~Oct.04 Momma's~ Happy New Year!!!!!! January Thread - Page 11 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#301 of 330 Old 01-31-2005, 03:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Don't have much time to post (gotta stalk the TP.. ), BUT i WANTED TO -oops all caps- say hi and send hugs to everyone that needs 'em.

Momadance, are you guys okay? Dh's boss (lives in ATL) said it's the worst ice he's ever seen there. Hope you guys are warm!
#302 of 330 Old 01-31-2005, 04:00 PM

:Thank for the support. I know that Jordan is with his Heavenly Father, it breaks his mamas heart sometimes not to have him here and how he left.

Sooooooooo....HEY! What's on the tp? Its been quite lackluster lately so I haven't bothered and been hanging out in diapering and going to stockings and ordering customs. I have a Holden's Landing that shipped today, an a SOS on the way and I'm working on a Sugarbums custom! We need dipes so bad!

#303 of 330 Old 01-31-2005, 04:26 PM

Hello everyone! Just wanted to check in and say hi. We took an impromptu trip to the coast over the weekend and had a great time. Zander saw the ocean for the first time. Man, the Oregon coast is beautiful. It was a much needed break for all of us.

Zander's little teeth are starting to poke through, I can't believe it. I had just told my mom that everything was great and Zander was sleeping great, etc...and that we probably have a couple months before teething, bah. As soon as I say that, he starts drooling and gnawing on my fingers. His sleep hasn't been interrupted too much though, thankfully.

Stanleymama- hope the widom teeth thing goes okay. I had it done a few years ago and it wasn't too bad. Took me about a week to feel back to normal though. Hope your little guy does okay w/ the bottle.

Well, I wont write a novel this time! Talk to yall later!

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#304 of 330 Old 01-31-2005, 04:29 PM

: Mik is gnawing too and drooling!

*running to look up what happens in The Baby Book!*
#305 of 330 Old 01-31-2005, 05:14 PM

hey mama's

just wanted to check in and let ya know i'm still here and naking as usual!
anyone else losing any hair!?! Mine just started falling out a week or so ago. ugh! i remember this from last time.

any way gotta go. i've been looking back at our posts from a year ago. so nice to look back to when these babes were just the size of the head of a pin! sweet memories

kathy::
#306 of 330 Old 01-31-2005, 05:17 PM

noticed and then hairdresser noticed Saturday. TP seems to be picking back up! I shoulda been checking! : I missed out on Cloud 9s! Well, checking out this fmbg.
#307 of 330 Old 01-31-2005, 06:16 PM

yes, my hair seems to come out too, luckily I have a lot of it, so maybe it won't show?
Sophia saw the ocean too for the first time yesterday! We went to watch the sunset, it was balmy and there was barely any breeze, I bf'd her on the beach, it was so sweet.
What are all these cool dipes you moms are talking about? Are there websites?
Also, is anyone here a knitter who can share good baby designs?

unschooling mama with Toots'n Fruits (6) and BeenzieBoo (3)
#308 of 330 Old 01-31-2005, 07:21 PM

yup, my hair too ... it's everywhere.

Nani, what kind of knitting patterns are you looking for?

You all talking about the beach is killing me ... I'm so ready for spring. It's been so wintery here, and of course we're about to take our yearly ski trip. As if I'm really going to have any chance to snowboard this year :LOL Ah well, it will be worth it just to hang out w/ our friends, get away from home, etc.

Noah is really starting to enjoy tummy time, even flat on the bed or floor now. Not for extended periods of time, but he'll sit there and grin and "airplane" for a few minutes. He's also grasping at toys and batting them around and laughing at his antics. I remember how fun they can be when they start to get "interactive" y
#309 of 330 Old 01-31-2005, 08:15 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUCY! My baby is 3 today! We had a party yesterday and today we went to the Zoo with an MDC mama. Together we had 5 kids under 4. It was fun.

Here are a couple pics from Lu's party....she looks so grown-up:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...a/KIF_2653.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...a/KIF_2650.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...a/KIF_2670.jpg
And one of Levi:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...a/KIF_2648.jpg

And here is one of them together...taken a few days ago.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...a/KIF_2593.jpg
#310 of 330 Old 01-31-2005, 08:39 PM

awwwwww, they are so CUTE!!!!!! LOL, did she like her cake?

kathy::
#311 of 330 Old 01-31-2005, 09:11 PM

Katie, what cute pictures! And look at the snow in yor backyard!

Christine, I'm looking for pattern for pull-up pants, maybe a jacket too. I'm a pretty ok knitter...do you have something?

Sophia has been napping for two hours!
I'm kinda nervous for tonight, I just found out that an actor who I just cast in a play I'm directing is taking me to a theatre gala tonight. It's for a theatre where I would like to work at, introduce me to the artistic director, etc...I don't have anything to wear for a GALA! I'm still 15 lbs overweight and look fat in anything that normally looks good. Aaaah! And I haven't cut my hair in over 4 months! :

#312 of 330 Old 01-31-2005, 10:26 PM

Hi everyone... I don't have time to respond to everyone or remember what everyone posted, but I did want to check in.

Happy birthday Lucy!! My H's 3rd birthday is in another 2 weeks. I can't believe my baby will be 3 already,

G is starting to like tummy time as well. She lifts her head up high, but then the poor girl tries so hard to scootch foreword or roll over and she just can't do it. I really think she starts fussing on her tummy because she wants to be mobile, but can't. One her back she can roll onto her side and *almost* onto her tummy.

No teeth here yet, but she is starting to drool alot. I am even thinking of putting bibs on her all the time. I hate the way bibs look, but I am tired of her clothes getting soaked from the drool.

Ok, she is my second child, and I am still totally paranoid about SIDS. I literally will not let her sleep in another room from where I am. For naps, I put her in her stroller and just wheel from room to room as we move around. Even if she didn't need to co-sleep, *I* would. I just can't stand to have my baby sleeping where I can't see her and check on her ever few minutes or so. Am I crazy??? or are other people like that????

For baths, I just get in the tub with her and hold her. She likes that, and I have no problems washing her and cleaning all the folds and rolls.

Well, I best be off. Good night everyone.

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#313 of 330 Old 01-31-2005, 10:53 PM

Awwe, thanks for thinking of us Ashlee! We're fine. We lost power on Saturday and that was super romantic! I was bummed when it came back on. We're heading up your way for the day on Friday. We have a some friends in Cleveland. They recently moved back from Colorado. Hopeing it'll be nice enough for a hike or we'll be hitting the aquarium

Katie, who's the bimbo on top of the cake!? Lucy is so beautiful!!! As is Levi, or I guess I should say handsome, or maybe dashing?

Losing hair here as well. Good thing mine's super thick. I'm thinking about getting my nose pierced tonight. Hmmmm sounds like I'm feeling too young for my life, that or another midlife crisis. I had one after having Miles too...We'll see.

Reed's not too fond of the tub. I too do the sponge baths, or oil him clean. I prefer that method. It's nice rubbing it in, and he skin gets such a nice sheen. I've got some body butter on the way with lavender, vanilla, and patchuli and look forward to smother him and me in it. Yummy!!!

Doing good on the treadmill. If only I could stop stuffing my face I could trim down in no time We ate a GALLON of ice cream friday night. Myself, Dh, and Miles oink oink...

Has anyone checked out Dh's web page? This stuff is amazing!
Much love mama's!
#314 of 330 Old 02-01-2005, 01:38 AM

Happy Birthday Lucy What fantastic pictures of just adorable children!

Nani, I just got the Yarn Girl's Guide to Kid's Knits and I really like it. I haven't made anything from it yet (ha, time for knitting?! :LOL ) ... but there are lots of things in there that make me wish I had time By pull on pants, do you mean diaper cover type pants? There are quite a few patterns for those. Theresa at Little Turtle Knits has some great patterns (for diaper covers as well as other clothing items and accessories) http://www.littleturtleknits.com . I really like the look of WonderPants at www.woolywonder.com -- I own the pattern but haven't knitted them up yet. There's also a great knitting forum at Wooly Wonder you should check out ... I hope you had a great time tonight and dazzled everyone Let us know how it went!

Amelia, I'm also freaked about SIDS ... and I know it's silly to worry about it ... worrying certainly won't make it less likely to happen ... if Noah isn't in the room with me, I'll have the baby monitor on *and* go check on him every 5 minutes or so. Kevin laughs at me and says that I'd get more done just leaving him asleep in the sling. He's probably right If he would sleep in the stroller, I'd be doing exactly what you do! I would get *no* sleep at night if he were not right next to me, breathing in my ear. Thank goodness for co-sleeping!

Momadance, so glad you guys made it through ok. We're up in MD, and it wasn't as bad here as it was supposed to have been, thank goodness. I share your ice cream problem. I'm considering not replenishing the supply b/c I do so much better when it's just not in the house. It's sooooo goooood That body butter sounds delish! Did you buy it online? Have a link?
#315 of 330 Old 02-01-2005, 01:44 AM

Momadance, my mom made the cake. I had to laugh at your bimbo comment, I thought the same thing when I saw it.
#316 of 330 Old 02-01-2005, 10:46 AM

can men get postpartum depression? Pan has totally lost it. he ended, well tried to end, our relationship last night. long story, too hard to explain on a forum. then he said he made a mistake, but the damage is done. he slept in the living room, i didn't sleep a wink, and my tension affected Willow, she slept only a few fitful hours. i finally left the bedroom, i can still hear if she wakes up, she's peacefully sleeping now that i'm out of the room.

i'm seeing my therapist today for my regular meds appointment, i guess i can ask about men and PPD then. i thought i would be the one whacked out after the baby came! i had a hard time the first 4 weeks as you guys know, but it's been a non-stop babymoon since then i never expected Pan to lose it, though.

Willow is a grinning little elf most of the day now! every time i leave her line of sight for a moment, when she sees me again she grins from ear to ear! especially first thing in the morning (well, not this morning, but every other morning) i look over at her and she smiles the most beautiful smile i've ever seen i've been working on a website for a client, and Willow still hates the sling and Snugli so while i work i put her swing next to my desk, she blows raspberries at me and we "talk" while i'm working ("ahh-goo-ahh-bahh! wah!" :LOL). somtimes when she swings towards me i tickle her toes, then she has gigglefits

treehugger.gif Willow (6) says: "Mother Earth is the mother of all mothers"

angel1.gif Phoenix (6/2011) ♥      print-n-color mandalas >photosmile3.gif

#317 of 330 Old 02-01-2005, 12:04 PM

Whew, what a day yesterday was! Let's not repeat it. I felt like I was running around like a looney yesterday. Dd fussed a great deal for dh, so dh was also grumpy. And both of them expect me to fix everything! My dh should know better! So far, today is going better. I am running home three times a day to nurse dd, so that adds to the crazy factor.
Bath time did happen. I used the blue baby tub inside the big tub and she liked it. She even smiled a couple of times. Of course, just because it worked last weekend, doesn't mean it will work this weekend. She is getting some dry patches on her legs, so I am not going to increase bath time yet, still only once a week. With all the attempts at bottle/cup/dropper feedings, she was getting pretty stinky, even with a washcloth wipe down. But, now that we aren't doing those things anymore, I guess she will be okay.
Kathy: My hair is coming out in handfuls too. I wore a sweater yesterday and had huge handfuls sticking in my arm pit area by mid day! That is after I had washed it in the morning and pulled a few handfuls out. My hair is long and thick, so it really is quite a mess with all the loose stuff.
Seems like some mammas are doing good with excersize. I don't have time. I don't think I can get up any earlier and I am barely making it to work. I had to switch my schedule around to be at work 15 min earlier to have extra time to go home later. I really want to get into shape though. Sigh.
Meli: I think men can get ppd. Not for the same exact reasons a mother will, but there are a lot of changes in their lives too, plus all that "responsibility for the family" pressure. I hope you guys can talk and work something out.
Naps...hard time here. I am working most of the day. The only way dd will sleep is if she is being held. You can't put her down, even if she is in deep sleep (by the signs, dr. sears, etc), she will wake up within minutes of being put down. Dh is frustrated b/c he wants to do things around the house and such, not sit and hold her for 8 hours a day. I am just about out of ideas. I did suggest the stroller idea to him yesterday, but he didn't try it. He is not confident enough to wear the sling, we've talked about it. Her crib is currently a giant toy box, besides, I don't believe in cio. SHe probably could learn that the crib is an okay place to be, but that would mean spending most of my weekend working on that. I honestly don't want to do it. I have other things I want to get done. So, if anyone has any nap ideas for men/keeping baby asleep after being put down, please help.
#318 of 330 Old 02-01-2005, 12:39 PM

Hi all!! HAPPY BIRtHDAY Lucy!!!!! She looked so pretty in her dress I loved the pics of Levi too.

Meli....{{{{HUGS}}}} My heart goes out to you hon. I am not sure if men get ppd, but he may be depressed over his work situation.

Kathy...starting to lose some hair here as well, but mine is also really thick so I don't mind a little thinning. I just got my hair cut. I was growing it out for dh, but I just got so sick of it so I had it hacked. i like it, but it is a bit too short for me. My hair grows fast though, so no worries.

Got a drooler here as well and i too am thinking of bringing out the bibs for him. No teeth, but I would be surprised if he did get some now as the other 3 were drooly too but didn't get teeth in till 8 mos.

Quinn has excema and his poor little face seems to break out easily from it. Any recommendations mamas?

Ok...off to face the day

Nani have fun at your Gala!!!
#319 of 330 Old 02-01-2005, 05:05 PM

Hi Everyone!
Not a lot of time to write, I just wanted to say Hi. MIL is coming today for her Tuesday visit.

to everyone!

Andrea
#320 of 330 Old 02-01-2005, 07:06 PM

Melly, I'm so sorry you're having relationship problems. I hope Pan can get some help. I wouldn't be surprised if he has some sort of PPD...it's a big change having a baby!

I'm amazed reading about the hair loss thing. Mine has also been coming out like mad this last week. I assumed it was because the weather has changed and spring is 'round the corner. Maybe it's a post-partum thing? Anyways, like most of you my hair is thick and grows very fast so I'm not concerned about it, except for the drain clogging!!

Katie, I was just cracking up at that cake, especially when momadance asked who the bimbo was, LOL. I just KNEW that cake had to have come from a well-meaning relative. It just didn't seem like the kind of thing you would get!! :

So, here's one for the weird files....yesterday we were at my mother's, Emily was watching TV and we were hanging out in the kitchen. I hear this crying coming from the TV room, total deep-sobbing, crying. We ran to see what had happened. She was watching a preschool show and they were singing a lullaby-type song. The song made her cry - she kept saying "no more sad song". Well, this reminded me of when she was about a year old and I had that Dido song in my head. I starting singing it one day while she was happily in the bath playing, and immediately she got this curled, quivering lip and began to cry! I'd stop singing and she'd go back to being all happy, then I'd start singing it again and immediately this face and the crying! It was not a "moody" kind of cry. The lip would curl more than I'd ever seen, her eyes, her whole face...it was just such deep sadness...it was like someone greiving. I even videotaped it becuase it was so bizarre, like turning on and off a switch whenever I'd start singing. She'd never heard that song AFAIK, and what could she have been thinking that made her that sad? I'd forgotten all about it until she did it again yesterday. I'm not much of a "woo-woo" person but this is very strange. I have no idea why these songs made her sad, and how her sadness reached such an intense level in such a young mind.

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#321 of 330 Old 02-01-2005, 07:12 PM

forgot to add...

Thia, what worked for us was "white noise". Specifically our bathroom fan is pretty loud, if I put Sasha down in his bassinett for his nap, place the bassinet in the doorway of the bathroom, and turn on the fan....he'll nap for at least an hour.

Amelia, you are not the only one with SIDS fears. I can't count the number of times I've gone to check on Sasha when he's sleeping and thought to myself "this will be it, the nightmare will begin". I don't know why I feel that way, maybe it's because I'm one of those people who are suspicious of good times (like this has been too good and something bad is due to happen) or because I experienced a sudden loss in my family (brother was killed in an accident), or maybe it's just that the love I feel for my children is so overwhelming that my mind cannot even comprehend such a loss, and therefore "plays it out" in my head sometimes. Don't get me wrong, it's not like these thoughts reach a truly concious level, it's more like a quiet fear in the back of my mind. When Sasha naps longer than usual I always go check on him, and I too could never sleep apart from my babies for the same reason. I hear him breathe at night and all is right with my world.

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#322 of 330 Old 02-01-2005, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet68
Amelia, you are not the only one with SIDS fears.
and m/c, ptl.....accident.....
#323 of 330 Old 02-01-2005, 07:27 PM

Piglet, reading about Emily almost made me cry! I totally can lose it when a certain style of melody is played. Or if I detect sorrow in a song, with or without lyrics.

Bluehalo, I've ordered from a MDC mama. I'll let you know how I like the product.
#324 of 330 Old 02-01-2005, 07:37 PM

Just a quick de-lurk....

Meli, sorry to hear about your troubles with Pan. I hope you're all feeling better soon. Sounds like the work/baby/responsibility stuff is getting to him.

Happy Birthday to Lucy! Gotta love the Barbie cake! What a cutie. (Lucy, not Barbie. :LOL )

I've been known to wake Henry up when I can't hear him breathing or he hasn't moved in a while. : I think a little paranoia is probably natural for moms.

My little guy rolled over from tummy to back! He was naked at the time (we do what DH calls Butt Time a few days a week to air out the diaper zone). I think if he'd been wearing a diaper and had a bubble butt it never would have happened, but when he's naked he's surprisingly agile!

He's also started reaching for toys and shaking them! Woohoo!

OK he hates it when I sit and type. Gotta run!
#325 of 330 Old 02-01-2005, 10:05 PM

my pregnancy hair is almost all gone now it was really thin beforehand because of the PCOS, i dunno if it'll be even thinner when i stop losing it. it's over 2 feet long though, so there is hair hair everywhere! even if i keep it in a ponytail all day, it somehow gets into everything.

there was an article in Scientific American recently about SIDS, i can't find the 'zine at the moment but basically it said that SIDS is genetic, there are some babies who can't "gasp" and they're the ones at risk for SIDS. i've heard Willow gasp quite a few times. i'll try to find the article.

Willow is the most amazingly strange baby. her reflux is getting worse and worse, we're doing everything we can to help her, she goes through really painful episodes a few times a day and it's just heartbreaking. but then she is the smiliest, giggliest, raspberry-est baby! sometimes she goes from crying to smiling in just a few seconds. i'm just so happy to see the smiles she blew raspberries at everybody in my dr's waiting room today :LOL

treehugger.gif Willow (6) says: "Mother Earth is the mother of all mothers"

angel1.gif Phoenix (6/2011) ♥      print-n-color mandalas >photosmile3.gif

#326 of 330 Old 02-01-2005, 11:07 PM

Thanks Christine, the Gala was great. There are a lot of rich people down there in Palo Alto, they had created a theatre fund and it started out with $1 million and by intermission of the gala show an anonymous donor pledged another $1 million. Unreal. Famous people were there, composers and writers, etc. We'll see what can happen for my career, ya never know.

Thanks for the links...yeah, sounds good to make covers. I'm looking for patterns for all kinds of baby clothes.

gottaknit, do you have patterns for wee ones?
Do you even have time to knit these days?

meli, how are things with Pan?

#327 of 330 Old 02-02-2005, 04:11 AM

I visited a friend there a year ago now. First time on the West Coast. Even spent a couple days in San Fran. Besides driving around the city, I had a great time! It was sooooooo nice in January! My friend works for Apple and Steve Jobs and all his $$ out there. So, you're in the performing arts? I was a singer. I taught public school music. Then the Lord called me to ministry and I'm leading worship at my church now. I guess as my Pastor is called upon and he invites me along, that's how my ministry will expand. I'm pretty busy right now and my focus is on Mikayla. At one point I was chomping at the bit to be out there. Hope your career takes off.
#328 of 330 Old 02-03-2005, 04:49 AM

here are some recent pictures of Sophia:
http://www.visionsmith.com/photos/sophia/index4.html

#329 of 330 Old 06-07-2006, 10:47 AM

My 7 and half month old daughter has had loose yellow stools with what looks like white strings or clumps in it for about 4 days. She has vomited 2 x since Friday night. Should I be worried? Do I take her to the doctor? I'm thinking yes at this point. She's acting much more fussy than usual and she's not sleeping like she normally does. Is white stringy pooh an indication of something serious? She is formula fed and eats baby cereal, baby food, and some finger foods. I gave her Enfamil Lipil the other day instead of her usual Enfamil with iron. We were out shopping and I only had the packets that make 4 oz each. I couldn't get all the formula in the bottle from 2 packs with 8 oz of water so she drank a little down then I added the rest of the last packet and we had used the water from the filter at McDonald's. Could these things make her sick? I used to use bottled water only, but about a month ago the neighbor told me her pediatrian told her it was good to use the water from the faucet in our housing area because it has flouride so I've been using that for over a month now. I'm figuring (praying also) she just picked up a bug from the kids at playgroup and she's not sick because of something I did. We've only been going to playgroup for about 2 weeks.

Parenting is a scary job. I'm worrying constantly. My husband is gone right now so I'm doing it alone at the moment. It's hard because he's a very involved dad.

Thanks,
Leslie
#330 of 330 Old 06-07-2006, 11:10 AM

Hi Leslie,

You need to come join us in the Oct. 05 thread! You must have bumped the wrong one by mistake.

Sounds like your dd has probably picked up a bug or is reacting to the change in formula. Me personally, I'd take her to the dr. and get some peace of mind. For the record, I don't think using the filtered water has made her sick. My dd was formula fed, and we always used water straight from the tap. My 7 month old ds gets supplemental formula in addition to breastmilk, and the only reason I use bottled water for him is because we have well water now.

But come join us in the 05 thread! We're a very chatty group and very welcoming.

A happy woman

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page