Nov/Dec 2003 October thread!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 337 Old 10-07-2004, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
what a cute pic Stacy! Branden must be a ham for the camera...every pic you have of him, he is smiling. Sage wont smile until i put the camera down, lol.

1Jooj~~i remember last year when ramadon came around and we were still PG...I hope this year is better for you! I couldn't imagine going a whole day without food when I was PG, LOL! At least this year, you dont have to worry about that.

gotta go, banana bread is ready....

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 337 Old 10-07-2004, 08:05 PM

Ladies-I noticed something not so good in Gossemers Signiture.
She lost her baby on the 4th.
Still subscribed to that thread of hers and someone posted to it today.
#63 of 337 Old 10-07-2004, 08:37 PM - Thread Starter

i saw that too. Poor mama. She is so deserving of a baby.

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#64 of 337 Old 10-07-2004, 10:00 PM

*Warning - longwinded post follows*

I need some advice, or some commiseration, or something. Jesi has been trying to cut these 4 top teeth for a while now and she is miserable! She's not napping, well she'll go to sleep but only stays asleep for 20 or 30 minutes if I'm lucky. Nighttime waking is getting out of control - she is awake more than she is asleep, which is making for a miserable mama. OK, so nothing that no one else is going through, right? Well getting her to go to sleep at night (the first time) is really getting difficult for both of us. She is ultra super tired, I'll nurse her and she'll be falling asleep but the second she is done nursing and I move, she pops back awake again. She whines and cries and crawls all over the bed, she is rubbing her eyes and keeps putting her head down, but just wont go to sleep! We nurse over and over - and she actually will fall asleep to the point that she unlatches, but once she unlatches, she pops back awake again. This cycle goes on from about 8 to 9 or so (at which point I just can't take it anymore) then I take her out to the livingroom and sit in the rocker in the dark and rock her to sleep. This in itself doesn't sound that bad, right? Well the whole time I am rocking her, she is screaming, kicking, scratching, pinching, trying to climb over me..... She basically cries herself to sleep in my arms. I totally hate that she has to cry like that, but it seems to be the only way she will go to sleep lately - please tell me it isn't CIO if she's in my arms and I am and have attended to her every need. Mommy is in desperate need of some down time (and some sleep!) Is this a "normal" phase she is going through? Any tips, tricks or secrets for getting them to go down without the fits? I don't think it would be so bad if I weren't also getting up during the night with Danielle - she's been having nightmares, and of course the two of them can't wake up at the same time.

I know I'm not the only sleep deprived mama, i just needed to get that off my chest - maybe I can talk them in to going to sleep early tonight......
#65 of 337 Old 10-07-2004, 10:10 PM

Your not letting her CIO if you've tended to all her needs and are holding her Sherri.
Have you tried ice cold teethers to help the teeth feel better. maybe a popscicle? A loves those.
Sometimes when A does that I just decide that i'm not getting up and i'll lay and watch tv till i'm ready for bed(the only tv time i get btw).
i may not wanna be there but at least shes staying asleep.
speaking of sleep- she is so i gotta put her down to tend to the other one
#66 of 337 Old 10-07-2004, 10:13 PM

Awww Sherri I so feel your pain and frustration hun. Thankfully, we finally seem to be on the down side of our trip to "teething he!!" and back after 2 weeks. We went through the same thing so I should be able to offer advice but I really can't since I don't even know how we've survived these past couple of weeks. I guess for me, I've been so sleep-deprived since the accident that I just go on auto-pilot anymore....
Anyways, I can tell you, it will get better, hopefully sooner than later and please don't beat yourself up for letting her cry a little. Branden's been doing a whole lot of that these past few weeks but like you, I attend to his every need and cuddle him best I can, even when he's literally fighting me not to. I think we survived with a combination of motrin, teething balm, lots of co-sleeping and calling on dh to help out as much as humanely possible.
I so hope tonight is a better night for you
#67 of 337 Old 10-08-2004, 11:17 AM

Huh? Teeth? What's that like? Kidding. We still show no signs--well, something seems to be bobbing almost tot he surface and then disappearing again. She had a nasty poop this AM (first time ever), so maybe something's up. She nurses 4-5 times a night anyway, so that's no indication for us.

I caught dd halfway up the stairs yesterday--and the moment she turned to taunt me, she let go and would have totally slammed head first into a wall (our stairs bend at the bottom) had I not caught her, upside down, before she could make impact. Didn't faze her, but I was sick from the adrenaline. Scary. We cannot gate the stairs, either, so I just have to keep her in the kitchen while I cook, I guess.

Oh--my Ramadan favorites are soup, soup and soup. I make a lentil-&-chickpea soup with a tomato base and lamb or chicken, which is awesome. I also make fried bread stuffed with onions, herbs, spices and FAT (no kidding, it's one of those foods you hate to love). Last year I didn't manage it (hmmm, wonder why ), but this year I am making 5 or 6 kinds of sweets ahead of time. Most involve sesame seeds, nuts, spices, deep frying, and/or honey. No kidding.
#68 of 337 Old 10-08-2004, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Little Monkeys
*Warning - longwinded post follows*

I need some advice, or some commiseration, or something. Jesi has been trying to cut these 4 top teeth for a while now and she is miserable! She's not napping, well she'll go to sleep but only stays asleep for 20 or 30 minutes if I'm lucky. Nighttime waking is getting out of control - she is awake more than she is asleep, which is making for a miserable mama. OK, so nothing that no one else is going through, right? Well getting her to go to sleep at night (the first time) is really getting difficult for both of us. She is ultra super tired, I'll nurse her and she'll be falling asleep but the second she is done nursing and I move, she pops back awake again. She whines and cries and crawls all over the bed, she is rubbing her eyes and keeps putting her head down, but just wont go to sleep! We nurse over and over - and she actually will fall asleep to the point that she unlatches, but once she unlatches, she pops back awake again. This cycle goes on from about 8 to 9 or so (at which point I just can't take it anymore) then I take her out to the livingroom and sit in the rocker in the dark and rock her to sleep. This in itself doesn't sound that bad, right? Well the whole time I am rocking her, she is screaming, kicking, scratching, pinching, trying to climb over me..... She basically cries herself to sleep in my arms. I totally hate that she has to cry like that, but it seems to be the only way she will go to sleep lately - please tell me it isn't CIO if she's in my arms and I am and have attended to her every need. Mommy is in desperate need of some down time (and some sleep!) Is this a "normal" phase she is going through? Any tips, tricks or secrets for getting them to go down without the fits? I don't think it would be so bad if I weren't also getting up during the night with Danielle - she's been having nightmares, and of course the two of them can't wake up at the same time.

I know I'm not the only sleep deprived mama, i just needed to get that off my chest - maybe I can talk them in to going to sleep early tonight......

Are you sure that your dd and my ds weren't separated at birth? Seriously, we are going throught he same thing. At 3:30 last night, I was about to lose my mind. I saw that Dh was awake in the bed just watching me struggle with ds, and I growled " Can you PLEASE help me" and he got up and rocked ds in the dark for at least an hour- during which I could hear the fighting, squirming and screaming
I evenually got up and brought DS back to bed and nursed him back to sleep after an acrobatic struggle.

I have been so depressed and burnt out the last few days. Is this a milestone thing? I wish we lived closer so we could all get one sitter and go out for some margaritas or something I think we could all use a night to go crazy and blow off some steam.

Happy Friday, Y'all.

BTW jooj- I have been in a soup mood too. That sounds soooo good.
#69 of 337 Old 10-08-2004, 12:11 PM

Tragically, we've been doing this same thing for MONTHS now. It's incredibly frustrating. DD just sorta thrashes around a lot. Sorry others are suffering but also glad to know not alone in this.
#70 of 337 Old 10-08-2004, 12:39 PM

thanks everyone - I guess I have just been so sleep deprived that I needed to whine a little bit. It seems that if I'm not up with Jessica, then I'm up with Danielle - and last night Mikayla had a migraine (have you ever known a 9 yo to get migraines?) so I was up with her as well. Jessica did sleep a little bit better - she didn't want to go to sleep but I just let her crawl around on the bed and pretty soon she laid her head down and went to sleep. She is sleeping now, but I know her teeth are bothering her because she keeps crying in her sleep, then she will roll over andgo back to sleep. She is so restless at night that she doesn't get enough sleep, thus she wants to sleep late inthe morning. I'm seriously thinking about waking her up hoping maybe she will take a nap later and get back on a more normal schedule. It will get better, it will get better, it will get better, it will get better......
#71 of 337 Old 10-08-2004, 03:10 PM
bec

Just popping in for a little update. Emily is doing really well. Contrary to what I feared, she has adjusted remarkably well to the arm immobilizers (although, she does like to try to get them off). We've taken her off the Tylenol with Codeine, and she is doing really well with it. She is crawling around, pulling up and playing like normal. She is also really enjoying all the new sounds she is able to make with her new palate!

Since surgery, she has popped out two new teeth (3 total). And she is taking a step or two a day now! I'd say she'll be really walking in a month or two. She's turning into a toddler before my very eyes!

Bec

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#72 of 337 Old 10-08-2004, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

bec~~are you guys bf'ing yet?? how is that going? glad to hear she is doing well. I'm so happy for you guys!

we are also having a hard time at night. Sage thrashes, kicks, pinches, cries, moans, whines and crawls around. It takes us like 30 minutes to an hour to get her to sleep, nursing the whole time, and she will also wake up when she pops off the breast. I've been tempted to try a paci, but she hates them. No naps here either. yesterday, i hadn't eaten anything except a piece of banana bread that i made while DH was still here. I couldn't put her down, and she wouldn't go to sleep. So i put her in the car and we went into town so i could get a pizza and she would take a nap. it worked!! so i got to eat and she got a nap. she is playing happily in her packNplay rightnow, so i think I'm going to get some packing done while she is in a good mood

Just some for everyone. I can't beleive we are all going thru the same grief with the babes right now...and extra for all of you that have more than 1 child demanding your attention! I can't imagine having more than 1 right now!!!

#73 of 337 Old 10-08-2004, 05:03 PM

Bec~ Thanks for the update! It sounds like Emily has come through like a champ! for both of you!

I cheated today and put Jesi in the swing - so far she's been asleep for 20 minutes, hopefully I'll get a good nap out of her because I need to get some things dyed today and it is near to impossible to do that with her getting into everything - and worse when she's tired and cranky!

She was funny earlier, I have a big rubbermaid bin for her toys (not like there aren't plenty of baby toys after having 3 kids ) she crawled over to it and stood up so she could pull the toys out (as if I didn't have enough of a mess to clean up already) she started crying because she took the toys out, but couldn't figure out how to get back down to get them :LOL Of course being the helpful mommy that I am, I stood there and laughed at her before I helped her down. It was funny to watch the look on her face, she was really trying to think that one through LOL
#74 of 337 Old 10-08-2004, 08:30 PM
bec

No nursing yet. I have to wait until next Thursday. Only a syringe can be put in her mouth right now. Nothing else for 10 days. I'll be able to start trying next Thursday. I think I'm about as ready as I can be. I've talked to lactation consultants, and have been doing everything I can to help it.

But, honestly, if it doesn't work, I'm not going to get uptight about it. I plan on pumping for a year, but one way or the other, I'm going to be done by then. The benefits of the breastmilk are starting to be outweighed by the challenges of the pumping. And it is getting very much harder to supervise her while I'm pumping. She is getting into things that only proper supervision can prevent. I can't baby-proof anymore. And I'm exhausted. I'm just drained from the pumping. I need to be done. I'll have given her a year, though, so that will have to do.

Bec

#75 of 337 Old 10-08-2004, 08:59 PM

Bec- thanks for the update.

elcome erin1972
#76 of 337 Old 10-09-2004, 04:52 PM

Finally, a moment to type. I've been trying to reply to this thread since yesterday morning. Henry has a cold (I think) and is teething badly (although your guess is as good as mine as to which teeth he's now working on) so things are crazy around here. And we had a rough night last night b/c he was having a hard time breathing, so he spent a large part of the night sleeping on me (which meant I didn't sleep).

Bec ... I'm glad to hear Emily is doing well. I am hoping she's able to latch on like a champ. We're all crossing our fingers for you.

And to everyone (esp. Sherri) with sleep problems, a huge . We're there and have been there to varying degrees. What has helped us tremendously with getting Henry to go to sleep is having a routine (staying asleep is another matter). I read Elizabeth Pantley's No Cry Sleep Solution and have used a number of her ideas (fairly common sense, actually, but when you're sleep deprived, you need all the help you can get!). Henry now, about 98% of the time, goes to sleep at night very easily and very quickly, and also does so for naps about 75% of the time. It took about 2 weeks for the routine to really seem like it was working, and then another week for me to see improvement in Henry. But let me tell you, he's now getting 2 more hours of sleep at night, and is usually napping about 45 minutes to 1 hour in total longer during the day. And we're not spending 2 hours at night to get him to sleep (same holds true for naps). I have a different baby. I've gone on below to describe what we did -- its long, so if you don't want to read, I don't blame you!

Here's what our day is like (and this is just a routine -- times aren't set in stone and we bend as the day needs to be bent -- that said, Henry wakes up at about the same time everyday regardless of what time he goes to bed, so the times are pretty accurate, but he chose them):

6:45am -- Henry wakes up; nurses.
7:00-7:20am -- Play with Daddy (mommy showers); diaper and clothing change.
7:20am-7:40am -- Come downstairs; eat breakfast (he only eats a little fruit, but he goes in his high chair so I can eat and so I can make dh's lunch).
7:40am-8:45am -- Play; nurse; etc.
8:45am-9:00am -- Naptime routine: Diaper change; go upstairs and nurse in bed; if not asleep for nap, then go into sling and transfer to bed once asleep.
9:00am-10:30am -- Nap (this nap used to be 20-40 minutes -- he's now sleeping for 1.5 hours regularly).
10:30am-12:00pm -- Diaper change; nurse; play; run errands; etc.
12:00pm-12:30pm -- Lunch.
12:30pm-1:15pm -- Play; nurse; diaper change; etc.
1:15pm-1:30pm -- Naptime routine (same as above).
1:30pm-2:30pm -- Nap (sometimes its much shorter than this; sometimes longer, but on average, he sleeps about an hour).
2:30pm-5:30pm -- Diaper change; nurse; play; run errands; go for walk; play outside; snack; etc.
5:30pm-5:45pm -- Start winding down play (more quiet activities).
5:45pm-6:30pm -- Dinner (he's a slow eater and this is his best solids meal of the day).
6:30pm -- Start bedtime routine
6:30pm-6:45pm -- Bath and brush teeth.
6:45pm-6:50pm -- Nightime diaper and jammies.
6:50pm-7:00pm -- Read story (usually Good Night Moon).
7:00pm-7:15pm -- Nurse and/or sling time until he falls alseep.

In order to implement this routine dh and I decided that Henry needed to go to bed before dh got home from work. No matter what, Henry won't sleep past 7:30 in the morning, so if we waited to put Henry to bed after dh got home at night, he wouldn't get to sleep until 9:30pm or later, and then he was overtired and cranky the next day b/c he didn't get enough sleep. Since we've moved his bedtime earlier, and since we have a fairly consistent rhythm to our day, Henry is happier and goes to sleep better. He's so attuned to our nightime routine that he starts getting sleepy during dinner, and is totally ready to lay down and nurse after story time. He's almost at the point of rolling over and going to sleep on his own. Now if only he'd do that in the middle of the night ...

Actually, I have a theory on the nighttime wakings. I think it will pass in large part once all of our babies are actively and consistently walking. I like to think of all the movement as the "pre-walking jimmy legs." The muscles and nerves are developing at an incredible pace and I think they mis-fire a lot when at rest, so the babies keep moving. Once they're settled (as in when baby is walking well), I think they'll stop. Of course, then we'll have language development and our babies will start talking in their sleep, but that I can deal with.

I know having a "routine" is sometimes a dirty thing in this world of MDC. But honestly, I think its what ds needed in order to learn to sleep better on his own. And I have a happier baby. And he NEVER EVER CIO. Also, as adults, we often don't realize it, but we all have bedtime routines as well. Most of us probably (or at least before kids) have some series of things we do in nearly the same order everynight before we go to bed (wash face, brush teeth, go to the bathroom, change into jammies, read, etc.). We may not be aware of it but those things help put our minds in a proper format for sleep. In addition, we also usually have an hour or two of downtime of some sort (tv, book, radio, sex, computer, etc.) in the evenings that helps us wind down. I know that when I was working and had a really late night, even though it was 2am, I still needed to take 15-30 minutes to read or watch tv before I could go to sleep. I needed to turn my brain off and prepare it for sleep. I imagine babies are much the same way -- or maybe more so b/c they are learning so much and everything is so new.

Anyway, I'm off my now. I hope this helps someone and I'm sorry its so long.

Oh, and new people!
#77 of 337 Old 10-09-2004, 06:47 PM
bec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry's_Mamma
Actually, I have a theory on the nighttime wakings. I think it will pass in large part once all of our babies are actively and consistently walking. I like to think of all the movement as the "pre-walking jimmy legs." The muscles and nerves are developing at an incredible pace and I think they mis-fire a lot when at rest, so the babies keep moving. Once they're settled (as in when baby is walking well), I think they'll stop. Of course, then we'll have language development and our babies will start talking in their sleep, but that I can deal with.

Amy - This is so cute! I almost feel nostalgic, reading this. I had a different theory every month when Katie was this age. I think there were so many contributing factors to her nightwaking to really pin it down. And now, at 3.5, it's a habit. I will say, it has made me much more relaxed about Emily's night-waking. I have no expectation of her sleeping through the night, so it isn't the bitter disapointment to me that she isn't.

Good for you for the routine, though. That helped immensely with Katie. She pretty much chose the times, but I helped organize how she spent it. When Emily is recovered, and we have the nursing thing settled for better of for worse, I am going to work on a routine with her as well. I want my bed back. The girls simply take up too much room.

Poor Emily has not been liking the syringes today. I think she is feeling really good, and wants to have her bottles back. She has been fighting me all day on the feeding. She'd only had about 5 ounces total until 3:30pm today. She was super cranky because of it too. I finally got her to settle down, and she sucked down 4 ounces (6 syringes full) in about 5 minutes and fell asleep. I was even able to put her down in her crib (something she has been fighting me on since the surgery as well). So I have a few moments of peace.

Bec

#78 of 337 Old 10-09-2004, 09:54 PM

Hello everyone! I haven't posted to this thread in months, although I've been lurking. I decided to finally post tonight because it seems we're all going through the same teething issues at the same time! My DD only has two bottom teeth (and just got those this month), but I think there's some serious teething going on right now. The past few nights, she's been in such pain, sucking furiously on her fists, on me, on the cat...you get the picture! Sleep? What's that?

Anyway, I wanted to say hello, and to let you all know how much I appreciate reading about you and your little ones and the honestly on this forum. I'm so tired of mothers telling me about their CIO "successes", or telling me that little so-and-so has been sleeping through the night since she was 4 mths old, or is walking and talking at 9 months, or is running the decathalon...I'm sure you all get the same crazy, competative hoo-hah from mothers. I'm so tired of these CIO advocates who try to make me feel like a freak for having a baby who still needs me at night (and not only that, but I freakishly enjoy being with her, too!).
#79 of 337 Old 10-09-2004, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bec
Amy - This is so cute! I almost feel nostalgic, reading this. I had a different theory every month when Katie was this age. I think there were so many contributing factors to her nightwaking to really pin it down. And now, at 3.5, it's a habit. I will say, it has made me much more relaxed about Emily's night-waking. I have no expectation of her sleeping through the night, so it isn't the bitter disapointment to me that she isn't.
I just read what I wrote again and I think I need to clarify, just for myself if for no one else. I think the constant movement will end once he's walking (this is sorta based on my experience with him right before he started crawling when he'd do push-ups in his sleep -- they stopped once he started moving). I don't anticipate the rest of the nightwakings to end, maybe just drop off a few (a girl can dream, can't she?). I'm also hoping that if he gets his own space soon, he'll start sleeping better (he usually sleeps great until we come to bed), I'm just having a hard time getting him in his own space. He hates the darn crib and crib mattress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bed
Poor Emily has not been liking the syringes today. I think she is feeling really good, and wants to have her bottles back. She has been fighting me all day on the feeding. She'd only had about 5 ounces total until 3:30pm today. She was super cranky because of it too. I finally got her to settle down, and she sucked down 4 ounces (6 syringes full) in about 5 minutes and fell asleep. I was even able to put her down in her crib (something she has been fighting me on since the surgery as well). So I have a few moments of peace.
Poor baby. She so wants to get back to normal. But its a good sign that she's feeling so fiesty. Shows she feels well. That's what's important.

Ok. Gotta go hang with dh and share our Cinnabon. Then its time for bed. I don't think I slept more than 4 hours total last night, and nothing more than 1 or 1.5 in a row.
#80 of 337 Old 10-09-2004, 11:32 PM

Welcome JellyFishy What an adorable little one you have!

Bec-so glad to hear Emily is doing well!

Wow, so weird that everyone's going through the same thing...what's with this group of babies anyways :LOL Seems they all thrive on giving us mamas a hard go of it....I could still just eat Bran up though (hard as it was at 3oclock in the morning last night when Bran woke up screaming because of his teeth once again!) We ended up watching Baby Einstein last night for about 2 hours, it really was the only thing that kept him from getting upset at that point. As hard as it was to be awake at that time, we cuddled and just layed there for awhile and it was kinda nice to just have some time with him. It's always so crazy with the 3 of the kids around here that it's hard to get one on one with any of them :LOL
We had great weather and an awesome Thanksgiving family day today. We went for a walk on the local island and yup, you guessed it, took pics! I'm definantly thankful for a lot of things this year...more so than usual I think for a lot of reasons really.
Anyway, to all
#81 of 337 Old 10-09-2004, 11:51 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
hey y'all,

sorry to hear about the sleep woes. we're pretty mellow on sleep here as long as i'm with 'em. they won't sleep for spit w/o me or dh. well, actually, dd1 does fine once she's asleep, but must still nurse to sleep or have a car ride or something of that nature. dd2 must be in my arms or dh's. she sleeps great if she is (some rousing at night, but i only half wake and can go back once that nip gets in her mouth). it gets draining 'cause i'd love some time to myself, but she's just not wired that way.

she's getting her 4th tooth now. i can just feel the edge of it. her other top front tooth is about halfway in.

i'm so tired i'm not making much sense typing tonight, but the main reason i wanted to post was to say congratulations to emily and bec. sounds like she's doing great!

take care everybody...

Mamatreehugger.gif to two girl beans, Feb 2001hearts.gif and Nov 2003coolshine.gif . DH geek.gif, and two crazydog2.gifdog2.gif . Running on biodiesel since 2004!

"All you fascists are bound to lose" — Woody Guthrie
#82 of 337 Old 10-10-2004, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

lastnight was awful. I'm so tired. every 5 minutes, sage woke up. we finally started sleeping good around 5 or 6 this morning, and slept until 10. and i was totally uncomfortable all day yesterday b/c sage ate and ate all night, then wouldn't nurse all day. she would get on for like 5 minutes and pop off to go play with her grandma. i guess it didn't help that we were at my mom's yesterday. too much distraction i guess.

other than that, she was a perfect angel. she crawled all around my mom's house chasing her little dog, who loves sage to death. it was very cute. the dog gave her the slip every time she got close, lol. i was hoping all the exercise would tire her out or make her hungry, but apparently it didn't do either.

today has been better so far with nursing. I think maybe all the excitement at my mom's was just too much for her, and she didnt want to eat for fear of missing something.

ok, i have a bunch of stuff to do, i dont need to be on the computer!

#83 of 337 Old 10-10-2004, 05:09 PM

Boy was Henry's sleep weird last night! He went down easily at 7:15pm and we didn't hear a peep from him until nearly 11pm (you have no idea how weird that is). Then he was basically up for 2 hours. He clearly wanted to go back to sleep but just couldn't figure it out. We tried nursing and then dh slung him for awhile and then back to nursing. He finally fell asleep around 1am, I think (I fell asleep while he was nursing : so I'm assuming that's when he fell asleep). I think he woke up once and then slept through until 7:15am. So weird. Nothing like the past few weeks at all. I'm hoping for a repeat of the second half of the night w/o the 2 hour wake up. But he's napped like poop today (two half-hour naps).

Ok. Gotta go. Dh is organizing something and needs my help.
#84 of 337 Old 10-10-2004, 08:55 PM

Did I mention that we use white noise for daytime naps? It's to the point now that her eyes start to roll back as soon as I turn it on. This afternoon, though, I was trying to nurse her down so dh and I could have some *ahem* quiet time while ds napped. She did not want to sleep. So, I tried singing to her, and first she tried dancing, and then she decided clapping hands was funnier. Looks like we have our comedienne.

BTW, I see tooth. It's there.

I have 2 kinds of my sweets made. Two more to go, and then I start with the other foods I'm trying to make ahead. A girl friend is coming next weekend, and we're making Arab-style meat pies. I am making grape leaves and a few other things myself. I don't know why I am so motivated to do this all ahead this year; must be the solstice.

ETA: I wanted to add the down side of the white noise. It has auto-one-hour-shut-off. As soon as it shuts off, she WAKES UP!!! :
#85 of 337 Old 10-11-2004, 11:34 AM

We had another rough night last night- every 30-45 minutes Ds woke up or started "sleep fussing". Arrgh. : Amy- good for you on the routine! I think I'm going to go buy NCSS.

Question: how do you cook and eat dinner? I saw that you feed him at 5:30 or so, but when does the rest of the family eat? When do you cook?At 5:30 I'm usually cooking dinner- we generally eat at 6:30-7, depending on the level of "helping" or when DH gets home. '

I'm getting desperate- my mood the last couple of weeks has been lousy and it is affecting my mothering and my wifeing. I have been eating everything in sight and recognize an unhealthy pattern( I have suffered from depression for many years and recognize these are warning signs )

Have a good day all!
#86 of 337 Old 10-11-2004, 01:11 PM

Liz ~ I hope things get better for you

Jesi's sleep is intermittant. Some nights she will sleep for a few hours at least, other nights she is up every 20-30 minutes. I haven't quite figured out what's going on, I thought it was teeth, but they still haven't come through and she is still on a weird "pattern"

We went to the coast yesterday and took the girls to the aquarium and then sat down on the beach for a while and watched teh waves. We got there as the tide was coming in so the waves were huge! Jesi just sat tehre on my lap for almost an hour and watched the water. She LOVED it - definitely my kid LOL I kept trying to get her picture, but she wouldn't turn and look at the camera - she just kept watching the water. The aquarium was fun (we have a memebership so we go quite a bit) she was more interested in watching the fish this time. When we went before, she didn't seem to notice the fish at all - the people were more interesting for her.

My computer flaked out so I have to use dd's (yes, my 10 yo has her own computer - one of the perks of having a dh who works on and builds them) Do you know how difficult it is to do anything on a coumputer that has all the parental controls on it? I'm lucky I was able to get to MDC LOL
#87 of 337 Old 10-11-2004, 01:14 PM

Just have to share this - I tried to go the the previous page in this thread - the parental controls wouldn't let me LOL It says there is inappropriate content on that page - who wrote something good that I can't see now LOL This isn't cool :LOL Dh better get my computer running tonight!
#88 of 337 Old 10-11-2004, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunMama
We had another rough night last night- every 30-45 minutes Ds woke up or started "sleep fussing". Arrgh. : Amy- good for you on the routine! I think I'm going to go buy NCSS.

Question: how do you cook and eat dinner? I saw that you feed him at 5:30 or so, but when does the rest of the family eat? When do you cook?At 5:30 I'm usually cooking dinner- we generally eat at 6:30-7, depending on the level of "helping" or when DH gets home. '

I'm getting desperate- my mood the last couple of weeks has been lousy and it is affecting my mothering and my wifeing. I have been eating everything in sight and recognize an unhealthy pattern( I have suffered from depression for many years and recognize these are warning signs )

Have a good day all!

I could have written this post, Liz!! Sage had almost the same sleep pattern last night, and I have also been in the dumps lately, eating everything and not wanting to do anything. Maybe its related to sleep deprivation, and not just depression? although i have been depressed, and it gets worse the closer it gets to moving day for us, which is Oct 30th. Every box I pack, I think, "we are moving b/c MIL would rather have money than have us." and my mom and brother are mad at us for moving so far away. I told my mom, "hey be mad at MIL, if it wasn't for her, we wouldn'tbe leaving." Mom understands, bro does too, but he still thinks we should stay close. and they are both mad at MIL b/c they know she is the reason we are leaving.

I ran into one of my friends at walmart, and she is 7 mos pg. I rubbed her belly, and realized I really miss being pg. I think we are going to wait until January, or until we get settled in our own place, to TTC#2. I'm excited about it b/c i can have a homebirth in MI, lol.

I think we might be having another tooth soon. so we are on tooth-watch, lol.

#89 of 337 Old 10-11-2004, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunMama
Question: how do you cook and eat dinner? I saw that you feed him at 5:30 or so, but when does the rest of the family eat? When do you cook?At 5:30 I'm usually cooking dinner- we generally eat at 6:30-7, depending on the level of "helping" or when DH gets home.
First off, Liz, . I know that desperate feeling you're having. That's why I decided to at least try a routine and the NCSS. I figured, at this point, it can't hurt, and if it didn't work, I'd be no worse off. I was having those not very good mommy and wifey moments, too.

As for dinner ... Henry usually eats (I snack) at 5:30-6:00. He doesn't really like multi-ingredient meals yet (stuff we'd eat), so I feed him some cheese pieces, a veggie, some yogurt, and some fruit (he actually self feeds all but the yogurt -- everything is finger foods). The most complicated cooking I have to do for him is microwave. I imagine in the future he'll just get our leftovers from the night before. I cook dh's and my dinner after Henry goes to bed. Dh usually doesn't get home until, at the earliest, 8:15pm (sometimes its 9:00pm or later), so I've got the 45 minutes to an hour after Henry goes to sleep to get dinner together. On the nights when dh will be really late and will eat dinner at work, I'll just have leftovers with Henry. Sometimes, like today, I'll do a crock pot meal, and put that together during Henry's morning nap. Then its just a periodic run to the kitchen to stir. I do a lot of these b/c dh has been working insane hours lately and is taking dinner to work with him as well as lunch, so big pots full of chili and soup are nicely portable. And make easy meals for me when I'm on my own.

Christy ... .

I'll post more later. We have exciting news!!!!
#90 of 337 Old 10-12-2004, 01:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry's_Mamma
I'll post more later. We have exciting news!!!!
is it what i think it is??!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page