~Oct.04 Momma's~ Happy New Year!!!!!! January Thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 330 Old 01-12-2005, 12:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
HI all! Sounds like our babies are doing pretty well overall over here. Lillian is drooling a bit more now too, and she likes to blow spit bubbles. She gets her hands in her mouth pretty well now, but lucky for me she is loving the pacifier. So funny to say that I know, but after having Mickade who would ONLY suck on ME, it is soo nice to be able to pop that in her mouth in the car, and for DH to have something to comfort her with. (Katie, wasn't it you who said you would never do the paci again? Well I'd never not NOT do it again ROFL!! So funny how our past experiences color our present ones, isn't it? We each had equally bad times before in opposite positions, and now we are each doing what the other did in our bad time, yet it is better for each of us...)

Christine, Happy Birthday!!!! I turned 27 in Sept, in the middle of hurricane central...so I didn't get much time for it to sink in. It is strange though, to think we are so close to 30...I too can't believe I have 2 kids, been married almost 5 years....so weird. I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that none of my friends from college/high school that I know of have any kids? Only 2 are even married.

Spent the afternoon on car seat patrol today! My best friend here -- wow. We walked up to her car while we were at the park and I noticed her 8 month old's carseat forward facing...I was like, you didn't turn O. forward facing, did you?! She said she couldnt' get a good install rf so she did it forward...yikes!!! So we spent about 1/2 hr at the park trying to get it right, then went to her house and spent another 1/2 hr or so, but we finally got it. There is NO WAY I could let her drive around like that!! ALso fixed her older boy's seat. She had seatbelts attached, the tether not, latch attached as an "extra" but not tight....oy! Luckily her boys are now safe & sound!! Please make sure you install your carseats correctly!!!!! Oh, and just bc it's a police/fire station does NOT mean they know what they are doing...find a certified tech!!!

Ok off my soapbox now. I just feel really strongly about carseat safety!!!

Loving our BabySoft wraps....for the first time in a while, Lillian doesn't have uncomfortable looking red marks all over her legs from her dipes. THANK YOU so much for suggesting them!!!!!!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#122 of 330 Old 01-12-2005, 03:41 AM

Awwwww....my little guy figured out how to suck his thumb. And MAN, does he like it! Probably because his "paci" is my finger, so he likes the shape of his. It's just so cute to see this teeny baby sucking his thumb!

He also is batting at objects. He has a bouncy chair that he sits in maybe 30 mins/day, and it has a little toy bar. He swats at the toys while he sings to them. It's cute!

I am doing sooooo good with my New Year's get-in-shape resolution! I'm very proud of myself. I've cut out all the sweets/junky stuff, red meat, and Mochas. I have been working out. I just got back from the gym where I ran a mile, did weights, and the elliptical machine. So I figure I have around 30-40lbs to lose. That's about 10 lbs of babyweight, and the 20-30lbs overweight I was prepregnancy. Whew, sounds like a lot when I put it that way! Anyway, when I lose all the weight I am buying myself a pair of Seven jeans. They're like $200...I realize that is totally vain and materialistic of me , but I need some motivation to get my butt back in shape and I've always wanted a pair of luxury jeans.

We've got some MIA mamas....Letia, where are you, girl?
#123 of 330 Old 01-12-2005, 03:49 AM

Oh! I forgot, Soogie I listened to how you nurse your ds, and I tried it with Levi, and it WORKS! It's making my nipples kinda sore though....maybe cause I'm not used to him sucking at that angle? Anyway, thanks for the tip.....Levi has always been weird about people touching his head. (I think 5 days of labor while being acynclitic will do that to a baby.) So resting his head on a pillow and holding my boob is working, even if it's not as convenient as I hoped. It'll get easier, right...?
#124 of 330 Old 01-12-2005, 05:25 AM

That's great, Lucysmama! Working out is such a great thing. I'm sorta stuck at 15-20 lbs over my prepreg weight, but did go for a 2 mile walk along the ocean until my feet got blisters...now they hurt. Dd was watching the trees and the skies the entire way, normally she sleeps on walks. On the way back she looked at me the entire time, she was so cute.
She too is making bubbles and drools a lot these days. Does that contiue for a while? She only takes the paci sometimes when she's in the mood, she makes the funniest face when she doesn't want it. It amazes me how specific she is with what she lieks and doesn't like.
I need to cut sugar out of my diet, I think it would be better for dd as well...yes, and I love those mochas too.

unschooling mama with Toots'n Fruits (6) and BeenzieBoo (3)
#125 of 330 Old 01-12-2005, 09:53 AM

Hey Nani....are you actually in SF? I used to live in Alameda....

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#126 of 330 Old 01-12-2005, 03:20 PM

LOL, is life worth living without mochas?! I'm keeping my mochas until winter is nearly over. I need a treat to get me through the grey days ahead, hee-hee!

kathy::
#127 of 330 Old 01-12-2005, 04:38 PM

Only have a moment but wanted to say,
Beansmomma - Thank you so much for the invite, we'd love to come by sometime. I definitely go a little stir crazy being indoors so much. Can't wait till it's Spring again.

We did manage a playgroup last week, and that went well. No incidents, no tantrums, yay.

I went for a jog the other day, which was awesome. I felt really out of shape, huffing and puffing and whatnot. But it was still so nice to just run, ya know, w/ out any children on me or in me. Hoping to keep it up and lose these last 15.

Katie- So glad you found something that works, I was going to suggest putting a pair of rolled up socks under your breast, if you hadn't tried that one yet (to give your hand a break). Logan had this phase where he could only be laying down to nurse. I was laying down in the backseat of the car, at friend's houses, etc. It was ridiculous, LOL. ( and good for you w/ all the working out - I'm so jealous )

I'm going to pick up some black and white pics I took of the boys that I'm really excited about, hope they turn out. I'll post some later if they do.
mmm, I smell poop!
take care mamas!

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#128 of 330 Old 01-12-2005, 08:20 PM

Katie, I'm so glad you figured out the nursing thing. And way to go with the workouts! What do you do with Levi while you are at the gym? We go for walks almost every day. So far lugging the kids around seems to be enough exercise to keep the weight coming off. I've slowed down a bit, but am still losing about 1/2 pound a week. I only have ten pounds to go, so I'm happy with that (and I don't have to give up my mochas! ).

We had a good day today. Took the kids to Science World again. Sasha was awake part of the time and just loved sitting on my lap looking at all the kids running around. He has this look of total surprise on his adorable face, and lets out little coos of excitement every now and then. He holds his head up really well, but it still has this cute little wobble to it, like a little drunk guy. I'm just so in love with him. We're really in a good groove right now. Sasha's been waking up before Emily, so I have time to get him changed, get myself some tea and breakfast, and he goes down for a nap about 1.5 to 2 hrs later. Emily has been waking up alot later, and so by the time she is ready for breakfast he's asleep. Sasha's napping has also been following a pretty regular routine, and I'm flowing my day around that. The PPD that was nipping at my heels seems to have abated, maybe it's this, maybe it's the nice weather. Regardless, I sure hope they keep this up!

Amy, glad you like the BabySoft Wraps. She's having a sale right now on certain covers. I just snagged one, and also bought a large. I figure if Sasha can fit into them now I might as well start buying larges. He's on the second snap of his mediums, and I'm sure I'll get a lot more use out of them, but it would be less to get rid of when he does outgrow them if I start buying larges now.

Okay, better go. Hugs everyone!!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#129 of 330 Old 01-13-2005, 12:54 AM

well...it's funny...as soon as i say Ella is a just-hold-me-till-i-go-to-sleep baby, what does she start doing.... wanting to nurse to sleep....she has been since i posted that...oh, well...woman's perogative , i guess...:LOL

well, i think i have to deal with my first ever not being able to eat whatever i want while nursing issue...it seems ella may not like peanuts....at least that is what i *think* may have caused her bad day yesterday....i noticed some increased fussiness monday evening and then yesterday about 1:30 pm till bedtime she was terribly uncomfortable...the only common thing i could think of was peanuts...i had a sample peanut cluster at the grocery store Monday afternoon...and then had a homemade peanut cluster mid morning yesterday and another one after lunch on Tuesday. well, today i didn't have any and she basically had a perfect day.......so maybe it was the peanuts, maybe it wasn't....don't know if i'll ever know...might try them again in a few days...or so.

glad you got something figured out, Katie....uncomfortable nursing sessions aren't much fun....
#130 of 330 Old 01-13-2005, 03:01 AM - Thread Starter

Christine- Happy Belated Birthday yesterday!! and thanks for the early wishes! I think it's pretty wild that we had both our kids at the same ages!

Bubbles...yep, I forgot to mention those! Today he was really having some pain in his gums it seemed...he was actually putting on a pout and almost crying, poor little guy. Seeing that lip sticking out like that sure pulls at the heartstrings I tell ya. How young do you think is ok to give Hylands teething tablets? I can see those being in our future, but he seems so young.
#131 of 330 Old 01-13-2005, 03:35 AM

Oh yeah, Harrison is our little drool factory. He drools so much that the front of his clothig is always damp. I'd put a bib around him but he hates them, guess they're too restrictive around the neck. And I swear he must have the tastiest hands in the history of human kind 'cause that boy can't get enough of his fingers and hands. Even when he's nursing there are times when he tries to sneek a finger or his thumb in his mouth along with my nipple. And of course his hands are an exellent aperitif :LOL. Yup, the boy loves gnawing on his hands.

Of course it does make me wonder if there are teeth in Harrison's near future. Alias didn't get his first tooth until he was 9 months, so I don't think Harrison will get any teeth before 6 months. But the way that boy drools and gnaws on his hands...

: : Amie and Christine!!!!! :
27 was an amazing year for me. It was the year that I became a mom . I hope you two have wonderful 27s and enjoy the last of your 20s. It goes fast. I only have a few more weeks of them left. I turn the big three-oh February 9. Can someone please tell me how *that* happened?
#132 of 330 Old 01-13-2005, 08:04 AM

i love the cosleeping poem! i do sometimes feel like a mama bear sleeping in a den with baby bear

oh trueblue i wish you could look at our carseat! it's rearfacing and using LATCH, but it seems too loose to me, my husband insists he read the instructions ten times but i don't like how the base wiggles a bit. we had called the police and fire depts. around here and none of them did car seat installation, they acted like we were nuts to even call them asking about it! anyway, i have no way of knowing if it's properly installed or not.

BFing here is temporarily suspended again when i weaned off my meds, i stopped sleeping again and i'm having all sorts of troubles during the day again. i'm going back up to a full dose tomorrow my doctor says she knows how much i'm hurting over this, but i can't be a good mama if i don't take care of myself for Willow. but i say "temporarily" because i'm still looking for different meds, i am SO determined to get at least a little mamamilk into this baby each day!

it's fun having a peanut baby ... when we go to the mall and people see a baby the size of a newborn holding a rattle and shaking it, holding her head up and making direct eye contact with them and smiling, and saying "ooh-ahh-koo-OOH!" they totally freak out :LOL

Willow's newest cutiepie things:
- she's fascinated that daddy has a beard and mustache, she pats and pulls on his beard a lot. then looks at me funny as if to say "how come you don't have hair on your face for me to play with?!"
- when Willow "talks" it really sounds like she's trying to say something. i keep joking with my husband, if only we had a "universal translator" like Star Trek! she'd coo and it'd come out "would you people stop staring at me all the time!" :LOL
- "THE FACE" as in, she starts to pout and we both go "oh no, not THE FACE!" i swear she is giving us fair warning that she's going to cry and gives us time to figure out what she needs and fix it before she does! first her little brow furrows, then her lower lip starts to stick out, then she starts to curl that lip down at the corners and her eyes get real big, then the lip quivers ... and mama melts into a puddle of goo sometimes if i make the face back at her, she'll break into a big grin
- she's learned how to throw her rattle or stuffie onto the floor, and that we'll retrieve it for her. of course i think this is really smart of her now, but methinks in a few weeks i'll be sick of it

we were in a baby clothes store exchanging xmas stuff yesterday, and everyone was oohing and aahing over how cute, how delicate, and how feminine Willow is ... so of course she cut a HUGE, LONG fart, then a few more, then the stinkwave started rolling out ... the cashier just said "the changing room is in the back" and we all cracked up :

you can tell i'm an insomniac again because i'm talking too much!

treehugger.gif Willow (6) says: "Mother Earth is the mother of all mothers"

angel1.gif Phoenix (6/2011) ♥      print-n-color mandalas >photosmile3.gif

#133 of 330 Old 01-13-2005, 10:23 AM

Meli -- Only have a sec (need to go build with Legos before I get in trouble LOL) but check out this website; you should be able to locate a certified tech near you!! http://www.seatcheck.org/

This site has some good info for seat installation. And, in case you ever feel the need to turn your kids forward, watch the videos on this page....
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/stayrearfacing.aspx
I wish I could say I left Mickade rear-facing for longer than 1 year, but he hated the car so much I turned it as soon as it was safe to do so.

#134 of 330 Old 01-13-2005, 05:23 PM

Hey everybody, I posted a bunch of pics of the boys at the link in my sig. line (in the January album). There's also one of my super cool hotsling and me attempting a hip carry with this little guy.

Piglet - Glad things are going so well for you. I think we're in a good groove as well. Our mornings sound a lot like yours. And yay for keeping the PPD at bay!

Mirthful- So, are trying to say that Harrison drools and gnaws at his hands?

Oh Melly- sorry about the insomnia, that sucks. I was battling that the other day - the anxiety, racing mind insomnia. It's the worst. Do you and your doc have any other meds in mind to try that are safe for bf? I really applaud you for trying to bf Willow, but just wanted to say that if it doesn't work out - don't beat yourself up over it. I really think this is one of those extreme cases where you just need to focus on your health to be a good mom. And I know the FACE you're talking about, it just melts you.

#135 of 330 Old 01-13-2005, 07:49 PM

I just lost my whole post! I think I'm going to start saving it before I preview for spellchecks. (yes, I'm anal about spelling, most of the time ...)

Court, I didn't see any new pics, just 2 really cute ones!

Meli, I love that face too! Isn't it so cute how they can go from pout-to-smile-to-pout in like 3 seconds? I hope you can find some meds that work for you!

KAtie, glad things got worked out w/ the nursing

Happy Birthday Amie and Christine!!!!!

Ella went from trying to cram her whole fist in her mouth to chewing only on her index finger. She'll chew until she gags then switch hands Silly girl. No rolling but she really tries to sit up. We started doing more tummy time (when she is in a good mood) by propping her on her boppy pillow and she seems to like it. I think the reason she hates being flat is because she can't see anything, and at least on her boppy she can look around a little.

OK, I know there was more on the other post, but I gotta go now. Have a great night!
#136 of 330 Old 01-13-2005, 10:18 PM

Thanks Ashlee, I just fixed it.

#137 of 330 Old 01-14-2005, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court
Mirthful- So, are trying to say that Harrison drools and gnaws at his hands?
Yeah, I wasn't to sure that I'd gotten that across .
#138 of 330 Old 01-14-2005, 10:26 AM

Hey Court, we have a very similar pic of our boys! Check out my folder at our yahoo page.

I dreamt last night that I had an october moms party. Soogie came, Katie came, Court, Mirthful, and Oakember, and Truebluexf was trying to drive to my house from Fla, but the hurricanes were keeping her away!
Crazyness.

Mirthful, I turn 26 on Feb. 8.

I been freaking out lately about the insignificance of humans. I think it's a combo of the natural disasters and climate changes, our membership to the museum of natural history, and kwaya ani squasi. Im sure I'm not spelling the movie right. It's that "Earth in Turmoil" movie.
Anyway, Dh, Reed and I are going to try and go on a date tonight. I'd like to get some sushi and go see "Who Are We at What the Bleep are We here For" Sounds like were my mind is right now.

Hey portland mama's, the 4 of us (my family) and 4 friends are working on moving out to Oregon in the next 2 years. We'd like to be in or close to Eugene. Any advice on areas to check out? Somewhere small, but hip. Where we can maybe get a good plot of land, but not be in the boonys, or if we are in the boonys, the closest place be progressive. Ya know? I'm thinking there's got to be someplace for us

Reed's huge and lovely!
#139 of 330 Old 01-14-2005, 11:54 AM

well....Ella is following her brothers in the sleep dept... i thought she was going to be different... they sleep great from birth and then slowly tun into insomniacs...why is that??? she was sleeping 5-7 hrs, eating, and going right back to sleep...the last couple nights she hasn't been going right back to sleep and just not sleeping as well in general....i was really frustrated between 12-2...i know she has no more idea of what is going on with her than i do, but man is it frustrating....anyway...sorry to vent...thankfully tho, she wasn't screaming or anything...just awake.
#140 of 330 Old 01-14-2005, 01:21 PM

WHERE DID MY POST GO!!!!!! Ok...I'm getting pizza.

Did wanna ask yall real quick tho about the perineum. Any stinging? : Mine stings when I pee and when I get out of the tub or move in the tub I think like to reposition when Mik is on my lap. And I'm supposed to DTD?

eta: last week at Miks appt she weighed 13 lbs.
#141 of 330 Old 01-14-2005, 01:27 PM

Hey, Letia...good to see you!
#142 of 330 Old 01-14-2005, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the birthday well wishes girls!

And Mommadance, thanks for having me at your party :LOL Too funny! Our Dh's must think we are insane but I can understand why we dream about each other. And s about how you have been feeling lately...I've BTDT before too, best not to focus too much on that, it can really bring you down.

Canadian Mommas have you ever checked out www.azurewraps.com ? She has some nice slings, etc. (well obviously not just for Canadian mommas but we have such fewer choices to buy from without worrying about exchange and duty, etc.)
#143 of 330 Old 01-14-2005, 04:15 PM

Momadance, I'm :ROFL over here about the hurricanes keeping me from the party!!! And ugh I do understand the feelings of dread lately. I can't even watch anything about anything bad going on in the world, it's just more than I can handle right now.

Well today started out fun, I got to go to the mall and redeem Gymbucks . But then I looked at clothes for me and that's still kinda depressing LOL. But seriously, I just got home and went to the bathroom and I got my darn period already! Grrrr. With DS I made it 4 months, this time only 10 weeks!! She's not as avid a nurser as DS was. *sigh* I was hoping things might be different this time. On the bright side, that may be why this week I didn't lose weight even with major dietary cutbacks (nothing crazy....just eating "normal" and healthy again LOL)...fluid retention!! So maybe there'll be a big dip in the scales next week.

I put up a toy on the bar of Lillian's carseat to entertain her while we shopped when she was in the stroller (can't sling her the WHOLE time!!) and it was so cute, she started to play with them. I can't believe she is big enough to be interested already!! She's also filling out her 3-6 month clothes really well now. I'm thinking she'll be out of them in only another month.

#144 of 330 Old 01-14-2005, 09:44 PM

Momadance - Actually seeing that pic of your boys was what reminded me that I needed to have a little photo session w/ mine before the baby got too big. Love the dream, I wish we could have a party IRL. Well, I've only lived in Oregon for a couple years, so don't know much about the Eugene area. We're totally of the same mindset though...looking for a plot of land in the boonies, but not to far from somewhere "hip." Meanwhile, I'm so excited that you're moving here! Hopefully the other Portland mamas can give you better advice.

You know, I had the same freaking out, feeling like we're just a blip, right after Logan was born. Looking back I think it was the PPD, not that the feelings weren't valid, it's just that huge events like giving birth can really make you see things differently I think.

Piglet - I meant to comment about what you said re: nursing aversion. I think of that everytime Logan comes to nurse. I'm always wondering about what's biologically "normal" vs. culturally expected. Anyways, thanks for posting about that.

#145 of 330 Old 01-14-2005, 10:05 PM

Hi everybody. I promise, if I win the lottery, I'll fly us all to some tropical island for a party!

Had our first rough patch in a while today. We were supposed to go out with the IL's for brunch. I am a real pancake/sweets person so I was looking forward to it. But by the time we were heading out the door, it became apparent that it wasnt' going to happen. Emily has been under the weather for the past couple of days, don't quite know what it is but she was very moody and basically had a little meltdown. Meanwhile Sasha had just woken up from a longer-than-usual morning nap so he wanted nothing to do with the stroller. He cried and cried and finally I took him out to nurse (which meant heading back inside our building to the lobby waiting for FIL and SIL to show up. By then he was just melting down too and I ended up staying at home while DH went with them. I was feeling a bit sorry for myself at first, but hey my kids needed me and what would be the point anyways? It would not have been a nice time. As it is, the IL's are all fighting so I'm glad I wasn't there. It's sad really. They are such a dysfunctional family, so much history of hurt and misunderstanding piled up on itself that I doubt they'll ever sort things out. Meanwhile I've gained a whole new appreciation for how far DH has come, lol.

So, yesterday, Emily crawled into our bed, bringing her animals and toys with her, telling us she was going to have a nap. She does this every now and then but just plays around. Well, this time she did fall asleep, and slept for two hours! She'd been waking alot the night before, she's pooping lots of loose-looking stools, so we weren't surprised. But it was neat to see her "putting herself down for a nap". All those nights when it seemed she would "always" need to nurse to sleep. All those dire predictions from the older generation. And now this.

Another big milestone...three times in the past week she has tried to use her potty! She just hauled it out one day (usually she plays with it, putting toys inside, etc) and tried to take her diaper off. She sat on it (she has never sat on it with the lid up before) and said she was going to go pee. She read a book, lol! Quite a sight. Well, nothing happened, but she's done it twice since then and once right after she pooped. So, just like everybody said, she's just doing it all on her own. I suspect this is the start.

Oh yeah, one more major milestone! We bought a twin size air mattress for MIL to sleep on this past week. Emily can't stay out of it and has proclaimed it "her bed". She wouldn't sleep with MIL of course, but now that MIL is gone, Emily says she wants to sleep in it tonight. On the one hand, I'm amazed at all this, on the other hand I'm sad because I love sleeping with her. We are going to put it beside our bed tonight. I expect she will be up in our bed in no time after being put down there, but I suppose it's a start. My little girl is growing up!!!!! sniff!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#146 of 330 Old 01-14-2005, 11:13 PM

Work: I hate working. My heart just isn't in it anymore. It's crazy too, running back home to nurse. Emily is doing okay though. One day she took a couple of oz for dh from the medicine dropper. Still hates the cup and bottle. Pumping is going ok. I only do it once a day in the afternoon. Tomorrow (Sat) I will pump when I usually do in the afternoon, but I will try the morning as well. What isn't going well is the arrangement with mil. She doesn't want to do it anymore. Her reasons are many, non of them valid. She's just being selfish. I am not going into it all b/c it's super long. So are the other ideas dh and I have come up with. When we decide on one, I'll post it.
Em has a favorite toy, a soft doll with a rattle in the middle. She loves to put it in her mouth. I've given her teething toys, but she doesn't like them as much. She is doing the reverse cycle thing. She will eat when I come home during the day, but sleeps through most of the rest of it. She sleeps at night too, but nurses a lot.
#147 of 330 Old 01-14-2005, 11:54 PM

Hi Everyone! I"m new to the Thread and wanted to introduce myself!
I'm a new mommy as of October 27th! My fiance ( his names Eric but I call him Maloney.. which is our last name) and I had a beautiful baby girl... we named her Nora Magdalena Maloney... she is the best thing in my life besides Maloney!! I can't imagine my life without her.. I don't know what I was doing all these years!! LOL
After I had Nora I was posting on the American Baby website... but I didn't really feel like a fit in.. and no one messaged me ... soooo.. I found MDC about a month ago... and I just LOVE IT! I can't believe all of the great information.. and its so great to see there is this great group of women out there who are following thier hearts with thier children and not a book about how it "should" be done...reading some of the posts on American Baby started to make me upset... with people using CIO and other things I didn't agree with...
I am breastfeeding Nora... and at first I wondered how I was going to manage it for a year... but now after doing it for awhile... and reading so much information here I am going to CLW her, and I"m very excited about it!
Before going on maternity leave I worked at a Group home for people with disabilites... I have just recently started to go back to work here and there..
just 4 hours shifts... its hard to pump where I work becuz we don't get a break per se... we have down time when the clients are calm... and depending on the day that might not happen at all... so I figure 4 hours is enough... plus Maloney just got promoted to Manager at his home ( he works for the same company) so he is REALLY busy.. working lik 56-60 hours a week... kinda bums me out but he's making it possible for me to be at home more than I would otherwise and thats really important to me!
I'm really excited to get to know you guys! When I found out I was pregnant most of my friends stopped talking to me... "What.. you can't go to the bar every night??""" so I don't talk to a lot of people.. so sorry about the long post right off the bat! As much as I love hangin out with Nora all day, I still need adults to chat with... I've been talking to my mom almost everyday.. its
starting to scare me! LOL
Well I hope everyone has a great weekend... take care!!!
Andrea

OH! How do you guys get those cool ticker guys at the bottom!?? There soo cute !
#148 of 330 Old 01-15-2005, 03:09 AM

Mikayla is asleep....again

Andrea Somebody could probably give you a better explanation on how to do the sig. I did it the long/hard way...as usual.
#149 of 330 Old 01-15-2005, 03:47 AM

Welcome spacedog!!!

Amy- YAY for Gymbucks, lol! Care to share what you got? I'm redeeming mine tomorrow, I'm excited. Yes, I'm a Gymbo-junkie.
#150 of 330 Old 01-15-2005, 04:07 AM

Just wanted to put in a quick post.

My grandfather died last night. So with family comming in and all that arangments to be made I have a pretty crazy and emotional week ahead of me. Then on Friday, we leave to go visit Dh's family in the great white of Alaska for 2 weeks. We'll be back Feb. 2.

All the best to you all in the upcomming weeks. I'll really miss checking in with you all for the next 3 weeks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page