~Oct.04 Momma's~ Happy New Year!!!!!! January Thread - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 330 Old 01-22-2005, 03:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my MIL is visiting tomorrow (well, today but i haven't been to bed yet ) and even better, FIL is coming too! they're only staying a few hours and taking us out to lunch, but i really love their company, they're both supersmart geeks and fascinating to talk to. i count my blessings that i have such great in-laws, whew! and of course Willow will be completely goo-gooed to death and spoiled rotten and love every minute of it but i drove myself hard to clean the whole house, half because they're visiting and half because i want the house the way i used to keep it a few years ago before the fibromyalgia got bad. OW OW OW! i got it all clean and it looks great, but i had to take a percocet and splint both wrists i swear, i need a robot maid like on the Jetsons.

treehugger.gif Willow (6) says: "Mother Earth is the mother of all mothers"

angel1.gif Phoenix (6/2011) ♥      print-n-color mandalas >photosmile3.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 330 Old 01-22-2005, 04:14 AM - Thread Starter

Meli- Hope you have a nice visit...BTW I forgot to tell you how ADORABLE that pic of Willow is!

Piglet- ....Oh good, I hope things will be a bit better now. It's funny, with Ember she'd just fall asleep when she was tired and just sleep on the nursing pillow on my lap until I was ready for bed (it was nice, I got to watch all my shows, :LOL) and it took me awhile to realize..."Oh, I actually have to put Oakley to bed"

Christine- Yup, attitude, attitude, attitude. It's like "I know everything and you know nothing, Mom". It is very intense. Let me know if you find a rememdy that works, I have some Rescue Remedy maybe that would help me cope with her at least :LOL Honestly though it really seems to be a stage, at least my friends who have BTDT seem to say so, hopefully it is a short lived one. Now that I am actually thinking back to when I was a teenager I remember how passionate I was and how intensely I felt things...maybe keeping that in mind will help me to see where Ember is coming from tomorrow.
#243 of 330 Old 01-22-2005, 11:36 AM

Hi All
Well.. we managed to survive Sophai's 2 day nursing strike.. phew..

Piglet.. Sophia does that too and I remember DS did as well. it is so awful to go through. It seems to happen to use when she is very tired and also overly hungry.. I have found that I either have to stop trying to nurse her and calm her down, this usually means standing up with her upright on my shoulder and my "shush"ing her until she stops crying.. then quickly offering the breast again. If that doesn't work I do the "bait and switch" with her binky. She doesnt' get a bink many times...usually only when this happens..so she is surprised by it and sucks on it.. gets all calm and will let me lay her down to nurse.. then I pop out the binky and pop in the boob.. that usually does the trick.
This was how we got through the nursing strike too.. So wierd.. And she is the same way.. happy on the changing pad etc.

Try making sure you nurse him regularly throughout the day.. maybe that will stave off the huge hunger he gets?? Are you wearing him?

Sophia isn't even attempting to sit up or roll over.. which has me only a little worried... DS was rolling by this time.. but he wasn't a talker.. she is a talker...I also don't do much tummy time.. she doesnt' like it..

We are getting a bilzzard today, they say.. going to run errands before it hits and then hunker down for the rest of the weekend. I hope we don't loose power.. No power.. no heat.. and it is 1/2 of a degree this am!!

Chantal
#244 of 330 Old 01-22-2005, 12:57 PM

Any of you had your wisdom teeth out? I will be getting mine taken out soon and am wandering what to expect. They are really bothering me. I have been on ibprofen for almost 2 weeks because of the pain and I hate taking meds.

Piglet..glad things are a bit more smooth. Its hard when babes are fussy and you can't figure it out.

Meli...have fun with your il's!

We are SNOWED in!!!! I think we got 8 in. last night and it is still snowing. The boys are gonna have some fun today.
#245 of 330 Old 01-22-2005, 01:05 PM

Meli, that picture of Willow is amazingly sweet Hope you have a nice time w/ your inlaws. But gracious, take it easy cleaning! I'm sure they're more interested in visiting w/ you guys than inspecting the cleanliness of your house *lol*

Chatal, I'm so glad things smoothed out for you and Sophia. I've never experienced it, but a nursing strike must be so scary and frustrating. Noah isn't really doing much in the way of trying to sit up or roll over either. I honestly wouldn't worry. They're still so very young! We're expecting a lot of snow today too, but not a blizzard. It's giving the day a kind of "holiday" feel. Think hot chocolate, popcorn and a movie, snuggling under blankies together

Amie, I use the Rescue Remedy for all of us *lol* ... me to help me maintain my calm, and for E. to help him hold himself together when I can tell he's just about to crumble. I even give a drop to Noah when he's screaming in the car and there's nothing else I can do for him. I too think that E.'s struggles are a phase ... there will likely be a whole new challenge next month. But if I can help him through it, I'm willing to. Some things I've used in the past are Vervain (to help them manage "big" feelings) and Impatiens (guess what for? *lol*). Something that is really challenging for Ethan these days is making decisions ... even deciding what he wants for breakfast can make him collapse in tears (if he wants two things and can't choose ... even if I suggest that he has a little of both, or has one thing now, and the other thing as a snack later on ... ) I'm pretty sure there's a flower remedy for indecisiveness which I think might help him. I know he just needs to experience making decisions and dealing w/ the consequences, etc. Being 4 must be so hard *lol*
#246 of 330 Old 01-23-2005, 02:03 AM

We got sooo much snow!! Its beautiful outside... but I"m glad I'm inside :
I went to work for a little bit today and Nora took a bottle! She only does when I'm gone.. but I guess thats what matters, Eric is really enjoying feeding her now. At first he didn't want to have anything to do with it, but I wanted him to be able to feed her so he could have those big eyes staring up at him... its so great!
But she WOULD NOT NAP! Without the boob she only took 2 20 min naps while I was gone, if I were home she would have slept for 2 hours.. so
by the end of the day she was a little cranky! LOL

stanleymama-good luck with your wisdom teeth! I hade mine taken out in High School and I wanted to go out that night... it wasn't too bad.. plus I think labor toughens you up a little bit! LOL
Isn't the snow beautiful!! I wish I could go out and play in it, next year will be so fun!

ashleepurdie-Nora is also trying to sit up! She can only roll over half way.. but she really wants to sit up and see whats going on around her!
I meant to tell... we almost named Nora... Ella... it is my sisters middle name and my great grandmas name... then we were thinking... Ellanora... but just stuck with Nora... all that to tell you... its such a beautiful name!

melly- I'm glad to hear you got willow in to see someone about her reflux. I wanted to ask you about mucousy spit up...you said that it was bad...
why is it bad?? and what do you mean by mucousy.. yellow?? or just the consistency of mucous but white.. LOL Mucous .. mucous mucous... am I even spelling that right? I've always thought Nora had a reflux problem.. she used to spit up ALOT.. and now not so much but its mucousy.. and seems like she swallows it, she gets the hiccups alot too..but the only thing that seems to bother her is the hiccups..
So I don't know.. I asked the doctor about it before.. and its seems like no matter what I ask them, or tell them .. they just say... "That'll happen"...
I hear your the expert on the Reflux... so any info you have I would love!
OH! and I do feel a toothache comin on from those pictures of Willow!! She is precious!

Andrea
I'll try and post a pic of Nora... sorry if its enormous.. or too small.. or mishapen!LOL
#247 of 330 Old 01-23-2005, 04:10 AM - Thread Starter

Christine- You seem to know a lot about the remedies, you have inspired me to try some tomorrow (did I mention that the bottle is still sealed : ).....of course I believe in thier usefulness but I just never think to use it in the moment. Is there something that could help our bathroom struggles??? Ember forgets often to care about making it to the toilet...to busy playing. I should have asked for a book on homeopathy for my b-day...do you have any good sites that you use? Of course it is great that you help Ethan in anyway that you can.

: 2 day nursing strike, I can't imagine! Glad you are through it Chantal.

Kimberly- I remember feeling like crud for about 4 days after getting my wisdom teeth pulled, make sure you have someone around to help you if needed...I remember spending lots of time on the couch. Hopefully though it won't be so bad for you, don't mean to scare you but I just can't imagine taking care of four kids afterward, then again I was just a teenager when I had mine pulled so maybe I milked it to avoid school :LOL
#248 of 330 Old 01-23-2005, 06:33 AM

Thanks everyone on their input on tummy time. Yes, I have her sleep on my tummy about once a day or so and try to give her some time on the jungle gym mat. She loves all the hanging toys and bats them like crazy and then she touches them very gently. So cute. She lasts about 2 minutes on her tummy before she's had it. The pillow under her chest doesn't make too much of a difference to her, but I'll keep at it.
Today, she had me and dh crack up. I've noticed that she avoids eye contact when she doesn't feel like smiling, but as soon as I catch her glance she smiles, it's almost that she _has_ to smile as soon as we lock eyes. So now we've made a game out of it, she moves her head back and forth until I catch her eyes and then she makes the biggest baby grin. Too funny.
Nani

unschooling mama with Toots'n Fruits (6) and BeenzieBoo (3)
#249 of 330 Old 01-23-2005, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehalo
oh Amie, you hit the nail on the head! "like living w/ a mini teenager" ... that summs it up perfectly!! The attitude, the *intensity* ... it's like everything is just too much for him to handle. I know he's still such a little guy, and he's likely as overwhelmed as we are ... but that's hard to remember in the heat of the moment when he's giving me an attitude like a 16 year old! *lol* I want to sit down w/ my flower remedy book ... my gut is telling me that if I can find the right remedy, it will really help balance things out for him. I just haven't had time to flip through it and get to the NFS to buy the right one.

If you find something, will you pass along the info?? I am living this daily and it is awful!!

We are stuck inside today.. still snowing

Chantal
#250 of 330 Old 01-23-2005, 12:04 PM

Good Morning all!!! Its -8 Fahrenheit here...brrrrrrrrrr. Admittedly, I think the snow is very beautiful, but I HATE the cold.

Tommorrow I go in for my first : pp check. Its not that i have been avoiding it..ok maybe a little...but my first appt. was cancelled because my dr. was delivering baby, the next was missed because we were out of town so finallly tomorrow its all set. Quinn will be going in for his first visit as well. I am really curious to know what he weighs right now. HE is so long and solid!!

Teeth...Yeah I figure I will feel like crud. Dh though will be able to take care of me. He works 3 12 hr. shifts a week so I will schedule the appt. for his first day off and that gives me 3 more days of his help. I am making the appt tomorrow. At first I thought I had to wait till after my dentist could get me in for x-rays, but I called the dentist and they said I could speed up the process by just making the appt.....then they will be forced to get me in asap for the x-rays. After having braces on my teeth for 3.5 years I have grown a huge aversion to the dentist, though I do like getting my teeth cleaned, I am not looking forward to this. But the pain and discomfort is helping me to say...ENOUGH!! Get these things out of my mouth!

Ok..off to rest. I have had a sore throat/stuffed up head for a few days now. That combined with my mouth..I am not feeling to good. Enjoy a nice Sunday everyone!
#251 of 330 Old 01-23-2005, 12:52 PM

BRRRRRRRRR! this blizzard is beautiful but also a bitch! our apartment is the top floor of an old Victorian house, it has 19 windows and all of them have been rattling all night, the drafts make it impossible to heat the house. and Willow finally outgrew all her 0-3s last week so i only have 3 warm 3-6s for her, i've got her all bundled up in blankets and going back to curl up with her after i post this!

spacedog ... try refluxinchildren.com for lots of info. mucous coming out of either end is bad because it can mean allergies. from what you describe it sounds like "silent reflux" with all the swallowing and hiccuping. i was lucky our ped. knows all about it because i hear most peds. write it off as colic. most kids grow out of refluxing by around 7 months

Willow is doing fantastic on the Pepcid, she already is drinking 4oz bottles and it looks like she might be moving up to 5oz today! compared to the last 3 weeks where she barely took 2oz. i was looking at the NFS Thursday trying to find natural remedies for reflux, i didn't see any but they do have the Hyland's "kit" for kids. i was going to ask my MIL for a gift cert. to that store when she visited, well also asking for a LOT of stuff Willow needs, but she couldn't visit because of the blizzard. and my husband refuses to tell her how desparate the situation is over the phone. if i call and tell her, he'll hate me forever. gahh! i hate being stuck in the middle like that. we've got no-cut-off letters for utilities and we have food stamps but that's it. he's still applying for jobs every day, so many, only had that one interview and didn't get that job.

ok back to cuddling with Willow to keep warm and watch all the snow blowing sideways past the windows

#252 of 330 Old 01-23-2005, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

Nani- That's so cute that little game you've made

Meli- Brrr, I hope you guys can stay warm...it's nice to have an excuse to snuggle up under some blankets. I hope your Dh can find a job soon, I know the frustration of that...jobs are hard to come by in the area that we live (even the not so good ones such as pumping gas, let alone something that pays well...no offence meant by that comment, just that you can't live off it). My Dh is not working right now but luckily I am able to bring in a bit of money while bringing Oakley with me. I've got lots of fleece blankets and maybe even a few warm clothing items I could send you for Willow...PM me.

Kimberly- Oh good, I am glad your Dh will be off work. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Chantal- Argh, being stuck inside all day with a preschooler...I feel for you. We just got out of a cold snap here, it was around -15F(-25C) for about a week...not fun. I cannot wait for SPRING!!!
#253 of 330 Old 01-23-2005, 03:50 PM

Amelia...where are you? I miss hearing from you!
#254 of 330 Old 01-23-2005, 06:23 PM

Amie & Chantal, re: the flower remedies ... well, I really am far from well versed ... and half the time I forget to remember to use them as a resource *lol* ... but when I do, I think I can really see a difference. Who knows if it's a placebo effect or what ... but it's not a huge investment (well, they can be pricey for a seemingly tiny bottle, but a little goes a long way ...). I use the Bach remedies, mostly b/c they're easily accessible (my NFS sells a decent selection of them), I have a book about them, and there's lots of info about them on the web. There are other ones that I've heard are "superior", but honestly, I'm not sure how that's evaluated, and since we've had good luck w/ the Bach, I won't fix what's not broken One day I'd like to learn more about the other brands, but I'm not exactly swimming in free time :LOL

The book I have is called, simply, "The Bach Flower Remedies". Here's a great link about each of the essences and their indications: http://www.bachcentre.com/centre/remedies.htm
this link has nice short descriptions all on one page:
http://www.rainbowcrystal.com/bach/bach2.html

For Ethan's indecision problem, it looks like scleranthus might help. I haven't been to pick it up yet, so I haven't tried it.

About your potty problem ... well, E. has the same thing ... it's like he can't bother to interrupt himself in order to take care of going potty. The only thing that rang a bell as I scrolled through the essences is "impatiens" ... maybe that would help her have the perspective needed to tear herself away from her play? On a purely practical note, I have just trained myself to remind Ethan every so often ... that's usually enough of a prompt for him.

I'm also thinking about getting "Holly" for Ethan --- it mentions something about "not feeling loved enough" ... and although we haven't had any outward manifestations of "sibling rivalry", it feels that that essence might address any underlying insecurities Ethan has about the new baby. We've been having *such* a hard time with him lately, and it seems like the adjustment to the new family member must play into that somehow.

Kimberly, good luck with the dentist! I had my wisdom teeth out in high school too ... I remember feeling pretty thrown for a loop by the anesthesia, but the recovery wasn't too bad. A friend of my just got hers removed (she's in her 30s) and she was tender and swollen for about a week, but I think she was pretty functional by the next day.

Meli, I'm sorry you're having a tough time Financial troubles can be so draining Is there anything you need that some of us might have around the house? I have lots of extra blankets, if that would be helpful, and a few gender neutralish warm one piece outfits. *Please* let me know if you can think of any way I could help. I do have the hylands kid kit ... I don't recall anything in it adressing reflux, but I wasn't looking for that specifically so I'm not 100% positive. I wonder if a naturopath or DO might have some input on homeopathic remedies for reflux (I know, pricey )
#255 of 330 Old 01-23-2005, 06:30 PM

OK Ladies, FREEZE!

No new posts til I catch up! I'm still back on page 5. :LOL
#256 of 330 Old 01-23-2005, 08:29 PM

Hey Nancy,
our baby's have the same BDay!
Nani

#257 of 330 Old 01-23-2005, 08:31 PM

oops, double post

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#258 of 330 Old 01-23-2005, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Amelia...where are you? I miss hearing from you!
Aww, thanks for thinking of me. I am here, but not able to post much. I can really only read in very short bursts and I am usually nak or holding my baby so that makes it hard to type. Plus, DD1 hates for me to be on the computer. She comes in and takes the mouse away and tries to type herself. We are slowly teaching her not to do it, but I can also understand why she does it. It seems like the computer can suck up a lot of time, better spent with her or around the house, so I try to limit it. I can only get on if she is sleeping (and she doesn't take naps anymore), or is I let her watch a movie : . And, then when DH is home, he loves to be on the computer as well.

But, I am thinking of you all and lurk a bit, it is just hard to type and respond.

We were stuck inside from the blizzard all day today as well. It is kinda nice and cozy and earlier this afternoon, I went out and shoveled our cars out. Call me crazy, but I like shoveling snow. It was good to get out and get exercise. Lately it has been much too cold to take a walk with kids in tow and the few times I have tried to take a walk and leave G with DH, I come home to her crying and screaming. Can a 3-month old have separation anxiety already?? Because she defintiely knows the difference between if DH is holding her or I am. And, she defintiely prefers mommy. It seems like she is fine with DH holding her if am home, but if I try to run out for just 40 minutes or an hour, she screams and cries.

Christine, I need to look into homeopathy more. That is one of those things I am always trying to look into more, but just don't have the time or never get around to it. And, it seems to be expensive buying all those things. Seems like NFL is so expensive sometimes. sigh....

For the last week and a half, I have been trying a "carb-controlled" diet, and it is really working well. Basically, I try to mostly eat protien foods, fruits, vegetables, nuts and limited amounts of complex, whole-grain, fiberous carbhydrates. I have noticed a huge difference in that I dont' have sugar cravings anymore. I think my body is sugar-sensitive and when I stay away from the sugars and refined carbohydrates and things like that, I don't get nearly as much cravings. Plus, I have lost 4 pounds this week. Everything, I read said is safe to limit carbohydrates while breastfeeding as long as you eat lots of fruits and veggies, drink plenty of water and get enough calories (which I am).

Piglet, your description of Sasha's behavior sounds just like what G does when she is overtired and can't fall asleep. She does the same crying and screaming, pushing away the breast, sticking her fists in her mouth, but being happy lying flat for a little. I found that when she does that, I have to immediately put her to bed (which means either lying down with her in a dark room and basically going to be myself or if I want to stay up, putting her in the sling and nursing her and letting her sleep in the sling. If we just try to hold her or nurse her regularly, it doesn't work. She needs to be actually put to sleep at night and rather early as well. It is so different from H, who used to just fall asleep.

Kimberly, good luck with the wisdom teeth. I had it done right out of high school. But, it wasn't bad at all. I had hardly any pain, and just ate soft foods for a few days. The worse thing for me was they gave me amoxocillian which we discoverd I was allergic too. I actually broke out in hives all over my legs from it while one my freshman, college orientation and of course all I had to wear was shorts.

Whoever mentioned tummy time, we dont' do that much either. Occasionaly for just a few minutes, but that is all. I really don't think it is a huge deal. We never really did it with H either and she crawled and walked just fine.

Well, I better go. H needs me. We have been having some obviously sibling issues lately. Mainly, if G is with DH or sleeping and I am spending time with H, she gets very angry if I need to go to G to nurse her or whatever. Once she has my full attention, without my holding or nursing G at the same time, she gets very possesive of it. Almost like "I had mommy first, and I am keeping her" but if I am holding G or nursing her she doesn't show any signs of rivalry at all, only when H had alone time with me and it has to end.

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#259 of 330 Old 01-23-2005, 08:42 PM

Ok, all caught up. Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I always get sucked in to the diaper forum or TAO....

I'm pumping right now so gotta run!
#260 of 330 Old 01-24-2005, 12:54 AM

wow thank you generous mamas i'm ok on clothes, i was on the "needy mom" thread and got a lot of such wonderful packages from so many mamas! the only problem was sizing, i have heavy stuff in big sizes and very lightweight stuff in Willow's current size. i don't mind dressing her in the bigger stuff, she looks kinda cute i also have one of those blanket-sleepers that zips up, i'm covering her with that and then putting a blanket around her loosely all day, she loves to be warm. i can also layer 2 of the lightweight sleepers i think, haven't tried that yet but it just occurred to me!

i am trying to convince my husband to tell his mom the reality of our situation, and let her decide what she wants to do ... help out financially or just give advice, maybe help him look for a job up in her area, etc. she's going to find out eventually, when we can no longer pay rent (Feb.) and have to find somwhere to move to in March, so i keep telling him, put aside your pride and think of your daughter!! his mom would be pissed, correction, WILL be pissed when she finds out he's been hiding our situation for so long. he was going to tell her when she visited in person, she's coming Feb. 5 but by then the car will be repo'd unless we keep it locked in the garage. ugh.

my web client who pays for my internet hookup was very kind to us at xmas, she's a real angel i have one new client who can only barter, but she's promised to give my work good word of mouth

Willow has been blowing raspberries at me all day! it's like, she just discovered she has lips :LOL she also does this weird thing where she sucks in her upper lip really noisily, and looks so serious while doing it!

ETA: i keep thinking chamomile for tummy troubles, but can you do homeopathy on babies under 6 months? i've got chamomile flower buds somewhere, i can make an infusion. i haven't done natural remedies for a few years so i'm rusty though.

#261 of 330 Old 01-24-2005, 01:00 AM

Hi all, hope you're keeping warm!!! It's even going to be in the 30's here tonight!! High of only 60 tomorrow (I know that's not really cold, but it is for here LOL).

It's been a LOOOONG week here. DS has been sick since Monday, low fever that day but it's been 103-104 in its spikes since then. I took him to the Dr on Thursday (I usually wait 5 days before doing that without sign of real infection, but his Dr doesn't work on Fridays, and he's finally detraumatized from a bad nurse experience by coming to Lillian's appts. Plus, our friends had a virus too, so I figured it was that.) to be safe. She thought maybe strep, but that and the flu came back negative, so she told us to just wait it out, it shouldn't last more than 5-6 days (the fever that is). Poor little guy had a fever of 104 in the Dr's office!! That night he threw up, but I thought it was from gagging on mucous when he coughed. Well, here we are Sunday night, he's thrown up a few times yesterday and today, fever still really high, but last night he started having an earache, so I think he developed one from being so clogged up. Been giving him decongestants, Tylenol (for fever), Hyland's earache pills, and ear oil. We're going to the Dr again tomorrow, that will be day 8 of fever. With any luck, she'll say it's healing on its own and avoid antibiotics, but we'll see. I've been catching this thing too (despite taking 1000mg vit c, echinacea, goldenseal, zinc...you name it!!) and poor Lillian seems to be getting it too.

Ugh I wanted to write more nad respond to people but she won't stay asleep....ttyl.

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#263 of 330 Old 01-24-2005, 02:01 AM

Amy so sorry to hear that Mickade is sick..i hope you and Lily don't come down with it....will keep you in my prayers.

Meli sorry to hear about your situation. I didn't realize things were so bad. Hope your dh finds something soon!!!
#264 of 330 Old 01-24-2005, 04:06 AM

wow....speed reading through the thread.

amelia, so good to hear from you. i was gonna ask where you were as well. (isn't it nice to be loved? )

we're good, sasha's crying fits are down to a minimum now that i think i've figured it out. not nearly like those few days of hell.

meli, how totally stressful for you!!! i hope your dh tells his mother. she WOULD be upset i'm sure, and why wait until things are off, etc and you have to pay reconnect fees...tell him you're giving him a choice, either he tells her by X date or you will.

okay, gotta run! it's bedtime and the kids need me!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#265 of 330 Old 01-24-2005, 12:01 PM

Amy hugs to Mickade! Hope he gets well, and you avoid getting too ill. It's so hard when little ones don't feel good!

I often use the rescue remedy on myself.

Hugs to those of you going through hard times with older Dc's. I remember not too long ago thinking I'd never get through a hard patch with Miles. But we made it! I really like the book The Unprossesed Child. Reading that helped me to stay focused on what Im trying to acomplish with my kidlets, and not enter into debate/argument/powerstruggles with Miles. (which was what we were dealing with) Now if only Dh could figure out his relationship with him

Amelia, I'd love to have more info on your eating! I've been good about running, but know I need to improve what I'm eating. I've gotten pretty bad about eating whatever. We do mostly/all organic and I've slipped into "oh, these cornchips aren't too bad, they are ORGANIC "

Ok I don't know what else, OH we're getting 7 pines cut down in our yard today! I'm very sad, but they are all HUGE and within 5 feet of our little home. They could totally crush us....
#266 of 330 Old 01-24-2005, 12:16 PM

It's been a few days and I'm already behind.

Meli, seriously, if you need anyhting, LET US KNOW! We also have lots of girl/gender neutral stuff you're welcome to have. I agree, set a date for dh to tell mil or do it yourself.

Amy, hope your family gets to feeling better soon!

Sorry if I'm missing anyone. I went to driving class on Saturday (fora speeding ticket, and i wasn't driving dangerously, I was going the same speed as the rest of traffic but he couldn't pull everyone over...) Anyway, I had to leave Ella from 8 am to 1:30. It was the longest I've left her for and she took a bottle just fine! She hasn't had one since she was about 7 weeks old so I was sooo worried, but now it's such a relief to know that if I have to I can leave her for a bit.

homeopathy: I don't know much about it either, but I did take some arnica right after the birth and i am now a believer. I should have been bruised 'cause I was on my hands and knees for 5 hrs straight and dh was pushing on my back w/ his fists as hard as he could. I was expecting purple knees and lower back, but they weren't even sore! Now I definately want to try others.

Ok, Ella needs me.
Have a good day!
#267 of 330 Old 01-24-2005, 12:34 PM

Morning everyone

BRRR It is cold.. we have -7 this am!!!

Both kids have fevers.. DS came down with 102.1 yesterday.. and it is down to 99 with motrin now.. Sophia has 100.1 and she has been on meds for her ear infection for nearly a week.. Not sure what is up with this.... headed to the Dr.. again...

Chamomile.. I thought that you could brew some and use a dropped to give it.. and that it was safe.. but I just read something on German Chamomile that made me very very nervous.. how nursing and pregnant mothers should avoid it.. and this was in my Hale book.. Is all chamomile German? Or is that something specific....

I will look into the Bach flower remedies.. I have a book that compares conventional treatments, flower treatments, homeopathy and pressure point treatments for various conditions.. maybe I should look in there.. I have the RR but never thought it helped when I used it on me with DS.. tho.. to be fair.. I was in very bad shape then.. and perhaps it did help but only a little.. who knows..

Ok.. off to get everyone ready to head out into the cold and snow for the Dr.. we are supposed to get more snow on Tuesday!!!

Chantal
#268 of 330 Old 01-24-2005, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleepurdie
It's been a few days and I'm already behind.

homeopathy: I don't know much about it either, but I did take some arnica right after the birth and i am now a believer. I should have been bruised 'cause I was on my hands and knees for 5 hrs straight and dh was pushing on my back w/ his fists as hard as he could. I was expecting purple knees and lower back, but they weren't even sore! Now I definately want to try others.

Ok, Ella needs me.
Have a good day!

Love arnica.. we use it ALL the time here.. in the pill and cream form.. I used the cream on Sophia when she was born, her forehead bruising was terrifying.. black.. and within 4 days it had faded signifigantly and within a week she was all better...

We tend to use the Borion remedies mostly because they are not combined rememdies.. Hylands puts too much "stuff" in their rememdies for my comfort. We get a lot of the homeopathic remedies from our naturopath too...

Chantal
#269 of 330 Old 01-24-2005, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter

Christine- Thanks for those links...I will definately check them out when I have some time to. It's neat to see how many of us are intrested to find out more, I am kinda glad to see I'm not the only one who is lacking in knowledge in this area :LOL About the potty issues...our other problem is that if I remind Ember she takes it as a power struggle (argh) so even if she knows she has to go she doesn't want to go...so I really want something that will stir intrinsic motivation.

Nancy and Amelia...good to see you!

ARGH...weight issues I was way too optomistic when I actually fit into a pair of my jeans at 6 weeks...and I was too cocky over the holidays thinking that I could eat whatever I wanted because I was b/f and would burn the extra calories : So now my jeans are fitting worse....it doesn't help that the weather has been crappy and I haven't even been going for walks or anything, I can't wait until spring! End vent.

Meli- I agree with putting the pressure on your Dh to talk to his mom...maybe he should read this thread because you have stated many good reasons why telling her would be in your families best intrest.
#270 of 330 Old 01-24-2005, 05:29 PM

Meli - maybe you can come up with a wishlist and we can all see if we can do something for you? Maybe there are things you need beyond baby clothes? Just let us know and we can figure out how to help you if you need us to, ok?
Nani

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page