Jan/Feb 2004*End of the Year! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-03-2004, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thought I'd start a new thread...hard to believe the babies are 10/11 months old this month! They'll be toddlers soon!

We've been sick all week, Aidan seemed to be the best at popping back*2 days sick and over* and here I am still miserable.

He still isn't walking (I know, I know...but my older son walked at 8 1/2 months so this is wierd), has taken a couple of steps here and there and will stand at our shoe bin with a shoe in his hand but as soon as he drops the shoe, he falls.

We have our Christmas tree up, and have had to slowly migrate things towards the top. I've told him "No" and he'll just point his finger at me and laugh. :LOL So tempting!

He just cut his first "fang", so we're up to 5 teeth and are totally off of pureed foods now. He's eating most everything that we do (save any tomato products since they don't agree with his bum) and meats. He has tried fish and some shredded chicken breast and turkey, but nothing more. Who am I kidding? We don't eat anything other than fish or poultry anyways!

How are all the rest of our tots?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2004, 07:36 PM

I know, I can't believe their birthdays are right around the corner. Abi is turning FOUR in a few days! I can't believe that four years ago today I knew nothing about motherhood. I had a lot of dreams, but no doses of reality. Kids will do that to you. :LOL Now when I see a pg mama who looks like it's her first one, I mentally tell her to brace herself because it's a wild ride.

Well Nitara is still doing great. She's 50th percentile for weight, 75th for height. FTT is so far back in my memory now. She's a big girl. Her feet are huge so I think she's going to be a tall one. Nitara is still 100% tube fed. Won't take bottles or cups at all, except a few sips of water when she feels like it. Most days she won't eat more than a cheerio or two, but on the good days she will just blow me away by eating a jar of babyfood, 1/3 of a mashed banana, etc. The good days are about every 2 weeks. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers on the 7th. She is getting a new tummy button (tube) and it's going to hurt her badly for it to be pulled out, even with pain meds. I am dreading it, but the new button will hopefully be an improvement to our quality of life.

Developmentally she's started to cruise, and I've caught her a few times standing alone for up to 3 seconds. The toddler within is starting to emerge and it's not a pretty picture! : She is having small tantrums already, and has a very definite idea of what she wants (usually things she can't have) and when she wants it (now). Just like with Abi, distraction does not work with Nitara. She locks in on it and won't forget. Oh well, it will make for an exciting life. As if we needed more excitement! To make matters worse she's cutting 3 teeth right now. Has a blood blister on one gumline and I can clearly see two other teeth under the skin. When those come through she'll have 8 total.

Abi is offically being homeschooled and doing great. She loves it and even asks for school on weekends. I like the attention that it allows me to give her, and she of course likes that too. Dh just got a p/t job at Target to help ease the strain, and we are bracing ourselves for Pediasure costs after Nitara turns 12 mos. b/c insurance may not cover it. We'll get through this though.

Well that's my long and rambling update. I'm looking forward to reading about your babies and familes.

Darshani

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

Old 12-03-2004, 10:22 PM

I hope everyone starts feeling better. And I hope everything goes well for Nitara next week too.

Alyssa will be 10 months tomorrow. She sounds a lot like Nitara, she focuses in on the worst possible thing she could want to play with and won't give up (Electric outlets, Christmas Lights). We also have shelves of packing supplies for our business in the home office and she loves to empty the shelves and sit in a pile of envelopes, usually chewing on a few of them. She's definitely keeping me on my toes. She doesn't seem too interested in walking. She loves to climb and she will let go of things and look like she is thinking about walking, but then she decides it would be a lot faster to just crawl, so down she goes. She's a fast crawler though, I turn my back for a second and it takes a minute to find her. She has 4 teeth and one more on the top coming through.

She's still mostly bfing. She loves Cheerios. She will also eat rice cakes, crackers, anything she can easily pick up and feed herself. She's not into being fed though, so she'll only eat a few bites when I try to feed her. I need to start making some good finger foods for her.

Can't wait to hear how everyone else is doing.
Old 12-04-2004, 12:01 AM

I thought I'd jump in here if it is OK with everybody. My little girl will be turning 10 months in about 2 weeks. It is so hard to believe the first birthday is coming up so quickly. I'm just not ready to admit that she's growing up so rapidly. I've enjoyed this time too much for it to be gone.

On a happier note, Tessa is developing well. We call her our little Budda...she is just so babishly rolly-polly!! It is amazing how quickly she can get around with all those rolls! She has become fascinated with the discovery that she can get under and/or over things. She loves to crawl under, up, and around the legs of our dining room chairs. She has yet to walk independently, but creeps everywhere and manages to keep up with her older brother (much to his dispair). They already have had some battles over toys.

We moved Tessa into the next size of cloth diaper. Amazingly, she and her brother are now in the same size! It is wonderful how adjustable the diapers are!! Hopefully, this size will last them until they are potty trained.

It is wonderful to hear all the news from the other babies. I look forward to having the opportunity to get to "know" other mothers of children the same age as Tessa.

Mom to ds (7/02), dd(2/04), ds (9/07), and dd 9/09
Old 12-04-2004, 03:17 PM

Hi everyone!
Nice to hear about all the babies I will keep Nitara in my thoughts on the 7th. A friend's dd has a tube and I was there when they took it out and replaced it with another so I know how heartwrenching it can be.

We're doing well. The girls will be 11 months tomorrow. Ella is walking really well and Sadie has just started walking. Now new teeth recently, Sadie has 8 and Ella has 5. Sleep is becoming a bit of an issue for us Some nights are okay but some nights are crazy and they both wake again and again and it's so draining. So far, the good nights outnumber the bad so I'm still handling it pretty well The girls are loving solids (so different than dd#1!) and eat 3 meals a day and get annoyed if I'm late with one of them! They eat pretty much everything - although we haven't done much dairy.

Darshani, I'm glad that Abi is liking school. We're looking into homeschooling but I'm wondering about the logistics of it - what does Nitara do while you and Abi do school? My babies still sleep on me in the slings so we don't even have nap time. What works for you guys? And are you using any type of cirrucclum (ummm, totally messed up that spelling, how *do* you spell it?!)

Skydancer, welcome - nice to "meet" you
Old 12-06-2004, 06:35 AM

I got lost a few months back but I finally have some time to update! Working and caring for kiddos is way too hard. Wish I had more time! Couldn't sleep so here I am.

Dd is doing well. She's cruising and I'm sure she can walk, she's just not telling us. :LOL She can climb though and recently fell down the stairs when she showed us her new trick...climb the stairs and fall down! : Seems she cracked a tooth as well. Poor girl. A bit of bruising on the forehead and hurt pride but that was all thankfully. She is keepig up with her brother and I think she eats more than he does. He likes to feed her whatever he's eating so I've given up on controlling what she eats. Thankfully we've seen no signs of allergies. Unfortunately, Ds just had another allergic reaction to something so our list of allergies continues to grow. Looks like both my kids will have weight gain issues though. Dd has been between 17.5 and 18 lbs for nearly three months now no matter how much she's nursing and feeding. *sigh* Someone tell me this is normal! Oh, and one more thing...she's signing the word for "nurse" now. Too cute!

PS. I'll be keeping Nitara in my thoughts. *hugs*
Old 12-06-2004, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter

Wendygrace, I think around this age (the past 3 months you said) it's normal for their weight to plateau. Of course, Aidan is a BIG boy (25 pounds) but he's been about this weight since his 6 month checkup or before, so he's also plateaued.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:33 PM

Homeschooling with a baby-- now that's kinda tough but I make it work. Nitara is pretty good at entertaining herself and crawling around. When she wants me I try to hold her and stand over Abi, or take a break and play a game. Yesterday we played The Gingerbread Man (a version of tag) and Nitara loved riding on my hip for that. If I don't have the energy to be creative with the baby, I put on Baby Mozart. : Nitara can watch it or play, her choice, but most of the time she'll look up for a bit, then go back to playing. It buys me some time.

I use Calvert (www.calvertschool.com) and Abi is in Kindergarten level. It only takes about 30-45 mins. to do most of the lesson. Dh then comes home and does math with her for about 15 mins. She's learning to do some busy work by herself. I'll set her up with something and she'll do it and then I sit with her for the next part and read a story or whatever. I like Calvert because they lay it all out for you and provide the lesson plans and books, even craft supplies. A lot of people would think it's too structured though.

Well Nitara's thing is tomorrow! Yikes!!

Darshani

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

Old 12-07-2004, 03:41 AM

I'm glad to hear/see/read everyone is doing good!!

Bryce is just the best! He is always so jolly. Not happy but jolly. He still has pudgy little cheeks and everything else. I think he is probably about 23 or 24 pounds. He has gotten really long but not much heavier. He has been walking for small bits (since about 9.5 months) until this weekend. He has really taken off. He goes nice and slow and stops to balance but he walks across the room just for a toy!

The boys are really starting to appreciate one another too.

Bryce still nurses a couple times a day and at least once a night but other than that he wants finger foods. He loves to shovel greenbeans and peas into his mouth! I'm not used to a babe that isn't attached to the breast all day. its kinda nice

So, its been 10/11 months...anyone pg again yet??

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
Old 12-07-2004, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by its_our_family
So, its been 10/11 months...anyone pg again yet??
Better not happen here, or I'm suing a doc! :LOL I had my tubes REMOVED. Of course, Aidan was our OOPS!...see the age differences?

ETA:...changed my sig...2 nights and 2 days with no binky!
Old 12-07-2004, 05:27 PM

I'm still pretty new here but wanted to jump in. When I was pregnant I spent a lot of time on Babycenter and I remember a couple of you from there. Darshani, I remember you especially because we were both due Feb 9th and your website inspired to me cloth diaper. I'm thinking about Nitara and the rest of your family today.

Emma is doing great! I'm torn between being sad that she is growing so fast and being excited for her to learn to walk, talk, etc. She is cruising everywhere but no walking yet. Like pp said, she loves envelopes. We have a box of them in our TV stand and she will get in there and pull them out one by one. They will keep her busy for a long time!

She is just now cutting her third tooth, the top right. She's had two on the bottom forever. She still breastfeeds a bunch during the day and several times during the night but I don't mind. She likes to play with food but doesn't really eat very much. Some days she doesn't eat at all and is still getting probably 95 percent of her nutrition from breastmilk.

On Saturday dh and I went to his company Christmas party and it was the first time I've ever been apart from dd. My parents drove three hours here to watch her but I was still incredibly nervous. We were gone just under four hours and she was fine the whole time. By the time we got back she was just starting to get fussy/hungry and I was really aching to hold her again (plus my breasts were about to explode!). Since it went so well, I may even go out again someday!

I love hearing about everyone else's babies!
Old 12-07-2004, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkenny
Wendygrace, I think around this age (the past 3 months you said) it's normal for their weight to plateau. Of course, Aidan is a BIG boy (25 pounds) but he's been about this weight since his 6 month checkup or before, so he's also plateaued.
That's good to hear. I get so nervous as ds was nearly labeled FTT. Your baby is as big as my 2 1/2 yr old, btw! This girl is going nuts with the food though. She insists on eating everything we eat now. I tried to nurse her when I got home from work today before dinner and she was having none of it. She wanted my spaghetti! She did chow down with me right before bed though.

Thinking of Nitara!

Oh and no, not pg here! We haven't had since dd was 3 months old as we are both exhausted with two small kids!
Old 12-08-2004, 12:00 AM

Wanna know a great baby toy? My aunt brought a box of Kleenex for Thanksgiving to give to Nitara. It was the cube shaped box and they kept popping up each time she pulled. She thought that was so funny. Then Abi would gather them and stuff them back in and Nitara would pull them out again. They didn't pop out the second (and third and fourth!) time but by then Nitara didn't care, she was having such a fun time. I also buy the old mags from the library for dd's school collages and for Nitara to rip up.

We hardly have intimate time anymore. It's too much trouble. I'd rather sleep. Dh and I know that we are at a special time in our lives when sex is just one of those icings on the cake. He got fixed a couple of mos. ago but still had some live swimmers with the last test. The nurse told him to have sex more often, he needed to do it like 15 times to get them all out. How embarrassing that she had to tell us that.

Nitara had her procedure today. It's like she has this rubber tube with a mushroom shape holding inside the tummy, and the part on the outside of her tummy has a port to connect the feeding tube to. It's like a big body piercing and the skin has healed around the feeding button. Her procedure was like having an earring yanked out without taking the back off first. There was a lot of screaming but I think it was mostly due to being held down by the nurse. I waited outside the room. I just couldn't be there to see it. I didn't hear any change of screaming when they pulled it out, I think she was already so upset by being held down that she didn't realize what else was going on. There was blood running from the stoma (hole where the tube goes) to her diaper. It was normal or so they said. What a horrible day, but it's over now and the new feeding button is much easier to get in and out. She napped and woke up and is not acting any differently so I guess she's okay.

Darshani

Old 12-08-2004, 01:11 AM

I mostly lurk : but I love seeing what everyone else's babies are doing and wanted to join in!

Jordan turned 10 months on the 29th of Nov. She is standing on her own, cruising the furniture, and, much to the displeasure of the cats, crawling very speedily around the house. She walks with very little support but I'm wondering how soon she'll start really going on her own because she's such an efficient little crawler!

She also babbles a lot. She says mama and dada to the correct parent and especially says mamamamama when she wants to nurse. She also waves hi and bye and when she drops something goes, "uh uh!"

The teeth are slow. She got the bottom middle two on the 8 month mark, and her top gums are bursting now (plus I *feel* them coming in... ouch!) She is a trooper though.

She also eats what seems like a lot to me and nurses plenty, but she's lower on the growth chart than I would have expected. DH and I are both tall and medium build, but she's 45th% for weight (85th% for height). Her calories must be going straight to her gigantic noggin, which is 99th% :LOL In the meantime she enjoys lots of veggies and fruits and breads. When we went out to lunch on Sat with great grandma and grandma she did great sitting with us in the restaurant and ate a ton of spicy stuff from my plate!

She is having surgery to get the tubes put into her ears on Thursday She's had so many ear infections and they make her so miserable. I'm really hoping this helps. Keep your fingers crossed for her. General anesthesia is scary :

And to you Darshani. Hope Nitara is doing well.
Old 12-08-2004, 02:43 AM

Jordan and Bryce have the same bday

Old 12-08-2004, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordansmommy
She is having surgery to get the tubes put into her ears on Thursday She's had so many ear infections and they make her so miserable. I'm really hoping this helps. Keep your fingers crossed for her. General anesthesia is scary :
I'll be thinking of you on Thursday. I know it's scary, but honestly, I'd take general any day because they don't know what's happening. It's very quick. Hope she starts feeling better soon. BTW Nitara is one infection away from tubes. About 2 mos. ago after her 5th round of antibiotics someone here at MDC suggested giving Nitara cod liver oil to prevent more infections. I give her 1 capsule every other day. She's had two bad colds since then, and we've avoided more ear infections! I just thought I'd pass this on as some useful info. We are vegetarians but I'm making this one exception.

Darshani

Old 12-08-2004, 02:54 AM

I know it isn't Bryce but in 2 weeks T goes for dental work where they will put him under. I'm nervous about it too!

Old 12-08-2004, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its_our_family
I know it isn't Bryce but in 2 weeks T goes for dental work where they will put him under. I'm nervous about it too!
Aww
It will be fine. My friend's 2yo had work done and she was awake for it. The put her in a papoose like thing and she screamed the whole time. Abi's dentist says it's much better to gas them and put them under. So you are doing a good thing mama.

Darshani

Old 12-08-2004, 09:28 PM

They'll give him some drink to make him zonk out, then give gas, then use a papoose. I'm not looking forward to it at all because he ahtes ti when something makes him sleepy.

Right now Tracy and Bryce are running...well, T is running and B is toddling, through my blinds. Grrrr, I'm trying to stay calm but they're going to break them and it aggrivates me to her the sound of the blinds smacking the wall. However, you should hear them both cackle :LOL

Old 12-09-2004, 05:27 PM

It is nice to hear that everyone's babies are doing well. Nikolas is now 10 months old. He will stand if put up next to the couch, but still has not figured out how to pull himself up. This is such a big difference from my other kiddos. DS #1 was running by 10.5 months! He still crawls military style, and can get to anywhere in the house this way.

Nikolas dropped off of the chart at his 9 month well check. He weighed 16 lbs. This is also what my 3 yo did at the same time. So far he isn't being labeled FTT yet, but he has a weight check tomorrow. I don't feel as if he has gained much, so I'm not expecting him to be back on the chart already. He still BFs often and has started taking more solids. He is just little. My 3 yo has gone through all kinds of tests, and I'm not ready to start all that again with this one. :
Old 12-10-2004, 03:11 AM

Hi!- I too am a mostly-lurker... And MoMomma- I was a February Babycenter mom too I remember you, Darshani, as well... I am glad to hear that Nitara's procedure went well. Ava will be 10 months on Saturday! I almost fell over at her 9 month visit when her pedi. said "we'll see her at a year!" I can't belive it! She is SO funny now... She "talks" non-stop- just babbles on and on. She is now saying "mama" and meaning it and just yesterday looked at DH and pointed (another new trick) and said "dada?" It was cute

She cut her FIRST and ONLY tooth on Halloween! She learned to cruise at about 8 months and can now pull herself up on anything and walk on everything. She decided just last week that food was okay and now will eat anything that goes near her. She literally begs off of our plates It's SO funny because she was totally unwilling to eat anything (especially anything involving a spoon) forever and now- anything and everything is GREAT! But she is still getting atleast 95% of her calories from BFing.

She is really good with the xmas tree/cats/dog and LOVES my best friends 8 week old son that I watch 3 days a week, She tries to share with him- picks out her favorite toy and crawls over to him. She'll pull out his binky and try to put the toy in instead. It's cute Speakin of binkies- she gave hers up on her own at about 7 months- just wouldn't take it one day. All done with that...

Her weight plateaued at about 21 lbs. - about the same since September- glad to hear that is normal. I was worried that her refusal to eat was causing her not to gain enough. She is having some sleep issues lately, I wonder if it might be a new tooth coming. She woke up almost 10 times last night *sigh* crying and looking for her nursies.

PG again now?? No way! Watching my friends DS has convinced me that I don't want another until this one is more independent... We are thinking 3 to 4 years apart. But first we have to find time to BE together again! happy holidays and hugs to everyone's babes!

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

Old 12-10-2004, 06:16 AM

I'm glad to meet you new mammas!

I love the name Avery! But it doesn't work with our last name... Avery Moore... sounds weird :LOL

I'm in my freak out time of the month....does anyone else do that? About a week before af is due I seem to freak that somehow we screwed up and I'm pg again! We are done with babes. While I would love a third I just don't know how we would do it. Especially with the age the boys are...2.5 and 10 months...I would go crazy :LOL

Old 12-10-2004, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome to all the new people!

5 nights and days with no binky, so we are officially DONE! I need to hit my brother up for the $20 he bet me (his 2 1/2 year old is still on his )...not that I would COLLECT, but just razz him. :LOL

Megan...I think Avery Moore sounds cool! (My maiden name was Moore. )
Old 12-11-2004, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkenny
Megan...I think Avery Moore sounds cool! (My maiden name was Moore. )
I second that! I'm partial though Avery was on our list of BOYS names and we were going to name DD McKinnons (my dad was born and raised in Scotland and is of the clan McKinnon). Once we met DD, she just wasn't a McKinnon. So we debated for two days and kept coming back to Avery. It's hard with last names As a matter of fact she was almost Avery Sutherland until we realized that with our last name her initials would be A.S.S.

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

Old 12-11-2004, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemyavery
As a matter of fact she was almost Avery Sutherland until we realized that with our last name her initials would be A.S.S.
:LOL We had to rethink Abi's name for the same reason. Abirami Shanti Sukumaran was out, in favor of Abirami Neha Sukumaran.

Darshani

Old 12-11-2004, 05:20 PM

Good to meet all you new mommies!

Jordan's procedure went really well. It was over in 5 minutes - literally - and she was out of the general anesthesia 5 minutes after that! The hospital staff was GREAT. Very reassuring, and they made every effort to let us be with her every minute (except for the 5 minutes where they put the tubes in).

The rest of the day was ok - she had a nice 2 hour nap after we got home and was back to her old self after that

So hopefully no more ear infections! And thank you all for your wishes... it really helped

Incidentally, she was crawling around this morning and we were trying to get attention calling Jordan! Jordan! She just kept going :LOL So I guess it was "selective hearing" and not hearing issues before!

Oh and our new news... she signed "more" and "all done!" Good stuff. Love that comprehension!
Old 12-11-2004, 11:07 PM

I posted once or twice months and months ago . . . : but I am just so excited today I want to share with EVERYONE I know (or don't know) :LOL

My baby boy is walking! He has such good timing, too - he did it for the first time while his daddy and I were right there together watching! And several times since. He still thinks its easier to hold onto somebody's hand, though - I'm sure it'll be a few weeks before he's really going, going, gone on his own. He's 9 1/2 months (born at the end of Feb) will be 10 on Christmas Eve.

Another great thing I'm too embarrased to tell anyone IRL - dh and I got to "snuggle" for the first time w/out having left ds with a grandma. (I swear, I never knew sneaking around to have sex was so much work, not having done it as a teenager!) Ds slept through us both getting up & coming back to bed - a FIRST! It was nice

But no, I'm not pg and though I love all things related to pg & birth, I really don't want to be - I'm a WOHM (only 30 hrs & I take ds w/me, but it's still too hard, as a pp said) and I can't imagine surviving a 1st trimester, working, and being any kind of mom to ds. Also, it would be TERRIBLE if my milk dried up - I don't see ds giving up his boobahs any time soon voluntarily (fine by me!)

Here as mama to W (2/04), R (5/06), D (7/09), and J (12/9/12!), co-parenting with my DH

I WOH part-time, am a doula & childbirth educator, home/unschool, and hope we are nearing the center of chaos

Old 12-12-2004, 08:06 PM

Hi

Good to hear about all your babies. Celeste is doing well and went to Texas in October and England in November! She did great and the flight went ok.

She is cruising and standing on everything and trying to stand from a crawling position, and letting go when she is standing on the couch. She is into everything and distraction DOES NOT WORK! My dh is being very difficult about child-proofing and never have a baby with someone who has 4 older kids as they think they know everything and is not AP. (Sorry very frustrated right now). I think it will be a while before she walks though. She is about 26 lbs and definitely plateaued at 6 months she actually lost 2 lbs when she started to crawl and went down to 25 lbs. Lots of Gerber Baby comments, and cheek comments still.

I am co-sleeping with her on a twin bed right now and still breastfeeding. She likes food but has to feed herself so had finger foods, and use the mesh feeder for vegetables, and she likes to eat some of what I am eating.

She has still 8 teeth and getting more, and has been biting me while nursing but has settled down now. Ouch!

The sign language is going ok she understands a lot and signs some. But she says a lot of words as a result, consistently says Mama, Dada, Dog, Cat, Book, Bath, More (with sign) and waves bye, claps, does so big and points and gives big wet kisses. I think the signing has helped a lot with communication and learning words and highly recommend it.

Forgot to add that she barks like the dogs when they bark and carries things in her mouth like a dog too. Its cute, her first word was Dog too. Oh well

Who stole my signature!
Old 12-13-2004, 03:48 AM

Hi mamas,
New here, and have enjoyed reading all of your posts. I'm glad to hear that both Nitra and Jordan's procedures went well.

My little one will be 11 months on Tuesday. He runs, occasionlly walks, but he's in a hurry to get everywhere and runs around the couch & coffee table chasing the cats and squealing, it's awsome. Although I dread that his fearless side will have us on a first name basis with the emergency room staff when he's a little older.

Today he ate an entire 4 oz container of 'yo baby' yogurt :LOL . I was in shock. He likes food okay, but is just too busy for it most of the time, and rarely eats half of that. Kind of like his nursing habits. He nurses around 10-15 times a day, just stops by for a quick snack and then off and running. He nurses minimum of three and up to 8 times a night too. Good thing I'm a hard sleeper, and I sleep naked. DH has witnessed him finding my boob, and nursing without waking me.

We gave up the pacifier at around 8 months. At the county fair a goat took it from him. Literally had it in his mouth sucking on it, this goat had obviously been bottle fed with a rubber nipple before. So anyway that one went in the trash, and he was perfectly happy the rest of the day and the ride home without it. So we just never offered it again, and he was fine with that. Although when we play with other babies who hav paci's he does try to take them.

Looking forward to his first Christmas, and trying really hard to get into the spirit. Family issues are a bit rough right now and it hasn't been easy. I finally had it today and was up on the ladder hanging the lights outside the house myself. Don't know why I didn't just do it earlier, but I suppose being a guy it had become my boyfriends "job" to do it. Speaking of jobs, my boyfriend quit his three months ago and we are running out of $$. His plan was to finish fixing up the house (we got a fixer upper, and have done little) then sell it and travel for a while bfore settling back down and looking into a new career. Can you say mid-life crisis? Unfortunatley he hasn't done much more than play video games and internet poker the last three months. Hmmmm, wonder why it's such a struggle for me to get in the Christmas spirit. Don't even get me started on my parents!

No babies planned soon. I was thinking three years separation would work well. But I have such a special time with my little man that most of the time I just don't want to even think of spliting my time with him. I am relieved to hear that I'm not the only one not having sex! Doesn't make the situation better, but at least I'm not alone!
Old 12-13-2004, 04:00 AM

Well, we all have had the stomach flu and as of now...Bryce has been spared.

When T was this exact saem age he got a stomach bug and puked for 7 days. I don't think I can go through that again.

You know, when T was this age all I could think about was having another babe. This time around its the opposite! My 2 boys are great and no I do not want to try for a girl! (despite what ppl tell me!)

User Tag List