equinox mamas & babes sept/oct 2003 Sept thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 349 Old 09-04-2004, 11:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobluegirl
As far as the shaking thing goes..do you think that maybe his limbs fall asleep and he shakes them to wake them up? does he do this all the time or just occassionally??
No, I don't think he shakes them to wake them up. It is more like a tremor he can't control until he's been awake a bit. It maybe last 15 - 20 seconds. He doesn't do it all the time but maybe once a day. Usually when he wakes up from his nap he does it. I'm not sure at night... I think it could be his brain switching from asleep mode to awake mode. Like his brain is saying, "ok, now you have to run these on your own..." It does freak me out though.
#122 of 349 Old 09-05-2004, 12:04 AM
Banned

scout's starting to rock sometimes. it looks kinda weird but she stops soon enough.

i'm trying to push solids a bit more but she's still not into it.

there's tons more i should respond to, but i apologize: i'm tired . happy birthday dante! that dinosaur suit is too cute! we want to take her to a halloween party next month and i'm going to sew her a ladybug costume.
#123 of 349 Old 09-05-2004, 12:50 AM

Karen, I have had those thoughts too mama! And "urgh when can I get these kids out of my bed!" Then I feel bad : (I've been co-sleeping with one kid or another (sometimes 2) for 6 years I'm a bit tired!)

s you are not a bad mom, you are an awesome mom!! s
#124 of 349 Old 09-05-2004, 01:36 AM

Thanks ladies... and MamaP... I'm literally bawling after reading yours. you are the most awesome friend! I just went to Ivory Jacks for dinner and thought about running away to your house for a while :LOL

: Karen, wife to my : Mad Scientist and mama to :Emma (10-21-03).
I spend my days : : and seeing how many smilies I can fit in my siggy.
#125 of 349 Old 09-05-2004, 02:19 AM - Thread Starter

snow already???? wow......
#126 of 349 Old 09-05-2004, 12:32 PM

This city has a huge Folk Fest (not bad for a little city).

This city boasts many nationalities & celebrates the cultures.
Heck this even made CNN news a few times.
Well we all went last night/ afternoon & ate tons of
FOOD
& listened to great
MUSIC
Well, Colin loves ZYDECO MUSIC . I was holdong him up while dancing & he was clapping & screaming & laughing. He had everyone around him cracking up.

I got him some sweet potato pie & pierogies - yum !

Anyway, it was a great time & like I said, this is a really small city & they do a great job with this - Read the links!

Colin has been going thru a very clingy, whiney stage.
I'ts very hard right now. I called DH up @ work @ the end of shift crying. "Get home now- he won't stop crying - I can't even put him down a second"
It's really tough. I need a break.
I don't remember DD being quite this bad
I do agree that that they are processing alot of NEW info now.

My Polish Grammy used to say ,"If you fed & diapered them, held them & they still cry alot (& not sick), the babes are about to learn something new." mentally or physically
Old wives tale but it's really true

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
#127 of 349 Old 09-05-2004, 12:38 PM

I hear you with wanting a break...i actually went to a party last night!

I NEVER go anywhere so this was kind of a big deal.

It was pretty cool..It was a Naked Lady Party. All women and everyone brings all their old clothes, shoes, etc and we all swap! I came home with a lot of cute new stuff!

I had been planning on this party since about three weeks ago. i was going to be leaving after baby's normal(as if) bedtime so she would just sleep the whole time I was gone......yeah...right.... She 'knew' I was leaving..she would not lay down and instead of nursing she was biting my nipple as hard as she could! Finally after struggling for about an hour I got her down....Dp saying "you'll NEVER get her to sleep" wasn't very encouraging...but lo and behold...who got her to sleep?
Me...thats right.
Thats what I said

I was only gone for three hours or so...I was a little worried but I had a glass of wine and was able to relax for a few....it made a big difference.

When I returned home, she was sleeping quietly in the crib and dp was in the bed snoring.....I looked in the crib and she must have sensed me because she opened her eyes instantly and reached for me without making a sound So sweet!

I scooped her up and put her bed with us and she woke up this morning with a new tooth!

Dp is at the market getting breakfast stuff...I think he feels guilty for doubting me.....

He better
#128 of 349 Old 09-05-2004, 03:44 PM

I lurk more then I post. John is going to be one September 28th. He has 3 teeth coming in at the same time.

Here goes the ?'s

Name -1st ok- Karilee

What screen name means- It is what my STBX used to call me

Age- 23

What state- New Jersey

Your hair/eye color- Brown/brown

DH,DP,SO 1st name- STBX- William

Kids & ages- Rose -5 Krissy and Kourtney -3 Savanna-2 John
almost 1

Reason you picked kid(s) name(s)- STBX named Rose. Krissy and Kourtney were childhood friends. Savanna was a joke that stuck. John is named after my FIL.

Who does you babe look like- They all look alot like both of us

Baby walking or crawling- John is crawling and standing on his own. I think he will be walking soon

Baby's personality thus far- He is pretty easy going. He has his days where it is his way or no way.

Baby's likes/dislikes- He loves to play with his sisters. Also loves to eat anything.

More kids?-Nope I am done.

Pets (kind & name)- Kitten named Spaz

Fav foods/dessert- Pizza and apple crisp

If you won a paid vacation anywhere, where would you go-Any place I could take my kids that does not have alot of people

Last movie seen (theater or dvd/vhs)- Swimfan

Reading a book? Not at this time

Last book read? I can't remember.

Fav stores- Just about anything Love and suspence

Fav colors- Teal and purple

Fav holidays-Halloween

Fav passion- Anything that has to do with children

When on mdc the most- I lurk more then anything. Mostly in the morning.
#129 of 349 Old 09-05-2004, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GriffinsMom
No, I don't think he shakes them to wake them up. It is more like a tremor he can't control until he's been awake a bit. It maybe last 15 - 20 seconds. He doesn't do it all the time but maybe once a day. Usually when he wakes up from his nap he does it. I'm not sure at night... I think it could be his brain switching from asleep mode to awake mode. Like his brain is saying, "ok, now you have to run these on your own..." It does freak me out though.
Chloe does this exact thing all the time. Well, not everytime she wakes, but most of the time. I think it is because when she wakes up she instantly stands up, barely has her eyes open and springs to her feet. I don't think the blood is going through the limbs fast enough for that... Even before she could stand up, when she would simply get on her hands and knees, she would tremble a bit. But like you said, it is only for a few seconds. I personally don't think anything of it at all, other than just part of the waking process for her body.
#130 of 349 Old 09-05-2004, 10:49 PM

You know, Dante used to do a trembling thing too. I never figured out why, but it used to happen when he was asleep and nursing, from about 3 months till 6 months, then it just went away. We asked a couple of pediatricians, and they said they'd never heard of anything like that. I totally understand you're being freaked out. We kept track of it on a calendar, to see if they were getting more frequent or lasting longer... But they just petered off. I wonder if Griffin's doing something similar - is it getting more frequent?

Icequeen - hugs and positive thoughts to you, mama! We've all been in your shoes, and we're here to listen to the venting.

Heidi
#131 of 349 Old 09-05-2004, 11:21 PM

Actually, he didn't do it today. It makes me feel so much better that some of the other babies do it to. I'm a little paranoid b/c when Griffin was born he developed low muscle tone, refused to nurse, and became dehydrated after we got home from the hospital. We had to take him back to the hospital when he was 5 days old and he basically sat in a coma for about 4 days. He did have jaundice but not so severe as to cause the kind of problems we had. They tested him for every neurological disease they could think of but never found anything. Once we got him rehydrated, he was fine, he nursed well and the muscle tone returned and he hasn't had problems since. Our ped. said in 20 years she has never had this happen. I guess a part of me is a little afraid that something is lurking in there that they didn't find... we just didn't get a good start so I'm probably just over-reacting. I may start tracking it like Heidi suggested so I can mention it to my ped if it seems to get worse.
#132 of 349 Old 09-06-2004, 12:13 AM

Jen, I don't blame you for being concerned. I'm glad to hear other moms with similar stories, too...I'm sure he'll be okay!

Well, I'm sitting here in tears after having just finished putting together a couple more pages of pictures of Julie. I am such a sap! Every time I look at pictures I get all weepy over how much I love my little girl and how quickly she is growing up. This is awful to admit, but I was abused as a kid, and no longer speak to my parents or sister because they are still abusive and in denial. Every time I stop to think about how much I love my daughter, I can't help thinking thinks like how wrong they were about me being worthless and how wonderful a loving family really is. They tried to convince me that it didn't exist and they were SO WRONG! Part of me hopes that they are looking at my web page and feeling awful for being left out of our lives because I have what they never will. But I know that they are probably still sitting around either denying that I exist or thinking that I am the worst person on the planet, and at this point, I don't care. I'm just glad that they can't hurt me and my REAL family now.

So, do you wanna see the happy pictures? www.shellykang.com/julie/index.htm and the last two links are the new ones.
#133 of 349 Old 09-06-2004, 12:33 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Awww, Shelly! Those are wonderful photos!
#134 of 349 Old 09-06-2004, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamapenelope
Amy, they're so beautiful! I loved the door behind jesse. (I have a thing for doors, lol).
Thanks!
#135 of 349 Old 09-06-2004, 12:37 AM

Shelly, I love the pictures! You all look so happy and sweet! Her "gonna getchya" photo looks different than the others - must be the lighting, I guess. I really like her happy one with the beads, in her diaper. We hold Dante upside down too! I thought my husband was crazy for doing that, but I guess babies like it!
#136 of 349 Old 09-06-2004, 12:41 AM

Dante is such a cute little boy! And he knows the Tick's battle cry, how cool!
#137 of 349 Old 09-06-2004, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amywillo
Dante is such a cute little boy! And he knows the Tick's battle cry, how cool!
*laugh* I forgot that "Spoooon!" was the Tick's battle cry until you mentionned it - I had to go google it. *grin* I couldn't figure out which pictures you were looking at, b/c I thought you were referring to the birthday photos, instead of the one in my sig (which aren't the latest photos anymore...).

Can you all tell I'm not studying, and I don't have work tomorrow? I keep looking to your messages, and looking at everyone's baby pics.

Heidi
#138 of 349 Old 09-06-2004, 01:07 AM

Heidi, I think it is the angle on that picture. She looks a lot like me in that one, I think. As for the diaper one, I think Joe took that one when he was watching her. Probably he had to change her clothes and she wouldn't let him get her dressed after he got the dirty ones off...I'm just guessing.
#139 of 349 Old 09-06-2004, 01:15 AM

Yeah, she looks less like Joe in that one. And she looks so happy in that first diaper one - I guess babies love to be naked! No inhibition, gotta love it.

You know what else I LOVE? The way you can see our babies' cheekbones, in certain lighting situations, despite their huge cheeks - I can see Julie's in her "Julie Monster" pic, especially. Isn't it great to see their cheekbones? *hee hee hee*

Ok, back to the books.

Heidi
#140 of 349 Old 09-06-2004, 12:45 PM

got this from a friend today.

A Friend....
(A)ccepts you as you are
(B)elieves in "you"
(C)alls you just to say "HI"
(D)oesn't give up ! ! on you
(E)nvisions the whole of you (even the unfinished parts)
(F)orgives your mistakes
(G)ives unconditionally
(H)elps you
(I)nvites you over
(J)ust "be" with you
(K)eeps you close at heart
(L)oves you for who you are
(M)akes a difference in your life
(N)ever Judges
(O)ffer support
(P)icks you up
(Q)uiets your fears
(R)aises your spirits
(S)ays nice things about you
(T)ells you the truth when you need to hear it
(U)nderstands you
(V)alues you
(W)alks beside you
(X)-plains thing you don't understand
(Y)ells when you won't listen and
(Z)aps you back to reality

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
#141 of 349 Old 09-06-2004, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

mamap how do you keep potatoes witout them going bad??? that sounds like loads of fun!!! I haven't seen a moose in years....

sorry you are so scared of the chiro. It isn't fun being scared of something like that. I have complete confidence in homoepathy when done correctly but do realize that it isn't for everyone. I studied it a little before #2 was born and found it completely fascinating.
#142 of 349 Old 09-06-2004, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter

love it polka!!!
#143 of 349 Old 09-06-2004, 01:08 PM

I love seeing all the pics of everyone's kids .

I will get my lazy butt to try and get some up soon so you can all see my princess. She has started getting modest when I take diaper butt pics, she covered her butt with her arm yesterday and rolled over so I couldn't take the pic :LOL.
#144 of 349 Old 09-06-2004, 01:22 PM

I love the friendship list, polka!
#145 of 349 Old 09-06-2004, 04:34 PM

I haven;t had time to read through this thread but I wanted to get pix up from Sage's birthday party yesterdaym which was so much fun and a little bittersweet *sniff*

they are here, if all goes well (this is the first time I have ever posted pix here):

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=Eeism7VozcK

please someone tell me if this works!

happy birthdays to all the Sept. babies!
#146 of 349 Old 09-06-2004, 04:37 PM

Karma, the link worked just fine for me. Pretty Mama and pretty Sage! I totally understand what you mean by bittersweet! Thanks for sharing the pics!
#147 of 349 Old 09-06-2004, 05:41 PM

Awww, I love the pics of Sage! She's hugging another baby! Awwww... *hee hee* Thanks for posting the pics!

Heidi
#148 of 349 Old 09-06-2004, 05:52 PM
Banned

karma, your pictures are great . sage is too cute!
#149 of 349 Old 09-06-2004, 10:41 PM - Thread Starter

Very cute Karma!!
#150 of 349 Old 09-06-2004, 11:00 PM

MamaP it sounds like great day!!

Karma, cute pics

Its my birthday today! I am now officially 28 My wonderful day began with a 3am cry of "Mama I need to throw up" from my ds1. He was so sick all day, and only got worse as the day went on. We had plans to spend the day at Waterton National Park (its so beautiful, mountains all around, amazing lakes and mountain streams, great little townsite), but obviously that didn't happen. Hopefully we can do it next week instead. I hope Deshi doesn't catch whatever it is, I would hate to have him sick for his birthday

One that note.......on this day one year ago I was in early labour I didn't know that labour would last so long, but I sure was excited that things were happening!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page