why does she smell like cheese? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-06-2004, 05:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
seriously. my daughter just turned 6 weeks old friday. for the past few weeks she has smelled like cheese. not bad per se but very potently, distinctly cheesy. (mmm cheddar baby!)

WHY does my baby smell like cheese??

there is nothing (else?) wrong with her besides the smell. she's nursing (constantly!), sleeping well, enjoying her awake time in the evenings... she's already reaching out + grabbing stuff... follows stuff w/ her eyes... turns toward the sound of her name... looks toward mommy / daddy / michael when we say those names... smiles all the time... talks... and has even started signing when she's hungry already. it's just this SMELL! i gave her a bath tonight and it helped for all of about 5 minutes. :
#2 of 5 Old 09-06-2004, 11:32 AM

my ds smelled like cheese for a while b/c milk would run down his face into his neck chub and kinda sour. He didnt smell like sour milk, but like you said, cheese. So would the little rolls on his wrists from him putting his hands in his mouth after nursing. It was IMPOSSIBLE to get rid of that smell it seems like. but eventually he got better at keeping all the milk in his mouth and he hasnt smelled cheesy (teehee) in a long time.
#3 of 5 Old 09-06-2004, 01:19 PM

Check out this thread for more cheese stories...

My dd always smells like cheese if I don't get ALL the neck rolls every day. There's also a very deep crevice behind the ears that likes to collect breast milk. I always likened the smell more to yogurt. What do you get when you mix milk and select bacteria cultures and heat very gently for 24 hours...?

Sarah
#4 of 5 Old 09-06-2004, 01:36 PM

I've found the area most likely to be cheesy on my little one is her armpits. I didn't even notice it until a few weeks ago. Her armpits are *really* deep, andI really have to lift her arms up high to get in there, so that is a culprit area for us. Her neck can get a little yucky at times, but thats much easier for me to keep clean than her armpits. GL!
#5 of 5 Old 09-06-2004, 04:15 PM

my son smells like mac n' cheese!!! it's even on his breath. no big deal, and after reading the other posts, makes me proud that he's getting so much milk from me (i had to supplement for his 1st 3 months)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page