Nov/Dec 2003 November Thread! Our babies are turning One! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-14-2004, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Julie-
Beautiful babies!
Stacy-
I bet we'll all have the tree problem soon enough! Were gonna do our tree after Thanksgiving as always. Plus I wouldn't want it up for the party. I can just imagine how many ornaments would get broken.
I ordered the rolie polie stuff for Angelica's party last night and took a picture of Jonathan's Rolie toys to be scanned and put on her cake.
Don't know what i'll get her for her birthday yet.
Don't have a car so I cant go out anyway!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2004, 09:17 PM

I hope you all don't mind me posting here, I don't want to make you sad but maybe just for a moment I can pretend to be a normal momma and pretend to plan my daughter's first birthday party. A big pink rose cake and a pretty pink dress and family and friends surrounding us and celebrating not only my daughters first year of life but also my first year as a momma. I know I don't have to tell you, but please give your little ones an extra hug today, and don't ever take for granted what a miracle you have.
Gossamer

Before you were conceived, I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were a minute old, I would have died for you. That is the miracle of life. ~Maureen Hawkins~
Old 11-14-2004, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer
just for a moment I can pretend to be a normal momma and pretend to plan my daughter's first birthday party. A big pink rose cake and a pretty pink dress and family and friends surrounding us and celebrating not only my daughters first year of life but also my first year as a momma. I know I don't have to tell you, but please give your little ones an extra hug today, and don't ever take for granted what a miracle you have.
Gossamer

I'm gonna go give my oreo cookie faced baby a big hug right now.
Old 11-14-2004, 10:21 PM

Oh Gossamer I know you don't know of me but I have followed your story since I joined back in August. I know I don't speak for myself when I say of course we don't mind if you post here. YOU BELONG HERE TOO! You are and will always be a NOV/Dec Mama no matter what. Just so happens your sweet little angel is in a far better place than here....Please find comfort here and post more if you feel up to it.
Old 11-14-2004, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3cutekids
Oh Gossamer I know you don't know of me but I have followed your story since I joined back in August. I know I don't speak for myself when I say of course we don't mind if you post here. YOU BELONG HERE TOO! You are and will always be a NOV/Dec Mama no matter what. Just so happens your sweet little angel is in a far better place than here....Please find comfort here and post more if you feel up to it.
ITA!

we miss you!

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

Old 11-14-2004, 11:42 PM

Mary turned one last Tuesday, the 9th, and we had her party today. We invited family and friends over, and had tea and some "tea" sandwiches and light salads and a couple of little desserts. It was YUM! Mary took some real steps today, so I am overjoyed.
Old 11-15-2004, 12:42 AM

*waves* Hi Desiree!! Woo hoo, go Mary!!

gossamer, I agree with what Stacey said!

Ack, the kidlet has taken off up the stairs. i must run for now!
Old 11-15-2004, 12:42 AM

Thank you everyone for welcoming me. I always feel like I am still a part of the Nov/Dec club. Although she was born in July, Mary Rose is always a November baby to me along with all of your November babies. I love seeing how your babies have grown and then I pretend Mary Rose would be doing the same things. Thank you again for being so open and so compassionate to me.
Gossamer

Before you were conceived, I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were a minute old, I would have died for you. That is the miracle of life. ~Maureen Hawkins~
Old 11-15-2004, 01:05 AM

Oh Gossamer, I hope you NEVER feel like you don't belong here. I feel like Mary Rose is my baby too, just like every baby in our group. I think of her, and you often

We had Jessica's birthday party yesterday, she had such a great time. She wasn't very into opening presents - good thing Danielle was there to "help" We did a Carebears theme, Jesi absolutely LOVES teh carebears! She was happy just sitting holding a carebear and watching Danielle open her presents :LOL She dug into her cake - neither of the other two girls actally ate their cake, Jesi ate a whole piece - uh oh, she's got a sweet tooth like her mama! She was a complete mess, but it was so worth it watching her little face light up when she got her first taste of that cake. I don't usually give them lots of sugar, but birthdays are special so the sugary the better She slept a bit better last night, I think she's been having trouble sleeping because a tooth has been trying to come in on the bottom right next to the front teeth.

We went to the coast today. Spent some time at the aquarium and then went to the beach. Jesi LOVES to sit and watch the waves. It was high tide this afternoon so the waves were crashing HUGE on the rocks. That little monkey sat for an hour and a half and just watched the water! She ran her fingers through the sand a bit, but basically just sat there. I've never seen a little one sit still for that long without getting fidgity. Now if I could only figure out how to get her big sisters to sit still it would have been a nice relaxing afternoon!

Jesi is officially saying mama and associating it with me. When she's upset she cries for me, calling mama as she reaches for me. She calls mama when she just wants to get my attention. Just melts my heart! Today she grabbed my face and pulled me down for a big sloppy kiss It makes me feel special because she won't do that for anyone else!

Well, my busy little bee is calling for me Have a wonderful night ladies!
Old 11-15-2004, 02:24 AM

gossamer, I'm curious - what was Mary Rose's due date?

I kinda wish I had given DD a better theme for her 1st birthday. The them I chose ended up not working out at the last second. But, I love Carebears still, and that would have been her theme (either that or Strawberry Shortcake).

DD is working on the same tooth as Jessica tonight. She hasn't teethed in over a month now, and it's starting back up again. Oh goody.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:35 AM - Thread Starter

Desiree
That's my babies middle name My brother picked it out.

Anyone know why we haven't heard from Chelly2003 in such a long time???? Am I forgetting something??
Babe, who is STILL awake is calling for me.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:44 AM

sage's molar is still bothering her but is not thru the gums yet she is not happy about it either but she has been sleeping better lately, not sure how that works, lol. she has been napping better and is even sleeping alone in her packNplay at night for awhile, (no room for a crib in this tiny room). she will even put herself to sleep for naps sometimes...like today, she was in her walker, FIL's DW was talking to her and washing dishes, and sage was talking back, then she looked over and sage was fast asleep in her walker with her head resting on one of the toys mounted to the tray on the walker, LOL! it was soooo cute. but usually, I can let her play in her packNplay, and she will lay down and just fall asleep after about 10 minutes in the afternoon.

i got sage a giant rubber ducky for her b-day. I paid $7 for it, and it is seriously HUGE! she played with it in the store and loved it. I have it hidden away until her b-day. I still have to get a bunch of smaller ones for decorating at the party. I'm going to put some on her cake and also in the punchbowl. i think she will love it!

DOH! i just missed "tom goes to the mayor." oh well. ttfn!

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

Old 11-15-2004, 03:03 AM

Star,
Mary Rose's due date was November 15th, tomorrow.
Gossamer

Old 11-15-2004, 04:22 AM

Awe, Mary Rose had the same due date as my DD.

Btw, how do you tell if a molar is coming in? I can barely get her mouth open long enough to see if a front tooth is coming in, much less a back tooth. Is located at the far back or in the middle? Do you see a huge white block like the front teeth?
Old 11-15-2004, 12:37 PM

Gossomer: to you - You are always welcome here and I hope that you can find some comfort here.

Molars are a *($%^! Evan has all 4 coming in- you can feel them under the gumline, but all you can see is what looks like the pink rocky mts. Poor babe.

We had a party for DH's birthday last night and DS was the hit of the night. He was showing off and walking and clapping at himself. He was so proud! We had about 16 ppl over and he was so excited to go back and forth to visit with all of them. He had some of Dh's icecream cake and loved it. Now I know what kind of cake to make for him :LOL
Old 11-15-2004, 02:55 PM

4 molars? Oh, poor Evan!
Old 11-15-2004, 03:41 PM

Sage got some ice cream lastnight too. she loves it, altho i think i am going to make a choc cake for her birthday. but we can have ice cream on the side.

has anyone checked out the thread in TAO about the 0$ holiday challenge? there are soooo many good ideas there for ppl that dont have alot of cash during the holidays.
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=216812
Just thought i'd share it since I know we have NOTHING to work with this year. FIL has to wait to get paid for his jobs before he can pay DH, so we are waiting for like $800 and dont know when we will get it. I'm a little irked about that, but we are living here and they are feeding us, etc, so i guess it works out. I'm just a bit worried about when we move out, and this happens.

off to figure out what to do about DD's b-day party...the who what when and where's of it all............................................... ...

Old 11-15-2004, 03:54 PM

Thanks for that link, Christy. I've been searching online for something like that since I'm broke this year, and wouldn't ya know it's right here under my nose. I hope your FIL gets paid soon!
Old 11-15-2004, 10:52 PM

Finally, I have time again!!!

Gossamer ... .

And to all the teething babes and their tired mamas. I know ALL about that!

I've been crazy busy with work (I WAHM very part-time but when I have a client, I'm totally consumed). It is SO SO SO hard with a baby. I want to completely quit and forget about this occupation as a career, but since I spent oodles of money (meaning, I have oodles of debt) on student loans, I'm pretty much commited to it since I have to pay off the debt some how. We do ok on dh's income alone, but it would be nice to not have to worry if something big breaks again (we've killed 2 cars, 1 roof, and 1 microwave this year already) and also have some extras now and then, and of course, the faster I get out of student loan debt, the faster I can convince dh to let me do something else with my life, not that I know what that is. In any event, what this boils down to is that I have to take on more work. In order to do that, as this last client demonstrated to me, I need to get some child care help and I need to convince Henry to sleep better at night. I was so exhausted from juggling everything last week, combined with Henry's increasing nightwaking, that I was making errors left and right -- things I shouldn't have done but did due to sheer exhaustion.

I'm really sad about all of this. We're already doing some creative financing so that's not the answer. I have to work more (work enough to cover expenses, which I'm barely doing now, pay for child care, and bring in profit). That means I have to sleep more. I don't know how to do that w/o nightweaning, which I really don't know that either Henry or I is ready for. DH keeps hearing from people (co-workers, etc.) about how we're through the rough part -- no more nightwaking, etc. And he thinks something is wrong b/c Henry is still up a zillion times a night. I don't know what to do. And he's not really listening to my arguments that (1) most of those people probably didn't bf this long; (2) most of them probably did CIO in some capacity; and (3) most of them probably didn't have a super picky eater who won't eat much solids during the day and makes up his calories at night.

And as for child care ... I know daycare is not a horrible institution and in some ways, may actually be good for kids. But I just never thought I'd need it, yk? I think that was a lot of wishful thinking on my part. But I'm depressed about it, nonetheless. And I think my son will not adapt well after having so much attention by me. And its bloody expensive -- probably $800+ a month for full-time quality care around here.

Anyway, I don't mean to bring down the thread. I'm just babbling to myself, I guess. I'm just in a not great place right now. How do I do this?

Thanks for listening. I'll post about Henry's party later.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:20 PM

Hi Henry's Momma - boy do I relate to your situation. Phew! I remember it so well with my first. I think he may have been a lot like your Henry and nothing like my second son! DS1 LOVED LOVED LOVED to breastfeed. I won't even tell you how long he nursed! He never did take to eating solids during the day. At 4 years old, he is still not a great eater. I think he nursed twice a night at a year and over the course of the next year, I whittled it down to zero. AP was a new philosophy for us and my dh wasn't so convinced it was a great idea. We're thrilled now!! Plus, having a second child, my first son's personality traits stand out in stark relief. My ds2 is so different that I am convinced that nothing I could've done would've made him like food better or need to nurse less, etc. He's just that way. Would love to type more...but I hear my youngest calling and dh is cleaning the kitchen. Since he's been also entertaining my brother, I better go help!

Homeschool Planet http://planethomeschool.net
Old 11-15-2004, 11:20 PM

Gossamer
Amy what kind of work do you do? maybe you could get an in-home babysitter so Henry doesnt have to be away from you if he really needs you, and it would be less expensive...I used to do it in high school for a neighbor of mine. She got more done, and even took naps while i was there if she didnt have work. Sometimes she didnt have work, so that meant that I didnt have work ,lol, but she would make it up to me by letting me watch her kids while she and her DH went out to the movies, etc. I dont know if its anything you considered, and i think its a better alternative to daycare. HTH!

Old 11-16-2004, 12:36 AM
bec

Gossamer, as the others have said, you are always welcome here. We think of you alot, and consider you one of us! Possibly more than any of us here, you know the raw emotion of what it means to be a mama.

I sometimes wish Emily would slow down with the things she's doing. She saw her sister push one of her chairs up to the wall, stand on it, and do something. Then, today, she moved one of the chairs (they are very light), and the next thing I know, she's reaching for something high up. Sheesh! Be a baby for a little longer!! Please!

I'm going to send out birthday party invitations next weekend. I don't think I'll do a theme, just make it festive and birthday-like, not like Christmas, though.

Bec

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
Old 11-16-2004, 01:38 AM - Thread Starter

Angelica's party is this Saturday. I dont remember if I ever mentioned a date to ya'll.
Bec, she copied me once to. I was trying to bribe her to walk and I had a blue nerf type ball. I put it in my mouth (on my lips really) so I could both hands out to her to see if she would walk and when she came over (no steps on her on) she took the ball out, looked at it and put it back in my mouth.
Tonight she took a half a step to me, then a whole step to the table. She did that on purpose cause she let go of my hand! Then another half step to me again.
She's saying mama more too this week.
I pm'ed Chelly2003 last night. She is doing well she said, just a busy mama. Gillian got all the babies beat I think with 10-12 teeth! She's not walking yet but is crawling up a storm!
Okay, nighty night
Old 11-16-2004, 01:56 AM

Houston, we have a molar : While he was screaming for his Daddy tonight I got a peek and one of them has broken though. The left bottom molar. Looks like a little white mountain range back there. Poor babe. he has been waking less the last couple of nights- only 4-6 times per night instead of 10-12 :LOL

Amy- I know what you mean about the nightwaking- many times DH and I have talked about nightweaning and he has even tried to convince me to "Ferberize" but we are sticking it out. I understand where you are coming from- it is terrible to be exausted all the time, especially when you have to work.

That was a good suggestion to get someone to come to your home- maybe a neighborhood teen can come over every afternoon and let you get 3-4 hours of work done. That would be 20hours a week- a good start at least. And it would be structured so Henry and you would expect it.

Where are the picctures from all these birthday celebrations!!!! I want to see some cute cake pictures!

Bec- Em is climbing ALREADY?!! - I am so not looking forward to that.
Old 11-16-2004, 04:13 AM

Here are some pictures from Iris' party... I did a whole wheat, maple syrup sweetened cake with a butter cream type frosting with blueberries. It was really good!

Iris and her cake

YUM!

When are they gonna get me out of here?

Opening a present (A silver engraved cup)

Gossamer: I think about you often and I am glad when you check in.

DS: 18 DD: 15 DD: 8  angel1.gif 11/10  angel1.gif 4/11
  adoptionheart-1.gifDD: 3  angel1.gif 8/11

Old 11-16-2004, 11:59 AM

Awe, Iris is so adorable

I hate the climbing. I spent 95% of my days chasing after DD and taking her off the stairs (grandma refuses to put a gate up 'cause it'll wreck her paint on the walls ). If she isn't climbing the stairs, she's climbing out of her highchair, trying to climb into her playpen, climbing up her highchair (grabbing the bars and lifting herself up by her arms - I didn't think their arm muscles were that strong!), or climbing up the side of chairs or trying to climb out of her crib. *sigh* I climbed out of my crib at 1yr and fell to the floor knocking the wind out of myself and I hope she doesn't learn to do that.

Here's DD's birthday party last week:
dress
cake
studying her cake
done eating her cake

She didn't go too nuts with the cake - not like I thought she would. The party didn't go well either - someone threw up, and I had no choice but to plan the party to start AT her naptime, and end 3 hours past when she would have napped. Now that made for a fun afternoon. By present time, she was whining and didnt want anything to do with the presents. Next time I don't care who has to work at what time, I'm making the part AFTER nap time.
/end rant
Old 11-16-2004, 12:13 PM

Gossamer, love to you and Mary Rose in our birthday season.

We had the Eid this weekend, and Meryem had a blast. There were tons of kids everywhere we went, so she was happy. I took my kids, with some friends and their kids, to a childrens museum. She was CRAZY! There was a play vet hospital, a play grocery store, and big kids all over. She looks at kids her own age and smaller and calls them babies, and then runs off with 7-year-olds if we let her. Seriously, 7. She got a stuffed puppy and a toothbrush and could not have been more pleased.

OK. Time for school.
Old 11-16-2004, 12:28 PM

Thanks for the picture fix, y'all Precious.

We are currently planning a B-Day party for Ds. It will be in conjuction with FIL(12/7) and cousin Jennifer(12/1) and that's fine with me. With everyone's schedules crazy during Dec. I may even suggest ( since there will be lot of people there) that we draw numbers ( 1,2,3) or names so each guest only buys one gift. That way we will come home wiTh 1/3 of the plastic toys we normally would :LOL

DS has been sleeping better- I guess since that molar is through. More later- gotta go.

Good to see you back jooj!
Old 11-16-2004, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

Nice pics Star and sagewinna!
Liz-
Lucky for me most of the people that will come to Angelica's party will give her money for the bank!
Old 11-16-2004, 01:26 PM

Awesome bday pics everyone Too cute

Well, it happened...remember me telling you about regretting setting up the xmas tree so early....
Take a look:

Christmas tree

Doesn't he look quite proud of himself??? : This child can't be left alone for even a MILLISECOND!! He's an accident in the making, waiting to happen :LOL Just so glad that once again, he wasn't hurt. Matter of fact, he found it pretty humerous. My daughter was more than happy to re-decorate the tree.....

Amy I hope you're able to find a solution that will work well for all of you. I am faced with returning to work in January and am also struggling with what I'm going to do with the 3 kids A friend of mine does in-home daycare and I am hoping we can work out something. I so wish I could just stay home with them but financially, it's just not feasable. It really makes me sad

Hope everyone has a good day.

User Tag List