Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Birthday month!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2004, 02:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Oh my, I'm SO not ready for this!! I get all teary just thinking about it!

We spent all day yesterday up in the mountains playing in the snow. Jessica had such a great time! She loves to be outside, and had an absolute blast watching the sledding and snowball fights. We were up there too long though and hit a horribly thick patch of fog while coming down the mountain. It was a narrow winding dirt road and the fog was so thick you couldn't see much more than 5 to 10 feet in front of the truck. It was pretty scary. We stopped for pizza and to calm down when we got off the mountain so it was too late to take the girls out by the time we got home. We live in a very rural area though so there are never any kids going door to door anyway. I'm going to dress them up today though and take pictures since I missed it last night.

Time to feed the munchkin - oh, and I think we should keep our thread in the baby forum until after everyone has turned 1. How does that sound??
Old 11-01-2004, 02:37 PM

That's a good idea. That gives me an extra month of babyhood!

Ok, so who all is having more kids and who is done? I know about a few of you... I just don't know. I would love another, but sometimes it's overwhelming with the three I have! Thinking of giving the baby stuff away makes me weepy, though... It took 2 years to get pregnant with Iris, not sure I can go through that again, especially at my age...

DS: 18 DD: 15 DD: 8  angel1.gif 11/10  angel1.gif 4/11
  adoptionheart-1.gifDD: 3  angel1.gif 8/11

Old 11-01-2004, 02:39 PM

subscribing....

No i'm not in the UP, I'm exactly on point au gres on lake huron, (the bouy that marks the point is literally in front of the house). its nice here, just cold, LOL. We missed the leaves change, but I dont care. i want to see snow!! LOL. I have never seen snow before. Also, FIL showed us some pictures of ice flows on the lake and I really want to see that too.

I have so much to do. I have to get all our stuff transferred from FL to MI, like licenses, insurance, etc.

ttfn

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

Old 11-01-2004, 03:01 PM

WOW- I cant believe that we are here already!!!

CHristy- Hooray for MI No more evil MIL! I've never seen snow either. Weird huh.

sagewinna- we plan on having more, since Evan is our first. I think a 2 1/2 to 3 year period would be good. I am starting to get the "baby fever" though, so who knows. :LOL I would like for DS to be out of diapers before we have another.

So- what is everyone planning for 1st B-day parties? are you doing the whole cake thing? Presents? I just don't know what I want to do....
Old 11-01-2004, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy1980
i want to see snow!! LOL. I have never seen snow before. Also, FIL showed us some pictures of ice flows on the lake and I really want to see that too.

I have so much to do. I have to get all our stuff transferred from FL to MI, like licenses, insurance, etc.

ttfn
WOW, I cant believe you have never seen snow. Have all the snow I will get please......
That ice flow sounds nice. Good luck changing everything
Old 11-01-2004, 03:13 PM

Old 11-01-2004, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Little Monkeys
oh, and I think we should keep our thread in the baby forum until after everyone has turned 1. How does that sound??
I prefer that we keep our threads in the baby forum until the babes have turned 20 (since I'll be in denial until then), but that's just me

Btw, I'm certainly not done having babies... I want to have 3-5 and then adopt some when I get older. I love children. I um kinda need to find a man to help me out with having more babies, though. Can't do it alone. lol.
Old 11-01-2004, 03:21 PM

I'm with you Shannon- let's keep this in the Life with a Babe until they kick us out :LOL
Old 11-01-2004, 03:24 PM

Hmm, do you think we'd get away with it? Maybe nobody will even notice! :LOL I vote for staying in the babe forum until we get kicked out. hehe

Even though I was the one to point out that they're toddlers, that doesn't mean I want them to be toddlers! lol I think I'll cry if I see our thread in the toddler forum.
Old 11-01-2004, 03:26 PM

Shannon~ you'll find someone, I did

As far as having more - I really want to have another, then I'll have a day when Danielle is being a totally three yr old terror and Jessica is teething and cranky and I ask myself what in the world I'm thinking :LOL But I've already started thinking about when I want to start trying - I'm thinking we'll start in May - wow, that's only 6 months away! I've also thought of being a foster parent, but we need a bigger house first! If we do get pregnant, then I'll be able to get the second story on this house like I want - or we'll move, which would not be a bad thing considering my in laws live less than a half mile away....

Liz~ I'm with you, let's stay here until they kick us out :LOL
Old 11-01-2004, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunMama
I'm with you Shannon- let's keep this in the Life with a Babe until they kick us out :LOL
You got mt vote!!!!!
nak
okay- after reading all the posts its decided, we stay till we get the boot!!!
Old 11-01-2004, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter

I like Evan's costume -
I'll add one later today. My sis took all the pics last night. You'll get to see one of all of us. She was mrs. potts from beauty and the beast. She was a hit. No one cared about my costume
Old 11-01-2004, 04:23 PM

Oh Tammi- WE care about your costume!! I loved your udders!!! I can't wait to see a pic of all y'all together!!!!!
Old 11-01-2004, 04:49 PM

subscribing...will post more later when I have more time
Old 11-01-2004, 05:08 PM

Awe, Liz, Evan looks so cute! I love that one of him up in the air.

Thanks, Sherri - I really hope to find someone soon, because I'm already craving another baby LOL.

Tammi, I care about your costume too!

My peanut did pretty good last night. She didn't get scared at any costumes, and we sat outside while Nana handed out treats - DD was a hit with all the kiddos (some wouldnt leave lol).

Here's DD in her outfit:

http://www.stariah.com/venus/halloween1.jpg
http://www.stariah.com/venus/halloween2.jpg

She was supposed to be a fairy, but she couldn't crawl in the dress, so I went and picked out this outfit. I have no clue what it is - I think it's a dog? It wasn't even in the Halloween section - it is a sleeper, so I can keep re-using it
Old 11-02-2004, 01:10 AM

sage said "baby" and "sock" for the first time today. FIL's DW wrapped up sage's monkey in a cpf and said, "here's your baby..." and sage looked at it and said "baby" just as plain as day then i was folding laundry and said "sock" b/c she pulled off her sock, and she said, "SOCK!" then i asked her "where's your sock?" and she held it up, waved it at me and said "sock." I can't beleive it. that was the first time we ever tried to get her to associate something with it's name, and she got it on the first try. where did my baby go?

Cute pictures everyone. I haven't even downloaded our pics yet off the camera. been busy all day. there's a candy shop right down the street...I've been there 2 days in a row, lol. they have great truffles, LOL!!!

have a good night

ps, i also vote that we stay in LWAB until we get evicted, lol.

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

Old 11-02-2004, 01:44 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
hey y'all,

i agree -- no moving until they're all 20 or maybe until they're all walking/toddling at least...

my little butterbean is walking and talking up a storm. the walking thing is very different from her big sister who didn't walk until she was 17.5 mo. they're both big talkers, though. i think little bit is gonna be like big sister and have a thing for shoes, though. she's already starting with it! crazy baby!

well, y'all all go vote tomorrow if you haven't already! may the best man win!!

Mamatreehugger.gif to two girl beans, Feb 2001hearts.gif and Nov 2003coolshine.gif . DH geek.gif, and two crazydog2.gifdog2.gif . Running on biodiesel since 2004!

"All you fascists are bound to lose" — Woody Guthrie
Old 11-02-2004, 01:57 AM
bec

Ok, I heard somewhere that they are toddlers from 9-36 months!

I think that's ridiculous, of course. They might very well be toddlers, Emily is still my little baby. Katie is still my little baby, even though she keeps telling me she's not a little baby anymore, she's a big kid.

Emily picked up two new words today. She was pointing at the dog and I asked her if that was the doggy, and she very firmly said, "dog". Later Katie and Grandma were playing with a ball. Emily started crawling after it, unnoticed by grandma and Katie. Poor baby was crawling back and forth for this darn ball. She finally started crying and crawled over to me. I was doing some work on the computer at the time and was unaware of what was going on. I picked her up and she turned herself around and pointed to Grandma and Katie playing. I asked her if she wanted a ball. She smiled huge. I picked up a couple of balls and put her in front of them. She started playing with them, and in a satisfied voice, said, "ball."

This seems pretty precocious, though. I mean, are they supposed to have 6 words at 10.5 months? It's a little frightening. I think Katie had 2. I think she was saying "Mama," and "Quack". Goes to show you where that kid's priorities were. I think DH was a little disgruntled to be playing second fiddle to "Quack".

Bec

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
Old 11-02-2004, 05:13 AM - Thread Starter

I had a post but lost it. My fault. tick me off!!!!

Halloween pics
I actually don't look so hot in my costume... Made my son happy though and thats what matters.
Old 11-02-2004, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~WickidaWitch~
I had a post but lost it. My fault. tick me off!!!!

Halloween pics
I actually don't look so hot in my costume... Made my son happy though and thats what matters.
Well I disagree- I think all of you look precious

I love looking at pics- Loved the sleeper idea, Shannon. Such a cute babe.

I can't believe that all these b abes are talking! Evan isn't "saying" anyting yet, at least nothing that we can understand. He talks and uses his hands like a grownup, but no "words" except Dada. Silly boy... :LOL

More later when I have time. Gotta go...
Old 11-02-2004, 01:59 PM

In my house there is a whole lot of going on so I'm not very surprised that Jessica doesn't say a whole lot - she can't get a word in edgewise around here :LOL I know how she feels The only thing I KNOW she associates is Diya for the dog. I'm not sure if that is Dakota specifically or just dog in general. We've got 3 out there and when she sees them she shouts "Diya!" She understands bye bye because when we say it, she starts waving, or when I ask where daddy is she'll start waving to tell me he went bye bye

I'm sure everyone is doing this, but last night Jessica crawled up to me, sat up on her knees and reached for me. Her hands were sort of waving, like "come here" type of waving. She doesn't reach for me like that very often so it was one of those "awww" moments And she gave me a kiss - right on the mouth. I was laying down and she was crawling all over me, she crawled up to my face and planted a big wet one on me :LOL Slimy baby kisses - there's nothing better
Old 11-02-2004, 02:32 PM
bec

Those slimey baby kisses are the best, while still being a little gross (particularly if it's right after dinner).

Emily will give big squeezing hugs and then pat your arm to show she's pleased with you.

Bec

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
Old 11-02-2004, 02:44 PM

Hi, subscribing. Ds will be 1 on 12/5.... I can't believe it either!

He is definitely not a toddler. he's not toddling! He scoots around on his butt but shows no intention of crawling or walking. He stands holding on to the table but doesn't pull himself up or cruise. Every once in a while I start to worry but then I realize that's stupid. Anway, I'm in no hurry to srt chasing him around!

He's not talking either... well, I'm not sure actually. About a week ago we were eating lunch and suddenly he waved at me and said "bye-bye." But the waving is something he's been doing since he was about 7 mo, just for fun. And the "bye-bye" could have just been a "buh buh" sound that he makes all the time. And it really wasn't an appropriate time to be telling me "bye-bye" so I didn't know how to respond... I didn't really feel like leaving, yknow? So I just smiled and nodded, which is what I generally do when someone says something I don't know how to respond to.

Then a couple days ago we were at a restaurant and the waitress SWORE to me that he said "hello" to her. I didn't hear it, but she said she said "hello" to him and he said "he... llo." Ok, 1st of all, what the hell kind of 1st word is "hello." That just doesn't sound right to me. 2ndly, you don't say your 1st word to some random waitress. Your mother, maybe your babysitter... but not the waitress at Dojo's. Right?

Ok but then that very night we were at a Halloween party and I was telling my friend about the babysitter and I said to ds "we love your babysitter, yeah?" And he said "YEAH!" But again, that is just a noise that he makes sometimes and has been making for a long time.

So what do you think? Talking or no?
Old 11-02-2004, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

I think- TALKING.... Baby babble means something even if it's not at the right time.
Sherri- Definitely an "aaaawww" moment
I wouldnt trust Angelica if she came up to me to give me a great big smootch. Chances are she'd really be wanting to bite my lower lip!
Old 11-02-2004, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bec
This seems pretty precocious, though. I mean, are they supposed to have 6 words at 10.5 months? It's a little frightening.Bec
6 words??? Bran has 1 and that's been the infamous "dada" for a few months now. Try as we might, he hasn't picked up Mama or anything else yet for that matter...lots of babbling though...Should I be concerned? He's right on target with everything else so...

I took the plunge and weaned Bran over to cow's milk (no flames please), and surprisingly enough, he's doing very well on it. So, I guess we know now that Bran never did have a milk allergy, I guess he was just able to tolerate the soy better with his reflux. He's eating all solids so well that I'm not concerned that he's not getting enough vitamins and nutrition, even being on milk now. And, he loves it so who am I to argue??

I love everyone's Halloween pics! Here's a couple of mine: (by the way, no, I didn't plan on feeding my son ANY chocolate at Halloween, he helped himself when I left the room to heat him up a bottle, foil wrapper and all in his mouth-you'll see what I mean in the 2nd pic!)
The Hayward kids at Halloween
Can you say BIG CHOCOLATEY MESS???!!!
Old 11-02-2004, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

What a picture Stacy!
So, was he on a bottle with BM? No flaming here!!!!

edited cause I think i'm brain dead.
You fed him formula?? Guessing so since you mention soy?
Old 11-02-2004, 05:40 PM

No flames here either! That pic of Brendon with the chocolate is priceless!!! :

Guerrillamama: I think your babe is talking! It's our fault that we just don't understand them all the time.

Sherri: That is soooo cute- Evan doesn't give me kisses. He does come up just to hug me sometimes though

Bec: DS loves balls too. Especially raquetballs- those are the weiner dog's fav. He "throws" one and she brings it back to him.
Old 11-02-2004, 05:48 PM

Hi everyone! Long time no post (or at least it feels like it!). Congrats to all the new walkers, talkers, and teethers!

Let's see ... pics are great everyone!! Kids look SOOOO cute. I'm trying to get some up of Henry but just haven't had a chance. This is the first time I've had a few minutes to actually think and type in days. I WAH and just got slammed from Friday to today (bad, bad things were on the verge of happening and I even had a borderline anxiety attack last night). Thankfully, dh's crazy work schedule miraculously disappeared (one case got dismissed pre-trial and the other was moved to the first week of January, so there goes Christmas so I had help. But I'm so tired now.

Henry is doing really well. He's decided he's a big boy in so many ways. He's walking better now although not consistently. We made a game of him walking the length of our foyer between dh and me on Halloween and he had a blast. He walked really well to dh but then would get so excited to be walking to me that he would face plant. It was actually very funny.

Henry also has decided that he will NOT go in his high chair if the tray is attached, so he is now eating while pushed up to our dining room table. I had to pull out the table pad and buy a vinyl tablecloth to catch his mess and keep him from trying to teethe on the edge of the table. He really likes being at the table -- I think he feels more included. Unfortunately, he's not as close to his food as I'd like, so things have gotten a lot messier, especially since he has also decided that he should always feed himself with the spoon. About half the time he'll let me put the food on the spoon (usually yogurt) and hand him the spoon to feed himself. The rest of the time he wants the bowl, too. My dining room is a disaster.

As for talking ... he has clear babbles for certain things but they don't really resemble the real words. Every once in a while he says something we understand, but usually its a one shot deal. He really only says ma-ma, da-da, & no (he uses that one a lot :LOL) with regularity. I'm hoping for some more words soon. I'm trying to remember to baby sign, but I always forget.

We're still teething up a storm, too. Last night he even bled a little. Poor baby. I'm not sure which teeth, though (although I suspect his bottom side incisors).

Ohhhhh!!!! Henry had his first haircut last Thursday. He was great but Mommy felt like . He looks so boyish now.

I'll update the family website soon and re-post. Glad to hear everyone is doing well!
Old 11-02-2004, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter

I need to see a before and after picture of Henry!
I hated getting ds2 his first haircut. He had such nice hair in the back and I loved running my fingers through it. Daddy said it was too long for a boy though. Thise sweet little curls at the end, I miss them.

Glad I dont have to worry about haircuts now!!!!

User Tag List