equinox mamas & babes sept/oct 2003 Sept thread - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 349 Old 09-13-2004, 03:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hi all.
I'll be bouncing between here & the yahoo one.

it's nice having some freedom tho.

:vax2:

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
#242 of 349 Old 09-13-2004, 04:33 PM

Jen, we tracked them and there was no real food source. They weren't even in the kitchen! Thanks for the suggestion though .

The pest control guy said if they are biting and it's causing pimple like bites they aren't sugar ants. They are probably fire ants or carpenter ants because they are just chewing through the caulking and molding even after I find them and plug the holes back up! I tried tto (amoung other things!) and that helped a little until they found out somewhere else to come in urgh. They didn't till the land right when they built all these new houses and we all have ant problems. Basically the homes were all built on a major ant hill grrr.

I like the new vax smilies .
#243 of 349 Old 09-13-2004, 10:05 PM - Thread Starter

Wow I go away for the weekend and all hell breaks lose...just kiddin. Sorry to see you go Mamap. You will be missed. s

We had an interesting weekend....Josie's birthday was yesterday and we haven't done anything yet for it....will need to work on that..right now I ahve too much to do to sit here..lol Talk to you later.
#244 of 349 Old 09-14-2004, 07:20 PM

Beatgirl - where are you?

:vax2:

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
#245 of 349 Old 09-14-2004, 10:21 PM

Hmmm... I'm afraid this thread is dying. How sad.

Griffin's getting tubes in his ears on Thursday morning - I'm already getting nervous.

I am so busy. I haven't been this tired in a long, long time. My milk supply is down I'm so tired... Griffin is actually sleeping better - just life has gotten busy this month. I need to slow down and spend some quality time relaxing with my family. 2
#246 of 349 Old 09-14-2004, 10:39 PM

Jen! The thread is alive and well over here on Yahoo!! Come join us!! I still shift back and forth between MDC and there, but the ladies are over there and everything is great!! Come check it out!! We've even exchanged Messengers so we can all chat together, whihc has been fun!!
#247 of 349 Old 09-14-2004, 11:04 PM

why is he getting tubes?

#248 of 349 Old 09-14-2004, 11:37 PM

chronic ear infections... we tried everything else but nothing worked.
#249 of 349 Old 09-14-2004, 11:39 PM

I have a friend that had her 3 year old have them put in... she was beside herself, but he hasn't had a single ear infection since... so i guess it was good afterall.

I didn't realize that they put tubes in babies so young... i thought it was an older baby... like 3 years old that they did that procedure. But what do i know anyway??

s to you mama!!
#250 of 349 Old 09-14-2004, 11:56 PM

I also didn't realize they tried so young, I hope all goes well s. My stepson had them in at I think 2 years old (I know it was right around that age anyway, he was at least a year and a half if not 2) and they helped so much. He was on antibiotics pretty much his entire first year and it still didn't help and it was affecting his hearing and he had a speech delay until he got them put in and then he was fine.
#251 of 349 Old 09-15-2004, 11:57 AM

i don't like this yahoo thing
I 'm not getting all the emails so I'm not caught up, they are clogging my email acct and I still like to come to MDC and don't have time to keep up with both
#252 of 349 Old 09-15-2004, 11:59 AM

you could just have yahoo update you once a day, so you can read everythung at once...
#253 of 349 Old 09-15-2004, 12:08 PM

Jess, let me just second the idea that you can go into the yahoo group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/2003eqmamas/ and click on the Edit my Membership link then choose daily digest under Message delivery. Then you'll get all the messages in one big e-mail once a day.

Another thing to keep in mind is that we've been extremely active the last couple of days. I think all the excitement of the new format is behind this blip. Once it wears off, we'll go back to a more moderate volume and the e-mails won't clog your account so much. Also, that tip I gave earlier about setting up your e-mail so that all the group e-mails go into a special folder might work for you. That way, you can wait till you're ready to read through them and still find all your regular e-mails quickly.

I'm sorry you're disappointed with the way this has gone. At the very least, keep posting here and I bet some or most of us will probably be around to respond.
#254 of 349 Old 09-15-2004, 12:12 PM

yeah, i know! i belong to too many yahoo groups, that is the real problem!
#255 of 349 Old 09-15-2004, 03:34 PM

2 2 2
to you & your babe.
it sucks to be a mom sometimes

#256 of 349 Old 09-15-2004, 03:42 PM

Oh Jen,
I'm so sorry! I'll keep positive thoughts for Griffin tomorrow. For some reason a huge majority of babies have to have that procedure done here (don't know if it's a weather thing or what) and I know tons of people who's kids have gone through it. They all recovered pretty quickly, so hopefully Griffin will come through like a champ.

Just give him lots of hugs & kisses and be sure to let us know how he's doing.

: Karen, wife to my : Mad Scientist and mama to :Emma (10-21-03).
I spend my days : : and seeing how many smilies I can fit in my siggy.
#257 of 349 Old 09-15-2004, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter

Griffinsmom...I am still here too...just been way busy. Sorry about your poor babe and ear infections those are hard. s

We had Josie's "birthday party" last night....she was a crab through the whole thing..she finally fell asleep and then woke up for cake..she didnt' know what to do with it....lol she was not happy. She is teething the upper two front teeth as well as some others maybe....I will have to post her crying pictures...lol
#258 of 349 Old 09-15-2004, 11:48 PM

Thanks for the 2 s. I'll let you know how it goes... I'm one nervous mama though. Doesn't help that we have a rat snake hiding out on our back porch and it scared the CRAP out of me when I took the dog out a while ago. : Now I'll have nightmares for sure...
#259 of 349 Old 09-16-2004, 11:21 AM

Hello all. I know most of you are doing Child-led weaning, but are any of the rest of you thinking of weaning anytime soon? I had originally planned to nurse till one year, but Chloe turned one year yesterday and i am not sure i'm ready to stop. She probably would take it or leave it... sometimes, other times it seems she really wants to nurse. Most days she nurses for 1 min in the early morning, then maybe 5 mins before her morning nap, then maybe 2-5 mins before bed at night... That is usually... there are days when i'll nurse her 3-4 times during the day... but never ever for more than a couple of minutes... Other days, she won't nurse at all except maybe 2-3 mins before bedtime. Some nights when she's up a lot, i'll try to nurse her, but she doesn't want to, she just wants to hold my or dh's hand.

Question somewhere around here... Is it too early to think of weaning? I am kind of ready... well, i am, but then there are moments when i think i'm not. Is Chloe ready? How can i tell for sure... i've gone up to 2 days without nursing her more than once. She eats and eats and eats and eats everything on the earth (other than peanut butter, nuts and eggs... which we haven't tried yet). she has 3 square meals, plus a few healthy snacks during the day.

What do ya'll think??
#260 of 349 Old 09-16-2004, 11:37 AM

HI Tracey

I wanted to respond to your questions about weaning since I guess our babes are similar -- I only nurse Sage to sleep for naps and at night and when she wakes during the night, but each time for only a minute or so...yesterday I nursed her in the sling at the park cuz she was tired, and she laughed the whole time, I guess because we so rarely nurse during the day.

But because of this, I actually want to nurse her for even longer than I did my first (15 months) because she demands so little of me! With Ruby, she nursed non-stop for the first year and then started to show signs of being ambivelent toward nursing, at which point I jumped at the chance to wean. It was smooth, there were no tears on either end, trust me! But nursing contantly for a year had taken a toll and I was ready to get some privacy and space from her. No flames, please

But with Sage, if nursing for 20 minutes a day altogether is making her happy, I will set my next goal to make it to 18 months and then hope for 2. It "costs" me nothing to do so. SHe's easy.

And she eats everything in sight, even nuts and eggs, so she gets good nutrition and milkies too.

HTH
#261 of 349 Old 09-16-2004, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaChameleon
But with Sage, if nursing for 20 minutes a day altogether is making her happy, I will set my next goal to make it to 18 months and then hope for 2. It "costs" me nothing to do so. SHe's easy.

And she eats everything in sight, even nuts and eggs, so she gets good nutrition and milkies too.
I agree with this statement too, but on the other hand, I am kindof looking forward to putting things into my body that i don't necessarily want to share w/Chloe... : Also, i'm looking forward to having her spend the night @ my mom's house in the near future, and also, i'm looking forward to not being so hungry anymore... when i'm nursing, i eat like i'm pregnant!! lately its toned down alot since she rarely nurses any more...

I think that i LOVE being a nursing mom, and i will feel funny not being able to say that anymore. It is something i'm so proud of. I like telling people about it, and educating others on nursing, and NIP. I think that extended nursing is great for anyone that's into it, but i just don't know that i am. I also was thinking i would have liked to tandem nurse, but in reality this is not the best time for me to get pregnant...

See! I'm so torn!! I really think that Chloe would be fine not nursing, but i don't know if i am!!

OH! And i wanted to ask you, Sage eats peanut butter?? Are you at all concerned that this will CAUSE a peanut allergy?? I think, but can't really remember, that i gave AJ pb when he was 1 year, but now the peds are suggesting 3 years!! Isn't that nuts!! (no pun inteneded!) And Eggs at 2 years... i really want to give her eggs and quiche and pb&j sandwiches...???????
#262 of 349 Old 09-16-2004, 11:59 AM

I hope I didn't sounds judgemental about the nursing/weaning thing, because I think it's great that you have nursed as long as you have...I hear you about sleepovers at Gramma's, my 3 yo just started doing this and it has been great for me and Sage to have 1 on 1 time. It's a tough call and it's yours to make -- I will support you no matter what. Just wanted to share my experience.

As far as PB and eggs, I dunno. I don't "give" her PB but I don't keep her from eating the crusts of Ruby's PB&Js. Occasionally she gets her hands on stuff and I try not to be neurotic about keeping it form her.

As far as eggs, I guess I am ignorant and I don't go to the ped very often; I didn't realize there was a problem with starting them at 1. Any other voices of wisdom here? She happens to LOVE eggs so I'd hate to cut them out of the loop. I appreciate any advice or links on this matter.

Good luck with your thought process Tracey, I know it's a double edged sword. And PM me -- exactly what don't you want to share with Chloe? Can I come over? :
#263 of 349 Old 09-16-2004, 12:06 PM

Amanda, your reply did not at all sound judgemental!!! I appreciate and agree with everythng you've said!!

See i do the WBC, but i TRY not to listen to much being said there... but i was floored when they said 2 years for eggs!! I didn't know it was even an issue!! AJ LOVED scrambled eggs for breakfast, lunch, or dinner all the time when he was 1!! I will try her on them soon, but i have to wait for this other issue with her to clear up... i *think* she may have gotten that toddler/applejuice diahareah... I've been giving her a few ounces of juice a day, just to put something other than water or milk into her sippy cup, and AJ had this problem... he had diahreah for a month when he was like 13/14 months old... it was what they call apple juice diahreah, or toddler diahreah. It was horrible!! it is even worse for me now with the cloth diapering!!!! What a pain in the butt!! (mine, not hers!!)

i'll share on Yahoo, but they read the PM's here!!

BTW...Come on over @ 4:20!!!!!!!!!! The more the merrier!!
#264 of 349 Old 09-16-2004, 12:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMOMOF2

BTW...Come on over @ 4:20!!!!!!!!!! The more the merrier!!
you naughty girl!

:LOL
#265 of 349 Old 09-16-2004, 12:29 PM

:horse2 :
#266 of 349 Old 09-16-2004, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

Tracey...play it by ear...give it a try...if she is ready she will wean. I weaned Tristan @15 months, and Lorna @ 22months.( I was 3 months preg both times) I have no idea how long Josie will nurse. She doesn't reallly eat solids yet so a while longer...I probably won't nurse longer then 2 years. I am not up for the critizim(sp) that comes with that and dh would like be to be done sooner then that. He wants our bed back...and thinks that if I don't have to nurse her she won't be in our bed....She spends the night in her crib till she wakes to nurse then the rest of the night in our bed usually.

As far as the eggs things go...I have only heard that they weren't supposed to eat them before 12 months. I fed T eggs at 8 months and he broke out in hives..but eggs are his favorite food now with no problems. I think we did pb around 1 year too....
L ate everything when she started solids....she still loves to eat.
J didn't even want chocolate bday cake....lol

She is an absolute bear right now. She is teething i am sure of it. She nurses almost all night and wants to be held all day....I am so tired...and I have tons of stuff to do...that is much easier to do when I am not holding her....lol
#267 of 349 Old 09-16-2004, 01:19 PM

T Hey! What ever happened to Celestial mama or StarMama and Mamaley?? And whoever else was on our Equinox I'm Pregnant Forum....
#268 of 349 Old 09-16-2004, 01:26 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSIE - from Colin, your mdc buddy : : :

I've tried to reach beatgirl - is she on holiday?

#269 of 349 Old 09-16-2004, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

I don't know...we are missing lots of mama's......
#270 of 349 Old 09-16-2004, 01:38 PM
Banned

actually, tracey, i saw a post of starmama's last night and invited her back.

you know what? i can't believe i've been talking to some of you for more than a year already. it's weird how people come and go. i still miss mamarsupial.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page