equinox mamas & babes sept/oct 2003 august thread - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 374 Old 08-31-2004, 02:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I THINK THIS IS MY 1000TH POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 WOO HOO!! AND, I've been a member for just over one year!!! Wow, i guess it took a logn time to get to 1000 posts!!
#362 of 374 Old 08-31-2004, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMOMOF2
HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I THINK THIS IS MY 1000TH POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 WOO HOO!! AND, I've been a member for just over one year!!! Wow, i guess it took a logn time to get to 1000 posts!!

Yeah!!!!

I'm sheepishly hiding in a corner... as a self proclaimed post aholic

: Karen, wife to my : Mad Scientist and mama to :Emma (10-21-03).
I spend my days : : and seeing how many smilies I can fit in my siggy.
#363 of 374 Old 08-31-2004, 03:36 PM

We can start a new thread tomorrow since that is the first!!!

Josie has 4 teeth now and I am not sure if she is teething molars or not. She still has yet to get the front top two teeth.
She figured out how to come down the stairs on Sunday but is still pretty scared to do it. She flinches everytime she tries. It is pretty funny. Yesterday while at Costco she started to wave at people. This was a first. It was pretty funny!! She even did it with her hand facing out instead of waving at herself. hehe..She isn't quite walking yet but did take like 8 steps the other night while I was gone at the concert. So daddy got to see. I guess daddy's need firsts too..hehe

Hey is anyone familier with internet marketing? What does it involve? I followed a link yesterday from here about it and the lady is supposed to call me this afternoon.
#364 of 374 Old 08-31-2004, 06:36 PM

I love the idea of a roll call. I lose track of who's who after awhile... maybe links to pics included in the roll call too? I always enjoy putting stats to faces...

Congrats to the pregnant mamas! How exciting... You're going to be VERY busy this time next year... he he... I'm anxiously waiting for my rather late TOM to start... I'm one of the ones that doesn't want to be pregnant yet... not till Micah's at least 2 or older... my very close friend is pregnant right now though and would be thrilled if I was too... If I'm pregnant I'm suing the condom manufacturer... LOL... J/K I don't think I am though, I think I would know... ALTHOUGH... my smell sensitivity has been very keen lately, and that was one of the first symptoms with my last pregnancy... I might just be super sensitive to any symptom like feelings... LOL If I WAS pregnant, of course I'd be happy about it... i'm more scared because of our financial position (it sucks) and the fact that I'm in a state that isn't homebirth friendly. It's not really about the baby... It's more about the pregnancy and birth.

My husband was let go from his job last Friday, but as always, managed to get another one right away. He had an interview this morning with a company that services restaurant equipment and they hired him on a one year contract. Full benefits (good thing if I'm pregnant!), company truck, overtime, sounds promising. With his history of job hopping though, I'm not holding my breath...
#365 of 374 Old 08-31-2004, 07:50 PM

I'll have to get some pics together for tomorrow

I can't believe she is almost 1

I still have over 100 posts to go to make 1000, and I've been here over 2 years, do I get an award

Mom to ds 9 dd 7 : and dd 3/08 : if I can I go to
#366 of 374 Old 08-31-2004, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman'smom
I still have over 100 posts to go to make 1000, and I've been here over 2 years, do I get an award
go to GAMES on this board - you can rack up a few posts that way

April - fingers X'd for you DH !!
sounds as if you all get things worked out

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
#367 of 374 Old 08-31-2004, 09:38 PM

Hey everybody,

I haven't been posting again, but I have been reading! Congratulations to all you pregnant women. That is so exciting. I'm a little jealous, but in my heart I know I am not quite ready yet, and DH is DEFINITELY not ready yet. I haven't even seen AF yet, so my body must not be ready yet either.

Julie is walking like crazy. It is so cute to watch my little drunken sailor swagger around the house. She's turning 1 on the 12th, and we've got two parties planned over the next two weeks. This coming weekend, the ILs are having a family party at their house. It's a traditional korean first birthday party, and it will be really neat. Lots of yummy food, we're all going to wear han boks, and there will be a little ceremony of sorts. I'm going to get tons of pictures!

Then on her actual birthday I'm having a party for friends. We have so many little-kid friends from our various playgroups and activities. We're just going to serve little snacks and cake and ice cream. I'm feeling disorganized! At least the invitations got sent out.

The next thing I was worried about was getting the house cleaned up, and for the first time in my life I hired a cleaning service. They're coming three days before the party, and I asked for extra deep-cleaning service - they're going to wash all the hardwood floors and wipe the baseboards and all the little stuff that is never caught up. It feels weird to me asking someone else to clean my house, but it's also a huge load off my shoulders.

That leaves me with baking cakes, cooking food, buying and putting up decorations. All the fun stuff. I found a recipe for a wheat-free carrot cake. I'm going to make one this weekend for the family party, so if it is horrible, I won't make it for the friends party.

What else? Oh, I won 5 ribbons at the state fair! I didn't think I would win anything this year because everything I knit has been pretty small or plain. But two blues, a red, and best original sock design plus a 4th place ribbon. Wow! I've already been to the fair twice now (once was to run the booth for the Knitter's Guild, the organizing of which has kept me pretty busy the last couple of weeks - not doing it again next year!) and I want to go back and eat more greasy fair food. My weight has plateaued again. oops.

Okay, I better go finish cleaning up the kitchen.

But one more thing - you all sure are good at racking up the posts! I don't know why it is so hard for me to put down all the thoughts I have. Every day while I'm reading, I think of things to say, but then when I start typing, they all seem boring or I forget what I was going to say or something. I need to participate more!
#368 of 374 Old 08-31-2004, 10:00 PM

Quote:
ShellyK -What else? Oh, I won 5 ribbons at the state fair! I didn't think I would win anything this year because everything I knit has been pretty small or plain. But two blues, a red, and best original sock design plus a 4th place ribbon. Wow! I've already been to the fair twice now (once was to run the booth for the Knitter's Guild, the organizing of which has kept me pretty busy the last couple of weeks - not doing it again next year!) and I want to go back and eat more greasy fair food. My weight has plateaued again. oops.
WOW - Congrats that's too cool
please post a pic of your babe !
love to see her

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
#369 of 374 Old 08-31-2004, 10:09 PM

My sister just sent me this - pretty cool:

Harvard Research on AP
#370 of 374 Old 08-31-2004, 10:17 PM

We are one of few cultures that do this :
I can't understand why some parent feel that infants must be independent & then some of those same CIO parents are totally over-protective when the child is older

#371 of 374 Old 08-31-2004, 10:27 PM

http://www.shellykang.com/julie/index.htm The latest pictures I have up are from July...I think I may have already put up a link to them. I need to get the August pictures up, but it's not going to happen tonight. I have to enter a bunch of receipts into Money, and then I want to knit up the last sleeve on a sweater I'm making for ME ME ME!

I'm using my knitting machine, which I've never used for a sweater before, and it's going incredibly fast. I'm using this wonderful Noro Silk Garden yarn, and it's going to be beautiful. I swear I'm going to knit more stuff for Julie as soon as I'm done with this sweater. One of the ribbons I won was for this super-cute sweater I made for her out of the self-striping sock yarn. I'll post a picture when I get the garments back from the fair.
#372 of 374 Old 09-01-2004, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polka123
G'smom- what color are his eyes?
They are half-way between blue and green right now. I think they will end up either green or hazel. Mine are brown and so are dh's but my mom's are green and my fil's are blue so who knows?
#373 of 374 Old 09-01-2004, 12:01 AM

ShellyK - Julie is soo cute. I looked thru all the photo.
I like the ones taken on the stairs by the photog.
great pics

#374 of 374 Old 09-01-2004, 12:38 PM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page