*~October '04 Babes~* Oh my! It's December! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 294 Old 12-03-2004, 03:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well since it's a new month and all I thought I'd start a new thread. I've had another day of pacing with a poorly napping Harrison. But on the plus side he fell asleep for the night at 8:30 ao I can't complain too much. Dh went out to have some time to himself (some window shopping at the comic shop, a fast food lunch and a movie) and I had my first real long stint of just being the only grownup. Everything went really well, despite Alias having a cold and getting his last molars in, so he's a bit moody. While Harrison had one of his cat naps in the sling Alias and I had lunch together. After that all 3 of us curled up on the couch and watched Nemo. Then we read a couple of books and again with Harrison in and out of nap mode Alias and I coloured and practiced our ABCs. It was a really nice afternoon. Reassured me that I really can do this mom to 2 thing after all. Believe me, there were moments when I had my doubts.

As for the daddy bonding I agree with all the other women here who added their 2 cents. As babies it just makes biological snese that they're going to feel a stronger bond to their mothers. And in my experience too, as Alias grew older and become more independant, he quickly learned how great his daddy is. While their are still some problems that only mommy seems to be able to solve, Alias truly loves his dad and the two of them are great friends.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 294 Old 12-03-2004, 03:56 AM

well, I'll answer my own question: its 1:47 am and I'm the only one awake. After some mama sleep and then dh coming in with her saying she's hungry and a diaper change and more nursie and rocking and singing and talking and more nursie, that did it! She's out like a light! I'm emailing back the Daisy Doodle WAHM, who lives *here* or rather a couple hours away! No long wait for my pouch!!!! We just have to measure later on today and place our order! *big sigh of relief* I will be *so* glad to have my pouch! It would be good to get it before LLL and our AP potluck next week. Here I am going to an AP meeting with my child in a baby bucket. : The other mama I knew from LLL who didn't know how to rethread her sling had a bucket too, though.

Well, dh is had to wash dipes again! I had to retire the bittybuns. That's 4 more from rotation. In a panic I started thinking of who was instock. Sugarplumbabies work well for us and so I checked her out. I am on the list but *just* in case I missed a stocking notice for fmbg. nope! I hope these customs are on the way next week! That will give me a few more to put back in rotation, although I'm behind on replacing those that are being taken out with this latest few.I hope the latest order I placed yesterday comes too! I don't see why not since I ordered instock and only asked for snaps on instead of aplix. Where are the WAHMs! I've emailed the Mamammade WAHM and she hasn't gotten back. Maybe folks are traveling or already gotten sucked in to the season's hustle and bustle.

Well, I haven't checked ebay today...

Oh Amy, seems that the SP was a bad batch. I want to get a couple of them too. I need to check back, the prints I wanted were out of stock.
#3 of 294 Old 12-03-2004, 10:16 AM

Amy~ I just payed very close attention to his bedtime, and the night terrors stopped coming. His were awful! He'd wake up with glazed over eyes, thrashing around, I'd pick him up and he'd be SCREAMING and smacking and kicking me. It'd be about 10 minutes of him totally incoherant, and then he'd crash into a whimpering stage and zonk out. He stopped taking naps at around 15-18 months, and so he gets 12 straight hours a night.

I need to get some bigger covers for night time. Reed's a little over 14 lbs. I want some cute, but cheap ones!!! I guess I'll check out the TP.

For those with gassy babes aconite works best for us. We have the Hyland's Kid's Kit. It saves us each time cold and flu season comes around. Anyway, Reed responds best to the aconite. Miles responded best to the chamomile. It's funny finding the right fit for the 4 of us. Reed was really gassy last night. I can totally feel for him, Thanksgiving I had a piece of cheesecake and it gave me such gas pains I was sobbing and Dh had to rub my tummy in a clockwise motion and it was awful. It's funny I handled birthing a huge babe, and gas pains had me balling like a babe

As far as dad's and babes, I may sound crass, but I feel a father's role is solely to comfort and help mama. Which of course entails holding/snuggleing and changing a dipe or 2, but it's mostly to relieve mom. Then, as babes get older Dad's are WAYYYY more fun for them to play with, and mama's are for booboo's, snuggles, milkies, quiet play etc. I just don't think babe's want anyone but mama when they need to be comforted. They live in our bodies and take from our bodies, so only our bodies will do KWIM? I'm not very eloquent, but I hope everyone understand's what I'm saying And I totally just reiterated what everyone else said :LOL Oh, and I can't spell.

Cort isn't it heaven having a rolly polly! Although your's is growing a little faster then Reed! Watcha feeding that boy :LOL Mama's milk is liquid gold!
#4 of 294 Old 12-03-2004, 11:24 AM

My, you ladies have some wonderfully chunky babies! Miles is 8.5 weeks old and is just over 11 pounds now and I thought he was a tubby little guy!

I haven't posted for a while- just been super busy with the daycare kids, the baby, and now getting sick. Let me just say one thing: Mastitis sucks!

The other day my left breast got a little tender and when I called the LC she said it was probably just a blocked duct and that they tend to resolve themselves within a few days. Well, that night I tossed, turned, didn't sleep well at all and just felt like utter s***. DH brought me a thermometer and sure enough I had a slight fever. I took a couple of Tylenol and spent the rest of the night continuing to toss and turn. In the morning the daycare kids started to arrive and I thought that I was okay. Boy was I wrong! Within a couple of hours I could barely lift my head off the couch! My entire body ached- I can't even describe how terrible I felt. It was all I could do to call all of my daycare families to tell them that I needed to close for the rest of the day. They were all very understanding (all of the moms nursed their babies) and were here within minutes! My husband came home for lunch, took one look at me and said that we were going to the doctor. Once I was in the exam room the nurse took my temperature and you should've seen the look on her face when it was 103.7- her eyebrows shot right up and she said, "Um, let me go get the doctor right away!" I left with antibiotics and diflucan to ward off the yeasties- last thing I need is to get rid of the mastitis only to welcome in thrush!

I'm closed again today and just going to spend the day resting here at home. I can tell when the Tylenol starts to wear off because my fever starts to spike again everytime. Overall though,I feel 100% better than I did the other day- DH said that he's NEVER seen me that miserable, not even when I was in labor!

On a brighter note, the little bit of time I have had online in the past week or so has been dedicated to stalking the TP for diapers! Miles still fits into his small diapers, but they aren't going to fit for much longer so I thought I'd better start hunting for good deals on medium diapers. Believe it or not, someone traded me a BRAND-NEW El Bee for some old diapers that I didn't need anymore! I also scored a FMBG AIO, four Sugar Peas with one cover, and I'm waiting for several other diapers to be shipped to me- a Very Baby AIO, and three Angel Wrap quick dry AIOs. DH balanced the checkbook last night and we are totally broke, so I need to lay off the diaper buying until we manage to catch up a bit. It doesn't help that I've missed so much work this week...

Baby is waking up...there were more things I wanted to mention but I'll have to save it for later!
#5 of 294 Old 12-03-2004, 11:41 AM

Hey yall! I didn't read the last of the last thread, but from the 1st few posts here I got an idea what's going on.
Ella went through a few days last week where she screamed (I mean purple-faced-I-think-I'm-dying-screams) whenever she was out of my arms. [now nak] Dh started to say that she hated him . it passed, but of course she still prefers me 85% of the time.
Momadance, I agree 100% with what you said. Hey we're neighbors by the way! i'm in chattanooga.
Yay! i convinced dh that we ARE gonna start cd'ing! i've been telling him for months that as soon as she could fit in a more adjustable size we were starting, and he finally is showing some interest! well, it might be because i started watching ebay again, and thats always trouble . i'm going to the diapering board too, but want your opinions too. how many covers/dipes do you have? i'm pretty sure i want to use fitteds/wool covers. does wool really work that well? it sounds great but if dh gets peed on he gets pretty ticked, and that would be a strike against cd'ing. not like he changes dipes that often or anything though...

going to the ped on monday. we get to go afterhours though since she's our friend, so less yucky sick kid germs for her to be around. i can't wait to see what she weighs!

ok, time for some diaper shopping! have a good one!
#6 of 294 Old 12-03-2004, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter

Futuremama. Mastitis does suck! It was so awful when I got mastitis when nursing Alias. I am so paranoid that'll happen to me again this time around. Take care of yourself. Hope you get better really soon.
#7 of 294 Old 12-03-2004, 01:02 PM

It took me forever to write that last post so I didn't see your post futuremama. hope you feel better soon!
#8 of 294 Old 12-03-2004, 01:13 PM

Futuremama, hope you recover soon!

CDing: well, I love wool covers, but realisitically they are just for wearing around the house right now. They will wick/sweat eventually and with my heavy wetters I've never felt them reliable enough to put under clothes. Although in the summer Emily wore hers under dresses and they were great. Also nice to give baby's skin a break and breathe more. Wool also tends to be a bit bulky under clothing. But hey, maybe your baby won't be a super wetter like mine, lol. I love love love the Loveybums wool covers, and the price is excellent compared to other wool covers offered online. They are soft and stretchy.

Someone asked about the "reusability" of the BSW covers. Well yes, if baby poops it usually gets on the cover, but Sasha is down to one poop a day now so it's not a problem. If too much urine gets on the cover it can smell a bit of pee, but I'm finding the soakers do such a good job that this doesn't happen to us, unless I go too long between changing him. For boys, the Trim soaker is great b/c you can put the extra absorbancy up front. And I would consider ordering mediums if baby is 10 lb or over. They fit Sasha around that time, and if you are using a super soaker at night it's nice to have the extra room in the cover. What's cool is that the small size soakers fit into the mediums, so you donn't have to go and order a bunch of new soakers. The print covers work fine for us during the day, but if you want to be able to put baby in it for like 5+ hours, I do recommend you try to snag a solid colour PUL one as the prints will wick eventually and personally I don't want to get up at night to change a diaper if baby is happy staying in bed otherwise!

That TP is hopping, eh? So many dipes for sale. Too bad we're all at the same age, as I'm selling off my stash. Letia, I have a couple of Sugar Plum dipes (2 newborn, 2 smalls)...they don't fit too well for us. Would you like them? Maybe the newborns are too small for Mik now, but you can have the smalls...PM me if you're interested.

Well, DD went to bed at 7 last night so DH and I actually got to watch a DVD for trhe first time since we left Cleveland. We saw "Fight club". It was EXCELLENT. No, it's not about boxing and the plot line is twisted, and really interesting. Now I'm up witih Sasha at about 7:15 am, might as well call it a morning rather than go back to bed. Emily is still sleeping so I can go have a cup of tea perhaps! Good start to our day so far!

lovve and hugs to you ladies...what would I do without you?

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#9 of 294 Old 12-03-2004, 01:38 PM

The fact that dd won't spend a bit of time with dh practically has me crying right now. I just need some time away from both of them! The amount of time needed away from dd is much shorter than the amount of time needed away from dh. I would settle for a long hot shower. Like that will happen. I mean, I haven't taken a shower long enough to shave both my legs completely in...well, since she was born. Dh has been home for 2 weeks now and I just need some silence. I am going to go insane. I actually think him being home is contributing to some ppd. As I type this, dd is making little nappy noises on my lap and dh is reading me the news (which I read on my own this morning, I'm a big girl) and I have a trillion other things on my mind. Calgontakemeaway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
/vent moved offline
#10 of 294 Old 12-03-2004, 03:06 PM

piglet, which cleveland?

thia, i TOTALLY understand. you took those words right out of my mouth : dh and i actually got into a screaming fight 2 nights ago.
:
#11 of 294 Old 12-03-2004, 03:07 PM

we got a video camera as an early xmas gift, i can't wait to capture some of Willow's grins on it! and get them up on the web with her pics. you'd think with a mommy who's a web designer the poor baby would have her own web page already, but i'm lucky if i can even eat or go to the bathroom! she sleeps so well at night, but during the day just naps 10-20 min. at a time, and only if i'm holding her.

she slept flat for the first time last night!! woohoo! i put a rolled-up towel under the mattress of her co-sleeper to raise one end up a little. before that she would only sleep in her car carrier at night, which i put in the co-sleeper. or in the crook of my elbow propped sitting up.

this kid realllly likes the Beatles, it's so funny. she was crying really hard in the car yesterday, when she gets like that nothing will comfort her and me and my husband end up practically crying along with her. "Here Comes the Sun" came on the radio and she stopped and fell asleep! so i'm burning a CD to play in the car for her, with music she likes

do your babies show a preference for certain kinds of music?

treehugger.gif Willow (6) says: "Mother Earth is the mother of all mothers"

angel1.gif Phoenix (6/2011) ♥      print-n-color mandalas >photosmile3.gif

#12 of 294 Old 12-03-2004, 03:13 PM

Ashlee-
I do mainly wool and fitteds, but I do have a few AIOs for outings. I love wool, and I love that my baby's wrapped in all-natural fabrics. I don't find more leaks with wool, I find more with PUL. Wool is great for overnight, too...if you find a cover thick enough. (Try an Aristocrat for that, easy to get and pretty cheap!) And while some wool may be bulky, we have a few covers (like our First Class Baby) that are as trim as PUL.

While I love fitteds, it's nice to get a dozen prefolds for wash day, as backup, for going coverless around the house, etc....if you are doing only fitteds, I would aim for about 2 dozen. You could get away with 3 wool covers...I have 5 and it works out great.

Also, if you are feeling overwhelmed by the expense of buying a small,medium, and large system, you can look into getting a one-size diaper like SOS or Pinheads. We have some Pinheads left over from my dd, and Levi fits into them, though they are bulky. There are also many diapers which have two sizes, which can save money too. (ie- size 1 and 2 as opposed to newborn, small, med, large, XL)

I have been taking a lot of pics of Levi in various diapers and covers, LMK if you want me to post em!
#13 of 294 Old 12-03-2004, 04:55 PM

Futuremama, sorry about the mastitis. I hope you heal soon.

Regarding cloth diapers, I mostly use cloth to save money and for enviromental and health reasons, so I am really into simplicity. I nowhere near being a hyena. :LOL For Heidi we didn't start CD'ing until 18 months, so all I used for her was fuzzi bunz stuffed with a prefold at night and bummis, bumkins or proraps with prefolds during the day. It is cheap, effective and simple. Definitely not as fancy as others, but it does the job, I didn't have to shell out a ton of cash. Now, she is POTTY TRAINING, WOO HOO!!!!!, so I just bought some x-large proraps for outings and at night, she is too big for size large.

For Greta, since I didn't have any small or medium diapers and I really like the pocket diaper system, I bought a bunch of wonderoos (pocket diaper which fits 8-35 pounds), which work well. They fit well now when I snap the legs up and has lots of room to grow. Maybe not the trimmest, but again it gets the job done, is simple, I just stuff with either a prefolds or hemp doublers and everything works great. I change what I stuff them with for daytime vs. night. The lining keeps her dry, her skin always feels dry during diaper changes and we don't really have any problems with leaking or wicking, unless I go way too long without changing.

Had a sweet sibling moment yesterday. The girls fell asleep in their carseats holding hands . I am so glad their seats are right next to each other instead on each side of the car. Heidi comforts and holds Greta's hand if she fusses in the carseat. so sweet and cute. I can already tell that Greta adores her big sister. She spends a lot of time awake just looking around, usually looking at me intently, but if Heidi is around she looks at Heidi and smiles at her.

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#14 of 294 Old 12-03-2004, 05:43 PM

nak

[QUOTE=Lucysmama

I have been taking a lot of pics of Levi in various diapers and covers, LMK if you want me to post em! [/QUOTE]

see my sig! got more to upload

whoever said nap with baby was brlliant! I finally got a clue! That was good stuff!

its the weekend! I look forward to spending Friday night with my family. *my* family
#15 of 294 Old 12-03-2004, 05:48 PM

wow.

i miss you guys, so i'm going to try to start posting again!
it's harder though with just one hand!

our little boy logan (hi court!) is now 24 days old. technically i'm a november mama but i'm going to keep hanging out here cause i loved our october due date club so much!

we are so completely in love with him! (of course.)

so, let's see...

diapering: we primarily use prefolds and either litewraps or fuzzibunz. we have a couple fitteds and a couple other wraps, but i don't think i'd buy more of any of those - i just don't like / trust them as much.

slinging: we have one sling - a pouch from walking rock farm that we love. i put my name on the kozy carrier list yesterday but i may sew one myself if i find the time since i don't want to wait 2 months!

nursing: love it. sorry to hear about the mastitis futuremama! sounds awful!

sleeping: logan is a great sleeper. generally at least 4 hour stretches. i'm a bit tired i guess, but nothing major. dh has been taking really good care of us.

daddy comfort: dh had wanted a child for so long i wish he could offer the same level of comfort i can. i know it will come and he understands that, but he feels bad sometimes when our little guys wants nothing other than to nurse, whether for food or comfort. i know he wishes he could provide at the same level. it is compounded slightly with the fact that he will be the stay at home caregiver in february when i go back to work (part time till may or june when i'll switch to full time). today i'm going to try to pump for the first time so he can start trying to offer logan a bottle on occassion and get him used to eating with daddy. somewhat bittersweet for me. i love feeding our baby and i selfishly don't want to share! it's just what needs to happen to fit with our lives. at least i feel lucky that my supply seems really good so pumping and feeding should work ok i think.

sex: ummm, not at all. i'm in the mood but still healing. my perineum feels really good - i had a medium tear that our midwife stitched and that seems to have healed very well. what still feels a bit swollen and not ready were the periurethral tears i had. one on either side. i can't see them in the mirror - i think they are healed on the surface - but i still feel them and they get kind of inflamed when i do lots of walking.

going out: we go on nice long walks but logan hasn't gone anywhere public indoors yet. i think when he's a month old we'll start bringing him to the gym at not-busy times so i can work out again.

ok, guess that's all for now.

i love reading about everyone and their new babes! i'll put up some pics on our yahoo group too since i love seeing everyone elses!

me dh ds1 (11/04) ds2 (7/10) and
#16 of 294 Old 12-03-2004, 06:00 PM

momadance - What is aconite? Is it some sort of thing I can find at a natural foods store?

futuremomma - I am so sorry about the mastitis. I can't even imagine how bad that must feel.

ashlee - How many diapers & covers do I have? Waaay too many (about 15 covers. I think I need to join an addiction support group. I think you only *need* 2-3 dozen. I use pocket diapers that I pre-stuff (dry faster than AIOs) downstairs and in diaper bags, and I use fitteds and covers (nylon & wool) upstairs.

wannabmommie - I'd love to seethe pics!

Slings

I never thought I'd see the day . . . my Eliza is sleeping in a sling! I went to the LLL holiday cookie exchange yesterday, and several moms showed me how to use the sling. One of the leaders took Eliza and showed how to put her in both vertically (like the Baby Bjorn) or horizontally. I think I now know why she tolerated the sling at 5 & 10 days old but never since . . . I have a Maya Wrap and had been using the newborn instructions (setting her inside), but yesterday, my LLL leader had Eliza's feet and part of her head out of the sling. Aha! I never think of Eliza as a large baby because she's so lean, but I was forgetting that she was in the 90th-95th percentile for length at birth. I'll bet she was crying because she soon grew too long for the newborn holds. Anyhow, here she is . . . she has been sleeping in the sling on my chest for the last 2 hours (she'll probably be up soon - if I can get her to eat in the sling, I'll be on cloud 9).

Daddy Bonding

She has a strong preference for me, too. I'm the one who's home full-time, and even evenings and weekends, she's with me 90% of the time because she's such a slooooow eater (45-90 minutes at a shot). He has been interacting with her a bit more in the last couple weeks since she started smiling and making happy noises. He used to throw a fit if I asked him to hold her for a measly 2 minutes so I could go to the bathroom. :

Growth

Today is probably Eliza's last day as a single-digit-weight baby. I can't believe how big your babies are! Eliza doesn't have a roll anywhere. She's still healthy and grows at a good clip . . . she's just naturally lean. At 7.5 weeks, she's now 9 pounds, 15 ounces and just shy of 2 feet long.

Diapers

She's going to be wearing smalls for a long time. We finally had to start using the 2nd (of 4) thigh snaps. I'll bet she'll still be wearing smalls at 6 months old. I've been going a little nuts on covers lately and have justified them to DH as Chanuka presents. We just received a few embroidered wool covers from BBH. Gorgeous!

chanale ✡, ❖bibliophile❖ ❇vegan❇ mom to diva (5½)
madly in with spiritwolf, dad to (9) & (5½)
#17 of 294 Old 12-03-2004, 06:25 PM

I don't believe it. Sasha is asleep in his bouncy seat for the second time today. FIL is here playing with Emily, DH is cooking up a storm, I made muffins, cleaning lady was here this morning...I actually am looking around for something to do, I don't know what to do with myself with this sudden break! lol

Chanale, I'm so glad you figured out the Maya. Usually, it just takes someone to show you IRL. Interesting what you said about Eliza being too long for the newborn hold now. Sasha is also pretty long, and lately I've been thinking his legs may be getting uncomfortable being bunched up in the bottom of the pouch/sling. I've started experimenting with having his legs sticking out at the bottom. It's tricky because you don't want the fabric edge to cut into their skin. I learned with DD to fold the bottom rail of my Maya so that the folded edge is against her legs, that way she didn't get marks on her legs. Since Sasha is too little for the hip carry yet, I'm trying to get it so he has enough support under his bum that I don't need to worry that he'll fall out the bottom of the sling when I get moving.

flitters, good to hear from you! when you start pumping, don't be concerned if you don't get too much at first. Pumps aren't as good as baby at getting the milk out, and also some women find their breasts need to "get used" to pumping (or more likely, you get better at it). Just wanted to give you some encouragement. I know mamas who think that what they pump is all they have, and then they worry.

I've been trying to get our family all together for a group photo so I can make Christmas cards with our pic on them. You'd think it wouldn't be too hard, it's just the four of us, but either Emily's not in a smiling mood, or DH hasn't shaved, or I'm in my jammies, etc. I've pretty much given up having a shot of us outside (to show off the lovely scenery here) and will be happy if I can just get us on the sofa, lol. I have to order the cards by Monday to get them in time for Xmas.

Letia, I loved the way you said "*my* family"....doesn't it feel amazing? It's one of the unexpected joys in my life, just how much I love having a family of my own. Family is just wonderful, especially when it's one you've created with a special partner.

Speaking of partners...we haven't heard from Beansmama...I wonder how she and her partner are doing with their lovely little girl? Delurk!!

Okay, well I think I hear baby stirring. Gonna go check on my muffins, too.

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#18 of 294 Old 12-03-2004, 06:30 PM

Just a quick hello! My little guy is 5 weeks already! Time is going so fast...

Henry has been nursing every two hours the last few days, and nights. Ug. It is so exhausting. I finally got smart though and stopped changing his diaper every time he nursed at night. That's what would really wake him up and start the fussing. If I just nurse him in bed he falls right back to sleep again. I feel a little guilty leaving the guy wrapped in his own pee though...

Well my first week as a SAHM without DH went pretty well. We've been out and about every day. I'm getting pretty comfortable with nursing in public. Monday in an empty coffee shop, Tues in a crowded coffee shop (new acronym 'nac', nursing at cafe!), and Wed in a busy area of a busy shopping mall. Most people just smile as they glance our way, but there were a few grumbly old men muttering to themselves. Funny thing is, they can't stop staring! :LOL You know who seems to have a real problem with nip? Teenage girls! They make these disgusted horrified faces like they're about to vomit or something. You'd think I was sitting there feeding my baby dog poop.

CDing: We have diaper service for 12 weeks, and I actually like it a lot. CPFs are so simple and much faster to change than fitteds (for us anyway). I'll probably stick with CPFs when the service runs out. We the Sugar Peas wool covers and my soakers, but use pul for night. Our 70 diapers for the week always runs out by day five or six, so then we switch to our fitteds. I love FMBGs. Muttaqins are still a bit too bulky. Wonderoos don't work at all. His pee and poop leak right out the leg holes, especially if I'm nursing him. All over my lap! Maybe his thighs are still too skinny?

My maternity leave is over one month from today. Already! I still haven't decided what to do. I told boss I'd go back part-time, but I don't want to deal with all the bm pumping hassles and juggling DH and my schedule to avoid daycare... My job is so easy and flexible, I feel like a fool giving it up! I can work nights or weekends if I want, and I have zero supervision. It's also a little bit of alone time, which I feel I'll need, but then I feel guilty for wanting it! Ug. What to do? Money is definitely an issue too. DH works for the state and has been on a salary freeze for three years, with no end in sight. : I hate being dependent on him, too. Our budget allows for $50 a month in personal expenses (haircuts, coffee, gifts, clothes....) which just doesn't seem like enough. Sorry I'm me me me.... I hate the thought of being away from DS, but hate being broke, too....

BTW, I work in a research laboratory, so working at home is not an option. Neither is taking DS to work...

Slings: Henry is getting irritated with the Hotsling. KKAFP is great for outdoors but waaaay too hot inside. Moby wrap is our fave right now I guess. The tummy hold is the most comfortable in the Moby. And it's the only one that doesn't hurt my back.
#19 of 294 Old 12-03-2004, 06:38 PM

Suzanne~ Aconitum Napellus should find it at your local HFS.

Slings- Reed's been in a kangaroo hold for his alert periods today and loving it.I wouldn't worry about squishing legs for a looooong time! Like months and months and months!

Flitters~ yo mama! Nice to hear from ya!
#20 of 294 Old 12-04-2004, 12:00 AM

Just a quick check-in.

Futuremama...hope you have a quick recovery. I have only had mastitis once and that was more than enough.

Flitters..goood to hear from you!

Nancy...hope you find what is best for your family. I know that I have no regrets staying home, but it is challenging at times.

Well all has been busy here today. Quinn did NOT sleep well at all last night and was up for the whole morning. He finally fell asleep around 3 pm for his first nap. He is now sleeping deeply. Not sure what was up. He usually naps the morning away and then is alert in the late afternoon and evening. He still wants to be awake also from 9-12pm. Trying to get that changed. Maybe his "awakeathon" will help get a new schedule going.

Meli...all of my boys love any type of music. I am a musician so I am hoping that its in their blood as well. DS#2 sings all the time, its very cute. The other night he crawled in bed with me and we took turns singing songs to each other till he finally fell asleep.

Ok dh is off to work for the night..going to watch a movie with my "little men."
#21 of 294 Old 12-04-2004, 12:38 AM

Hi Mamas! Glad to see a new thread. It takes me forever at the computer.......Angelo is always right here.

Napping...............Doon't babies do that anymore?

Nursing................going through a growth spurt and nursing all of the time. Futuremama....I hope you are better soon. That is so painful! Take good care of yourself.

Daddy.............he swears Angelo doesn't like him. Difficult for mama because he wants to be held all day. Ds and dd make that a little difficult. Maybe I am just a wimp!

Slings..............I am in love with my KKAFP! Who knew you could feel like you have four arms!

Pictures.........I want to see all of the Oct babies! I hope to get a pic of Angelo up soon.

Lucysmama................The weirdest thing happend. I had read the post about bathtime with Levi. Bathtime for us wasn't so peaceful. I took Angelo in with me, he was crying and I told him that his buddy Levi loved bathtime with mommy. I kid you not, he stopped crying and smiled at me! Since then, bath time is his favorite!

Gotta go.....................have to nurse again!
Love to all of the mammas and families,
Angela

Ps.............I will try not to be a stranger! Time is going faster than I can!

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#22 of 294 Old 12-04-2004, 04:11 AM - Thread Starter

Had a very mellow rainy day here. Alias is still feeling a bit sick so the whole family hunkered in for some quality family time all together in bed and watched the Wizard of OZ. There was also some wrestling and general rough housing invloved to but what do you expect when you've got 3 boys in your bed? It was really nice. I just love my guys!

I wanted to tell you all of the MDC needy mom & helper mom thread. Some fabulous women have gotten together to start up a kind of secret santa here at MDC to help out the families here who are struggling financially during the holidays. I really encourage you all to check it out whether you're a mom in need or a mom who can help out.
http://mothering.com/discussions/sho...d.php?t=220077
#23 of 294 Old 12-04-2004, 02:49 PM

mirthfulmum, that is great of you to spread the word! I was hoping they would do this again...we did it last year and it was great!
#24 of 294 Old 12-04-2004, 02:50 PM

I just want to cry.

First of all, I'm still dealing with mastitis and now as an added bonus I've started my period at only eight weeks post-partum.

This week has just sucked.
#25 of 294 Old 12-04-2004, 03:04 PM

Hang in there, FutureMama!
#26 of 294 Old 12-04-2004, 03:06 PM

Does anyone have any info on this. I've been taking chlorophyll for a loooooooooong time, and I have an over abundant milk supply. When I don't take it, I miss it, but I'd consider not taking it if there were truley a link.

Hope all is well with everyone. Kangaroo hold is Reed's true love. We're taking the boys to a tree lighting ceremony tonight. Sounds like it should be really nice. There will be a bell choir, carollers, santa, cider and coco, and lots of wooded paths that have been decorated with lights. Rumor has it Santa'll be there too!
#27 of 294 Old 12-04-2004, 03:08 PM

Sorry to hear that! Get well vibes heading your way
#28 of 294 Old 12-04-2004, 03:43 PM

nak
last night was terrible. She didn't want to sleep. I was a wreck. Dh had to take her and he just walked with her. He got her all calmed down, she ate a little and passed out. It was 2am. Needless to say I haven't cried that much in a while. We slept (not straight through of course) until noon. I feel like my day is half over.....
Future mamma... sorry to hear af is back, hugs.
#29 of 294 Old 12-04-2004, 06:07 PM

FutureMama!
#30 of 294 Old 12-04-2004, 06:27 PM

hello, mamas!

hope you all are having good weekends.

we had our Christmas party for church last night... we do what is called a pregressive supper where we eat hors devours at one house, soup at another house, main course at another and dessert at another...at the dessert house we o our gift exchange...it's a relly fun game where you cn steal gifts away from people and they keep going from person to person uintil the last gift is opened and when that one is opened you get whatever you had at the moment...it's fun! i took ella, of course. she was in rare form... she was so fussy...don't know what her deal was...she slept for awhile at the last place so that was good.

tonight mom is watching the boys and we are going out to eat...the guy that works for us gave us a gift certificate to a local restaurant last year for Christmas and it expires today!! thought we better use it or we'll lose it!

had my 6 wk checkup yesterday...all is good. he said ella is drop-dead gorgeous! :LOL he's so funny!

Future mama...sorry about the mastitis and af....hope you are feeling better.

daddy bonding.....i guess this has never been an issue with us. dh just expects/knows that the babies to prefer mommy and has never been offended by it. it does get better the older they get and even then he knows that they will always still prefer mommy to some extent and he is totally fine with that. hope all the daddy's find great ways to feel bonded with their little ones...i'm sure they are all great daddy's!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page