coughing, sneezing baby - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-07-2004, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
coughing, sneezing baby

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey there, I'm looking for advice on what to do. Since dd was born in Aug, she's sneezed or coughed a tiny bit each day. Just a little *cough, cough* periodically, and a couple of sneezes. I thought it would stop, but it hasn't. Actually, the last day, she's coughing a bit more often. She isn't seeming sick at all- no running nose, no fever, happy as usual. However, yesterday she had green muscous slime in her poop. Just a bit. After the birth (ended up w/a c-section ) I was in tons of pain, and had to be re-admitted and put on super heavy antibiotics for an infection. I had to take these stupid things at home for 5 days after being back in the hosp for 2 days.
I've recently begun eating super healthy, so I'm hoping that will help. I'm looking into getting probiotics for myself today in hopes it will pass through my milk.
I take her for about 2 walks a day- not very long since it's cold (Canada) and I carry her and she's heavy , while we go out, I open all our windows and turn the heat down to get fresh air in the house and kill any germs. My dh was asking if taking her for a walk is a good idea since she's coughing a big. Again, it's not very much, but a bit more than usual. He had heard that going outside in the winter makes you sick. I had thought ppl got sick b/c they were cooped up inside in the heat and heat breeds the germs? He said I should ask you guys
So, should I be taking her for a walk? She doesn't appear sick *knocking on wood* other than the occassional cough. We also have started taking her to a ped chiro.
What else can I do? We have 3 dogs with tons of hair. Could this be a factor? Also, our house is always super dusty , I hate it, but have been trying to clean more. I want to get our ducts cleaned out, but dh would like to wait till after Christmas. Could it be all the dust? We just recently replaced the last room that had carpet (our bedroom) with the laminate flooring, so I'm hoping this will help.
I'm not concerned too much about the cough since it's almost like she's clearing her throat, I just want to know if there'sw anything I can do to help, and if winter walks are ok.
Sorry for the super novel, I just want to have her as healthy as possible!!!
#2 of 4 Old 12-07-2004, 02:57 PM

Sounds just like my son-he coughed and sneezed from a week on without appearing sick. He had silent reflux.
#3 of 4 Old 12-07-2004, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the repsonse. I'm sorry to hear about your little's one silent reflux. What exaclty is it? I tried googling some info, but it wasn't the most helpful.
#4 of 4 Old 12-08-2004, 09:21 AM

Babies cough and sneeze. They are much more sensitive to things in the air, and taking him out is a good idea, as long as he's bundled warm.

That said, combined with the change in poop, I'd suspect a possible cold pending. Or, the new floor adhesive is bugging him.

I'd invest in a good humidifier.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page