May 04 Babes - Happy new year!! - Page 12 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#331 of 342 Old 01-31-2005, 01:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh Megan...
Wishes and prayers of peace and healing are going out to you and your family. Take care of yourself.

#332 of 342 Old 01-31-2005, 03:34 PM

Megan, I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Grandmas are special people. Hugs to you and your family.
#333 of 342 Old 01-31-2005, 03:58 PM

Megan, I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your Grandma. I hope her passing was peaceful, and that you come to peace with her loss. Please feel free to come chat here anytime. Big hugs to you and your family.
#334 of 342 Old 01-31-2005, 05:00 PM

(((Megan)))

Healing takes time.

Sarah
#335 of 342 Old 01-31-2005, 05:20 PM

Just wanted to give an update on my lil' gal....

Had her 9 (!) month checkup today. Had to wait for an HOUR in the waiting room. With two kids. By myself. And they both pooped while waiting. Anyhoo... Katie is weighing in at 22lb10oz. the doc joked that he was worried that she wasn't getting enough to eat. He did confirm her eczema, and gave me a little background info on it. We talked about sleep a little, and I told him of her frequent wakings, and he said it can be normal for some kids. He was a little perplexed by the frequency I think, but really didn't encourage me to CIO or anything, which is great. Just told me it would stop when she was maybe 16 years old. :LOL I her doc. Very easygoing, and really trusts my Mama instinct to do what is best for her. Takes his time with us, and really listens. So, I guess I can take waiting for a while if it means great service. Very brilliant man, too, really knows what he's doing.

OK, gonna have to go, the registration on my vehicle expires today, and have to go to the town office to get it straightend out. SIGH, just when the kids are both napping well, I have to wake them to do errands.

edited to fix misplaced smilie
#336 of 342 Old 01-31-2005, 05:38 PM

Megan, much love and hugs to you, mama...

And peaceful wishes to your grandma, too...

My parents went back home to New York on Saturday, so it's just us again. *sigh* I really, really, really wish they lived here already... It's really hitting me that they are onlly getting to see our little guy for short bursts and incrementally and I'm not really liking that right now. My grandma lived with us from the time before I was born until she died when I was fifteen, so I'm used to the idea of having a close relationship with grandparents. It didn't matter too much to me when I was pregnant and when the babe was littler, but now that his personality is shining through, it's starting to matter. Not enough that I will move back to the east coast, but enough to make me think...

Babe sleeping, so I better go finish up some stuff around the house.

~claudia
#337 of 342 Old 01-31-2005, 05:55 PM

Megan--so very sorry to hear about your Grandma. I'll be thinking of you!

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
#338 of 342 Old 01-31-2005, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter

Megan, so sorry for your loss. Grieving takes time, but I encourage you to have a grieving ritual if you are not going to your grandmothers service. It helped me so much with my granddad when he passed. s
#339 of 342 Old 02-01-2005, 12:18 AM

Megan-sorry to hear of your grandma's passing. DH's grandpa died a week ago, so this is very fresh for us, too. Peace to you.

So,yeah, last week was spent preparing for a drive to Dodge City, Kansas, for dh's grandpa's funeral. Long drive, quick trip. But Gabriel did well-nursing in the carseat is a great help. Even with the remnant of a cold/hacking cough. We experienced snow, rain, fog, etc. I've now had my fill of winter!

Gabriel is still scooting backwards, but can now back up into a seated position. He sort of crawls forward, but not intentionally. He majorly started babbling last week. He's all dadadada, nananana, etc. now. I think he weighs about 20 lbs. now, just from adding him to the scale with me. I'm starting to look for some 9-12 month size clothes since he's getting too long for the 6-9. Can't believe my little guy is getting so big!

Still no teeth, but they'll come. Solids are going well-he eats pretty much whatever we give him. But, some days I just don't have time to mess with it, so then I don't worry about it.

We have the Sutemi pack and I like it, but it's a bit cumbersome to use, I think. Could be that I just haven't practiced enough. And, we got the large size since my postpartum hips were at the cutoff for the size and dh needs the bigger size. I feel like I've sometimes got too many cords hanging off me. But, it's very comfortable. I have trouble doing the back carry--mostly do front or hip. I have a Maya Wrap and pouch, too, but am having trouble with Gabriel in the hip position...it feels like he slips down. It feels like we're very much at an inbetween stage for these positions---he's too big for some but not quite big enough for others.

Our Music Together classes got canceled due to small class size! So, maybe next series. I'm kinda bummed.

Better fold some laundry. See ya in February!
#340 of 342 Old 02-01-2005, 01:30 AM

Hi everybody,
thinking of you mamameg. *warm, meaningful sentiment*. Mmmm.

I've been a dancin' fool this week. Much to Sol's chagrin. More next month.

xo
e
#341 of 342 Old 02-01-2005, 02:25 AM

Thank you all so much for all your kind and thoughtful words. I'm doing much better now than I was this morning, but it's still tough. I'll probably be lurking for a bit...
#342 of 342 Old 02-01-2005, 10:02 AM

Here we are!

See you all there, mamas.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page