Nov/Dec 2003 October thread!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-13-2004, 02:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunMama
What is it about babies that KNOW that you are in the tub? I was taking a much needed lavender bath, with my book and glass of wine, and lo and behold whimpers...no fusses...no screams begin to emit from my bedroom just as I turn off the water and lower myself into the delicious water. : I, of course, *sigh* got out and tended to DS, as DH SAT ON THE COUCH : :
For me its not the tub but with food. Whenever I'm about to sit down to something that should be served hot (think soup), cold (think ice cream), or not mushy (think a bowl of cereal), ds calls. If I'm eating a sandwich, I never, ever hear from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy1980
ps~~~who else is going to have more babies here? and when will you start TTC the next baby? ((((why on earth do I have baby-brain!?!?))) LOL!
In an ideal world, one in which I was both younger and richer :LOL, I would have 3 more children for a total of 4. DH only wants one more. I would like 2 more. But I think what will happen is that we will have another sometime in 2006, making Henry and the new babe about 2.5 years apart in age (so I could be pg this time next year!!). I'll be considered of "advanced maternal age" in 2006, so we'll have to see where we are at 2.5 years after that. If we have another boy I might have more leverage to try for number 3 (on the theory that we should try for a girl). But all this may ultimately come down to whether I VBAC next time. Actually, twins run in my family strongly, and the older you are, the more likely they are anyway, so I'm secretly hoping for twins next time around! So shhhhhhh!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2004, 02:37 PM

: Toby!!!! And of course we remember you! OMG, our first birthday - where has the time gone? Jessica turned 11 months yesterday :cry So who's next? I'll have to go check out Christy's site.

Oh, on having another - I really would love to have another baby. Even with all the sleep issues lately, Jessica has been my easiest baby and she definitely makes me want another one. Dh does too I think - he'd really like to try for a boy. It depends on when I ask him. We might start trying this spring, or early summer. I'm not getting any younger :LOL
Old 10-13-2004, 03:02 PM

Tammi ... beautiful!! I'm almost done with Henry's costume (ok, its bought, but I had to make feet for it). I'll try to finish and post a picture soon.

: Tobias!

to all the sleep issues. Henry's been doing a 5.5 hour stint (from about midnight to 5:30am), but at 5:30am he WILL NOT go back to sleep w/o me getting out of bed with him to bounce him, and that sometimes takes 30 minutes or more. Then dh's alarm goes off an 1.25 hours later, and we're all up for the day. Its driving me insane. I'd rather have him wake me a dozen times but nurse back to sleep in 10 seconds, yk? I'm so exhausted, even though I think collectively, I'm getting more sleep b/c of that long sleep stint. I guess we can't win ...
Old 10-13-2004, 03:46 PM - Thread Starter

: Toby!! : I'm slacking on the job here! I was going to post a reminder and I totally forgot, (sleep deprived and moving jitters, sorry)!

When Sage wakes me up, I can't get back to sleep b/c I start thinking about all the stuff I have to pack, closing out accounts with the bank, cable, power, etc. and then my mind is going so I can't fall back asleep. Sage actually slept better than usual lastnight, but I couldn't sleep.

upcoming birthdays:
KindRedSpirit's DD Eve, 10-31 (our only halloween baby)
Whit's DD Sophie, 11-02
Touch of Sunshine's DD Kristen, 11-06
Sagewinna's DD Iris, 11-10
Henry's Mamma's DS Henry, 11-10

and these are all on 11-12:
Sherri's, (3 little monkeys) DD Jessica
twinkletoes DD Monta Rose
Panda's DD Meredith
Elfinbaby's DD Frances

Something must have been in the water that day, lol.

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

Old 10-13-2004, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

OH! and cute pictures Tammi!!

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

Old 10-13-2004, 06:18 PM

OK I haven't posted since I was pregnant, actually I think I did post a birth announcement, but thought I would join back up, there is so much talked about I have trouble keeping up. Matthew is walking and climbing and I am worried he is going to kill himself. My oldest was such a cautious kid, that I am not used to the daredevil personality. I can't believe my "baby" is so big
Old 10-13-2004, 07:51 PM

Hi Brianna! Welcome back!

Jesi fell asleep nursing today for the first time in quite a while. She got a little more than an hour nap - I had to wake her early because I had a conference with Mikayla's teacher. She wakes up so happy though, nothing like her older sisters. I don't wake them unless I absolutely have to - they are THE grumpiest people in the world when they get woken up.
Old 10-13-2004, 09:27 PM

Brianna!
I remember you (especially since we dont have a lot of boys)
So he's walking really well already, huh????
Old 10-14-2004, 12:38 PM

Hi Brianna!

Wow, I can't believe that we have babies turning one- soooo soon!!!!! They aren't babies any more.

Sleep issues are getting better- we now have a routine and go to bed an hour earlier. He still wakes up 10-12 times per night though. : I need some

Oh well- my mood has improved since we have a plan in motion. It has been nice to have some time to myself in the evenings to read or whatever. I was really starting to wig out

I was hoping to go for a walk with DS today- but alas, it is raining, so no walk for me.

Bec- how is Em doing?
Christy- how is the packing?

I'm hoping to get some pics of Evan in his Halloween outfit to post later today..... Bye all
Old 10-14-2004, 12:50 PM

Hi everyone! I, too, am re-introducing myself back. I haven't posted since I was pregnant, and have been following along in these threads since August, so I think I'll get off my butt and post again.

DD is not yet walking, but she learned to climb the stairs all the way to the top sucessfully, and I have to peel her off of them about 23423 times a day. She sleeps through the night, from about 7:00pm until 8:00am, but lately has been waking up around 1:00am for a bottle. She's usually in 18m clothing, and even some size 2! We're currently trying to switch from bottles to sippy cups, during the day.
Old 10-14-2004, 02:11 PM

Hi Star! Welcome! I read your post in diapering - I'd think it would be difficult to hide that you are using cloth - if your mom picks up the baby, she's bound to notice. As for washing, can you take them to the laundrymat for a while? Maybe after your mom sees that dd is more comfy in cloth, has fewer rashes, etc. she might be a bit more giving? Just my 2 cents

Well, I was able to get Danielle to sleep all night last night finally. I gave her some benedryl before bed, followed by a bath and a slathering with lotion. I don't know what worked, but it worked well! Jesi still woke up probably 6 times or so, but since I was able to just roll over and give her a boob, she went right back to sleep, and so did I. I feel so much more rested today.

*warning, long winded story follows*

I had a temper tantrum last night - I was just totally touched and whined out. Dh was absolutely NO help last night at all. He came home and did some work outside, then came in and sat in front of the tv, then went back to work on the computer. The whole time he was listening to me holler at the kids (we're talking serious frustration here) but he did NOTHING to help. The last straw was I went in to clean up the dinner dishes (ever notice how everyone seems to scatter after they are done eating?) I picked up the bowl of beans in one hand, and a spoon that was in the butter in another hand. The spoon from the beans fell out of the bowl and splattered sauce on my shirt - I got mad, threw the spoon with butter towards the sink - smearing butter on the wall behind the sink. That made me MORE mad so I tossed the bowl of beans in the sink (my intention was to just walk away and calm down before I came back) I tossed the beans harder than I wanted and they splattered all over teh kitchen. I had sauce on the floor, wall, stove, counter..... I was almost in tears from frustration by this time and just walked away. I got into it with dh. Mikayla (bless her heart) went in and cleaned the sauce off of the floor, counter, and stove, and dh cleaned the rest of the kitchen. I put the little ones to bed and went to bed myself. Dh was busy, he even cleaned the living room. Sometimes you just need to let it all out I guess because I feel much better now.

OK, back to the babies.....
Old 10-14-2004, 02:24 PM

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Sherri~

I'll post more later...................

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

Old 10-14-2004, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter

sherri~~ My FIL gave me some advice when DH and I got married, "Never complain. Good wives don't complain. They leave subtle hints that they are unhappy, and if the Husband still doesn't get it, you are completely allowed to have a major tyrade to get your point across." LOL. I love that guy. he is so funny. I think you got your point across, huh?

Packing is going well. sage follows me from room to room in her walker, except now she can't get down the hallway b/c of all the boxes, lol. I'm finding alot of junk that I'm throwing away. It's nice to consolidate clutter, lol. Somehow, my baby had 3 trashbags full of 0-3 mos clothes!! (I'm keeping those though, they're just in trash bags to save room.) I was always worried about running out of clothes when she was that little, and apparently I had plenty, lol.

MIL called lastnight, but I'm going to post about that in the IL diary in a couple of mins....

Sage and I are headed to Georgia tomorrow to visit my family before the big move. They don't know yet, so I'm expecting a full-scale assault of "why?" "why?" "why?" and lots of angry things said about DH snatching me away from them

Sage seems to have gotten smarter overnight. She is talking way more, and her babbling is starting to sound more like a real word conversation. She is giggling at more things too, like she is noticing more of the world around her.

Old 10-14-2004, 03:23 PM

Hi Star!!!
Old 10-14-2004, 03:32 PM

Thanks for the welcome, Sherri. Yeah, I you're right - she would notice if she picked her up. I'm blonde and didn't think of that. LOL. I'm thinking about just buying 1 AIO soon, and telling her I'm just "testing" it out. Horrible that I have to do this at my age, eh? Luckily, DD has never had a diaper rash from the disposables. *knock on wood*

Christy, I just love the name Sage, and it's actually in the running for a girls name if I have another girl.
Old 10-14-2004, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~WickidaWitch~
Hi Star!!!
Boy do I feel left out

just playing
Old 10-14-2004, 03:36 PM

Hi Tammi!!
Old 10-14-2004, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~WickidaWitch~
Boy do I feel left out

just playing

Hey, I was busy typing when you posted, and didn't notice until I had submitted that entry. But, I did say hi! LOL I'm on dial up (and blonde), so I'm very slow.
Old 10-14-2004, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunMama
Sleep issues are getting better- we now have a routine and go to bed an hour earlier. He still wakes up 10-12 times per night though. : I need some

Oh well- my mood has improved since we have a plan in motion. It has been nice to have some time to myself in the evenings to read or whatever. I was really starting to wig out
Liz . It will get better. I promise. Just give it some time. But I swear, even if you don't sleep more, having that hour or two in the evening to yourself is golden. That alone has helped me greatly. I don't always do something fun, but its nice to have time to get project type stuff done.
Old 10-14-2004, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter

star~~I love her name too DH picked it. I originally wanted Zoe, but Sage definately fits her.

my future baby's 1st names:

girls~~Jayda, Willow, Starr (currently my dog's name, lol)
boys~~Zachary (Zack for short), Aleksander (Aleks for short), Wolfgang (Wolf or Wolfie for short...I don't know why I like this one so much. My mom said, "he will get teased at school with that name." I said, "hey, another reason to homeschool!" LOL)

Old 10-14-2004, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter

hey since we are all on right now, someone should open a chat room somewhere so we can all talk. I would do it, but i do not have the technological skills, LOL

Old 10-14-2004, 03:59 PM

Christy~ I think I like your FIL :LOL I like the names, well except for Zachary, but that is for personal reasons. Mikayla's sperm donor's name is Zac - I'm not exactly on friendly terms with him since he abandoned us when I was 5 months pg

Liz~ you see what it took for me to get some time to myself - it is much needed and even if you aren't sleeping, the down time will really help keep things on the right track - now if I could only convince dh of that :

I am going to organize the little ones' bedroom while Jesi is sleeping, wish me luck LOL A person could get lost in there! If you don't hear from me for a day or two - send in the search and rescue dogs!!!!
Old 10-14-2004, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

ok, i'm on windows messenger, (or the hotmail mesenger) as panda_girl73

Old 10-14-2004, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy1980
hey since we are all on right now, someone should open a chat room somewhere so we can all talk. I would do it, but i do not have the technological skills, LOL
technoloser here - heaven only knows where we'd end up if I tried it LOL, although it would be better than cleaning a bedroom - I'm SO procrastinating here :LOL
Old 10-14-2004, 04:03 PM

don't laugh - I don't even know where or how to sign up for one of those instant messaging things :
Old 10-14-2004, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

http://messenger.msn.com/

this is the msn one. yahoo has one too, but i don't have it installed at the moment.

Old 10-14-2004, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

ok, sage needs a bath and i have to get the bags ready for our trip tomorrow, but im keeping my messaging thing open

Old 10-14-2004, 04:35 PM

Christy, you and I both have the same taste in girls names! Willow & Star were on my list for my DD when I was pregnant, and I ended up using Jade in her name. LOL

Sherri, I call DD's father "sperm donor" too! :LOL

I'm willing to chat if you ladies are all on I have all the different chat programs and know how to make chatrooms in all them.
Old 10-14-2004, 04:47 PM
bec

Hi to the new/old folks!

OMG Sherri - I had a meltdown last night too! I had had a child on me from 6am until 10:30pm, minus 10 minutes, where I took a shower. And Emily screamed for the entire time, so I didn't exactly enjoy it. At 11pm, Emily started crying again, and dh picked her up. I thought he was going to take her for me, seeing as how I'd had a long day. Instead, he plopped her right on me, and proceeded to go back to sleep. I got up with her, and went into the other room to feed her, so I wouldn't wake Katie (who was in with us by that point), and burst into sobbing, exhausted tears. To his immense credit, dh heard me and came and took Emmy from me so I could get some rest.

Christy - I feel the same about Emily. It's like, all of a sudden, she is a real person, who is interacting with the world around her, rather than a helpless baby with a bucket full of needs!

We took the arm restraints off today! That made a certain baby very happy. She has been very pissed at the concept of my breast and nipple, though. But very pleased to have her bottles back, even if it is with a regular nipple. I figure I'll let her learn how to suck first, while getting her used to the idea that my nipple is not evil.

But honestly, if she never latches on, I think I'm ok with that. While I would love her to nurse, and will do everything I can to ensure it, I feel good about having pumped this long. I can pump for a year, and still have 2-3 months of milk that I've frozen to give her. By 15 months, a lot of babies are self-weaning anyway (maybe she wouldn't have if she had nursed from the beginning, but lots do). She's a bright, active, wonderful baby. I think it will be good enough. It would be nice, though.

Bec

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!

User Tag List