equinox mamas & babes sept/oct 2003 Sept thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
1  2  3 4  5  ... Last
Life With a Baby > equinox mamas & babes sept/oct 2003 Sept thread
daekini's Avatar daekini 10:28 AM 09-03-2004
OOOooooo! I just found out that Abigail's grandma got her a perfect little miniature baby grand piano for her birthday!!!!! WOoopppeeee!!! :

(grandma is a retired symphony manager and passionate pianist, so this really isn't much of a surprise...)

guest9969's Avatar guest9969 12:38 PM 09-03-2004
Daekini - How cool!

I had never heard of pokkadots before - what cute clothes. I think you and I have very similar taste in clothes... they have some neat toys too.

G is getting a miniture John Deere tractor for his b-day from his grandparents. When you push the pedal it vibrates - I hope it doesn't scare him! My FIL farms so we have a bunch of John Deere stuff. They brought him a toy JD tractor that crawls when he was about 3 months old and he's STILL terrified of it. Such cute stuff though... maybe he'll like it when he's older.
polka123's Avatar polka123 01:28 PM 09-03-2004
Happy 1st birthday Dante!!! :

woohoo!
from your big guy 1 yr olg Mdc friend Colin
daekini's Avatar daekini 01:55 PM 09-03-2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by GriffinsMom
I had never heard of pokkadots before - what cute clothes. I think you and I have very similar taste in clothes... they have some neat toys too.
I think you might be right about that...!
I'm thinking of getting my hair cut like the model on those last few pages of the latest anthropologie catalog (do you have it?)... I've got crazy curls, hard to find a good hairstyle.

I love boutique baby clothes but my budget is teeny lately... too bad I don't have any will power with the credit cards! I love Tea, Catimini, Soup, Betsey Johnson... thank goodness for ebay!
cobluegirl's Avatar cobluegirl 02:27 PM 09-03-2004
Happy Birthday babies!!!!

The piano sounds so cool...I think I am envious...hehe...Tractors are cool too but daddy is a CAT fan.....When my eldest turned 1 he got all the CAT minatures...We don't know what dd(1) taste's are really...she likes whatever ds likes...hehe..It will be fun to see what J likes...She already has a temper like the other two....now if I can't find the time to fill out all those questions...hehe...
cobluegirl's Avatar cobluegirl 03:00 PM 09-03-2004
did you get af....or did I miss something????

s
FreeRangeMama's Avatar FreeRangeMama 03:05 PM 09-03-2004
mamapenelope

Hope you are feeling better soon

If you need anything just let me know
FreeRangeMama's Avatar FreeRangeMama 03:06 PM 09-03-2004
: Happy Birthday Dante :
Icequeen_in_ak's Avatar Icequeen_in_ak 03:06 PM 09-03-2004
MamaP- I'm sorry. She sucks!

Give me a call if you want to get together and let the kiddos play. It looks like it's going to be a gorgeous, but chilly day.
plum's Avatar plum 03:09 PM 09-03-2004
Name -1st ok jamie
What screen name means- it's a luscious fruit, a luscious color, and i am a luscious girl! :LOL
Age- 22
What state- ND
Your hair/eye color- black/dark dark brown
DH,DP,SO 1st name- andy
Kids & ages- scout, almost 1
Most recent birthing experience- long long hospital birth with a CNM
Reason you picked kid(s) name(s)- she looked like a scout and i love the book. we didn't know if she was a boy or a girl and i'm not the kind of person to get deadset on a name. i have to see it first.
Who does you babe look like- me with andy's chin
Color of hair/eyes- black/dark dark brown
Baby walking or crawling- crawling
Baby's personality thus far- easygoing, mellow, but determined
Baby's likes/dislikes- likes: cats, being naked, water, pens, nursing. does not like: squishy food, dogs, shirts with tight necks
More kids?- next april or may, baby!
Pets (kind & name)- frank, siamese cat. layla and pilot, average black cats. george, himalayan.
Fav foods/dessert- spring rolls. i love vietnamese and thai food. we're all three vegetarians.
If you won a paid vacation anywhere, where would you go- tolo, greece
Last movie seen (theater or dvd/vhs)- bringing out the dead
Fav movies- fight club, in america, the big lebowski, lord of the rings
Reading a book? the motorcycle diaries by che guevara
Last book read? stranger than fiction by chuck palahniuk
Fav stores- for scout: http://www.oliebollen.com/ http://www.hannaandersson.com/ http://fuzbaby.com/diapering.htm me: http://www.americanapparel.net/ and i've been looking at gap maternity a lot.
Fav colors- light blue, lavender, black
Fav holidays- christmas
Fav passion- photography and knitting
Fav soapbox cause- worker's rights, anti-slaugherhouses, breastfeeding
When on mdc the most- nighttime
FreeRangeMama's Avatar FreeRangeMama 03:27 PM 09-03-2004
Name - Laurie

What screen name means - Mama to a couple of free roaming, uncaged, and wild boys

Age- Will be 28 on Monday

What state- Uh, province thankyouverymuch :LOL Alberta

Your hair/eye color- brown/greenish

DH - Jon

Kids & ages- Akira Sprout 3 years, Deshi Eiji 1 on Wednesday! New one on the way in late April/early May, or whenever he/she decides to appear

Birthing experience- Unassisted Homebirth birth story

Reason you picked kid(s) name(s)- Dh just loved the name Akira when we stumbled accross it. It was supposed to be a great name for an Aries baby. We thought it suited him well. It means "intelligent" which is funny because it turns out he is "gifted". His middle name (Sprout) came from the nickname we had for him when I was pregnant. I was having lots of problems early on (at about 6 weeks) and on the early ultrasound dh thought he looked like a bean sprout. We started refering to him as "The Sprout". We figured we would keep it as a middle name. Deshi means "virtuous". We couldn't decide on a name for over a day after he was born. While reading and reading all our baby name books we said "Deshi" (pronounced de-UH-shi) and Akira just kept saying it over and over. We really liked the way it sounded and it just *fit* him so well that we knew we had his name. Eiji means "second born son" which reflects how thrilled dh was to have 2 boys (he really wanted to have 2 brothers close in age).

Who does your babe look like- neither boy looks like either of us really, but at least they look alike :LOL

Color of her hair/eyes- blonde/blue

Baby walking or crawling- walking and running

Baby's personality thus far- life of the party

Baby's likes/dislikes- LOVES dirt, water, and of course mud, food, music, outside, walking and exploring everywhere we go, and Mama. Dislikes sitting in one place for too long, not getting exactly what he wants when he wants it, and having to be carried or put in his carseat

More kids - um, ya! In April or May Maybe more after that or maybe not. We'll figure that out later.

Pets (kind & name)- 4 Cats, Mojo, Ruby, Sugar, and Karma

Fav foods/dessert- At this point they are more cravings than favorites. Right now it is anything with refried beans, cheese, sour cream, and guacamole (as long as its SPICY), maybe ice cream or chocolate for desert. I am also hooked on chocolate soy milk

If you won a paid vacation anywhere, where would you go- Roadtrip baby here we come!

Last movie seen - I haven't been to a theater in years, last week I saw Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood (HATED it!!) and Hero (LOVED it)

Fav movies - Hard Boiled, I love Hong Kong cop movies

Reading a book? I am in the middle of 5 or 6 books at the moment. I never finish any of them :LOL Most recently I was reading a book of recipes for natural cleaners and hygene products for a presentation I did. I don't have time for fiction these days

Fav stores - the grocery store :LOL That is about the only place I shop most of the time.

Fav colors - no preference

Fav holidays - I love everyday

Fav passion - My boys, my dh

Fav soapbox cause - at the moment, the dangers of household cleaners and personal care products, plus my other favorites are wholesome eating, natural health, allergy awareness, the joys of cosleeping, breastfeeding, unassisted birth, you get the idea

When on mdc the most- when dh is on night shift or on the rare occasion both boys are occupied for 5 minutes or so

edited because I can't remember my own age
CTMOMOF2's Avatar CTMOMOF2 03:52 PM 09-03-2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeRangeMama
Fav soapbox cause - at the moment, the dangers of household cleaners and personal care products, plus my other favorites are wholesome eating, natural health, allergy awareness,
I'm interested in learning more about this whole topic... please let me know if you find some interesting threads on mdc where you may be discussing this. I have many allergies and i find that i can't even clean my house anymore, especially the bathroom without feeling awful and tasting the fuems all day... I just bought some stuff by biokleen for cleaning the tub, but haven't tried it yet.
Viola's Avatar Viola 04:11 PM 09-03-2004
So I woke up this morning with a happy little goofball just like every morning. So I'm thinking there's gotta be a way to share my precious babe with those who are lacking precious babeness in their lives. Maybe I should hire out cute baby services. You know, someone could pay us to come and be cheered up by happy, babbling babies. Or I could be altruistic and do it for free! That actually got me thinking that maybe I should find a way to visit the elderly. Usually those who appreciate my baby the most are elderly women. Not long after Jessie was born, I was approached by an older lady who asked if she could see Jessie who was sleeping in the sling. So I angled Jessie around so the lady could see her. Then we had a nice chat. I love sharing the joy of my baby with others.

I was in church earlier this year and was feeling really uptight and upset by Jessie making noise, and I had several older women tell me how good it is to see young children in church. This is a church where most of the people seem to be older. So I asked 5 year old dd if she wanted to go to church this Sunday--we haven't been in ages. I've been going 'round and 'round on joining this church. If I were going to join any church, it would be this one, but I want to be sure I can commit to what becoming a member entails, so I haven't joined.
Glittergal's Avatar Glittergal 04:25 PM 09-03-2004
I love reading about everyone!

Name - Jessica
What screen name means - Well, prebaby my signature part of my wardrobe were glitzy antique costume chokers...and I mean the sparklier the better!
Age- ALMOST 27
What state- Currently Maryland, but I am a proud Minnesotan to the bone!
Your hair/eye color- curly Brown/green
DH - JAke
Kids & ages- Sophia Rose, almost 11 months
Birthing experience- Don't have it posted anywhere because I STILL haven't written it but here is the skinny: A planned homebirth that ended up being a precipitous homebirth. The midwives arrived as Sophia was crowning and I was delighted to have such a wonderful experience. THe entire pregnancy, I dreamed I would have a super fast unattended birth on the toilet...maybe next time?
Reason you picked kid(s) name(s)- Sophia has always been my favorite name, waaaay before it became popular. A few months before we found out we were pregnant (which was a big shock), I dreamed I had just given birth to my daughter Sophia. It was very vivid and real, and even though we were planning on waiting a few more years, I felt like she was coming. Sure enough, she picked me and I knew it was my Sophia!
Who does your babe look like- Earlier she was my clone as a baby. Now she looks more and more like DH. We're hoping she gets my curls.
Color of her hair/eyes- Brown/blue-green
Baby walking or crawling- crawling and standing forever but no steps yet!.
Baby's personality thus far- very willful around us, super super noisy! But morphs in to shy quiet little girl around other kids. too weird.
Baby's likes/dislikes- LOVES cats, water, Shakira, yogurt, and momma. Dislikes blankets, being snuggled and clothes!
More kids - For sure, I'm hoping 2 more, DH just wants one more. I'd like to start trying now but have too many school loans and need to work a bit.
Fav foods/dessert- LOVE LOVE LOVE spicey indian food and chocolate. All fruits and veggies. For the most part, I am super nutritious but have a major weakness for sweets
If you won a paid vacation anywhere, where would you go- Mmhhh, probably Germany. I've been there several times and love it.
Last movie seen (dvd) - Kill Bill 1 and 2
Fav movies - okay, very hokey but the Thomas Crown Affair. I just LOVE pierce brosnan.
Reading a book? Yes, lots. Knitting books, Breastfeeding and natural childspacing, vaccine and gentle discipline books.
Last book read? I've always got something on but the last fiction book was life of Pi
Fav stores - In general, TARGET!!! It gives me a MN-fix. For me, Ann Taylor and Ann Taylor Loft and JJill. For Sophia, I avoid new stores and rely on gifts and hand me downs and target sales...I could get soooo into cute girl clothes.
Fav colors - purples, pinks, blues, grey
Fav holidays - I really don't like them. They stress me out. So I love Halloween because I love candy.
Fav passion - Sophia, nursing, midwifery, reading, knitting, exercise
Fav soapbox cause - breastfeeding, natural birth, midwifery care
When on mdc the most- early am when dd is playing and i'm having coffee or after she goes to bed, at night.
Viola's Avatar Viola 04:30 PM 09-03-2004
Name -1st ok Amy
What screen name means- A combination of my first and last name
Age-37
What state- euphoria, right now. Maybe I'm bipolar. Check my location for my geographical state!
Your hair/eye color- dark brown
DH,DP,SO 1st name-John
Kids & ages- Molly 5, Jessie 11 months almost
Most recent birthing experience-homebirth, very positive experience. I'm the give me an epidural now type, so homebirth was the only way I could have a truly natural experience.
Reason you picked kid(s) name(s)- They're cute, inoffensive, easy to pronounce, and they've been around for awhile so even if they're common, they aren't faddish. My husband kept picking unusual names, but when push came to shove he wanted common names. These were the only ones we could agree on. I've always liked the name Molly and thought I might name a baby that. I had a cat with that name when I was younger. Jessie just came out of nowhere, but we found out after choosing it that dh's great grandmother had that name with the same spelling, so it seems perfect. I was worried about naming her Jessie because it is usually a diminunitive of Jessica, but I'm finding there are plenty of people just named Jessie with the same spelling. We were going to use Jesse, but I decided that it was the masculine spelling and her middle name is ambiguous too, so maybe the -ie would make it clear she was a girl. But most people leave out the i and spell it Jesse anyway.
Who does you babe look like- I think she looks like me, but others think she looks like my husband. She has the hair and eye color closer to my husband, but the shape of her head is a lot like mine. I can see my expressions in her.
Color of hair/eyes-golden brown hair, the eyes are odd--hazel maybe? Kind of yellow near the pupil and greenish gray around the edges
Baby walking or crawling- crawling and cruising
Baby's personality thus far-adventurous, happy, seems very smart at times
Baby's likes/dislikes-love avocado and making messes, and loves other children. She crawls over to them and tries to get engaged in their play. She dislikes the dark and animals on the floor near her.
More kids?-no
Pets (kind & name)-gerbils and goldfish
Fav foods/dessert-pizza, I guess. carob malt balls since I just discovered these at the local grocery store.
If you won a paid vacation anywhere, where would you go-Baltic sea cruise, or to England. We took an Alaskan cruise for our honeymoon and enjoyed that.
Last movie seen (theater or dvd/vhs)-Johnny English
Fav movies The ones I love I don't want to see again, so it's hard to say. Sound of Music, Westside Story, Shadowlands, Shindler's List.
Reading a book? Yep, a lot of them. E.L. Doctorow right now, since I've been listening to the musical Ragtime. I need to get offline so I can read the books before they are due back at the library.
Last book read? Number 10 by Sue Townsend
Fav stores Wild Oats, Trader Joe's, bookstores
Fav colors hot pink, turquoise
Fav holidays Halloween, Thanksgiving
Fav passion breastfeeding advocacy. And taking walks in the beautiful crisp weather we are having.
Fav soapbox cause fair trade goods
When on mdc the most- late night or while Jessie is napping which is right now.
plum's Avatar plum 05:03 PM 09-03-2004
i think jessie is a very cute name . one of my sisters is named jessica but i usually call her jessie. i had a grandma named jessa. i thought that was kinda cool.

who wouldn't love to see a cute, happy baby? well, sometimes we get the evil eye if she's noisy in church . last time, she stretched across my lap to the pew in front of us and pinched the man sitting there. i was so embarrassed. he was a real jerk to begin with, too.
cobluegirl's Avatar cobluegirl 05:34 PM 09-03-2004
Tracey have your tried just cleaning with baking soda and vinegar??
cobluegirl's Avatar cobluegirl 05:51 PM 09-03-2004
Ok am going to try and get this done..hehe...

name -Rachael
what screen name means? Co-for Colofado, blue- for bluesky, girl---well you can figure that out.
age- 27
what state- Oregon
DH- Patrick
kids & ages Tristan 5, Lorna 3, Josephine 1
most recent birthing experience- hosp birth natural
reason you picked kid(s) name(s) We tried to pick names that were not popular...T's backfired..lol Josephine was after dh, whose middle name is Joseph
Who does you babe look like-she looks like me..I guess
Baby walking or crawling- mostly crawling but almost walking
Baby's personality thus far-she is sweet but does have a temper
Baby's likes/dislikes-she loves her brother, mommy, & Bathtime
more kids? We don't know
pets (kind & name) none
fav foods/dessert cheesecake, mexican, chinese, chocolate, coffee
if you won a paid vacation anywhere, where would you go- not sure...Europe would be nice, but dh doesn't like it...would want to go somewhere with him
last movie seen (theater or dvd/vhs) hmm...@home "Persuasion"(sp), Theater- 13-going on 30
fav movies- oh I like the old classics, sound of music, anne of green gables series, sense & sensabity..Lord of the Rings Trilology
reading a book? too many to list, Sears-discipline book, dan brown code breaker one, heartfelt discipline, clay clarkson,
last book read? When Anger Hurts your Children, & Glorious Appearing, Second Touch
Fav stores - wild oats, bob's redmill...plus tons of others...sigh
fav colors - Red, blue, green..I don't know
fav holiday - Christmas, minus the gift issue
Fav passion: breastfeeding, vaccinations, health medicine, homeopathy, natural births
Fav soapbox cause hmmmm do I have to pick one....not being stupid and actually thinking before making a decision.
when on mdc the most during coffee in the morning then on and off all day.
KarmaChameleon's Avatar KarmaChameleon 07:23 PM 09-03-2004
Yikes -- I have been out of the loop for so long, no computer time, moved to Massachusetts, hard drive crashed, blah blah blah. I am just starting to get back into a groove after a couple months hiatus.

So glad to see the big news for FRM and PLum YAY!!!!

I also figured out how to post pix so I will get a birthday pic up after Sage's 1st party on SUnday :cry :cry :cry

To answer a few questions:

Name -1st ok Amanda
What screen name means- yikes, I have no answer for that
Age-28
What state- Mass (RI til a month ago)
Your hair/eye color- brown/blue
DH,DP,SO 1st name-Jeff
Kids & ages- Ruby, 3.5 and Sage, 1
Most recent birthing experience-birth center waterbirths both times
Reason you picked kid(s) name(s)- Both of my kids named themselves in dreams before they were conceived.
Who does you babe look like- Ruby looks just like dh, Sage looks more like me
Baby walking or crawling- she started walking this week! Ack!
Baby's personality thus far-mellow, sweet, cuddly, kind
Baby's likes/dislikes-loves mama, daddy and sister, dislikes strangers.
More kids?-I DON"T KNOW!!!!! Sensitive topic
Pets (kind & name)-Fargus and Jackie, fat cats -- and Pinky the cockatiel
Fav foods/dessert-anything sweet.
If you won a paid vacation anywhere, where would you go-To visit my friend in Texas I met online and have never met...we talk several times a day on the phone and have for 3 years
Last movie seen (theater or dvd/vhs)-Seeing Other People
Reading a book? Yes, "Naked"
Last book read? Wicked
Fav stores Linens n THings, Natural Food Stores
Fav colors red red red
Fav holidays: Halloween!
Fav passion: the cnaging of the seasons and full moons
Fav soapbox cause Breastfeeding and CoSleeping
When on mdc the most- morning during coffee time

I will post pix Sunday night!
Viola's Avatar Viola 07:48 PM 09-03-2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by plum
i think jessie is a very cute name . one of my sisters is named jessica but i usually call her jessie. i had a grandma named jessa. i thought that was kinda cool.

who wouldn't love to see a cute, happy baby? well, sometimes we get the evil eye if she's noisy in church . last time, she stretched across my lap to the pew in front of us and pinched the man sitting there. i was so embarrassed. he was a real jerk to begin with, too.
Thanks, Plum!

Yeah, there are always those people who don't like children and seem to resent their presence in the world at large, but maybe those who like children could volunteer for a baby visiting program. There was a crabby man who acted affronted when he had to sit next to us on an airplane. Gee, what's easier to take--my baby's crying during the landing, or your obvious anger and rudeness?
Icequeen_in_ak's Avatar Icequeen_in_ak 07:56 PM 09-03-2004
another wedding e-bayer here I found my dress in a bridal magazine.. had to have it, but couldn't see myself spending almost 4k on a dress... found it on ebay!!! and get this, for 128.00!!! Love those no reserve auctions I also love it for finding Emma's Baby Lulu and Chicken noodle. Can't afford to pay retail!
guest9969's Avatar guest9969 08:12 PM 09-03-2004
I find it interesting how many people say they dreamed about their babies. I did not dream about Griffin. However, I did have a strange dream with one of my miscarriages.

I did not know I was pregnant. In fact, I think I may have dreamed it the night we conceived. I woke up and looked over at dh sometime in the early am. Suddenly, a second version of dh rose up out of his body, looked at me, smiled and said, "You're pregnant". The spirit then got sucked back into dh's body. It was not a pleasant experience. You would think I"d be terribly excited but it was terrifing. I woke up having an anxiety attack. I kind of think it was my body's way of telling me I was pregnant but something wasn't quite right about it. I miscarried about 10 weeks later. Not the best experience but I certainly did learn to listen to my body more.
*Jessica*'s Avatar *Jessica* 08:14 PM 09-03-2004
Happy 1st birthday Dante!!!

Happy 1st birthday (on Sunday) to Sage!!!

FreeRangeMama “edited because I can't remember my own age” You sound like me!

Daekini What an awesome gift!

MamaP Uggh! That sucks! Hope you start feeling better and the evil one disappears soon!

Amywillo “Mom to a 5 year old girl whose voice can break glass” You should hear Nik shriek! Your daughter has some talented competition! Do your ears ring a lot?! Mine do.

Plum “last time, she stretched across my lap to the pew in front of us and pinched the man sitting there. i was so embarrassed. he was a real jerk to begin with, too.” He got what he deserved then ,huh?! She must just know what a jerk you think he is and was helping mommy out a little.

KarmaChameleon “Both of my kids named themselves in dreams before they were conceived.” That is so precious. I love it!

And congrats to all of the newly pregnant mommas!
*Jessica*'s Avatar *Jessica* 08:30 PM 09-03-2004
Is anyone getting their baby a special gift (something that he/she will keep forever) for the first birthday? We want to get something for Nik, but I can't come up with any good ideas.
KarmaChameleon's Avatar KarmaChameleon 09:05 PM 09-03-2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica & Nikolai
Is anyone getting their baby a special gift (something that he/she will keep forever) for the first birthday? We want to get something for Nik, but I can't come up with any good ideas.

I've been thnking about writing out Sage's birth story in a pretty photo album and adding some of her birth pix...then we can read it every year on her birthday. I never did anything clever for my oldest, wish I had (but she gets the benefit of having 3 photo albums full of everything she's ever done and Sage has like 12 pictures
beatgirl's Avatar beatgirl 09:28 PM 09-03-2004
Happy Birthday babes!!!!

I cant believe how fast this year went by but at the same time it seems as if miss Scarlet has been in our lives forever....

I was just watching her sleep and thinking about how much she has changed over the last year...its incredible.

I am convinced that when we die..if there are angels...they look just like our children did when they were babies

For my childrens first birthdays...I wrote their birth stories in their baby journals....every now and then I read back and relive them.

Last year for Christmas I made each child a scroll with a picture of me holding them as infants and I wrote a personal poem to each...My older two have them on their walls and Scarlets is in her baby archives box so she can read it when she is older.
polka123's Avatar polka123 09:28 PM 09-03-2004
I am an EBAY freak - love it for about 4-5 yrs.

Colin found his nose with his finger - such a great look :

I have 1 fussy baby - ugh - every time he teeths, he tugs his ears & rubs his nose. VERY CLINGY . he'll hardly nurse. boy,I'm beat

there's a really great Folk Fest here this weekend - for a really small city - it gets alot of press.
It made on CNN news a few times
here's the FOOD and Entertainment
We usually eat ourselves sick

ah jeez - there was a hi-speed chase along the PA Turnpike (DH's Office ) & it was on local TV & the Troopers are after a murder suspect wanted in another state.
SO I'm wondering if DH is 1 of the many Troopers following ??
I call him on the cell & he's bummed that he was too far away to join the pursuit - silly guy
they caught the people using stop strips but the bad guys have guns !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm thinking, 2.5 yrs from retirement ...................
days like this, I wish he did something else.

I LOVE reading about everyone.
we all have more in common than we expected

Quote:
I am convinced that when we die..if there are angels...they look just like our children did when they were babies by beatgirl
that is the sweetest thing - it brought a tear

Quote:
Though I know I’ll never lose affection
For people and things that went before,
I know I’ll often stop and think about them
In my life I love you more.
The Beatles
cobluegirl's Avatar cobluegirl 09:42 PM 09-03-2004
hmmm I think I had the wrong list of "get to know you" questions...hehe..I will have to go back and edit...

I like ebay too...although I liked it better a fews back..it seems to have gotten worse the bigger it gets....still a good place to get things though...hehe..I have spent way too much money.....(not lately though)...lol

Josie got another tooth. That makes 5. She is starting to walk and wave now too. Very cute!
daekini's Avatar daekini 09:45 PM 09-03-2004
griffinsmom, wow, that's some dream. I'm sorry about the experience you had..

as for the vera wang dress, it is perfect! I'm so jealous. I wasn't into the ebay thing when I got married, and I won't tell anyone what I paid for my dress! And it wasn't even close to a vera wang.

Love the 2nd hand couture. Of course, 1st hand would be nice, too... but my public servant husband and my SAHM/part-time college instructor status won't permit it!
FreeRangeMama's Avatar FreeRangeMama 09:46 PM 09-03-2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMOMOF2
I'm interested in learning more about this whole topic... please let me know if you find some interesting threads on mdc where you may be discussing this. I have many allergies and i find that i can't even clean my house anymore, especially the bathroom without feeling awful and tasting the fuems all day... I just bought some stuff by biokleen for cleaning the tub, but haven't tried it yet.
http://pages.ivillage.com/cleaningfa...enRecipes.html

http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/fcs/ho.../fcs3682r.html

Here are some good places to start for easy recipes to make your own cleaners. Most of what I use contains a few ingredients. All you need to make everything is baking soda, vinegar, washing soda, lemon juice, and borax. Truthfully though, you could probably get by with just baking soda and vinegar.

You can check out some of the "No-Poo" threads in Natural Home and Body (or whatever its called :LOL) for alternatives to shampoo and such. Or of course I could fill you in on all the details. I just put together a presentation
1  2  3 4  5  ... Last

Up