~~*October mama's*~~ - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 446 Old 12-01-2004, 01:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good thing I came here (catching up on the pages since I've been absent since my in-laws arrived, then Thanksgiving). I've never heard about supplementing with Vit D. We live in San Diego, but DD almost never goes outside; mea culpa - being extremely fair-skinned, I'm paranoid about skin cancer - that and she's turned me into a bit of a hermit because it's such an ordeal to go anywhere, but I guess we ought to sit out on the patio if nothing else.

chanale ✡, ❖bibliophile❖ ❇vegan❇ mom to diva (5½)
madly in with spiritwolf, dad to (9) & (5½)
#422 of 446 Old 12-01-2004, 02:17 PM

Piglet, I really, really hope you have a better day today!
I am hoping I do too, although after last night, who knows. It was a long one.
I am still sore from my dr appt yesterday which is making me even more grumpy. And it is raining and cold and I soooo wanted to go for a walk today.
Big nasty old misery cloud seems to have settled on my house. Sigh.

Thumper...what did your father tell you this morning?
If you can't say nuttin nice, don't say nuttin at all.
#423 of 446 Old 12-01-2004, 03:50 PM

Piglet, I hope you have a better day today. s I have definitely had days like that noooo fun.

One thing which might help all of us, us in "Parenting the Fussy Baby and High Need Child" by the Sears, there is a whole chapter on Mother Burnout written by Martha Sears and ways to deal with Mother Burnout and ways to avoid it. It is a great chapter, even if you don't have a high-needs child, I highly reccomend it. That chapter has totally saved me somedays where I just feel like running away. It really talks about the importance of making YOUR needs a priority as well so you are able to take care of your children's need. I re-read bits of it this morning while nursing and it helped turn what started out as a bad mommy day into a good mommy day!

My babies poops have started to turn more green-yellow instead of just yellow so I am going to go back to just nursing on one side for several hours.

Thanks for the info on Vit. D Amie. My dr did write us Rx for it, I am going to see what is in it and then see. I don't think pure Vit d can harm them, although my baby does get at least an hour of sun on her face 3-4x/week, but I don't know if it will get greyer here. Lately we have had at least 2 sunny but cold days a week.

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#424 of 446 Old 12-01-2004, 04:15 PM

Hello
I am worried and wanted some input.. Like drunken teenagers (which we weren't.. drunk that is) DH and I had a little fun the other day..I was 5 1/2 weeks PP and still slightly having some PP discharge.. We didnt' think to use any protection and I thought nothing of it.. Now I am thinking about it and thinking we were dumb dumb dumb.. How likely is it that I ovulated and might get pregnant.. oiy vey!

Chantal
#425 of 446 Old 12-01-2004, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirthfulmum
I guess I'm just going to have to accept that Harrison does not nap well. Every once and a while, like once every week or so, he'll nap for an hour or more. But mostly he just cat naps for 10-20 minutes wakes and fusses falls back asleep again, wakes and fusses... from about noon 'till about 5 or 6. It's very annoying as I spend my afternoons pacing, rocking, and bouncing with him and end up feeling pretty tired and grumpy by dinner time.
I'm sorry Harrison isn't napping well. My DS was that way. It is very tiring.. Hang in there!!
DS is now 3 1/2 and still doesnt' nap.. but he sleeps nearly 12 hours at night..

Chantal
#426 of 446 Old 12-01-2004, 07:07 PM

Chantal, I would only be worried if you had a very early return of fertility with your other two, but if breastfeeding delayed fertility for several months, I doubt it would return that quickly this time.

Since my fertility didn't return until 13 months last time we haven't worried about it and have had sex whenever the mood strikes and the stars all line up with both kids asleep (which is not that often). We would only use nfp anyway, but I haven't even worried about my fertilty returning yet.

#427 of 446 Old 12-01-2004, 08:48 PM

Hi Amelia
My period returned at 9 weeks with DS.. *sigh*

Chantal
#428 of 446 Old 12-01-2004, 09:51 PM

: Are we the only couple who isn't having sex yet??? Mainly, it's logistics. We have 2 kids in the bed and we are still in this teeny apartment with no spare bedroom. So it is the bed with the kids (which dh isn't comfortable with anymore; he thinks dd is too old) or the floor. We haven't decided on a BC yet either....

Levi had his 1mo checkup yesterday....the little piggy gained 3lbs in 3 weeks!!! He is such a chunk!!! He's grown 3 inches too! I feel so proud that he is growing on my milk alone.

Piglet - Don't be so hard on yourself! I've met you and I can see you are a loving, nurturing mama. We all have our rough days. I can totally relate, believe me! Especially the guilt over using the "baby bucket" instead of holding the baby. But your baby is lucky to have a mama who feels badly about occasionally using a seat for him! I see so many children who LIVE in those seats. Putting your babe down briefly throughout the day doesn't make you any less of a wonderful mommy! I'd say more but I'm nak.

Susan - So sorry you are having BFing issues. That must be so frustrating for you. I hope you find a solution that works for you guys.

Letia - I HIGHLY recommend getting a KKAFP! I love mine so much I can't even put it into words. It is wonderful. Levi loves it, too. He spends a lot of his day in it. And hope you are having luck building your small stash...I'm building mine, too. I just got an amazing BBH wool cover from Midday Faire. What is fitting Mik best? We love our PWP smalls, our Kiwi Pie small, and our FCB 0 wool cover, though he is growing out of that! I have two LC1s on their way, I am looking forward to trying those. The size 0s were awesome. Oh, and I agree with everyone else - you and Mik look beautiful in that picture!
#429 of 446 Old 12-01-2004, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chantald
My period returned at 9 weeks with DS.. *sigh*
Oh Chantal, that really sucks. I was going to tell you to relax and not worry about BC as you have a few months of not having to worry about such things but I guess you are just one very fertile woman.

As for DTD with 2 kids sharing the bed... we move them. I know it's a bit of a gamble (one may wake up in the moving process) but we each take a boy and gently move him into the livingroom where we've made them some comfy beds on the floor. 99% of the time they stay asleep and we get the whole bed to ourselves!
#430 of 446 Old 12-02-2004, 12:00 AM

Chantal - I keep reading that the first cycle is usually anovulatory. I hope that's the case with you!

Lucysmama - 3 lbs?! Wow!

I've only DTD 3 times as a parent - 3 wks, 5 wks, & 7 wks PP. With a tiny baby, we don't have to worry about her knowing what's going on, but when she gets older, we do have a guest bedroom we could use. I'm not worried about conceiving (yes, I know it's possible but not bloody likely) with Eliza nursing over 7 hours/day - my breasts are her only pacifier. I had my 6w check-up last week, and I told the midwife I'm just not comfortable with hormonal birth control. We had such a rough start BFing (and still have glitches) that I'm not willing to risk even the minipill on anecdotal evidence.

chanale ✡, ❖bibliophile❖ ❇vegan❇ mom to diva (5½)
madly in with spiritwolf, dad to (9) & (5½)
#431 of 446 Old 12-02-2004, 01:03 AM

Re: DTD...we've attempted it a couple times now and been interrupted by the baby waking up and needing me. I think we're going to try again soon though.

The midwife came for our final 6 wk check up and Zander is 14 lbs, 9 oz. She was just laughing hysterically at all his rolls and double chin.

We also went for our first walk today (better late than never) with a double stroller. Both boys were asleep when we got home.

nak now

will write more later

take care mamas

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#432 of 446 Old 12-02-2004, 01:51 AM

i'm already on a BC pill, mostly to prevent the recurrence of PCOS symptoms. but also i'm terrified of getting pregnant again, i knew this was a one-time thing and i'm pro-choice but i could never end a pregnancy. it's so weird being unable to conceive all those years (11) and now i'm afraid i'll be too fertile :LOL we've DTD once, mostly we just get "intimate" (good word for anything other than actual sex, eh?) any moment Willow falls asleep, my husband calls it "stolen moments"

Willow is blossoming the last few days! she "talks" a lot, i just mimic her right back. i have no idea what she's saying but it's an interesting conversation her smile lights up my whole world! it starts slow and lopsided, spreads to her whole face, then she wiggles her whole body and makes attempts at giggling. she even wrinkled up her nose while smiling today! just like her mama

my husband is feeling down that Willow is showing a strong preference for me. between the c-birth and all those sleeping problems i had, he was her caregiver most of the day the first 2 weeks, she wasn't showing a preference for anyone yet but he was really bonding so well with her, and gained so much confidence from being such a good daddy. now i'm her caregiver all day and night, i keep encouraging him to take care of her so i can take little breaks, but she fusses a lot until she's back to me. this morning she cried practically the whole time he had her, even though he had her in the sling, which she used to love. the moment i took her she stopped crying, then he looked like he was going to cry! i need advice on how dads can bond better with the babes.

treehugger.gif Willow (6) says: "Mother Earth is the mother of all mothers"

angel1.gif Phoenix (6/2011) ♥      print-n-color mandalas >photosmile3.gif

#433 of 446 Old 12-02-2004, 02:41 AM

Meli-
My ds smiles the same way..lopsided to big grin to full body squirm. He laughs in his sleep all the time.

And my dh had trouble bonding with my dd at first, but now she MUCH prefers him. (I know that sounds sad, but I'm ok being second-favorite!) It changed when he started taking over the nighttime feedings (I bottlefed her) and they spent so much time alone, quietly bonding. Pretty soon she would only accept Daddy at night....and when she was awake, she was much more bonded to him than before. Can your dh take over some nighttime feedings so he gets some one-on-one time?
#434 of 446 Old 12-02-2004, 04:21 AM

Re: Vit D conversation....I'm glad that link helped. As for what to ask for...my midwife had told us about a pharmacy that was making some for people so I basically just told my pharmasist that I knew of another making it up for people and could he..just told him we didn't want all the added crap. Meli- you don't have to worry about it since Willow is getting formula, she's already getting it in there.

Piglet- Big hugs That was yesterday so I hope today was much better.

DTD- haven't attempted that yet...maybe we should one of these days :LOL

Mirthfulmum- I'm sorry to hear that Harrison has nap issues...hopefully it will get better as he gets older, or at least you can find a routine that works around it.

Chantal- Yikes...I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys. Chances are you will be fine I think...Irish twins are very rare.

Court- sounds like Zander is doing awesome...we need a cute little piggy icon

Oakley is 5 weeks today. The other night he slept 7hrs straight, and he's been sleeping in until 9:30 or 10 am if left be so I have no complaints in the sleep department He is also starting to give us sweet little smiles Ok enough mommy brag.
#435 of 446 Old 12-02-2004, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirthfulmum
I guess you are just one very fertile woman.

/THAT/ is what I am afraid of.. Oh well.. what will be.. will be.. I will be bighting my nails until I can test.. which I have no idea when.. maybe in 2 weeks?

Funny thing is, we are usually SO careful... but I honestly didn't think it was even an issue yet..

Oh how the tounges will wag if we are...

Chantal
#436 of 446 Old 12-02-2004, 02:15 PM

DTD: only in dh's dreams. I had my 6 week check up the other day and was sore from that for 24 hours! Think I'm letting anything else invade soon? Not a chance!
Father bonding...dd is becoming a mamma's girl I think. She fusses with him and I feel terrible. Can't do night feedings b/c I am strictly bfing. I don't know what to do. I want them to have a good relationship, but also...sometimes I just need a break!!
Bad case of mamma brain today, can't remember anything else...
#437 of 446 Old 12-02-2004, 04:33 PM

Hi mamas!

DTD....poor dh, he is so ready, but we just can't find the time :LOL now that I am 6 wks.pp. We do get an occasional intimate moment, but that is all. I feel pretty badly for him, doesn't make to much difference to me at the moment. I don't think my libido has completely returned. And I need to check out bc or learn nfp because I am very fertile...but that goes without needing to be said

Quinn is 6 weeks old today!!! It goes too fast! And he to is such a chubber...he must be 13-14 lbs. OOOHHHH I just him!!!

Ok...gotta get some things done now that I have a chance.

Chantald....I wish you the best either way!!! My first two are just shy of being Irish twins by a couple weeks and they get along really well!
#438 of 446 Old 12-02-2004, 08:01 PM

HI all....long time no see! Just finally getting caught up here. No DTD here, I'm only 4.5 weeks and the bleeding finally seems to be subsiding. I think it would have been done a couple weeks ago if I hadn't been left alone with the kids 2 on 2 off while DH was away plus Thanksgiving here. But we're getting along. Lillian is doing wonderfully, she is such a good baby I can't complain. We got the results of her ultrasound, and it turns out there is a hole between her ventricles so we have to see a pediatric cardiologist, though the ped says these usually clear up as they get older. They just want a cardio to follow her until it does, which makes sense to me.

Turns out one the reasons DS doesn't sleep through the night is that his first wake up is actually night terrors. Every night he gets up crying around 11-12, but really is not awake. Sometimes he talks nonsense. I finally researched it the other night and found out it was classic of night terrors. So, the past couple nights I have woken him iup briefly at 10:30pm (this is one of the only remedies mentioned across the board) and no night terrors. They say 7 nights of this and they should be gone...here's to hoping! We also remedied the 6:30am waking up for the day by blacking out our window with tinfoil...it is so nice to sleep til 7:30-8 again!

As for daddy bonding, she cries whenever he holds her. It probably doesn't help that he's been gone so much. She is a mama's girl. However, for anyone worried about their own babes and dads, as they get older they bond more. DH is more comfortable with older babies anyway (I think men have an easier time the more the kids can interact).

Fertility -- My period returned when DS was 4 months, despite nursing CONSTANTLY round the clock, so I'm not holding my breath this time. It must be nice to be one of those women who can use breastfeeding as bc! We'll be doing FAM when the time comes though.

Gotta run DS wants to play his pc games!!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#439 of 446 Old 12-02-2004, 08:11 PM

Wow, we sure have a busy thread!!! I love it!I finally have a moment to post. It's easy to read posts and nurse, but sooo hard to reply, isn't it?!

We had our final visit with our midwife yesterday! I'm going to miss our visits! Willow is 12 pounds at 7 weeks old! While we were there I had my pap done and got fitted for a new diaphragm. So nice to have our midwife do this rather than my family dr. (not that we dislike our dr, he's great, but i feel much more comfortable with her doing internals, ya know?)

DTD - Nope!!! Nothing going on her either. I can't imagine even wanting to at the moment. My libido is none existent. Also Willow is almost always in my arms and seems to wake up pretty quickly whenever I do put her down. Hubby's just gonna have to wait!

Letia - loved your picture, you and Mik are so pretty!

Willow also loves being in the sling, I have an old one from when my son was a babe. It is a ring sling. The thing I don't like about it is the bulky shoulder padding. I might make a new sling for us, or I'll buy a mayawrap. I love that guatty fabric! So cool!I also have a babytrekker. It's great too, and much easier on the back and shoulders then a sling, but not as quick to get into. I end up using the sling more often for that reason! I'm thinking that the baby trekker is going to be really handy next summer when we go on hikes though!

We went to the movies with all of our kids a couple of days ago. It was my son's birthday (eight years old!) so we took them to see the incredibles and I was so surprised that Willow slept through the whole thing! I've never gone to see a film with an infant before! thought i'd be standing in the lobby for most of it - the only incident was a hugely loud poo at a rare quiet part in the film, LOL! It was a real blaster!

Sorry to hear that some are experiencing nursing and dairy sensitivity woes. No advice here, but your in my thoughts. Wishing you problem free nursing as soon as possible!

Well, I'm sure I had more to say, but as usual, running out of time. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

kathy::
#440 of 446 Old 12-02-2004, 08:23 PM

re: paternal bonding and prefering mama's arms. I think the fathers are sort of fighting an uphill battle here. I certainly think the men need to be involved in the care from day one, but I also think it's simply natural for babies to want their mamas. In all mammalian species, the female is the caregiver. The males, if they stick around at all, take care of the females. So really our men are fighting Mother Nature on this one. NOT to say they can't be bonded, but it won't be the same type of bond as with mama, and likely baby will prefer mama, especially in times of stress (scared, fussing, etc). It doesn't last long, and they really shouldn't take it personally, though I'm sure it's hard not to! Their bonding will become more apparent as the child gets older, and the investment they make now will definitely pay off!

Well, thanks for the cyberhugs re: our bad day. Yesterday was a great day. Go figure. Like a well-orchestrated dance I managed to get everything done, Emily got three sit-down meals, baby napped appropriately, etc. It was a good day. Today has been pretty good, too. I snapped a bit this afternoon, but DH rescued me. We're both feeling as though we're fighting off colds just around the corner, so maybe my patience reservoir is a bit thin. I'm also thinking that things began to fall apart right when DH came home (he'd been out all day). More and more I'm wishing he would get a job out of the house so I can have the house to myself during the day. It's not that he isnt' a big help, but I just feel like I have a groove going and then it all gets thrown off, y'know? Still haven't heard back from this company he's interviewing with. I sure hope we do soon.

DTD. Yeah right. Count me in with those who aren't getting any. My DH talks about it alot, and I feel bad but what can we do? DD just doesnt' nap anymore, and she's not going to bed until 10 pm now, when Sasha and I go down. Good news is she sleeps in with us, so I don't usually get up until 9 am. But DH is up early (usually around 6:30 to catch the markets opening on the East Coast). And the thing is...while I do miss it, I am quite happy to be focussing on the kids right now and save it for later. I feel kind of guilty saying that, but it's true. It's not that I don't miss it, I just am not stressing about not having it either, kwim? Ah well...it must be those mommy/BFing hormones. I had zero drive after Emily was born, guess I should be happy I at least have some libido, even if I am okay with not being able to use it, lol.

Amy, that's really interesting about the night terrors. So glad you found a potential solution!

Diapers: most of my stash is now listed on the TP. I'm switching over completely to Baby Soft Wraps now. Megan has very kindly agreed to make me a couple of the solid PUL covers, since they are working so well at night for us. I've ordered three more covers and ten more soakers. That should keep us going for a couple of days so I at least don't have to wash dipes every day.

Well, this has been a nice break (Sasha is asleep and Emily is playing with DH). Hugs to all of you!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#441 of 446 Old 12-02-2004, 08:38 PM

:

Thought I'd say something. :LOL

Well! I was looking at a pouch that a mama had on the tp but it sold. I went direct though. She's from outside the city in my state where my mamas side of the family lives! I won't have to worry about a long time shipping! I think she's a diapering WAHM, I thought mamas use her dipes. I didn't know she made slings. Daisy Doodles. Its only $18 for a pouch. I'm getting a simple khaki for me and dh to wear. Won't show too much lint and won't compromise dh's masculinity.

Katie: who besides FM are you buying from? I've got a custom from VK and Tykies I'm waiting on and a new WAHM, who's sig I saw here and had some interesting stuff, WAHM Sampler and had a coupon. She had a cute ladybug dipe for my business partners wife who's due this month and is cding soley for the savings and won't buy herself anything cute so I will. I also had to of course, get myself a silk brocade snowflake print. I'm waiting for Crystal to reopen. Hers are still fitting really nice. I want her to open so bad I picked out the prints yesterday am. :LOL I like the new WAHM Mammamade too. Those fit well on her. Got more fmbg; but, will check her out when she stocks again. Things have been quiet, I wonder who's stocking before Christmas! I need more dipes.

I have a total of 17 dipes, including those I'm waiting on for her now.
How many covers should I have? I have 5, I think?

We had our second appointment yesterday. UNC has a group parenting too. I checked it out. Its nice that two of us CD and all of us cosleep and bf. One mama seems a bit frustrated and wants to move towards more mainstream practices. Its run by the MW I knocked heads with;but, since she delivered me and I got more of my wishes in the hospital than I ever would have, we are allright. She advised CIO though. : I was thinking we were allright until that. And, she's not pushing vaxes. I opted out of the hep B some mamas were getting and we were able to have a dialogue about vaxes different from the doc Mik was seeing. She's 9lbs 14 oz. I was surprised she wasn't 10 at least. I'm getting nervous about smalls....my mamas best friend said you're ordering (she used flats or prefolds though) smalls! She didn't think I needed nb.

DTD: you're kidding right? dh says he's more excited about my appt. The *last* thing on my mind. So NFP girls are yall ok with getting pg again? I *hate * bc. We used natural latex no spermicide condoms when I was waiting for surgery and when I wasn't ready to ttc after I was cleared. We then used FAM for ttc. I don't know....having to think about bc with a nb...I just might have him wear a hat.

Father bonding: well, they do allright. She feeds a lot, so usually if she's crying that's what she wants and he has to bring her back. My LLL leader said to try to get her to feed longer so she'll go longer stretches and then I can get sleep too, which is a concern that has made dh discuss me pumping so he can help. They did good today. Dh is telecommuting for the rest of the week and as a surprise when I came back from washing my hands after a diaper change, dh said he had her and I was able to lay down. I didnt get her and she was allright until I had let down sitting here and I thought I remembered Peggy saying in her new book that when you do and your near your baby feed her. I feel like I need Bfing 101. I can do the mechanics just fine; but, now that she's here I feel like I need more information on how to do it. I should join LLL and get the Womanly Art or check out Peggys book again and read about bfing or something.

Well.....

: eta: she fell asleep with dh and when I fed her she was sleep and latched on and is now sleep beside me, which I'm thankful for so I can have some time to myself. Wow, I don't take that for granted anymore! Am I gonna regret this around midnight when I want to sleep is she gonna be wide open? I've heard a lot about keeping babies up and mama washed my face. That seems cruel to me! Just seems like everyone is all about *their* convenience when it comes to babies. Why have them! Anyway....hope you're having a better day today, Pig! I never told anyone about a couple nights I had. Lets just say once I made the decision to have her in bed it got better.

OK!
#442 of 446 Old 12-02-2004, 10:04 PM

Piglet, you know I didn't even know you could get your hands on Baby Soft Wraps! I have one I got off the TP for DS a while back and loved it, but it was at the time it was impossible to get her stuff. Guess I'm gonna have to try a couple out again now!! DD is probably about 10-11lbs...do you think I should go right for the medium or get a small? ETA: How do you use the covers more than once? Whenever I've tried that with fleece-lined covers, the pee smell is on the cover after one use, 2 max. Also doesn't poo get all over them?

As far as dipes go, I actually have a custom RB order I'm waiting on, I can't wait. Then again I also really hope they fit DD well, I liked them for DS but only have size 2's. I have a sugarpeas I like a lot too (side snap) but I hear lots of people are having quality issues so I'm thinking twice about getting more.

Slings...I LOVE my pouches! I have a New Native (from DS) and a PIP; also a Kissasling (ring-type). DD hates the Kissasling. So I wear the other 2 all the time. I get so many compliments on them!! So many people have never seen any such thing (especially in our moderately small town with all male OB"s....). LOL I had one older woman tell me "they didn't have things like that when I was having babies" and I had to keep my laughs inside my head....aren't slings one of the oldest ways to carry babies around? If you can ever get your hands on a PIP (she has auctions a lot now) I would definitely go for it!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#443 of 446 Old 12-02-2004, 10:24 PM

regarding daddies bonding with babies, I just wanted to second what everyone else said, I think daddies tend to bond more as babies get older. When Heidi was a baby, she was a total mama's girl and only wanted mama, even when we were both home, I did most of her care and holding her. However, once she got older and able play more and be more interactive she bonded much more with DH. Now, she is a total daddy's girl, and runs to the door screaming "DAAADDDYYYY" everytime he comes home. He puts her to bed more than 50% of the time. We usually start out the night with me sleeping with Greta in the Master bedroom, Heidi sleeping in her room and DH falling asleep watching a movie on the futon in the living room. If Heidi wakes up at night, I would say that at least 60% of the time she goes in by DH and sleeps with him the rest of the night.

#444 of 446 Old 12-03-2004, 12:33 AM - Thread Starter

AMy, Miles used to have night terrors! They were so intense! He would have them if he was operating on sleep deficit mode!
#445 of 446 Old 12-03-2004, 12:51 AM

momadance - It's crazy isn't it? He doesn't seem to be having horrifying dreams, but he is crying most of the time and talks about things that don't make sense. One night we were searching his room for the "green bear". Most nights, he is up briefly and I lay him down and he goes right back to sleep...others it is a 10-20 minute ordeal until he settles again. I read about it happening when kids are overtired, but it happens almost every night, regardless of how much sleep he has had. I guess it's possible he never gets quite enough sleep, but even trying to get him to bed early and nap didn't seem to make a difference (at least it seems so, I wasn't keeping track back then). He hasn't been napping the past week or so bc I'm trying to get him to bed earlier instead but they didn't just start. It's a pretty weird thing. I've read it can be hereditary...I'll have to ask MIL if DH did anything similar. Did Miles's just go away on their own or did you do anything? (though I guess maybe you just made sure he had enough sleep...)

#446 of 446 Old 12-03-2004, 03:34 AM

Since it's a new month and all I thought I'd take the liberty to start us a new thread. Come on over and join me New October Babies Thread

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page