~~*October mama's*~~ - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-03-2004, 11:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is nice. The apt is quiet. Except the traffic guy on tv in the background, which dh (he's back to dear now ) doesn't have to negotiate today or for many days to come. He's in the bed after doing the nightime parenting save the nursing and am I soooooooooo glad that the LLL leader told me to learn lying down and I asked the LC at the hosp to teach me! He'd bring her in and I was soooooooo out of it and I'd nurse her and then he'd bring her in when it was time again. The last nursing dh woke me and I was alert and then stayed up and took a herbal bath. woooooooooooow...my tail. Its been a week....I looked at her and tried to think about what was happening this day last week. I think its a bit therapeutic as you look at the one you love and think about the events surrounding h/h arrival. The whole change in plans and everything I didn't want I had--cept the c/s; but, if I didn't get her out since she wasn't tolerating pushing and had to have O2 and then they put an electrode on her head they woulda! I got a serious urge tho and there she came. The dipes I tossed in before bed are turning in the dryer and I realize that I might not be far off in the bed with my babies.

Kathy? was that you? we have babes born on the same day!

Carrie and Katie, I thought of yall as I was in the tub. I'm sooooooooo thrilled Carrie that you have a girl. I was hoping you would.

Katie, I'm the fact you have a boy! : I got your girl and you got my boy....well, we got exactly the child we needed. I am sooooooo thankful that I have a girl. I knew that I was to be the mama of a girl at *some * point. She just fits right in and dh is sooooooooo in love with her.

I think I'm gonna check my email and I need to get a pouch in here. The hotslings that my friend sent me are too small for us. :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2004, 12:04 PM

letia, you sound so blissed out !!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

Old 11-03-2004, 12:54 PM

Carrie, I love your new user name - 3bees1flower... that is so cute.

Congrats to those NIP, we have been pretty much NIP from the start. I think I have lost all sense of modesty when it comes to my breasts. To tell you the truth, I don't even realize that other people consider it a private part anymore, I am so used to it always being exposed with a baby on it. :LOL

Amie, glad things are going so well for you!!

I think I may be in the avoiding dairy club... since Greta was born she has had two fussy nights. The second night after she was born she was really fussy and crying for 1 1/2 hours in the hospital. I had also eaten ice cream that day. Than last night she had a period of about 45 minutes where she was really fussy and crying and inconsolable. And, I had eaten more ice cream that day and the night before. So, I am hoping that I can head off any type of colicky thing by avoiding ice cream and going light on the dairy. I have eaten little bits of cheese without it bothering her, but it does seem as though both inconsolable fussy periods came shortly after eating ice cream..
Kathy, sorry about the colds... I hope you all feel better soon.

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

Old 11-03-2004, 01:47 PM

Thanks, Amelia. i didn't know if that sounded dumb or not. i just couldn't think of anything unique.

Ella slept so good last. she had been having trouble settling down and staying asleep at night, but once she got to sleep she would sleep 4-5 hrs. last night and the night and the night before she went right down at 11 and stayed asleep. last night, tho, she went to bed at 11. i heard her gunting around and figured it must be 1 or 2 or someting like that...it was 4:00!! i couldn't believe it! *I* even slept hard for that long. i haven't slept like that in months and months! she ate and then i had to wake her at 8 lest my right boob explode! she's like my other kids and only eats on one side per feeding. she's sleeping agin now after being up an hour. we may be on our way to a somewhat routine. but who knows.

good for you Katie for NIP! i too have never given it a thought to NIP. if they need it, they need it, ya know!
Old 11-03-2004, 02:10 PM

Where do I start. Add us to the avoiding dairy group. I haven't had much the past two days and she has been doing better. I will wait today out and tonight and try some milk tomorrow and see what that does to her. If she gets fussy, then I guess it's no milk etc for me. (I love love love my cheese!!!!).
We seem to have thrush. That would explain the pain in my boobs and her latching on and off so frequently. So, tonight when dh gets home, we'll be heading out for some acidopholus and grapefruit seed extract. I will start with some vinegar as soon as I get off this stinking computer! Hopefully that will bring some relief. We do have a dr appt next Friday, but who wants to wait that long? Not I and not Emily!
PKU...I wanted to have the dr do it at her appt. But, can you believe that the peds in this area aren't not accustomed to doing it? The nurses in the hospital normally do it. So, I could have waited and had someone who isn't used to doing it, do it, or have someone who does it all the time do it in the hospital. So, we just had it done. Actually turned out to be a good thing since the dr appt ended up getting canceled b/c the ped had an emergency and had to get up to the hospital. (I was told this after waiting 25 minutes in the large waiting room filled with people with my 6 day old baby!)
And....when I said I wanted the liquid vit k, my dr said he never heard of it! How ^^*(^*% is that?
I can't believe how big she is getting! Her clothes which were large when we came home are starting to fit. Her hair is getting so long as well.
Well, someone is starting to smack her lips...
Old 11-03-2004, 03:22 PM

holdin just nursed babe

pku--my mw just called. shes warms the heel. i stand and latch her and her heel hangs down. shes good (mw) she gets it once. she'll come at 4. gotta love come 2 u.

dr. call back i'm considerin some smooth move tea....
Old 11-03-2004, 04:13 PM

We had a good night last night, thanks to my BabySoftWraps diapers. I feel like singing their praises from the rooftops, but don't want the MDC hyena's to make them impossible to get!! Sasha eats about every 2 to 3 hours during the night, and I always had to change him b/c his diapers were sopping wet. But these ones are so absorbant I was able to stay in bed for feed #2, just nursed sidelying (we're finally getting that down), so we were only up twice, once at 1:30 and again at 5:30. Then slept until 8:30. I feel rested!

I can't believe Sasha is already outgrowing his newborn diapers, and fitting into ones I thought were huge! Gonna be putting some up for sale soon on TP.

PKU: we had it done in hospital. It sucked. Even my mother was hovering - it was sweet to see her so concerned. I said "geez, this is hard enough to watch - how does any mother get through a circumcision?!!". I nursed him as soon as it was over, poor dear. Wish I'd had the option of nursing through it, they sort of caught me off guard.

amelia - feel the same way about nip...keep forgetting they are considered sexual - they're just food to me, lol.

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

Old 11-03-2004, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter

Anyone else's wee one seem not able to sleep without a boob in their mouth?! Yikes! OVerwhelmed today!
Old 11-03-2004, 05:55 PM

Hey there mamas. Finally made it to this thread! I've got my little lady bug in a sling- my first time and I feel so weird. She is all smushed down, although completely content.
This babe is such a good one. We are finally getting through this first week of nursing. I cannot believe how humongus my boobs get when they are engorged!! I am normally an A but this was just plain crazy .
It just makes me so happy to hold her and smell her an know she is mine. If you think your 4 year olds look big, my oldest is going to be 10- the big double digit- next week and I can't believe that she was ever this small. Actually, she looked exactly like this one. Dd1 has been so great with her new little sis. She changed her diaper, well three diapers, this morning, gave her a sponge bath and dressed her. She was so nervous about this birth that I am so happy to see her eyes so bright and shiny again. Ds just thinks his new sis is the best and always comes over to give her kisses and pat her soft hair. I knew it was going to be good, but it just feels so great to have this great family
I give congrats to those of you that have NIP. I am still uncomfortable with it but hey they are just food aren't they??
Sending out long nap vibes to all those that need it!

Stacey- WOHM and wife to Jesse- : Athena , Huckleberry : Fiona : Shillelagh : and Calliope
Old 11-03-2004, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter

Added some pics to yahoo. About the feeling overwhelmed... I just feel bad always telling Miles, "Yes in a minute" it seems like Reed will only sleep in arms, or at boob. Which is tuff having another child who still needs me as well...

Ah well, in the words of Dr. Seuss "step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a great balancing act. Just never forget to be dextrous and deft. And NEVER mix up your right foot with your left..."
Old 11-03-2004, 07:59 PM

add me to the no dairy club, altho today will be the first day so I don't expect to see results yet. *sniff* i miss ice cream already...

I'be been NIP from the start too (lovin' my GlamorMom knock offs, tee hee, it's great not having my belly hanging out!) ... although apparently our neighbors across the street aren't really happy w/ me just whipping it out It makes me sad, b/c we really like them and our kids spend a lot of time playing together ... but I feel like I should be respectful when we're in their space, or shared space (ie, the cul-de-sac where our kids ride the bikes). I feel dumb, actually, b/c they've been giving me hints from the start ("Do you have a pump? I always pumped and gave our babies bottles when we went out in public. You're welcome to use it if you want...") Well, yesterday I was sitting at their picnic table at the end of their driveway while the kids played on their swingset. Noah woke up hungry, so I started nursing ... and 5 minutes later the husband asks ... "All clear?" ... I was like, huh? And then realized that he was asking his wife if I was done, and he didn't want to come over 'till I was. *sigh* I guess I'll walk back back across the street to our house to nurse in the future

Whoops, guess that came off as more of a rant ... sorry! I'm really not angry ... just sad that people that I know are kind and loving parents feel that way about nursing ... esp. knowing that she nursed her own kids.
Old 11-03-2004, 10:42 PM

Well....dd has no clotting problems....the skipping the vit K was not a big deal...

She has fat feet tho and my mw had to prick her twice. Then she went to the other heel b/c she wasn't getting the circles filled and used a bigger lancet. Mik let out a scream and turned red. I started to cry. If I *ever* hear that scream again it will be too soon.

After trying all day, I'm glad to report (and I'm *sure* yall are glad to know! :LOL) I made a stinky! Although I need to make some ointment on the hemerrhoid named Mikayla. I was getting nervous. I used the colace b/c my doc wasn't sure about the Smooth Move tea. I also took my alfalfa today, which if I had been doing there wouldn't have been this problem.

don't do that again.

feeling like a happy person. wondering if I need to pull out the ice pack for my parts. never knew that some glycerin breast pads and an ice pack on my tail would make me so happy.

This time last week I was in transition....and I asked for something and the practice mw (the one who called me fat back in the day) said music?
me: drugs
everybody: are you sure? are you sure?
me: don't play with me!

we had a discussion on nubaine and my tail hurt me so bad I needed to escape the pain and I was on that pit. : and I couldn't get in the tub which I'm sure I wouldn't have asked for it....

We have two babies celebrating their first week today

(and my stinky :LOL )
Old 11-03-2004, 10:54 PM

christine your neighbour's suck! you stick with it - sad to think the message theY are sending the kids

Old 11-03-2004, 11:40 PM

Made it over to this board! Well, we seem to be just about completely recovered from the mastitis! Yay! I wore a bra for the first time today! It feels so good to finally be able to leave the house... thank goodness! But then, once I'm outside, I just want to go home so I can cuddle with Jillian.

Jillian latches on perfectly at night by herself, which is so wonderful. But, some nights, I still get up and nurse her in the glider since one side is still healing from being cracked. We're sleeping very well! She typically is up from 5PM - 9PM, and then falls asleep for 5 hours, then is up every 2-3 hrs after that until 9AM or so. That first stretch is so nice! I also try to nap with her every afternoon. We feel so lucky. But, should I leave her w/o changing her for 5 hrs???

Has anyone tried Lansinoh for diaper rash? I thought I heard it somewhere... her bottom was fine until I put some kissaluvs diaper lotion potion - then she came down with a small rash... guess I'll just stick with water.

Can't wait to try the sling. Nipple soreness/mastitis has prevented wearing her so far. We have a OTSBH knock off that a friend made for me and a kangaroo ... forget the exact name, but the fleece pouch. Oooooo, can hardly wait!
Old 11-04-2004, 01:13 AM

Letia...it's Oakley that shares his B-day with Mikayla Happy one week old

Bluehalo- That's crummy, you'd think esp. since they'd BTDT they'd be a cool about it. : I don't think I'd change my behavior on account of someone else, they also have the option of going home...but it does sound like you value the friendship so maybe your way is best.

I haven't given Dh his due...he has been so awesome While I was being tended to after the delivery (which I am feeling much better about, lovely thing that mothers amnesia isn't it...hope I didn't offend anyone with my story)...anyway, Dh took off his shirt so Oakley could have skin-to-skin with him and they have been bonded eversince...with Ember he has always been supportive of my AP but hasn't really been doing it himself, besides co-sleeping, KWIM? Now when he wakes up in the morning he takes Oakley out of bed with him and they snuggle on the couch...it's so sweet. Ember snuggles more with Dh too now that Mommy sometimes has her hands full. Dh has also been the cook, done the laundry and cleaned the house....it helps that he is home all day of course Just had to put that little plug in for him

Funny, all those questions we had before hand about the babymoon...it turns out we have been having a pretty great one. We've actually had days go by without any visitors, and the days we have had it's usually only brief. My friends seem to be waiting for me to call them, I've talked to them all once but they aren't calling. I went out today for the first time (well yesterday was technically but that was just to see the MW) but I didn't really feel ready, it was nice to show him off a bit but I was too worried about catching bugs...so I think I will go back into hibernation mode for a few days. It's been nice I do plan on taking Oakley to visit his great-grandma tomorrow but that will be a nice quiet outing. Ember's birthday is on Sat and then there is a shower for us on Sun. so I am gonna be busy enough this weekend that I want to keep things quiet until then.

Our sleep situation, which had been a worry is going really well. I finally won DH over and got Ember's twin bed beside ours even though it renders some of our furniture useless and takes up our whole room (and we have to have it along the wall with the electric baseboard heater so it sticks out a foot from the wall). Because her bed is a bit lower than ours I know she won't roll up onto us so I can either have Oakley between me and Dh in the bed or beside me where I know he can't get hurt from rolling off, not that he would cuz my arm is around him. It's been working beautifully because I start Oakley off in the middle and I can snuggle Ember until she is asleep and then after feeding Oakley on that side I switch him to the otherside for my next feeding. All four of us are hitting the sack each night about 9:30 and I usually just feed Oakley twice through the night and once again early in the morning and then the last few mornings like I said Dh takes Oakley to the livingroom and I snuggle with Ember until she wakes up about 8....so I am feeling well rested.

Sorry to hear about all the milk intolerances...I am not a huge milk drinker but I would still find it very hard to eliminate dairy.

I've been using disposables and am almost thru with them ( just bought one pack of NB to use because all my covers are smalls not NB), but I tried an infant prefold on Oakley the other day and he totally swam in it! I was afraid of his cord getting wet wearing it but now that it's fallen off I want to try them again, so tomorrow should be the day for that. I have also had trouble with my hotsling... I only tried it once and by myself, I think I need Dh's assistance to figure out how to get Oakley in. It seemed so tight, I really hope it is not too small

Anyway, enough about me....Carrie, I am glad that you put your old user name in your sig...I was confused because I didn't really know your boys' names, just that you had 3 of them :LOL I like the new name, it's very unique
Old 11-04-2004, 02:50 AM

Is anyone else night sweating? I wake up completely drenched each morning. I'd heard of it before, but didn't expect it this late (i'm 2 wks postpartum). Hmmmm.....
Old 11-04-2004, 02:56 AM

Letia - :LOL Congrats on your bathroom news! I was a bit terrified after my c/s to have one, but it wasn't that bad. Did I miss your birth story somewhere, or have you not posted it yet?

Amie - that's great that your dh has been so supportive!

Christine - : about your neighbor! Good luck!

Levi had his well-baby exam today! My little milk piggy gained a full POUND in the last 5 days! He eats non-stop, I swear! I took both kids there by myself, and it was SO HARD! I am not up for that yet.

Is anyone else dealing with cluster-feeding? He will eat 3-4 hours straight, and then sleep for 3-4 hours. My nipples are feeling a bit Bar-B-Qued from those hours of nursing straight.

A couple MDC mamas dropped by today and brought me food and company and toddlers to play with Lucy.
Old 11-04-2004, 10:47 AM

Wow, you all are still so chatty, I find it hard to keep up.

Amie, I am glad your dh is so supportive, that is wonderful. I must confess I used disposables in the beginning too. I only have 2 newborn covers, the rest are all smalls, and I was waiting until the cord fell off to use my cloth. Plus, we got tons of sposies from the hospital. They gave us like 3 packs, so that lasted awhile

Christine, sorry about your neighbor. It is sad that some people just don't accept NIP as normal.

Mandi, I have used Lansinoh for diaper rash. It really does work well.

Piglet, Letia, Katie, everyone else, glad things seem to be going so well.

Regarding going out alone with two of them, I have done that successfully for the past week or so, and I have to say that my Kozy is invaluable. I love, love, love it. When I put Greta in my Kozy, she is so secure and sleeps so soundly. I really do have both hands free, it is just like being pregnant again. I can't reccomend enought that you find a truely "hands free" sling/wrap to use. I never found a true sling to be really hands free, but with my Kozy or hand-made wraps they really are. I can even pick up Heidi when Greta is in the Kozy if necessary. I tried going out once last night without the Kozy, I had to stop in the store for just one item and Greta was sleeping in the carseat, so I thought I would try to just take the carseat in and put it in the cart. Total disaster!! Greta woke up and started fussing, so I had to pick her up. Then she was crying when I put her back in the seat and while I was trying to strap her in Heidi ran off and almost ran into the parking lot and I couldn't just leave Greta to run after her, but I yelled and she stopped and came back just in time. It was awful. I will never, never go out with both kids again without Greta in the Kozy or wrap, it makes things so much easier, and having both hands free helps a ton, so I can grab Heidi and really watch her. Plus, Greta sleeps well in the Kozy and doesn't fuss or ask to nurse much when she is in it.

I have also limited Heidi's nursing to just 3 times a day, which is a major cutback for her. It just was really resenting nursing her, and it wasn't good for our relationship. So, that has been tought, but good as well. I think I am spending more time reading and playing with her now that she isn't nursing so much.

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

Old 11-04-2004, 12:11 PM

holdin just nursed babe and have flame on right nipple

my mw says (10 kids) she doesnt limit foods. she takes colic tablets. i'm sure they're the homoeos. sounds good to me!

oakley.....now i'll remember..... maybe

today i no forget to take my alfalfao i dont take coacle with dyes and pg

katie: no story.....u? i need to ask what happened. :LOL my pri mw is gone for a death. my doula and i said we would talk tho.

ok...
Old 11-04-2004, 12:13 PM

Just have a sec...but wanted to say Mandi I remember having wicked nightsweats with DS, and they were around 2wks pp. It'll pass! I used to start out sleeping on a towel so I could have a dry place to lie when I woke up drenched.

Loving Lillian....such a good baby. So precious!!! I can't believe I have a little girl!! But man my boobs are so engorged (she's a tough eater, I have to strip her to keep her awake long enough) I don't remember it being this bad with DS. My 38D is too tight!! Hopefully it will pass soon!!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
Old 11-04-2004, 12:54 PM

amelia, hd a similarly horrible experience one day when dd ran out into the street. from now on when i'm out with both kids she does not leave the stroller unless there's nothing for miles around that she can run into. she's in this phase wheree she thinks being chased is a game and won't stop when i yell (used to work cuz i rarely yell).

Old 11-04-2004, 01:38 PM

:LOL at wannabmommie's "stinkie" :LOL

Willow has gained up to 6lbs 7.5oz, the lil boob-hound we're settling into a pattern, she cluster nurses in the mornings and a short time in the evenings, and she sleeps pretty predictably. i'm still not getting more than 3 hours sleep total per day but the meds are helping me handle it better. a friend is staying with us for a few days, i laid and relaxed quite a bit this morning, it was very healing! my incision had started to get really sore from being up and about so much every day i think. my husband and i were in the same bed for 5 hours! i couldn't fall back asleep but it was SO nice that we didn't have to do a total split shift.

Willow turned over on her side this morning! the first time i thought it was a fluke, but she did it again. i take her in the bathroom with me if she's awake and she lies in front of my feet, i prop up a colorful catalog with pics of babies in Halloween costumes next to her and she gazes at the bright colors ... this morning, she turned her head and her body followed! i put her on her back again, and she did it again right away yesterday were her first "real" smiles, she was staring at me while i sang a certain song and she smiled, and then she did it twice more, each time when i started the song again. wow she has a gorgeous smile!!

we got a $ gift from his sister so i'm figuring out if we can afford to cloth diaper the laundry is in the basement 2 floors down, i can't get there myself because of the way the stairs are, but my husband said he's so sick of buying sposies that he won't mind the laundry! the initial outlay for the CDs is big but then again the overall cost of sposies is going to be huge. but i have no idea where to start! there are too many choices :LOL

treehugger.gif Willow (6) says: "Mother Earth is the mother of all mothers"

angel1.gif Phoenix (6/2011) ♥      print-n-color mandalas >photosmile3.gif

Old 11-04-2004, 01:39 PM

Letia -

Nope, I don't have a story yet, either. I am still trying to piece together what happened on which day. My MW is going to send me her notes, so that should help. I remember the hospital very well, but before that it is kind of a blur.

My Levi slept SO WELL last night! I brought him to bed around 1:30 am and he slept till 10:00am! He got up just once to eat a bit around 5 and right back down! I feel great!
Old 11-04-2004, 01:54 PM

We've got some seriously growing babes around here! Noah gained a pound and 5 oz. his first week, and 15 ounces the 2nd week. I can't believe I have a 12 pounder already! Yikes!

Someone asked about diapers a while back ... I use XS FuzziBunz overnight and when going out. Around the house, I like to keep him in either a fitted or snappi-ed prefold w/ no cover. Most of the wool longies I crocheted for him can't stand up to his seriously heavy wetting Ethan was not a heavy wetter, esp. this early, so I chose to crochet w/ thinner, but super-soft wool, and it's just not cutting it re: keeping us dry. I'd try to slightly felt them, but then I'm thinking they'll be too small. I tried a regular infant prefold in a "bikini twist" fold on Noah today, and was shocked that it wasn't too huge. I had been using preemie and nb prefolds, but man does he soak through those fast. I remember Ethan *swimming* in the infant prefolds for what seemed like the longest time. Wild, this big babe o' mine...

Noah also has periods of the day where he cluster feeds ... most often mid to early evening (you know, right when I'm trying to get dinner put together, of course). *lol*. I think nearly every night this week DH has come home to find dinner half in-process with me on the couch w/ N. stuck to the boob. Fortunately, he has no problem jumping in and picking up where I left off and getting the rest of the meal prepared. He's been really wonderful

Yeah, it does suck about my neighbors ... but like someone (I'm sorry, I can't remember who and it's on the previous page so I can't double check) I do want to maintain good relations with them. I don't feel right doing something that I know makes them uncomfortable in *their* yard, yk? The "shared space" ... well, ordinarily I would say f*** it and whip it out ... but I think in this case it's more important to preserve our relationship. *sigh*
Old 11-04-2004, 09:28 PM

Hi all!

Phew I feel like I've got some serious catching up to do. I have been pretty busy the last few days. My grandpa was in the hospital for pnemonia so my mom came down again to help care for him. But her whole trip turned into a big ol' family feud (not including me this time fortunately). My uncle (who I am in mo way close to) and my mom do not get along and the stress of my grandpa's illness seemed to just trigger a huge blowout between the 2 of them. Anyway, long story short, mom ended up staying with me for the last 5 days and she's been keeping me pretty busy.

Boy the time really does fly by... I can't believe that Oakley and Mikayla are already a week old. And somehow 4 weeks have gone by since Harrison was born!!! I just can't belive how huge he's getting. I had to go shopping yesterday for new onsies and a few new footie PJs as Harrison at 4 weeks old is already in 3 to 6 month clothing. I am trying so hard to just relax and enjoy the precious moments that I have with my children when they're still so young but with the speed they keep growing and changing (esp. Harrison, he's a new baby everyday) I just can't seem to keep up. Already Harrison seems to be becomming more and mroe aware of his surroundings. I was nursing him yesterday afternoon after a long nap and he pulled off and turned to look at me. He made eye contact with me and really smilled and it was the first time that I really felt like he knew who I was. It was as though we were truly seeing each other for the first time. It was wonderful!

Well speaking of, I'm hearing little piggy noises emminating from the basinet behind me so that'd be my que to go. Hopefully I'll still get some thread surfing/posting done while NAK.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:57 PM

I know what you guys mean about them growing so fast. I'm so bittersweet about it all...I love that he's filling out and growing and doing so well on his mama's milk, but I'm already feeling like it's all going by too fast! This is my last newborn and I want to just soak it all up. Sometimes I just stare at him and wish I could capture these moments forever. Damn, I've been really hormonal lately, crying at the drop of a hat. Not in a sad way but in a sentimental way...

My weight loss seems to have stopped already, and I'm pretty darned bummed about it. I've only lost about 13 - 15 lbs and have 20 to go. I was really expecting the initial "drop like a rock" phase would last longer. But then, I was indulging in an awful lot of chocolate lately. Soooo, I've cut down majorly on the sweets and snacking, and I've made an effort to go walking as often as possible. Slinging a baby while pushing a toddler is damn good exercise, especially if there's a hill involved. I was power walking yesterday with the kids and it felt really good to use those muscles. I just keep looking at my closet full of pre-pregnancy clothes with longing. But it looks like I'm going to have to give in and hit a cheap clothing store for some "in between" clothes. At least a pair of jeans. Right now I have two pairs of pants that fit, and one are khaki's - not really appropriate for this weather. Then I have a pair of sweat pants for lounging at home. And seriously, that's it for pants. So some shopping is definitely in order.

So, I dunno about you ladies, but I've been making a real effort to look half decent these days when I go out, and to GET out as often as I can. When I am still in jammies by noon or so, it makes my whole day seem sour. I actually get depressed, I can feel it in my whole body. When I make the effort to get up at a reasonable hour, get showered and dressed, it helps alot. Today a woman in the store commented on how I was looking nice and out of the house with a 4 week old. I said "hey, it's a matter of survival", but the compliment was nice. Anyways, the whole point of this is not to brag about how good I look (with 20 lbs to lose I sure don't feel that way, lol) but to say that my mental health is really good when I do this. I even found time to dye my hair yesterday and rid myself of the grey roots showing up. So if any of you, especially you first time moms, are feeling twinges of depression, my advice is to put those earrings in, wash and style that hair, put on a pair of coordinating tops and bottoms, and get out there - even if it's just hauling the kidlet to the grocery store! I can't tell you what a difference it makes in the whole tone of my day!

Geez, look how I ramble when I finally have two hands to type with!!

Old 11-04-2004, 10:11 PM

Oh Piglet I totally agree. Yesterday I fit into Dh's pants for the first time and I went to the salon to get my hair cut (my mom held and paced with Harrison at the salon and he didn't make one grumpy noise the whole time). So I was out and about, in a pair of REAL jeans, no elastic waist, and a freshly styled doo. And let me tell you that was the best I'd felt about myself in a long time. I actually felt like me again. Not just Alias and Harrison's mom.
Old 11-05-2004, 01:07 PM

Help! Anyone know of some cute non-dorky nursing tops. I've been eyeballign the Glamourmom ones but I don't think I can afford more than one. Any good ones that are like the Glamourmom ones but a bit more affordable?

Tara is all over her Jaundice it went away quickly. Liam is loving his little sister. He calls her baby and wants to hold her and kiss her. It's so sweet. I love havign them in bed with me. It's so nice to have each dumpling on each side.

I'm finally feeling more confident in my abaility to have 2 kis. Although my discipline with Liam isn't so good. I have to work on that some more now I fell better physcially. I think I'll take them for a walk today.

I'm so blissed out on the hormones it's fun! Glad to hear we are welcoming the last few babies. Can't wait to hear the last ones!

Well i have to go liam is getting into something.

CArrie
Old 11-05-2004, 01:19 PM

Carrie, Target carries Glamourmom nursing cami knock-offs ... their sizing seems kind of wacky (I'm wearing an XLG, and am usually a medium in shirts, but whatever *lol*) ... but I've been happy w/ it so far. I like it b/c I can wear my normal clothes to nurse in and not bare my belly when tugging my shirt up. For regular nursing clothes, I like Expressiva (i think it's http://www.expressiva.com ) ... I've been happy w/ their quality and customer service.

So glad Tara's jaundice is cleared up ... Noah's has too, such a relief after spending several nights under the bili lights w/ Ethan. That was no fun.
Old 11-05-2004, 01:41 PM

Glad everyone seems to be doing so well. I am still feeling quite sleep deprived and not really with it. And my body still can't (won't) handle me doing too much at once. Em hasn't established routines yet! She was great for a couple of nights, then last night all she wanted to do was be attached to my boob (not even really eating). If we fell asleep and she popped off, she'd wake up rooting around and wake me up. Sigh. And joy, lucky me, we have company coming tonight.
Thrush is still raging. I couldn't find any gfse the other night. I thought of one more place in town that MIGHT have it, need to call and check. If they don't I either will have to order it online and pay for fast shipping or break down for the lotramin junk.
Dh is funny, funny. We were talking about whether we should cook dinner for the company or take them out and we were talking about taking them out and dh was like "what if she gets hungry?" I said "I'll feed her" I think he's still a little reluctant about me nip. Hey, they're my boobs! And I have been walking around with my bra flaps open so they can air dry and he says "how come you never walked around like that before?" : men
well, reduced to one handed now...no patience for it atm....

User Tag List