December already! Sept 04 Mamas - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 349 Old 11-30-2004, 10:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome to the end of the year!! Just a year ago we began finding out we were pregnant! How times flies. Welcome to all former Sept 04 due date clubbers and all mamas with babes born in September 2004.

Lynsey, can you post the roll call from the November thread?

j

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#2 of 349 Old 11-30-2004, 11:08 PM

Here ya go!

Jackson Henry ~ born 8/23/04 ~ 7 lbs 1 oz ~ proud mom: Caroline248

McKenna Rose ~ born 8/24/04 ~ 5 lbs 12 oz ~ proud mom: msrog (Savannah)
William Douglas ~ born 8/24/04 ~ 6 lbs 3 oz ~ proud mom: msrog (Savannah)

Nessa Delaney ~ born 8/29/04 ~ 7 lbs ~ proud mom: Adventuregirl (Sheryl)

Anna Christine ~ born 9/2/04 ~ 5 lbs 15 oz ~ proud mom: Cuddlemama (Leigh)

Arowen Elizabeth Ernice ~ born 9/2/04 ~ 6 lbs 14.5 oz ~ proud mom: wardermom (Melanie)

CJ ~ born 9/3/04 ~ 8 lbs 7.5 oz ~ proud mom: lynchmom (Mel)

Iain David ~ born 9/5/04 ~ 7 lbs 2 oz ~ proud mom: HeatherB (Heather)

David Alexander ~ born 9/10/04 ~ 8 lbs 4 oz ~ proud mom: hjohnson (Heather)

Elijah Paul ~ born 9/12/04 ~ 8 lbs 2 oz ~ proud mom: dmick (Denise)

Bhavani Dharma ~ born 9/13/04 ~ 6 lbs ~ proud mom: 3boobykins (Heather)

Kate ~ born 9/17/04 ~ 7 lbs 15 oz ~ proud mom: Leomom (Stacey)

Tristan James ~ born 9/18/04 ~ 7 lbs 13 oz ~ proud mom: JenInMpls (Jen)

Alexander William ~ born 9/19/04 ~ 8 lbs 9 oz ~ proud mom: StacyL (Stacy)

Jackson ~ born 9/19/04 ~ 8 lb 1 oz ~ proud mom: MamaAcorn (Pam)

Drew ~ born 9/24/04 ~ 8 lbs 3 oz ~ proud mom: Luminosea

Kaia Morgan ~ born 9/25/04 ~ 8 lbs 10 oz ~ proud mom: Jodie (Jodie)

Aidan James ~ born 9/26/04 ~ 8 lbs 12 oz ~ proud mom: mum2tori (Samantha)

Lucas Alexander ~ born 9/27/04 ~ 8 lbs ~ proud mom: SiValleySteph

Julian David ~ born 9/28/04 ~ 8 lbs 15 oz ~ proud mom: SamanthaJ (Samantha)

Daniel ~ born 9/29/04 ~ 8 lbs 9 oz ~ proud mom: Almama (Chris)

Naiya Abigail ~ born 9/29/04 ~ 9 lbs 10 oz ~ proud mom: Mom2Baldie (Lynsey)

Miles Xavier ~ born 9/30/04 ~ 8 lbs 2 oz ~ proud mom: greenbeing (Meredith)

Lilah ~ born 10/1/04 ~ 8 lbs 14 oz ~ proud mom: Chrissy (Chrissy)
#3 of 349 Old 11-30-2004, 11:27 PM

wow, that's a lot of babies!
#4 of 349 Old 12-01-2004, 01:36 AM

Hi everyone! I love December!!!

Anyone else having trouble with afternoons and early evenings??? Kate gets so tired and fussy and I cannot get her to sleep. She sleeps for 20-30 minutes, is wide awake, and then gets fussy within half an hour but it takes me another hour to get her to sleep...for 20-30 more minutes...and the vicious cycle goes on and on. :

By the time early evening rolls around, I am watching the clock and praying for bedtime because I know she'll finally sleep well. I sometimes feel like moving our bedtime to 5pm!!! :LOL

HELP!!

#5 of 349 Old 12-01-2004, 02:01 AM

Savannah,

I am trying to have a long sleeved onesie personalized for a holiday gift...could you do it? If so, please PM me ASAP! Thanks!!
#6 of 349 Old 12-01-2004, 02:05 AM

leomom - There must be something in the air because I've been having those same problems. Today was an extra fussy day!

December...yay!

Today (11/30) is my doggy's 1st birthday. Ridiculous, but true!
#7 of 349 Old 12-01-2004, 02:45 AM

William suddenly has started losing it at night at bedtime. Just wailing. Just wants to be patted on the back in the dark and quiet and fuss himself to sleep last couple nights.

But aren't the babies going through another growth spurt around 13 weeks?

Does anyone know what you're supposed to do with baby's legs when carrying them front=facing in a Maya ring sling?
#8 of 349 Old 12-01-2004, 11:09 AM

leomom,

We have trouble here with evenings here. With us, I think its because Naiya gets SO overstimulated from being around my other 2 kids that she isnt able to really relax and "unwind" until they go to bed. I try to have them in bed by 9 and she usually stays up with me until 10:30 or so. Sometimes we lay in bed with only a lamp on and she talks to me, its obvious she likes the quieter environment! So do I! Anyways, I do try to get her to take a nap in the afternoon or evening, but often it doesnt work out for her. Shell sleep for maybe 10 minutes then wake up. Unfortunately I cant spend a whole lot of time trying to get her down because of the others, so she pretty much just has to deal with being tired.

Savannah,

What I did with Paityn when she was in my Maya front facing was just fold up her legs in front of her inside the sling. Doesnt seem very comfortable!
#9 of 349 Old 12-01-2004, 11:56 AM

Savahanna, to face forward in the maya, you cross their legs at the ankle and kinda put them in bottom first so their feet are out in front of them, if I remember correctly from watching the video. I tried this with Jackson on Thanksgiving when we were decorating the tree and he was kinda at a 90-degree angle, but he seemed comfy enough:

http://www.ofoto.com/PhotoView.jsp?&...d=898537178105

http://www.ofoto.com/PhotoView.jsp?&...d=349447178105

I couldn't help but share those.

We had some fussy issues last night. I think Jackson was just overtired. it took forever to get him to sleep in the afternoon, and then he woke up after less than an hour of sleep. He usually sleeps 3-4 hours in the afternoon, so between lack of sleep and a stuffy nose, it really put him in a grumpy mood last night. Alex at least had a cough-free night!

Off to start work. Rabbit-rabbit!

Pam

Mama to ds 11, ds 7, dd 5, dd 2, and dd born on 6/17/12!

#10 of 349 Old 12-01-2004, 01:02 PM

super cute pictures, Pam! We don't have cute santa hats like that. MUST ... GO ... GET ... ME... SOME! LOL
#11 of 349 Old 12-01-2004, 01:04 PM

Those pics are soooo cute, Pam!!!
#12 of 349 Old 12-01-2004, 01:19 PM

Lynsey and Chrissy - Let's run away and join the circus. (But not an animal one...) Ayone else want to come?

Jen - the doll sounds really cute. I'd like to see a pic when you are done.

For Christmas, Jack is getting a wooden kitchen set that I got from Freecycle (thanks Lynsey - I'd have never heard of it without you!). It still needs a lot of work, so I had better get moving. I'm so excited to set it up on xmas eve, because it is going to go right in my kitchen, and I'm painting a picture window over the sink and hanging up a real curtain, etc. He is going to be so excited when he wakes up and sees it! I'm going to stock it with some kitchen supplies, like pots, pans, etc. Under the tree he will also have some dinosaurs and maybe a play wooden birthday cake. (Have you seen those? So cute!)

We are sick, sick, sick here. I think Lu might have an earache - I used some Similisan eardrops and she fell right asleep. I am just stuffy. Who takes care of mom when mom is sick?
#13 of 349 Old 12-01-2004, 01:58 PM

Hey Lynsey, Anna's info was at the end of the Nov. thread. Do you want me to resubmit it since she's not on the list?

We're a bunch of sickies here. Em brought home a stomach bug from the gym and now I've got a house full of crapping, puking, whiners. ((Myself and Dave included))

Can I/Should I give the baby pedialite in a bottle? I worry about both weight loss and dehydration with her. She's so small already, and barely holds the weight she's gained.

Back to the battle,

~Leigh
#14 of 349 Old 12-01-2004, 02:32 PM

hiya girls!

sarah, leigh & other sickies - i hope you all feel better real quick!

jen, i am getting nessa out in the cold a bit. well, i guess down to about 20 degrees, for walking/hiking. i've been putting her in the bjorn, facing both ways depending on her wake/sleep state, she wears a fleece hooded snowsuit over her regular clothes, it has hand covers, and i will sometimes put mittens on underneath. i have a few warm hats that fit under the hood and carry a fleece blanket that i can completely cover her with, drape over her head and tuck in all around. i am really learning to appreciate the bucket carseat for cold weather, its been zero here for days, so warming up the car, and using the bucket with a fuzzy fleece "bundle me" seat snuggy thing keeps her toasty. she goes everywhere, we shop weekly, go to parties pretty often, visit friends regularly, out to eat... i don't let the weather slow us down much, although i have shortened our outside recreation on the coldest days. soon she will get to know the ski lodge as dh and i take turns on the slopes.
i bet these http://www.nordicwoollens.com/c188943.2.html would be great, really expensive, but super warm underlayers.

we have a no plastic rule as far as i can enforce it, so am asking for wooden or cloth teethers from grandmas. i don't think we'll get nessa anything from us since she'll get things from family, she doesn't know what its all about and we really don't like having too much "stuff". i think the lights and wrapping paper will be plenty good for her entertainment.

we shut off our tv satellite (no cable or reception of any kind here otherwise) about a year ago and it is so wonderful! we watch movies all the time with Netflix, which we love. we rent some tv series shows too, so we get our "soap" fixes that way. the best thing about it is no commercials! i really hate tv/radio advertising.

i had an inconsolable fit yesterday afternoon and felt just awful. nessa took a 4 hour nap (very long for her during the day) and didn't nurse for at least an hour before going to sleep, i got way engorged on one side since the previous feeding was one sided, so when she got up i wanted her to nurse and figured she must be really hungry. but apparently not, she was all happy and smiles, but when i went to nurse she cried, she was a little snotty, so i thought that was interfering with nursing, so i cleared a bit of snot, calmed her down (she really hates that) and tried again, and she freaked, wouldn't stop crying for a while, maybe 15 min, i don't know for sure. i felt like she MUST be hungry and just wasn't latching on because it had gone too far, but in hindsight i don't think she was, and then got upset because i kept trying to nurse. i felt really bad when this all came together for me later on. when i set her down during the fit to take off her clothes to try skin to skin contact, she calmed down. so i layed her down for some naked time and she was all smiles again. so i broke out the breast punmp and pumped 8 ounces! almost 6 of those from the engorged breast. after she played for a while and had some daddy time, she was ready to nurse and all was fine. i felt bad that i seemed to cause the problem.

ok, somehow i have written a book, better get outta here. hope everyone has a great first day of December!

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

#15 of 349 Old 12-01-2004, 03:17 PM

Sheryl - I bet you and Nessa make a really cute picture all bundled up for the cold!

I am so mad!!! This goofy little college intern just walked back to my desk while I was nursing Lucy. I said (as I always do), "I'm nursing. It doesn't bother me if it doesn't bother you." Well she said, "are you one of those public nursers?" and then launched into a diatribe about how disgusting it is when people nurse in restaurants, and how nobody wants to see that while they are trying to eat, etc., etc. WTF????
#16 of 349 Old 12-01-2004, 04:16 PM

Oh Sarah, that is so annoying! Blow it off, just chalk it up to ignorance. I wish I had some catchy come back when people start that stuff.

The worst for me is my dh's grandmother. Everytime Kate cries, she says something about how Kate probably isn't getting enough milk and sometimes people breastfeed and they think they're giving milk, but there's none in there. It makes me want to squirt some of my excess milk in her eye..or cover her nose and mouth with one of my soaked breastpads for a few seconds!
#17 of 349 Old 12-01-2004, 05:34 PM

Sarah - I would have been pissed too! I can't think of a better place for anyone to EAT than in a restaurant. People just need to get used to it and don't LOOK at the boob if you don't want to see it! Its not like we nursing moms are waving them in the air for all to see! Argh! I think its disgusting for people to eat with their mouths open, but I can't possibly expect not to see that in a restaurant, but I also don't sit there and watch people at other tables eat either... Oh, did that hit a nerve?

leomom - the visual of you squirting Grandma is hysterical, tee-hee-hee!!!

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

#18 of 349 Old 12-01-2004, 06:47 PM

Hi all-

About nutty 2 year olds -one thing that helped when Liam was a babe was to tell Alex stories about Alex as the hero helping the young Liam. Alex will listen to stories for hours -no lie- so for him it helped a lot. He was still a nut though, but helped with Liam.

Xmas -Blocks! We have some, could always use more, and they'll still be in good shape when Daniel can play with them. Daniel is "getting" each brother a puzzle. Lynsey, for Liam we are thinking of a truck or a costume.

Gotta go- fussiness abounds.
#19 of 349 Old 12-01-2004, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

Napping - FINALLY - he fought it for nearly an hour.

We are beside ourselves with joy, our friends who have been trying to become parents for 5+ years may be adopting a 3-week-old next week. I'll keep you all posted!

Sarah, at that intern. I would have asked her where you should go in a restaurant to nurse, and when she said the bathroom, I would have just looked at her incredulously and said "oh, my baby is good enough to eat her meals where others take a sh*?" *$#@!!!! On a different note, I think it's awesome that you're getting Jack a kitchen set for Christmas, it's about time that people provide their boys with kitchens and dolls. I'm sure he'll love it!! I see many tea parties with homemade "cakes" in your future...

Leigh, I hope that your household is feeling better soon...!

Sheryl, does Nessa not mind having her head covered up? Tristan hates it, he loves to look around.

I had better go peek in on little sleeperman. I can't wait until the solstice, this getting dark by 4:30 thing is a bit old already, and the snow has melted so there is no light reflecting off of it.

j

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#20 of 349 Old 12-01-2004, 08:17 PM

poor sick babes and moms!

sarah and lynsey, i will run off anywhere- as long as there's coffee, chocolate and wine. how annoying about the intern!!! why do people even think like that?! i think i would have asked her what she thought was so gross about it. jack's kitchen sounds great!! and how cool that it will be in your kitchen,

sheryl, it sounds like you and nessa are having so much fun! sorry about last night's episode. poor baby and mama!

pam, love the pics!! i am jealous of you girls who are so good with your slings. i really like my hug a bub so i i use that and the bjorn. i still can't get the hang of he maya or the new native.

kate, i'm :LOL about your gma!

i am also jealous of how your babies nap during the day. i shouldn't complain too much b/c lilah sleeps wonderfully at night but she really doesn't nap much during the day. this is probably contributing to noah's crabbiness b/c we don't have much time just the 2 of us during the day.

i checked out those haba toys and they look great! i love that they are wooden but also colorful.

gotta go cruise diapering....

oh wait, lynsey, thanks for doing the list. it looks great!

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#21 of 349 Old 12-01-2004, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sistermama
This goofy little college intern just walked back to my desk while I was nursing Lucy. I said (as I always do), "I'm nursing. It doesn't bother me if it doesn't bother you." Well she said, "are you one of those public nursers?" and then launched into a diatribe about how disgusting it is when people nurse in restaurants, and how nobody wants to see that while they are trying to eat, etc., etc. WTF????
What an idiot! Why shouldn't a baby nurse in a restaurant? Everyone else is eating there! UGH! I can't stand stupidity like that. I agree, people that eat with their mouths open are disgusting, not a baby nursing. Sorry but that boob's purpose in life is to feed a baby, not for somebody's jollys. : If you don't like seeing it... DON'T LOOK AT IT!! : :

Sorry to hear about so many sick wee ones. It's never fun. Both Tori and Jack were really snotty and congested when we were moving got up here. Luckily it only lasted about a week total. Aidan sounded a little congested but nothing came out. Boy did he hate that nose sucker. He just had that choking in the back of the throat when I'd lay him down sound. He slept semi-propped up in his bassinet... still does a little bit. He sleeps better that way.

Thanks Lynsey for doing the list. Small thing, Aidan is spelled with an A not an E. David was very adamant that we use this spelling. It's the old Irish one. Thanks.
#22 of 349 Old 12-01-2004, 09:16 PM

Luminosea, I feel for you, mama. I have to go back to work Friday. I try not to get upset, but I know it will be hard to be away from my little one for the day. You're fortunate you only have to work 3 days. I'll be going everyday, but at least Miles gets to be home with his dad during the days.

About milk production-how do you know if you're not producing enough??? When I go back to work, I'll be pumping twice (after 4 hours, and then 3). Do you think I should start taking some herbs or just wait to see what happens???

: I would have been a little ticked, Sarah. Do you think maybe it has to do with her not being around babies much? Or are many people that ignorant???

For winter walks, we bundle Miles in a fleece suit, put on a hat and hood, mittens and put him in the fleece pouch. If it's real cold or windy, a blanket goes over him. He loves to sleep when we're out, so the blanket doesn't bother him much.

Lately, I've noticed Miles' cheeks are rosy. Is this normal?? I don't think he's too hot or cold. Am I just worrying? :LOL

Pam, cute pics!!
#23 of 349 Old 12-02-2004, 12:13 AM

Why would anyone care if you are nursing in public? : I mean, are you discreet? I wouldn't just whip my boob out, but I throw a receiving blanket over my shoulder then place him under the blanket and lift my shirt. I do it everywhere - restaurants, even Mass - and no one's ever looked at me funny, or said anything. But there's always rude people, I guess.

So, I have been doing the 5-S's from the Dr. Karp book, and it is helping sooo much! Alex was happy all day today, and even went down for his naps smiling! I am also doing two things from the Dr. Weissbluth book, which is early bedtime (7-7:30) and the two naps (mid-morning & mid afternoon). And I think the Amby bed is great, but it's not really necessary. I only use it in the daytime for his naps. When I put him down for the night, I put him in our bed and he stays there all night - easier to night nurse. It really has made a tremendous difference doing these things, and I am getting more rest too.
#24 of 349 Old 12-02-2004, 12:31 AM

Stacy,

How is the early bedtime working for you? What time does she get up in the morning? I tried the early bedtime, but she was wide awake at 5am.
#25 of 349 Old 12-02-2004, 12:53 AM

Jen - I did say something to the twit about how sad and stupid it is that moms feed their babies in bathrooms because people make them feel uncomfortable feeding their babies the way God intended them too and she made some comment about how "you should just feed your baby before you go anywhere or just not go out at all!!!" Thankfully her last day is tomorrow, so I didn't really see the point of getting into it to much. I almost feel inspired to write my own cartoon a la Hathor.

Stacy - I try to be discreet, but not too discreet. I want people to know what I am doing, because the more they see women NIP, the more accepted it will become. I will add though, that in public I have never received anything but very positive comments about nursing.

Poor Lu is not feeling well at all. Fevery and sad little pitiful crying. The ear drops are really helping. I've also got this great book Doctor Mom's Quick Reference Guide to Natural Healthcare. It is very simple and straightforward. It recommended chammomile and belladonna for earache and I realized hey, those are in Hyland's Teething Tabs, so I guess they could be called earache tabs as well. After Lucy's first dose she was smiling for the first time today.
#26 of 349 Old 12-02-2004, 12:55 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Okay, I finally figured out why it was so "quiet" around here! :LOL

We'll join the sick roll call... Not only does Gabriel have a slight cough and runny nose, then Iain's coughing, sneezing, and gunky, and now DH and I feel cruddy. I've been running errands all day, though I really feel more like sleeping. Maybe we'll make it an early night tonight. Hoping everyone is feeling better soon!

Had to go pick up our car from the shop today. It didn't start on Sunday and DH couldn't get the battery out to replace it (corroded something-or-others), so we had it towed to the shop. Come to find out the battery's leaking acid, destroyed two cables, and altogether with a needed oil change, it cost over $400!! : Thankfully I'd had some extra in savings, but oh my! I'm just kicking myself because I've been meaning to have DH take it in for maintenance, that probably would've caught this earlier.

I love all of the Christmas ideas! For Gabriel (2.5), we're probably going to give him some more Brio sets/trains. At "school" on Monday, his teachers asked what the kids wanted for Christmas, and his answer was "train tracks." We got his Brio set back out recently and he'll spend hours playing with it! So, we might get down another set that we already have, and/or buy him more trains. Not sure yet. I also want to get him the doll and accessories set from Tykie Diapers (http://tykie.cutsie.net/ is the link that works for me). Maybe that'll be from Iain. Hmm, that's a sweet idea, I think! Wonder what Gabriel would want to get for Iain. This is gonna be so exciting, having them pick things for each other! Ya know, having two is pretty cool. (...I say while Gabriel is with my parents and Iain is sleeping on my lap! :LOL)

It has actually gotten COLD here! : It's great, I love the cold! Okay, so some of you wouldn't call it cold, exactly. Last night, though, it was 37° when I checked. Brr! And the air is so crisp and cool. Just wonderful. It's supposed to get a bit warmer again, which stinks. It's fun to pull out the boys' wintery clothes and bundle them up. Though this is the first I've had a newborn/infant in the winter, so it's a bit different and more challenging than bundling just Gabriel. Anyway, just watching my little guy snooze in a beautiful red sweater.

Leigh, I have no idea if they're too young for Pedialyte. I gave it to Gabriel when he was a baby - actually, I guess we first mixed some yucky meds with it, so he did get it pretty young. I know you've gotta be really worried about Anna's weight. I hope you get some answers and all feel better soon!

Well, Gabriel is home now... just about time for bed. Have a good night, mamas!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#27 of 349 Old 12-02-2004, 01:00 AM

I nurse everywhere -heck 'em. Nursing clothes bugged me after baby #1, so I just nurse in whatever I got. I'm weird about not wanting to nurse out in open in stores while standing (sitting I'm OK with), but I'll walk down a quiet aisle or go outside. No one has said boo to me except for positive things. I'm not trying to do it to be in-your-face to the naysayers, it just doesn't bother me and my baby is hungry.
#28 of 349 Old 12-02-2004, 01:11 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Stacy - I try to be discreet, but not too discreet. I want people to know what I am doing, because the more they see women NIP, the more accepted it will become. I will add though, that in public I have never received anything but very positive comments about nursing.
Quote:
I nurse everywhere -heck 'em. Nursing clothes bugged me after baby #1, so I just nurse in whatever I got. I'm weird about not wanting to nurse out in open in stores while standing (sitting I'm OK with), but I'll walk down a quiet aisle or go outside. No one has said boo to me except for positive things. I'm not trying to do it to be in-your-face to the naysayers, it just doesn't bother me and my baby is hungry.
ITA, mamas! I've found that I'll nurse Iain pretty much anywhere, around anyone, and it doesn't bother me. The other day it was in the midst of the mall's food court with tons of people everywhere, and we weren't very "sheltered." But oh well. I'd be glad for people to know what I was doing and realize just what a woman's body is made for! The only place I don't NIP is at church, where we have a nursing mom's room complete with Dutailier gliders and closed circuit TV of the sermon. Of course, we usually end up just chatting in there, but that's valuable, too! I have nursed in the sanctuary after service, but it's easier and comfier in the nursing room, and just a bit of respect for the people in the service. Otherwise, it's wherever whenever, but I do like to sit down, too, at least to get situated. I've gotten some stares while borrowing the display gliders at Target before - up on a platform and all. Of course, I also like to "CIP" - change (cloth diapers) in public.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#29 of 349 Old 12-02-2004, 01:12 AM

Ha ha, Sarah, I followed the link to those odd cow cartoons. I guess I needed to see some of the first ones to get a feel for where and why the mom found that cow mask. Here is a link to one about breastfeeding in a restaurant potty: http://www.angelfire.com/comics/hathor/pottypolicy.html
I don't agree with her politics, but hey.

I wonder how Anna banana's moving is going??

So sorry to hear the sick roll call! I hope we can stay off that list...

Well, I hope I can get Christmas cards/birth announcements out this year!!! I can't believe it's already December. I took the twins (and Nicolas) to my former job today, and they couldn't believe how big and fat and cute the babies are already. They flashed everyone big smiles and even a few laughs, which was great.

How much is day care in your areas? About 4 years ago, I was charging $100/week to keep a full time kid in my home. I figured the price would be about $135 now... But a friend of mine in the next county over knows someone getting $200/week for 8-5 care! I can't even believe it.
#30 of 349 Old 12-02-2004, 01:51 AM

Okay, I have the list updated and corrected. If anyone has any other links (pictures or birth stories) to add LMK. Sarah, I need Lucys birth weight so I can add her! Chrissy, even though I didnt put the lengths on the list, I noticed that Lilah was the longest baby we had here at 22 inches!

Sarah, I cant believe that girl said all that crap to you! I seriously cant believe that someone would have the nerve to say something so ignorant. : Good grief. Ive been lucky so far in that I havent had any negative comments about NIP, although I really havent had very many positive ones either...

Savannah, Have you gotten my check yet by any chance?

Also Sarah, did you get the picture for the announcements. Theres no hurry I was just wondering if I even sent it to the right email address.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page