equinox mamas & babes sept/oct 2003 august thread - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 374 Old 08-01-2004, 11:15 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wow, what a busy bunch of mamas! can you believe it's august??? the girlie is going to be one year old next month!
#2 of 374 Old 08-01-2004, 11:27 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

oh my gosh! i forgot! she's been so cranky the past two days. yesterday she just kept shrieking and i was getting so irritated and worn out. finally, i thought 'hey, maybe it's her teeth' so i checked. it was! i'm in shock: she's getting next teeth! she has two pointy things sticking out of her gums on the bottom, one on each side of the bottom four. one broke through today. this is wearing me out and i feel so bad for her. her sleeping pattern is fine (she even fell asleep early tonight) but all day she's so crabby.

i made myself a nursing necklace out of a few heavy beads and one of those little chains dogtags come on. if i wear it when she nurses, though, she tries to unlatch and bite it. instead, i give it to her and she puts it on herself.

she's started to turn into a gymnast when she nurses, too. it can be annoying. she'll latch on, nurse for a few minutes, then unlatch and climb on me then latch and unlatch in different positions. she'll tip upside down, hang in my lap, stick out her legs. if i try to stop her, she freaks out. sometimes i'll let her since she does seem hungry but other times, i just pull my shirt back down.
#3 of 374 Old 08-01-2004, 11:39 PM

I have a little gymnast too! It is kind of frustrating when I am really tired...but we are still nursing and I am proud because this is 3 months longer than my other 2 nursed

Teeth...we already have 5 and now it seems that #6 is on its way...cranky baby only wants mama. Its nice that I can comfort her but it would be nice to be able to go to the bathroom without her freaking out...this too will pass.

Thats cute about the necklace. I have a ring with a carnelian stone in it and she will stare at it and play with it while shes nursing...its pretty cute.

I cant believe she is almost a year old! We are definitely entering into a new era!
#4 of 374 Old 08-02-2004, 12:11 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

wow, penelope. your post really struck a chord with me and it makes me want to cry (it doesn't help that dh is playing guitar along with johnny cash's version of 'hurt').

sometimes i do feel like i suck. i mean, my parents (and i do love and adore them) were really harsh with us growing up. i saw that a normal reaction to something is to lash out, yell, hit, etc. dh wasn't ever spanked (well, he was on occasion) and so he doesn't feel that way. it wasn't until she was born that i began to realize that spanking doesn't help. it didn't help me, other than to learn that if you are bigger, you can hurt others. i don't want to be like that!

it's only been recently where this has become an issue with me. she's slapped me a number of times and i've had to bite my lip to keep from slapping her back. it's just a reaction for me, hurt who hurts you, and i so do not want to go there with her. i haven't and i hope i never do. if i do, i'm more than prepared to explain to her how wrong i am and how it isn't acceptable for anyone to hurt her. it sucks and i feel like such an awful mom sometimes. i'm learning and i'm breaking this cycle!

and i do love having a headstrong, determined child. i don't want her to be shy or to be afraid or timid the way i was when i grew up. i love how you phrased that!

anyway, she went to bed easily. she woke up crying so we put her nighttime diaper on and she nursed right back to sleep.
#5 of 374 Old 08-02-2004, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plum
wow, what a busy bunch of mamas! can you believe it's august??? the girlie is going to be one year old next month!
WOW! Where did the time go?! Seriously. Although we have until October.
#6 of 374 Old 08-02-2004, 02:18 AM

What great posts MamaP....now the big question....I am in the middle of trying to break the cycle with the 2 older kids..and dh isn't on board...and it is so hard....I spank...I don't want too and I know it doesn't teach anything....but it is so hard to stop...along with the yelling. T is almost 5 and I just about think I have probably ruined him for life already....

Yeah I have a gymnast while nursing too..I am so glad she isn't the only one. She also started hitting her head with her hand...as well as smacking anyone who gets close....she thinks it is funny. She bit me today (the first time with teeth)..oh.that was hard..hehe..I told her no that hurt and she laughed at me.
#7 of 374 Old 08-02-2004, 02:22 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

re:hitting herself: scout does that too. is that bad? we let her play with old records and i've noticed she will bonk herself on the head with it, over and over. she does it with books sometimes, too. if we call her name, she'll stop and look at us and smile. then she starts doing it again later.
#8 of 374 Old 08-02-2004, 08:49 AM

Chloe just pushed some button that made me lose my entire long post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamapenelope
In the long run, a child who grows up being yelled at, or spanked, or left in a closet to "consider her sins" or whatnot, learns that s/he is not worth listening to, not worth understanding, not worth time and effort and patience. She does not learn true empathy for others because her own little soul is bruised inside from being belittled or shamed or physically harmed.
MamaP you have been missed the past 2 weeks!!! Your advice and comments such as the one above are soooo inspiring and sooo true!! I learn more from your posts than i do from reading many books!! I'm working on changing my behavior too, it is sooo difficult, but i personally think that since i've been coming to the boards here that i probably stop and think about 40% of the time, whereas before i would always RE-act and fly off the handle immediately.

I'm not going to re-type the entire post i had... soooo tired, up most of the night!!
#9 of 374 Old 08-02-2004, 11:33 AM

Hi MamaP- good to see you're back!
You've really got some good GD advice. My DH and I both know we get too frustrated and angry with our DS (he's almost 8 and has WAY TOO MUCH energy!) I'm a bad yeller and he's a spanker, though he has way more patience than I do. We both know that neither are working and we try so many other things as well, but they're not working either. We are at a loss and unfortunately I never get the time to try to read any GD books. Any ideas what we might try to get hime to start listening and doing what we tell him at least after the first 2 times instead of 10 times and then threatening!!!

I grew up with just my mom and boy was that tough. She still hates (I really mean that she hates) her own mom for her having a hard life growing up. She just can't let the past go and it really eats her up. I love my mom, but the way she treats people really bothers me. I see myself saying and doing so many things that hurt me so much when I was growing up and it just makes me feel horrible. Some of the things she will say about me (to me) and my SIL are just terrible. The things no mother should ever say about her children. I just don't want to be that way.

I have really done a lot to keep myself in check about the spanking, it's the yelling that I really have trouble with. I guess you just keep trying!!!!

Sorry- what a bummer post!!!
In other news- Marisol just loves the dirt!!! We are trying to plant grass in our front yard and so we have just dirt now (the grass is starting to come up- yeah!!!) So I went outside to start the water and I put her down on the sidewalk. Not two seconds later she was crawling around in the dirt, eating it with sticks and trying to eat rocks!!! What a nut-

Sleeping- what is that? Marisol only slept 8 hours total night before last (usually it's more like 10) then only took one 2.5 hour nap during the whole day yesterday. She fell asleep at 9:15, but only slept for about 20 minutes. Then she was up until almost 1:00. She just doesn't want to go to bed lately! We only have one tooth and I don't see any more coming in, so I just don't know what it is!
Well- little girl is crying so time to go- have a good day everyone!!
#10 of 374 Old 08-02-2004, 11:55 AM

Proof that ds (age 3) has never been spanked: not exactly light hearted but it made me fell I'm doing something right on occation. Ds was making me crazy nothing I was doing was working in a moment of frustration I said "Do you need me to hit you?" ( I wouldn't have but I thought I'd scare him the way I was scared as a child). You know what he said " Yes mommy hit me". He didn't even know what it meant to be hit, so he wanted me to do it to him.

It's hard to break the cycle and there are still times that I wonder about gentle disipline, but looking back I'm very glad about the choices we've made.

Dd has decided she no longer wants adult food (fine) but she wants me to be a 24 hour snack bar. Ds nursed for over 2 years and I'm fine with that but I really don't like being sucked on 24/7. That and I'd like some sleep, she is also a gymnastics nurser, and searches out my skin to pinch and claw when she is nursing. Clothes necklaces whatever doesn't matter, she just wants skin.

Mom to ds 9 dd 7 : and dd 3/08 : if I can I go to
#11 of 374 Old 08-02-2004, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

these new teeth are taking forever . she nursed all night long, which is something she never does. then, when we finally got up, i rolled her over and she threw up on me. it was weird, she hasn't spit up like that in a looonnng time :LOL.
#12 of 374 Old 08-02-2004, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman'smom
That and I'd like some sleep, she is also a gymnastics nurser, and searches out my skin to pinch and claw when she is nursing. Clothes necklaces whatever doesn't matter, she just wants skin.
Griffin does that too and I've been trying really hard to get him not to but nothing is working... the first time he did it I yelped, "Ouch!" and he thought it was very, very funny. : Now, I try not to react but take his hand and put it on my shirt or his lovey. He goes right back for skin. If you find something that works, let me know!!!

Also, does anyone else's baby still not have any teeth? We have been able to see the bottom 2 under the gums since he was 4 months old but they show no signs of coming through. Dh didn't get any teeth until almost 14 months so we may have a while before G gets any.
#13 of 374 Old 08-02-2004, 03:53 PM

An "ouch" does no good, she just cries then goes back to doing it. I move her hand, she just moves it back I'm at a loss. But man does it hurt.

#14 of 374 Old 08-02-2004, 09:37 PM

I know Penolope, but I was thinking in reverse instead of a suit of armor for me, I was thinking a baby straight jacket LOL

Well off to vaccum the leaves off the living room floor : It's my fault for allowing branchs to come through the house on the way to the car.

#15 of 374 Old 08-02-2004, 10:59 PM

Penelope, great to have you back! Your GD posts are especially eloquent and true. I am lucky - I haven't had any temptation yet to hit or yell at DD, but there is plenty of time for that. My father beat us when we were kids. Every Sunday after church we were pretty much guaranteed a bare-bottomed session with the belt for not sitting still enough during the service. I will Never, EVER use spanking with my daughter. I'm also lucky that DH seems to have the same aproach as me - he's naturally good at redirecting.

Julie took her first steps the other night. Just a couple, and she's not doing it regularly yet, but it was very exciting. Joe managed to get it on video tape. Yay!

Hey, does anyone else's baby try to drink the bathwater? Julie loves grabbing the cup I use to pour water over her head, she loves sucking on the wash rag, she will even try to stick her face in the water all for the sake of drinking it. Blech! She got so mad at me tonight because I wouldn't let her have the soapy washrag to suck on.

We also had a cat-puke incident in our house this last week. So Gross! I'm not sure if she actually ate any, but I know she had some in her hand.

I just finished negotiating a power-play with my MIL. She had her idea of what Julie's birthday party would be like, I have mine. Trouble is, MIL is the type that she won't tell me what she wants till the last minute, then springs it on me and gets petulant if it doesn't happen the way she wants. This time, we pinned her down early on, and were able to make plans that will accomodate all needs. We'll have a family-only dinner party the week before that will include the korean first-birthday traditions; then a friends get together on the actual day with the american cake and ice cream. Hopefully everyone will be happy, but I know there's another shoe yet to drop in this deal.

Oh! I was going to bring up mealtimes - should we have a messiest baby contest? I think Julie would win. I was feeding her a mixture of kale and millet during lunch, and she was eating a plum on her own. I always try to give her some finger food so she will let me hold the spoon, and she loves attacking a whole piece of fruit. The plum ended up in her lap all soggy/juicy, then she took over the spoon feeding and ended up with kale porridge in her hair, up her arms, in her lap, and of course all over her face. I took a picture it was so cute.

http://www.shellykang.com/040802MessyKale0002.jpg
#16 of 374 Old 08-03-2004, 01:43 AM

:

Just want to subscribe

#17 of 374 Old 08-03-2004, 01:58 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

penelope, i don't think you ran anyone off. it's a hard thing to talk about but you gave excellent advice and you made me feel a lot better .
#18 of 374 Old 08-03-2004, 03:49 AM

MAMAP Na didn't run me off. I just didn't get any emails again...sigh...thought I better check before I went to bed. I am so tired. Dh comes home tomorrow!!! YEAH!! Unfortunately the kids know too and will be a pain in the rear till he gets here which will be after bedtime..but I don't think I will put them down. They were bad today...not sure what I am going to do with them tomrrow to keep them occupied.

Josie is starting to stand by herself a little bit more and more. It is so cute and my 3yo starts to holler each time she thinks it is great!

Hey does anyone know anything about computers?? Dh turn his on this evening to check email and then went to take a shower and when he came back it was all funky with an message about and error and rebooting so he did and it now says operation system not found....he can't get it to do anything?? Any ideas?
#19 of 374 Old 08-03-2004, 06:36 AM

Lots to write, subscribing for now.
Kathryn and Maya 10/28
#20 of 374 Old 08-03-2004, 11:01 AM

cobluegirl, make sure there are no disks in the other drives of the computer - sometimes having a floppy in there confuses things. Otherwise, it sounds like the hard drive has gone bad. It may be that the boot sector is corrupt, which might be fixable by simply re-imaging the hard drive (in which case you'd lose all the data). It might be a truly dead hard drive, though. If it's a windows machine, try booting it in Safe mode - turn the computer off and then as it's rebooting hit the F8 key (just keep hitting it repeatedly until you get the screen that asks you whether you want safe mode). This is a very limited portion of Windows OS, enough to allow you to back up your data and maybe run checkdisk which could possibly solve your problem too. If he gets it running, first order of business is backing up data!

I actually have a reminder in my Outlook program to back up everything once a month. I've had enough computers go kaplooey that I've learned my lesson. I hope this helps a bit. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Okay, favorite foods - well, whole pieces of fruit. Plums and pears are the main ones she's had. She gobbles down most fruit put in front of her - blueberries are one of the current hot ones. She will also gladly eat the cereal I make for her.

I have another question to go along with Penelope's. What does a typical day of food look like for your babe? I'll start. Julie's allergic to wheat, so we don't do bread, but I'm really going to get around to baking some wheat free bread. Really. Soon.

Breakfast: About 2 tbs of either millet or quinoa cereal - I used to heat up more, but that's about all she'll eat at a sitting, and lately either some split pea porridge mixed in with that. Also, I stick in a couple pinches of either ground flax seeds or brewer's yeast. She also gets some cut-up fruit. I know now that we're not supposed to give them strawberries till later, but I did it before I read that, so she gets strawberries pretty often, sometimes bananas or blueberries or kiwi.

Lunch: More porridge, usually the opposite of what she had for breakfast. Sometimes I'll give her the cereal out of the box just to get it used up. Maybe a block of kale, usually a veggie and a fruit.

Dinner: Repeat of lunch, I usually try to give her at least two veggie/fruit options to play with on her tray. Sometimes I let her have an entire rice cake to gnaw on, but I watch her really carefully because she sometimes gets big chunks in her mouth.

We aren't really doing meat or dairy yet. I tried yogurt a couple weeks ago and had weird poop. Now that she's back to normal, I'm thinking about testing the waters again. I didn't like changing 6 poopy diapers a day AT ALL. A couple weeks ago we were at a barbecue restaurant and she was desperate to have the rib I was eating. So I did let her gnaw on the mostly-empty bone and she was in seventh heaven. I felt like a bad mommy because who knows what's in the sauce, but she loved it so much, and it meant that I got to eat a few more bites of dinner in peace. This last weekend she did the same thing over a chicken drumstick, and I went ahead and let her have it. I think I may have a meat lover on my hands.

OMG! The junk that the women in my mommy and me class have been feeding their kids just frightens me! Canned chicken - the kind in the flat tuna-fish shaped can. American cheese slices. Cheese doodles, goldfish crackers, ice cream, and plenty of other amazingly stupid stuff that I can't remember right now. Plus, the mommies who weaned to formula early for no particular reason are now switching to whole milk just shy of a year. I feel so sorry for those kids' little bodies!

Oh, and another food question - how careful are you all about using organics? So far, I've fed Julie probably 95% organic stuff. As strongly as I feel about doing the right thing for my baby and the planet, it is expensive! Sometimes I am tempted to go ahead and buy the cheaper stuff, but I haven't done it for her yet. With Julie eating real food, we have more fresh fruit and veggies in the house than I can remember ever having before in my life. I had never even considered cooking kale before reading the super baby food book.

Look at this crazy long post. I'm sorry - I've been thinking all this food stuff for a while and forgetting to actually write about it when I get my chance here.
#21 of 374 Old 08-03-2004, 11:32 AM

We basically feed her whatever we are eating, just not the highly allergic stuff. I was being more strict, but then she got ahold of ds's milk glass one day and drank a bunch, oh well... We still keep her away from most dairy, peanut butter, the big stuff, but I don't prepare anything special. I guess that is a benefit of her being so big on just mommy milk, I don't worry too much, and don't get grief from anyone. Ds was a string bean, so I got lots of "what are you feeding him"

#22 of 374 Old 08-03-2004, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

S still isn't eating much. this weekend we went to perkins and i gave her a little bit of my hashbrown and she loved it! last week i gave her some plain organic spinach spaghetti noodles. i looked back and she had set one on top of her head but didn't really eat much of it. yesterday dh gave her a little piece of his sandwich and it had mustard on it. she made the worst face and pulled it back out of her mouth and tried to give it back to him :LOL. then she ate it again, still making the face. she will munch on organic cheerios all day, though. our cats like to eat them (not sure why) and she loves it when they sit next to her and eat them, too. she just likes nursing, though.

her tooth broke through on one side but the other is still just under the skin. she's still been cranky but not too bad. she's nursing all night, which i'm not used to.

penelope, i read part of what you wrote to my husband and he liked it, too. he's the most patient person ever (much more easygoing than i am) and your goals are what his are, too. he especially liked what you said about how the house is the baby's, too, and you have to make the house friendly to the baby. he knows people who freak out if their kid makes a mess, rather than put the things away that you don't want them getting in to. i'm sure this is worded badly but i'm not sure how to fix it .
#23 of 374 Old 08-03-2004, 01:08 PM

Shelley thanks for the computer advice. I will check it out when dh gets home today!!!! HE was so pissy last night about his computer...hehe...I can relate..if it was mine..oh man...I would be in a really bad mood. His is a laptop with only a cd drive.

As far as babyfoods go...did you guys see this???

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/West/07/2....ap/index.html

CNN

posion in Gerber baby food
#24 of 374 Old 08-03-2004, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamapenelope
I try to feed him organic as much as I can, but with such a big family, it just isn't easy. Organic bananas up here are 1.99/lb, and he eats a lot of bananas (ds1 eats TWO a day, at least, which is IMHO more reason to buy organic, but on the flip side is more reason why we can't afford to...) sigh.
Organic bananas are kind of a waste of money anyway b/c bananas are usually very low in pesticides. For those of you who are trying to be organic AND budget conscience, you might like this link:

http://www.stonyfield.com/Organic/EWGShoppersGuide.pdf

It also contains a wallet-size reference for use when you go grocery shopping.
#25 of 374 Old 08-03-2004, 07:45 PM

hi everyone.

nice to see mamap back.
i sometimes wonder what happened to posters like mamarsupial, amywillow (i see she's still around), and starmama (lisa_lynn)... i guess there's a constant rotation of sorts.

eva is so ready to start walking on her own, she doesn't crawl so she relies on us for mobility. our backs are killing us. all she wants to do is walk around all the time. she has this new crazy bedtime routine now that involves walking as fast as she can (almost runs!) holding on to our hands and shrieking like a mad woman. it's hilarious!! :LOL needless too say, NOT appropriate for bedtime, but what'cha gonna do? :LOL

as far as food goes, she's been eating pretty well, thank goodness. i was getting worried there for a while. she started being intersted at around 8mos. and now loves food. she usually just has what we have-- everything except red meat and pork. she loves chicken and pasta. this girl is already a carbohydrates addict! : if it were up to her she'd live on noodles and bread. heheheh. she does love her fruit, though. grapes being the current favorite. surprisingly she doesn't like bananas that much at all. weird. she's also had strawberries a few times. dh didn't know about the allergy thing, and she gave them to her. i figure, she didn't react to them badly, she's not allegic. right?

on this topic but off the main topic (babies) my brother-who's a biochemist and possibly the smartest person i know- says that the reason why there's so many allergic people in the US is because of restrictions at an early age. i know there's research that says the opposite, but if you look at the rates of allergies here compared to latin america, for instance... i see how he might have a point. kids there start on dairy really early, and cow's milk is a staple. i grew up in argentina, and never once met anyone who was allergic to dairy. who knows...

and regarding cheetos... I am guilty of feeding them to eva. we were at costco and i felt dizzy and like my blood pressure was dropping, so my mom grabbed a bag of this mix that had cheetos in it and i chowed down some of them for the salt (and they tasted good, too! ). poor dd was drooling looking at them, wanted one so bad. so my mom and i looked at each other, and were like "oh, how's one cheeto going to hurt her?". i made her swear never to tell dh-- he'd be so mad at me! he's the one who's really strict about what she eats around here. i let her have a few "bad" things every so often... i just can't say no to her!-- already. boy, am i in trouble or what?? :

today i caught her sucking on a garlic clove!! she had managed to get the skin off and was sucking on it with such enthusiasm. too funny. she smelled like garlic till lunch time. :LOL

whoa, this must be the most i posted in months!
#26 of 374 Old 08-04-2004, 01:11 AM

Quote:
today i caught her sucking on a garlic clove!! she had managed to get the skin off and was sucking on it with such enthusiasm. too funny. she smelled like garlic till lunch time.
:LOL She should eat my Deshi, yesterday I caught him peeling onions and eating them. He sort of liked them, but still made a horrible face each time. He went back 4 times though, so it could't have been too bad. Today he saw the fridge door open and dove in and snatched a pear. He just started taking big bites off it like an adult would. Ate most of it. My 3 yo still insists I peel and core his :LOL Such an eater my boy is. It is a welcome change as it is so hard to find things he can eat (allergies) and even harder to find things he WILL eat.

MamaP, I think you are awsome I like what you wrote. I understand what you mean about being socially awkward though, I am too

#27 of 374 Old 08-04-2004, 01:52 AM

anabean,
My DH used to live in Argentina too. I also wonder about starmama and others. I hope they feel free to post anytime. It is interesting what your brother said about allergies. Maya developed hers so young, 2 months that I don`t think it applies to her.

Favorite food, hum.. we *just* started solids last week. I have not been waiting 4 days between foods, even though she has allergies. It is just fun to give her new stuff to play with. Very little seems to go in her mouth. It is official, she does not like rice. We live in Japan, so this is a big deal. My J. DH is not such a rice fan, he prefers noodles, so I guess she takes after him. Blueberries have been a big hit. I think she likes that she can easily pick them up and play with them before eating. Much harder to do that with slippery bananas and peaches and avocado.

ShellyK,
I would suggest trying something like wheat free pancakes or muffins first. Pancakes are very easy, I make them every Saturday for breakfast. It has been too hot recently to try baking muffins again. My first efforts were not that great.

MamaP,
I love what you wrote, and I don`t think it was too much. I can well realate to the feeling of not wanting Maya to grow up to be a spoiled brat. I feel the lack of good role models IRL, so I am soooo happy to have wonderful role models like you on line.

Babe is napping but I am HUNGRY. Lactating momma has got to eat.
Warmly,
Kathryn and Maya 10/28
#28 of 374 Old 08-04-2004, 11:23 AM

Kath, do you have a good recipe for wheat-free pancakes? If so, I would love to give it a try. I have baked my own bread before, so I'm not too scared of kneading and working with yeast and stuff...and I am also really good at accepting it when my efforts yeild something trashcan-worthy. I need to find a yummy-sounding recipe though.
#29 of 374 Old 08-04-2004, 12:02 PM

MamaP --- I always LOVE your posts and would never be driven away by them! You have sooo much wisdom and experience, I look forward to them each time i log on!! Keep 'em coming!!

Ana -- too funny about the garlic clove!! At least the vampires won't be around for a while!!

I am totally guilty of feeding my kids those terrible things such as cheetos (on a rare occasion), goldfish is a staple in our food pantry, I buy American Cheese buy the pound at LEAST once a week, everyone has some ice cream every evening before bed here... AND Chloe's been drinking whole milk, eating yogart and having all types of dairy since about 9 1/2 months. I make sure my kids have 5 healthy meals a day, but healthy to me and healthy to others may be different. I mean a meat, fruit/veg, dairy, and starch for each meal. It was the way i was raised, and i've always been healthy as an ox!! Chloe still nurses, now round the clock again.

A typical day in the life of Chloe -- food wise-- would be...

6:30am - wake & nurse (but had been nursing on and off since like 2 or 4 am.)
8:30am - Breakfast - Oatmeal Baby cereal and a babyfood jar of Fruit & some cheerios
10:00 am - Snack - a babyfood cereal bar or yogart or piece of fruit and crackers & water or prune juice (1/2 water).
12:00 pm - Lunch - A jar of babyfood w/meat & veggies such as Chicken Noodle Dinner or chicken & apples, or turkey & sweet potatoes or something like that. & a cup of milk
2:30 pm - Snack - again a yogart, piece of fruit, crackers or whatever & water
5:00 pm - Dinner - Barley cereal and a jar of Veggies & a jar of meat.
7:00 pm - Our dinner - Whatever we are eating, she gets too... Meat, Veggies (we stay away from starches since we are trying to loose weight).
7:15 or so - Nurses and goes to bed around 8pm.
Nurses throughout the night.

This is all not enough for her she will still either nurse, or eat other things throughout the day... she would eat the entire day if it were up to her!!!

I don't cook, bake, or otherwise make food, but we do eat fresh veggies steamed and fresh top-quality meat every day, i'm like a food snob. I try to buy organic veggies, but not meat or milk. We eat a lot of eggs around here, and i buy the free-range, organic ones (you know like $3.99 a doz).. and we don't have DIME ONE!!! We spend a lot of money on food, but then again i'm in Fairfield County Connecticut, so everything costs more here than in most places.

Edited to say - My husband does all the cooking, i am capable of boiling water and adding pasta (organic), and can saute a few things or make alfred sauce or make spagetti sauce from scratch... i just don't do the daily cooking and can't bake unless it is a slice and bake, and i still wreck those!!!
#30 of 374 Old 08-04-2004, 12:55 PM

Hi dh is home!!!!!!!! I proabably won't be on much till next week! we leave for camping fri-tues!! wish us luck.....we have never been!! Josie didn't even cry at dh whicj I thought she might! she was just as excited as the rest of us!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page