Looking for Sleep Help/Support... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-14-2004, 05:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I posted this to the Feb Mamas thread....but thought I'd post here, too...as maybe those of you with older babes can offer some input on having experienced this yourselves...

Hi fellow Mamas.. It's 4:15am and I am beside myself trying to figure out DD's new night-time ritual. For the past 5 days, she has woken at 1am and stayed awake until 4am. She talks and coos...then cries...then talks and coos...etc. Nursing doesn't put her back to sleep...she just nurses for 10 mins. or so and then goes back to cooing. She was solely co-sleeping until two weeks ago, and now comes to bed with us to nurse and then sleep for a couple hours in the am. I have read The No Cry Sleep Solution and put those tactics to use over the past month...they have helped a bit in getting her down intially for the night... but now this new thing with getting up and staying up...I just don't know where to turn. It seems to have become routine for her and I don't know how to break it. Of course a neighbor (and even DH in a tired moment of desperation) suggest we let her cry for a few minutes before going in....but I just can't.

I'm really so exhausted and feeling really helpless...hopeless... I have a 2 year old that wakes for the day at 6am...so on a good night I am getting 3 hours of *interrupted* sleep.

Do you think this is a phase??? I need some support here...I'm normally not needy in the least....but tonight I'm swallowing my pride and asking for some support...

Becca ~Mama to 3 (DD - 1/3/02) (DD - 2/16/04) (DS - 8/11/05)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 07-14-2004, 10:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page