever met Danielle, well except one cousin who lives in Vegas - she's been here a couple of times. And of course no one has met little miss Jessica either. We're excited. My aunt makes porcelain dolls and she has given Mikayla a doll every time she's seen her - she already has some set aside for the girls. Chris hates the dolls, he's seen the Chucky movies too many times :LOL

Jessica doesn't want to crawl, but she sure can roll. She gets across the room in no time flat! She's funny to watch. She'll spin herself around, then roll wherever she wants to get to. Usually right into whatever her big sisters are doing :LOL

Well, errands to run, diapers to change. Have a great day everyone!
#30 of 142 Old 07-09-2004, 03:20 PM
bec

Happy Friday, everyone! It's been a really busy week here. DH has been working a lot this week and it has been really hectic.

Sherri - I got the snappi and I just love it!! It makes prefolds possible again! Thank you so much. Oh, and I have to say, it is hysterical to watch all the bouncing in unison on your post. I think that is my favorite smiley.

Well, the baby is chewing on the dog's ear, again, so I should go and save him.

Have a great weekend!

Bec

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page