equinox mamas & babes sept/oct 2003 august thread - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 374 Old 08-19-2004, 09:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
we got the yellow lion robeez. i love them but dd hates them. she throws a fit and gets frantic when i put them on her. i've been trying to get her used to them as my sister didn't put shoes on her daughter until she was a year and a half and my neice would collapse her legs and refuse to walk with the shoes - i'm hoping to avoid that :LOL
We've used the Hylands and found NO relief what-so-ever. I'm glad other people seem to like them, not sure why they don't work for us. There have only been a few times when I've felt like she was in agony and motrin made her feel better in about 10 minutes, so I think it was worth it.
Does anyone else have a noisy baby? It seems we always are around quiet babies but Sophia is LOUD! she is always screaming, squealing, moaning, huffing, etc. It is so funny! DH and I are both pretty quiet people so we keep wondering where all this sound is coming from.
#182 of 374 Old 08-19-2004, 12:38 PM

Quote:
back from a long week of camping, with extraordinary side-effecs.
Hmmmmm, how mysterious MamaP :LOL

#183 of 374 Old 08-19-2004, 02:37 PM

Well, I'm officially the worst wife on earth now. Started yesterday morning at 7 AM when we realized I'd forgotten to wash DH's uniforms (he only has 2) the night before. Then it just went downhill from there... I insisted that DH get a shed for the patio to put his tools and crap in a few months ago, and this morning when he went to get something out of it, everything was standing in about 2 feet of water... everything is ruined! He had a fit, slamming doors and swearing, telling me it was my fault cause I bully him into doing what I want (in so many words), and he should just quit his job cause now he has lost $1000 worth of tools, and can't do his job... sigh... Turns out he is angry at me for staying home with Micah while he goes to work. Surprise, surprise? Not really... I know he hates working and would much rather stay home while I support him... be his sugar mama or something. HA! He's always making comments like "when you go back to work" and I keep telling him I'm NOT going back to work, but he just doesn't get it... Anyways, he made me feel like a complete failure. I've been trying SO hard... been making a nice dinner every night and we've been eating together at the table instead of balancing plates on our lap in front of the TV. I've been packing a lunch for him every night, and getting up to cook him a nice breakfast. This morning I collected all the garbage for him to drop off on his way to work, and he just shoved it aside and left it for me to take with Micah later. There's gratitude for ya!

Well, turns out I get the worst mother in the world award too... my bad morning turned into a nightmare of a day yesterday. DH called around 4, and I ran upstairs to get the phone where I left it on the desk. On my way back downstairs I slipped and lost my footing and fell down the stairs. DH heard it all happen and I was hurting so bad I had to hang up on him. Apparently he was calling to apologize for losing his temper with me that morning. So later when I can speak again, and had checked for broken bones (thank God I wasn't holding Micah when I fell!), and confirmed I was just very bruised and had a skinned elbow... I called him back... He told me he doesn't blame me for the whole tools thing, he was just very upset and it was a knee jerk reaction to get mad at me cause he was so mad... I knew that, but the things he said still hurt... but wait! It gets even worse... Last night we're lying in bed talking softly over Micah, who was sleeping between us, and I commented on how his mom has been acting weirder than normal towards me lately, and almost seems to be avoiding spending time with me. THEN he tells me his mother has been hinting around that she's going to call social services on me, cause she thinks I'm starving Micah, cause he's not eating solids yet. I absolutely came unglued, was ranting and crying and I'm still just seething today. I could just CHOKE that meddling woman. WHAT DOES SHE KNOW?! She doesn't even ever see Micah except maybe once a month, IF that... she has NO clue how many gazillion times I've offered him solids, and watched him gag and throw up and fight me off. The pediatrician and every other sane normal mother assures me he'll eat in his own time, and LOTS of late teethers do this... To make it even WORSE, DH went behind my back and called the pediatrician to complain about me not feeding Micah solids. Turns out the pediatrician is on my side and told him I'm doing the right thing, but the fact that he called him THREE WEEKS ago, actually believed his mother that I was a BAD MOTHER, and hid it from me really hurts... Turns out Mitch and his mom plotted out a scheme to make me think it was MY idea to eat supper together at the table, when really it was their way of manipulating me into feeding Micah solids before he's ready... I am so angry right now I could hurt somebody... I told Mitch I'm going to call his mom and tell her where to get off.

Well I decided to call my SIL and talk to her about the whole situation. I ended up crying and ranting at her... poor girl probably thinks I'm a nut case now... sigh... Oh well, I guess when it comes to our kids it's natural to be sensitive about criticism. Turns out my mother in law was not going to call social services, but did mention something about being concerned somebody would hear about us not feeding Micah (WHAT?! I breastfeed him a million times a day and I'm not FEEDING HIM?!) and call social services on us. Whew, what a relief to hear that's what really happened... NOT!!!!!

DH just called to tell me he called his mom and sister and apologized for giving them the impression I was a bad mother, and he promised he would never involve them again in his concerns about Micah. Turns out he was comparing Micah's progress to his niece (who is 6 weeks younger than Micah), and didn't want to talk to me about... uh hello? I am his mother! Wouldn't it make MORE sense to talk to your son's main caregiver, rather than go to your meddling mother?!
#184 of 374 Old 08-19-2004, 02:58 PM

Oh April.....how horrible. I think I would be tempted to ask him "what about leaving your parents and cleaving to your wife don't you get?" He has to live with you...not them. HE married you, not them. You are his other half, helpmeet, not them. Not to mention if he has a concern, whether valid or not, he should respect you enough to tell you about it.
Oh that just makes my blood boil. I am sorry. i hope things get better. How close does your mil live? Can you move?
Josie isn't eating solids yet either. She has three teeth now and is slowly getting interested but geeze...she weighs about 20lbs, which is what my other two weighed at this point with solids...She still nurses all the time. She gets up at least 2-3 times a night to eat too.
Last night she stayed in her crib till about 5:30...when I got up to feed her she wouldn't go back. She is so used to sleeping with us. She is getting way to mobile though..she kicks and thrashes and we can't sleep...so I am trying to get her into her crib more...(which is in our room)

Oh she loves cooked peas (not babyfood, not canned) and so far seems to like apricot & applesauce...and she just loves dill pickles....hehe
#185 of 374 Old 08-19-2004, 03:07 PM

back Penelope!! I'm with FRM... is there a cryptic message to your camping trip statement... have you joined the ranks with her... or was it just relaxing??? I'M DYING TO KNOW!!!!

April, I'm so sorry!!! for everything! What a crappy day! I often wonder why people refuse to let us raise our children. It baffles me.... I've never met a larger group of judgemental people, than other mothers it seems... thank goodness for this place (although there has been a huge level of judgement around TAO lately too )

: Karen, wife to my : Mad Scientist and mama to :Emma (10-21-03).
I spend my days : : and seeing how many smilies I can fit in my siggy.
#186 of 374 Old 08-19-2004, 05:05 PM

April, huge ((((((((((((hugs))))))
jeez - I would be pretty %^$$^^ mad @ my DH for going behind my back - some kids eat solids early & some do NOT !!
jeez - your babes weight is right up there with those that eat solids. Have your DH take a gander here.
I agree on cutting his apron strings w/ his mama.
REMIND HIM he is YOUR PARTNER now & you 2 are a team.
OHHHH : & someone EVEN threaten to call CPS on me - well my mama grizzly bear is gonna come out & wipe your head clean off-
GIRL - you showed amazing self control.
Micah is sooooooo healthy looking. WTF is anybody worried about - ooooooh - this really pi$$es me off about other judging your babe against mainstream.
We don't talk to DH's parents & they've never seen DS - Colin.
DH's folks are so MAINSTREAM & are very judgemental & hypocritical & disguise themselves as "good christians" when they are nothing of t he sort.
they would love the info of us extended b/fing (past 6 mos for them), no real schedule, co-sleeping, no vax - ugh.
My MIL is a hypochondriac that does everything the DR tells her. DH's ex is like that also - his prior kids sneezed & HIS mom & his x were convinced t they has some serious disease.
DH's x could not bothered with B/fing & shoved those kids in a room by themselves when they came home from t he hospital.
this all drove my DH crazy.
You are doing the right thing - Micah will eat when HE wants to.
You & DH need a real heart-2-heart talk & he needs to come to you 1st if he has concerns.

Colin's 1st Birthday is this Sunday - 8/22.
I feel so happy & sad @ the same time.

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
#187 of 374 Old 08-19-2004, 08:01 PM

Organique Gal - I am so sorry to hear this!

It sounds like you and dh are not on the same page with many parenting/partnership issues. I wish I had better advice for you but my only advice is that you guys need to find a way to become a team b/c such divisiveness can wreck a marriage. Also, find a way to get your MIL out of your parenting decisions/marriage. Three is a crowd, KWIM? Also, in some states if someone reports you to DFS and there isn't cause, you can sue them...

I hope tomorrow is a better day!
#188 of 374 Old 08-19-2004, 08:22 PM

, April. It sounds like you and dh really need to get some good communication going. If mine went behind my back questioning my mothering skills....well, I can't even imagine how horribly I'd react. I'm a serious mama bear and don't take stuff like that lightly. And I'm a tempermental Italian.... You're doing a wonderful job as a mama, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

cobluegirl, I'm having the same problems with mine kicking me and waking up in the middle of the night. I'm trying to transition them into their cribs a bit more than they are now. They usually start out in a crib and then come in to the bed some time around 2ish, when they want to nurse. But the problem now is that they wake up and want to party with me. They see me after they're done nursing, give me a great big smile and start to crawl all over me. Honestly, I love sleeping with them, but they don't sleep as well with me as they do when they're in their own cribs. *sigh* (they need a "sigh" smilie!) I'm very tired...it's almost like the newborn period all over again, as far as sleep deprivation goes. Let me know if you have any luck transitioning more into the crib. I'm open for any advice you have (or anyone else, for that matter).
#189 of 374 Old 08-19-2004, 11:02 PM

MamaP - I'm so sorry about the van and the tow bill... OUCH!!! Poor little Magnus... sounds like he developed the same dislike that Emma did after long bouts in the dang thing. My mother made mention of a road trip to Anchorage sometime soon to which I winced... I can't imagine strapping her in for another long haul anytime soon.

I'm so proud of my baby girl!!! Her new thing is, I sing "if your happy and you know it clap your hands" and SHE DOES!!! Each time I say it (except when I'm trying to get her to show off) And her newest thing that just : me is she'll go for the Satelite receiver (which I can't move) and I'll tell her "Emma... no no" She turns, smiles and gives me a miss America wave. Try not laughing at that one! How on earth can I get her to understand I'm serious when I laugh at her??????

#190 of 374 Old 08-19-2004, 11:27 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

scout started to cuddle! she picked up a little hello kitty doll the other day and she hugged it to her chest and 'sang' to it. it was so incredibly cute; i about cried. tonight i took her to LLL and a little girl there had some dolls. scout picked them up, cuddled them, then bit their heads :LOL.
#191 of 374 Old 08-19-2004, 11:30 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

#192 of 374 Old 08-19-2004, 11:41 PM

So cute!

She looks older than 11 months in one of the pictures - the expression looks more like 18 months or so. They are getting so big so fast

Where did you find the Beastie Boys shirt? My dh would love it if I got one for G!
#193 of 374 Old 08-20-2004, 12:06 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

andy made a bunch of tshirts for her before she was born. she has a whole little collection of cool baby shirts. she's outgrown most of them, though.
#194 of 374 Old 08-20-2004, 12:34 AM

Organique Gal,
Hugs to you. Everybody already had such good advice I won`t add anymore. Just to say that you are a great mom, and Micha is adorable and clearly a happy and loved baby!

Plum,
Scout is soooo cute. Did you cut her bangs? I keep thinking that I should do something with Maya`s bangs, they are starting to hang in her eyes, but I don`t have the confidence to cut.

OK it is back to the scrapbook table for me.
Kathryn and Maya 10/28
#195 of 374 Old 08-20-2004, 01:15 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

scout's had her bangs cut three times already! i can't believe it! i think we need to do it again soon, too.
#196 of 374 Old 08-20-2004, 01:19 AM

bangs? wow! my baby hardly has any hair. it will be fun when it starts getting longer...

i'm copying and pasting something from the fertility forum, because i'm silly and slightly paranoid and just want to ask '

i had an extra hpt that was going to expire in october of this year, and i'm not getting my postpartume periods yet (my baby is 10 months) and was feeling very not myself so i took a test and it was negative. my dad was in town and staying at our house, so i put the test back in its wrapper and into my drawer.

it's been about a month since then, and for some reason i pulled the test out today and there were two definite lines. that's just because it had been sitting there for a long time, right?
#197 of 374 Old 08-20-2004, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaley
it's been about a month since then, and for some reason i pulled the test out today and there were two definite lines. that's just because it had been sitting there for a long time, right?
Most likely but I'd take another one just in case...
#198 of 374 Old 08-20-2004, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaley
bangs? wow! my baby hardly has any hair. it will be fun when it starts getting longer...

i'm copying and pasting something from the fertility forum, because i'm silly and slightly paranoid and just want to ask '

i had an extra hpt that was going to expire in october of this year, and i'm not getting my postpartume periods yet (my baby is 10 months) and was feeling very not myself so i took a test and it was negative. my dad was in town and staying at our house, so i put the test back in its wrapper and into my drawer.

yeah I think it i just because it has been sitting there...for that long...do you feel different? I don't have my cycle back either. My ovaries have been sore but nothing else.

Josie doesn't have any hair either. I don't think dd#1 had her hair cut till she was after two...lol bald babies here.

Glad to have you back mamap! I missed you.
#199 of 374 Old 08-20-2004, 01:36 AM

i had been feeling way more moody and blue than usual, and this week i've been throwing up--but i'm sure it's a stomach bug or food poisening. it was SO bad on monday, and dh felt a little sick too. i guess just feeling that way though, and seeing those two lines made me wonder for a bit...lol.
#200 of 374 Old 08-20-2004, 01:51 AM

Emma's new friend is frozen grapes!! She's been biting me soooo much lately, I've tried letting her mouth get completely numb on something cold before she nurses. I've got one of those safety net thingies that I fill full of frozen grapes and then I don't have to worry. She loves it. She chews on the frozen grapes and then slurps up the juice

The next 3 days are going to be brutal. I'm having a garage sale (all three days). The only reason I agreed to start it tomorrow is because my *mother* said she would take the day off and help me out (it's hard to lay down to nurse a baby to sleep when you are the only one here handling a garage sale .... outside....) Well, she tells me tonight that she's not taking the day off... so I'm completely on my own! My DH will help till noon or so, but then he has to go to bed. Give me strength......

#201 of 374 Old 08-20-2004, 02:39 AM

Quote:
FRM, how are you feeling? I'm thinking of you!
Thanks for thinking of me

I have so little online time as of late, I find it hard to keep up. I am always reading though, so at least I know what is going on with all you Mama's!

I am feeling pretty good, a little nausea and I am very tired, but not much to complain about (yet!). I think my milk supply has dropped a little already, my 3 yo can't get any milk and Deshi gets a little frustrated when nursing. I started with a big bowl of oatmeal and some RRL tea daily to boost it a little. I think I will pick up some alfalfa too. If that doesn't keep it up I will move on to herbs.

Our big news is that dh got a new job about a month ago. He works some nights and his shifts are long, plus he still picks up a few shifts at his old job on his days off. It sucks cause we don't see him as often, but it is nice to actually be able to pay the bills on a regular basis :LOL I tend to like my electricity We also bought a minivan (used) on Tuesday!! I am so excited because it is the nicest thing we have ever owned and it will actually fit enough carseats!! Plus it has a stereo (the one in our car got stolen) so we can play music for Deshi to sing along to

On the Deshi front, we discovered he is a blues man. Dh put on some John Lee Hooker and he got the biggest grin I have EVER seen and just totally started groovin' to it. He was dancing and running back and forth across the living room. We just couldn't stop laughing, it was SOOOO cute

Speaking of the boy.......he is waking up so I gotta run!

#202 of 374 Old 08-20-2004, 02:40 AM

One more thing, Plum, Scout is SO cute!!

#203 of 374 Old 08-20-2004, 01:32 PM

wow scout looks so old......lol she looks like a little girl...not a baby....hehe..those of us with bald babies don't look so big..hehe....Scout is so cute!!! I just love her hair...we won't have hair her till she is 2.5- 3..hehe
#204 of 374 Old 08-20-2004, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

SCOUT TALKED TODAY. it was so weird. she's been saying 'mama', 'dada', and 'my mama' for awhile now. but this morning, dh let pilot in our room. scout was just waking up and pilot laid down in front of her. she put her head on his side and 'kee!' it basically sounded like kitty.
#205 of 374 Old 08-20-2004, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

FRM, what good news on the new job! i'm still so excited for you.
#206 of 374 Old 08-20-2004, 01:48 PM

Griffin talks too - he says Mama, Dad (not Dada but I don't know why), Dog, Duck, Bye, Ball, Up, Papa (for my dad)... He was never a babbler - just went straight to words.

Also, we did Baby Signs with him and it was obvious he understood the sign. However, instead of doing the sign back he went straight to saying the word. He waves bye bye and I'm working on the ASL for "More" and "Eat" but he may go straight to the words on those too...
#207 of 374 Old 08-20-2004, 01:50 PM

plum, scout is so cute! her hair is beautiful.
#208 of 374 Old 08-20-2004, 03:50 PM

Hi girls... I'm sorry I didn't come back and reply to the posts yesterday. I was still reeling from all the negativity going on with the in-laws, and spent most of the day crying and ranting. What a great way to spend a day, huh? Well, DH apologized for not trusting me, and has promised to NEVER talk to his mother or sister again about any concerns to do with my mothering or Micah's progress, he is to talk to ME alone, and if I can't answer his concerns, he'll talk to Micah's pediatrician, who is FABULOUS and totally pro-AP, and backs up my parenting style 100%. I don't know WHAT I'd do without his support, my in-laws would probably grind me into the ground! He called and apologized to his sister and mother for involving them in his concerns, and told them he won't be talking to them about it anymore. It's between him and me alone...

Pray for me tomorrow, cause we're spending the evening at my sister in laws, and I'm NOT looking forward to it. My game plan is to just act like nothing happened, and move on from here. My SIL and I have agreed to disagree, and respect each other's distinctly different parenting styles, but I doubt we'll ever be close friends, unfortunately for our kids...

I just found out today that one of my very best friends is expecting again (her second)!!!!!!!! I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO thrilled for her! She keeps saying she wishes we were pregnant together, but I'm just not ready for another baby at this point. I want to enjoy every moment of Micah's babyhood without any distractions from pregnancy, morning sickness, hormonal fluctations, etc. I sure admire those of you who are ready for another baby, and are expecting or TTC at this point... KUDOS! I don't know how you do it! Maybe 8 years ago I would have had more energy and patience to deal with two babies at the same time, but as I approach thirty (I'm 28), I find my energy level is decreasing noticeably. Or maybe I'm just more aware of my limitations and know I'd burn out... LOL

Scout is DARLING!!!!!!!! She's such a mature looking baby... LOVE LOVE LOVE the hair! he he

I can't believe some of our babies are talking! I'm still waiting for Micah to say his first object word. He says dada, mama, mom, and bah (for peekaboo), but that's about it. He jabbers in an adorable little high pitched voice too, which cracks us up. He looks so sincere and serious, like he's telling us something really important. I love his little voice. Oh! He says something that sounds like "love you", which we say to him probably 200 times a day. It sounds like "lu oo", and he says it when he's snuggling or kissing... it's Soooooooo sweet it just melts our heart...

Anyways, just want you ALL to know I appreciate and cherish your support and replies the last couple days. I know I can always come here and find the support, love and reassurance I need when things get rough.

Hugs to all of you!

April
#209 of 374 Old 08-20-2004, 10:50 PM

Mamap - The smoke sucks doesn't it? I'm pretty fortunate that it's really not that thick up on the hill, what ever happened to the saying "smoke rises" ?? I can imagine you are pretty miserable. I've had a million people here today. Most of my sales were about an hour BEFORE the damn sale was suppose to start. I was pleasant, because they spent almost 200 dollars... but still : I have two more days of this..... *sigh* with a raging and cramps that make me remember back to a series of days about 10 months ago! At least they aren't coming every 3 minutes this time.

April - continued I hope your evening goes well.

Emma is another one that isn't big on "words" yet (maybe it's an alaska baby thing :LOL ) she babbles a lot. I caught her earlier, holding her book (the one I *always* read to her) emulating the vocal tones I use when I read it to her. It was so cute

well, I'm off to lay down with a heating pad in the hopes these dang cramps will DIE!!! If not... I've got the *good drugs* left over from my c-section :LOL and so help me... if one more person shows up at my house I'm going to shoot them.... what part of the garage sale was over at 4pm to they NOT understand???? :

#210 of 374 Old 08-20-2004, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

P, where is all this smoke/fire coming from?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page