June 2004 January thread!! - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 454 Old 01-17-2005, 07:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
HBH--Didn't mean to imply I thought *you* should think you are crazy. Just that the outsider opinion seems to help. And I think I'm the one with the internet addiction around here, ever since we put the DSL in so I could work at home...

Seedling, I feel lucky to have my job too and that if I can just hang on it will be better in the long run. Some part of me, the part that isn't imploding, feels good about what I have managed to accomplish when I look back at it. Its just the immediate future that seems to impossible.
#242 of 454 Old 01-17-2005, 09:44 PM

HH ~ Sorry I missed your post before. Big hugs to you mama.
#243 of 454 Old 01-17-2005, 10:26 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Well, DH made himself a counsellors appointment today. It's a start, anyway.

Caitlin has 4 teeth, not 1. Her other middle bottom tooth is coming in & the two between where her tow front teeth, and her incisors will be are coming in. Where her two front teeth will be is majorly bulging, too... hope they start to come in before the other ones get too big, or she'll look like a hockey player!!

Roland is demanding a story, after refusing supper (lasagna, blueberries, salad & chocolate milk!) so Kevins reading to him. Cailin is chewing on her bowl, still. She had avocado (which shes had a few times before) and sucked on a blueberry that I held in my fingers for her (it gave her the shivers, but she seemed to like it anyway) Shes going to need a change... what a messy baby!

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#244 of 454 Old 01-18-2005, 12:43 AM

my boob is feeling less scary painful but it still hurts like hell. i am getting desperate; i may actually try the ultra-low-carb, kill-all-the-yeast diet if i can figure out a way to afford it.

i'm so proud of myself for blogging a little every day. it's not much, but it's something that's just for *me*, and that's all good.

BooBah has no teeth yet-- thank goodness, because BeanBean has enough teeth for 8 babies. No, he doesn't i guess-- it just feels that way. : He's only got 16 teeth, but they're *huge* teeth, like Mike's and his families, not cute, tiny little teeth like in mine. I'm sure the little ones can be just as sharp as the big ones... but for now, i'd like to think it's entirely Mike's fault that our son has fangs. :LOL

HBH-- I hope you & your man gain something from the therapy.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#245 of 454 Old 01-18-2005, 01:16 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
HBH - so sorry for your trouble. I've not had great experiences with shrinks; sounds like the one you saw was actually not such a bad guy. Yay for that.

Rynna - it's amazing how long one of those big bags of frozen chicken breasts lasts. My dh is on Atkins, which horrifies me from a general health perspective, but I can totally see how it would kill yeast. And a bag of precooked (non-breaded) chicken strips makes for very quick snacks/meals. Cover and microwave for 4ish minutes. Or immerse in boiling water for 2 minutes. Boiling also helps to leach out some of the sodium.
#246 of 454 Old 01-18-2005, 02:40 AM

Rynna - One low-carb option is stir fry. OMG! I am so in love with stirfry at the moment. I get one of the big bags of boneless skinless chicken breasts (about $6 for 7 BIG breasts) and several bags of frozen stir fry veggies (about $1.50 each), which are all low-carb. We serve it over brown rice or rice noodles or bean threads usually because we're not atkins people, but it would be just as good without the starch. I make stir fry from one chicken breast cut into strips and one bag of veggies and then throw in some sauce (soy, terriyaki, or some stir-fry sauce) and its a fabulous meal for three for only about $3. Woohoo! Plus there's only one pan to wash at the end! Tonight I used a half pound of ground pork instead of the chicken and it was to die for... and I'm sure beef or turkey would be good, too, if you don't do pork. (do you keep kosher? one of my best friends is Israli and grew up very traditionally Jewish and he would always come over, look at what I'd cook, tell me all the ways that it wasn't kosher and then eat it up! it became a running joke)

HBH, I totally feel for you. DH made a point of telling me several times last summer that he thought I was crazy. It was really making me question myself. After reading your post earlier, I talked about it with him and he said he was really sorry that he'd said it, but that what he'd really meant is just that I was reacting in very different ways that I always had before and it just seemed like a crazy situation because he didn't know what to expect. We're making progress here, too, on the whole "Deal." He works at home, too, and he works about 80 hours a week. But when he's not working at the computer he immediately goes into "vacation mode" - but after discussing it at length thousands of times it seems, he seems to get the fact that parents (and homeowners!) are never truly on vacation - there's always responsibilites and there's always things that need to be done.

So, starting last night I'm slowing moving Killy into the crib in his room. We had been putting him down for the night in the cradle beside our bed and then pulling him into bed for the rest of the night the first time he wakes up. Well, the cradle is not going to be a safe option anymore because he's pulling himself up and actually beginning to cruise around a bit. The sides of the cradle aren't high enough to keep him from tipping out. So, into the crib! I just have to walk across the hall to get him the first time he cries now, and then he spends the rest of the night in our bed. Its sad not to have him right beside me at all times, but exciting that he's growing up a bit.

I've also upped his solids a bit because he's been nursing a ton at night - more than he ever has before! We hadn't been doing solids every night, and I noticed that the nights we didn't were the ones that he woke up even more than usual. Tonight he had a lovely dinner of brown rice, avacado, and banana. I'm giving him a few bites of oatmeal while I eat breakfast, too, now. I'm kind of hoping that upping the solids a bit will bring back AF so we can starting trying for #2 in earnest! I don't know that it will, though, because I'd estimate that Killy's still more than 85% breastfed and the little chunkster weighs 21.5 lbs so I must be making a ton of breastmilk - and even on "good" nights he nurses at least twice during the night.

Good grief! I didn't mean to write a novel... Sorry!

Mama to DS (05/04) and DD (11/05), married to a wonderful DH.
#247 of 454 Old 01-18-2005, 02:43 AM

Wow, I've felt so bad for not having a coherent moment to post for over a week and not wanting to post cause I don't want to talk about the issues DH & I have been having and I finally get a chance to skim through the last few pages and it looks like we're all going through similar stuff It's so nice to know I'm not alone!

Harriet, I'm sure it was a horribly traumatic weekend for you but I almost had to LOL that you actually went to the ER. I've been so close to doing that myself, but luckily it hasn't taken that extreme to clue in Dan. I hope it starts getting easier for you soon!

Hey, have any of you had trouble with gallstones?? I need to post this on the Health board, too but wanted to see if you had any thoughts. I've been having attacks for a few months and my DR wants my gall bladder removed but it doesn't feel right. Trouble is, I can't do any cleanses cause the toxins go into my milk. I'm in such a tizzy over this. The attacks seem to correspond to bad eating days but not always so it's not just a matter of eating well. I'm a compulsive eater (mostly when I'm angry) and when I'm really stressed out (like lately) I don't eat so hot and it's really starting to hurt me a lot and make me more stressed out, nasty cycle, huh? Anyway, now that I know what's wrong with me it's a bit easier, but still scary.

Rynna, I think DH & I need some of that therapy you and Mike had, even though I have zero interest in it, it's probably exactly what I need. Of course, I'd have to get the clean laundry put away and off the extra bed and that's just more than I can accomplish right now, lol!

I gotta go eat dinner before it gets too late, but will try to post more this week. I get more depressed the longer I go between posting but lately have just been too bummed and stressed to write. I get quiet when I'm really upset and my life has been making me feel downright catatonic. Oh, one good thing, one of my dear friends is moving in next door! Hopefully having a friend so close will help to cut down on the dark days around here Hope you're all having a good week!

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)
#248 of 454 Old 01-18-2005, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubelin
Hey, have any of you had trouble with gallstones?? I need to post this on the Health board, too but wanted to see if you had any thoughts. I've been having attacks for a few months and my DR wants my gall bladder removed but it doesn't feel right. Trouble is, I can't do any cleanses cause the toxins go into my milk. I'm in such a tizzy over this. The attacks seem to correspond to bad eating days but not always so it's not just a matter of eating well. I'm a compulsive eater (mostly when I'm angry) and when I'm really stressed out (like lately) I don't eat so hot and it's really starting to hurt me a lot and make me more stressed out, nasty cycle, huh? Anyway, now that I know what's wrong with me it's a bit easier, but still scary.
I don't have much that is helpful to add, except that my mom has gallbladder attacks and they correspond with her diet. She finds that if she eats fatty/greasy foods she has an attack. So far she's been able to avoid surgury by watching what she eats. (she never did any cleanses or anything though) Her younger sister did have to have the surgury a couple years ago. I saw my aunt's scars from the operation and they were pretty small - but I think they told her that they would have been even smaller if it hadn't been an emergency situation.

Mama to DS (05/04) and DD (11/05), married to a wonderful DH.
#249 of 454 Old 01-18-2005, 08:34 AM

Hey Robin, good to hear your voice. The gallstone stuff sounds awful. Hope you are feeling generally less stressed out soon (that goes for all of us!)

I must admit, it's heartening to know that so many of us are in the same place, or have been in the same place, or can see how one would get in the same place with feeling overwhelmed and resentful. Makes me remember that this is conditional and won't last. And somewhat normal.

Flora has been nursing non freaking stop. The minute she sees me she starts with that little coughing thing she does that says it's time to eat. Or worse yet, crying outright. I've got to start getting some solids in her. She had some rice cereal and bananna over the weekend. I gave her some mushy rice last night to play with while we had dinner. But it's time. No more being slack about solids. Got to make an effort to offer them b/c I'm flat as a pancake all day long unless we go out in which case I'm bursting at the seams after an hour. I'm hoping that solids will also help our sleep situation b/c she's nursing so much at night it's hard for me to really sleep well.

Well, I've gotten an hour of work done so far today. I stayed up and did an extra two hours last night. We've got a field trip this morning with Isabel's school plus a play date this afternoon so I have to get the work squared away early. Glad to be off to such a good start. I'm also switching my ISP today. I'm so sick of the run around with my current provider. I'm going with the local provider so at least I have a real person to yell at when it doesn't work.

Happy Tuesday all!
#250 of 454 Old 01-18-2005, 10:56 AM

Caitlin slept through the night last night!! From 9:30pm - 5am!!! I'm sure she won't make a habit of it just yet, but it sure was nice. We're having oatmeal for breakfast, too.

If it wasn't me, I'd be laughing about the ER thing, too. I can't beleive that DH will acnowledge that I'm SO stressed & tired that I might be losing it, but rather than actually do something to reduce the stress, he calls me names & keeps us up all night at the hospital. Before we left, I said to call my mom, and he said no, he'd call his parents. After he got off the phone, he went & woke Roland up. When I asked him why he did that he said "I'm getting him ready to go to the hospital" He hadn't asked his mom to come over, just informed her that he's taking his crazy wife to be committed. I didn't say to ask him to ask her to babysit, so he didn't know... So the kids were both awake the whole time MIL took care of them. She didn't put much effort into putting Roland to bed (so he'd sleep when we slept) When we got home, she left & Kevin went to bed, so I stayed up & got Roland to sleep.

#251 of 454 Old 01-18-2005, 11:07 AM

I keep thinking I need to get earnest with the solids too, but R just doesn't seem that interested and I can't figure out where the balance between making an honest attempt at it and forcing the issue is. I'm sure I'll work it out. Currently she will take a bite or two and be done. We're up to six foods or so, only two of which she really likes. I think maybe I need to stop trying new foods and let her just practice eating with the ones she likes. I need to honor that although she's a happy baby to go along with me wherever, in other aspects of her personality she doesn't adapt to change quickly. Kinda like her momma.

Rubelin, hope you get some good advice about the gall bladder.

I think we might be starting to get the upper teeth. She was nursing most of the night last night, but it was the comfort nursing/snack pattern... I think R starts feeling her teeth way before they break through, and then it gets better for her once they've broken through. It would explain the intermittent crankbaby.
#252 of 454 Old 01-18-2005, 11:09 AM

Oh and HBH, hope that night of sleep meant you got some too, and that counselling will help your DH. Unbelieveable about taking the kids to the ER. You are holding it together pretty well, mama!
#253 of 454 Old 01-18-2005, 11:32 AM

Hey Robin! It's good to "see" you!

About the solids. Ds looks at food and tries to get so close to it, but when I offer him solids he totally doesn't want them! I made him some sweet potatoes, which I make nice and thin with breastmilk. I feel like I'm force feeding him when we try! He turns his head away and just doesn't want to eat them. He was the same way with butternut squash. Maybe I should try something different? He'll go to town on a teething biscuit though! So, the last few days, I haven't been offering him any of the sweet potatoes or squash. It just isn't worth my time to get it all ready just to have him refuse it, KWIM? He obviously isn't starving or anything. He weighs 23lbs, so obviously he's doing fine on just bm. I don't know why I worry about this. Dd refused ALL solids until she was a year old, and she's just fine!
#254 of 454 Old 01-18-2005, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balancin1
Oh and HBH, hope that night of sleep meant you got some too, and that counselling will help your DH. Unbelieveable about taking the kids to the ER. You are holding it together pretty well, mama!
Oh for sure!! I slept from 10 - 4:30 (my body doesn't know what to do with that many consecutive hours of sleep anymore, I guess) I do a little happy dance when I lay her down without waking her up, then I run & brush my teeth & go to bed, so thats what I did. I *think* the reason it didn't occur to him to leave the kids home is because everytime we've been to the ER in the last 3 years, it's been for Roland so we've all gone but you think he would've asked *why* he should call, then. I could understand calling my parents to inform them, but he refused to call them.

Roland & I woke up right away when Caitlin did & I threw on some clothes before I went in (she just hollered, she didn't cry) By the time I got to the room, Roland had turned the light on & was reaching into the crib & patting her tummy, saying "It's okay Claitlin!" then he said "Wook mommy, me keepin her happy!"

For food, half the time I just cut it into bug chunks for her to suck on. I put it on her tray & let her feed herself. It keeps her busy while I eat.

I've had a few of what I think might be gall bladder attacks. They seem to be brought on by alcohol or greasy food. So far they're totally food related though... one of my friend had her gall bladder out & she still has the occasional 'phantom attack' She got alot of good information off the internet... I could ask if she has any links...?

#255 of 454 Old 01-18-2005, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

Re: gallstones: several people I know have done the olive oil/orange juice cure with great success, and some do it once or twice a year now as a preventive. You'll apparently pass hundreds of tiny stones.

HBH, It's true what people think of you can have a serious effect, but it sounds like he's the one who needs more headshrinking, and you just need a gift cert for Merry Maids or something.

Of course I need downtime! But I don't expect my dh to read my mind and provide it. I think it's my responsibility, and my downtime doesn't necessarily have to be taken from his. And he's really fabulous about doing housework that needs doing, or offering to take the baby, or hiring a massage therapist for me. I just wish he could work less, and I could work more.

We have returned to more reasonable sleep patterns- 4 hours-3hours-2 or 3 hours, and last night it was all in the crib, I nursed him and put him back each time! Groovy! But it is unusually cold here so maybe that's it? I hope not, I really don't want to have to keep the ac at 68 every night!
#256 of 454 Old 01-18-2005, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, and two women I know of did the gallbladder olive oil/oj thing while nursing with no apparent ill effects.

And seedling, everyone thinks working from home is so great but plenty of times it just sucks. You're on call for everything, all the time, and never get to leave one thing or another.
#257 of 454 Old 01-18-2005, 03:09 PM
Banned

my boys are still really sick-Tain is asleep on the couch right now and Ro is on the floor. The Dr. gave us some stuff with a load of antihistamines in it. Normally I wouldn't continue to use something that makes them so sedated, but this is the first time in about 4 days that they have really slept and slept well. Sigh. I'm tired.

HBH-OMG! I have this belief that you should be really careful what you say to someone b/c you can't ever get those words back and ppl don't forget and it really hurts. I can still remember the first time my mom called me a bitch. My dh would never call me names or tell me I am crazy. That is just unforgivable, IMO. You are so strong to be able to come out of a situation like that with hope and forgiveness.

Dh and I have a plan that works really well. He needs time w/o ppl (of any age) to unwind/de-stress b/c he is almost hyper-empathetic. So he stays up late and sleeps in. I go to bed with Tain and Ro and get up with them. If we are all up, we are all helping. He does the kids so I can be on MDC or sew. But I usually preface any projects with a heads-up and we discuss if it would be a good idea that day or not. It works out well. If the kids haven't been sleeping well, or I am just done, he gives me the time to do projects and that really revives me. The theory of my down time not having to come out of his down time is a nice idea, but when we don't have any family to watch the kids and no friends to take them and Ro is still nursing, I just don't see the practicality of that. Besides, my down time doesn't mean his is shortened b/c of our schedule. Anyway, that is what works for us.

My mom and sister both had their gallbladders removed. They go in laprascopically through your belly button-no scars, you just end up missing your little knobby on the inside of your belly button.

I need to go switch dipes before my babies wake up.

Oh, and the pharmacy was out of their meds and told us they'd have them by 9am. It is 11 now and still no call.
#258 of 454 Old 01-18-2005, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

HBH re eczema - I was just reading in T Berry Brazelton's book that he has had only one case of really difficult eczema in 15 years- perhaps calling his office might give you some new ideas? I don't know a whole lot about it so forgive me if I am off-base, but PM me if you want his office number.

I am going home to nyc next week for a few days, yay....my old boyfriend has to leave Greece every few months to avoid being drafted into the army, and I haven't seen him in years, and he hasn't met my children. Unfortunately he didn't bring his wife and new baby so I will have to go to Lesbos soon, oh dear oh dear...

I am starving so must go eat the leftovers from the Italian restaurant we took MIL to last night for her bday dinner.

It's amazing the difference only a few hours of uninterrupted sleep makes!!!
#259 of 454 Old 01-18-2005, 07:13 PM

Hey everybody did you know it's Greaseball's Birthday?? :
#260 of 454 Old 01-18-2005, 07:18 PM

Yes it is! I'm 26. Can I officially be a grownup now?

Today dh is out applying for substitute teacher jobs, and I've dealt with trying to hold a screaming baby while baking my cake, Linda's HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE diapers and POOP getting on dh's chair and tracked up the stairs, the roof leaking...aaarrrrgh! Also I needed 10 egg whites for my cake and I cracked 5 eggs and then some yolk got mixed in and I had to start all over. That's a lot of eggs! Oh well. The cake looks fine now. It's an angel food cake.

So I really, really need the outing dh and I are going to have!
#261 of 454 Old 01-18-2005, 07:28 PM

Happy Birthday Greaseball! Don't those silly babies know they're supposed to pamper you today?

Have a good one!

#262 of 454 Old 01-18-2005, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter

and many happy returns of the day, as they say.
#263 of 454 Old 01-19-2005, 12:17 AM

: Happy Birthday, Grease!
#264 of 454 Old 01-19-2005, 12:58 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Heh, first I thought'd I'd be a "real grownup" when I graduated college, then when I turned 25... now I guess it will happen when I turn 30.

Enjoy your celebration, Grease! L'chaim!
#265 of 454 Old 01-19-2005, 11:31 AM

Happy Birthday yesterday, Greaseball! It's so nice to see I am not the youngest one here! Of course I still look like a teenager...unfortunately. And seeing how genetics work in our family I will look like a teen for the next 20 years...at least. No fair! I am being serious...it isn't fair.

HBH-I am sorry about your situation. I hope that your dh in counseling will be helpful. I feel like I am always on the verge of a break and my dh always asks if I have taken my meds. I kindly remind him that meds don't take care of everything and I am still able to feel human feelings. I think sometimes ppl just don't understand that.

Gavin's excema has flared up again. I think it is the weather. It was -5 degrees F. Cold even inside the house and super dry.

Rynna-do you think you have a plugged duct? I hope your breast is feeling better.

Well-Hello and bye-bye to everyone...I best be going!
#266 of 454 Old 01-19-2005, 12:37 PM

Sandra, for Caitlins eczema I've been giving her a very quick (under 5 minutes) bath in plain water every day, I pat her dry & then put Aveeno daily moiture lotion on her. The dermatologist prescribed it to us with 1% hydracortizone added in, but I think it would be making a big difference even without it. My hands are really soft now, too (even though I have to wash the cream off right away because of the hydracortizone)

Last night, my sister called from my parents house. She was working her way home, but traffic was a disaster because of heavy rain/flooding here, and there was a landslide. My parents weren't home so it was pretty boring over there, so she asked if she could come here. We talked about baby stuff. Her husband is adament that they circ, but she thinks since they wouldn't get the baby a nose job, why should they do that shes going to take prenatal classes I'm going to send her a few links... She's going to try to breastfeed (her biggest concern is being able to go out on her own... we talked pumping ahead of time/supplementing with formula once breastfeeding is well established/how she'll want to stay close to her baby at first, and it'll be time to start solids before she knows it & that allows her to be away for longer periods of time/etc) A friend of hers switched to formula when her baby was about a month old. She's 10 months old now, and they were at my sisters house & the baby started crying to eat & then had to wait while they heated a bottle... my sister was imagining what that would be like at night, compared to breasfeeding & using a sidecarred crib. THEN I changed Caitlins diaper & apparently she didn't know about cloth diapers (she thought they needed pins still) I showed her some & told her about how diaper rashes are so much more common now because super absorbant diapers actually suck moisture right out of their skin. She told me that handling cardboard boxes all day at her old job did that to her hands, so she totally understands how that could be. She watched me change Caitlin & was like "I could handle that!" So I told her to tell mom, because she'll get them from her store for her for free! (mom works at a second hand store & gets basically unused ones in all the time)

Caitlin only woke up once last night!! I can deal with that... I hope this is the start of a routine.

#267 of 454 Old 01-19-2005, 12:41 PM

Happy Birthday Greaseball! :
#268 of 454 Old 01-19-2005, 01:18 PM

Happy birthday, Greaseball!

I had a horrific and sudden migraine last night. It was bad enough that I wanted to get a shot of demerol for it, but I ended up taking some of mom's lorcet instead (something which I do not do capriciously). I felt *horrible* and was incapacitated for a few hours. I still have the "aftermath" headache; I feel like I've been wrung out.

Miss BooBah was fifteen pounds, eight ounces yesterday. Yay! She's on the 25th percentile line and doing quite nicely. Such a growing BooBah! She doesn't have to see the gastroenterologist for another three months. Her urinalysis was negative, and she had blood drawn yesterday which I anticipate will be fine and dandy. I only had one problem yesterday: the pharmacy where I dropped off her prescription for pepcid didn't have any liquid pepcid in stock. No big deal, I'll pick it up tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to moving her into a convertible carseat! She's about 1/2" shy of the hieght limit for the carrier seat. Well, I'm not looking forward to coming up with the $80 to move her, but I am excited that she's such a big BooBah. Yay!

I love the frozen chicken breasts & stiry-fry idea, but there's a problem: we don't have a freezer. I know it's difficult to imagine in this day and age, but it's true. We don't have one. Sometimes life bites you on the butt that way.

I don't think it's a plugged duct, I'm pretty sure it's just horrific thrush. I could be wrong, though. I'll grit my teeth and see if having the kids nurse on that side more helps.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#269 of 454 Old 01-19-2005, 01:34 PM

Yay, BooBah! Congrats on the weight gain!

That really sucks about your headache, Rynna! How's the boob?

HBH, who knows how much your sister will change once she actually has a baby. While I was pregnant with dd, I knew I would breastfeed for a year and thought that I would possibly co-sleep. Well, when my baby was actually out and into my arms, I never wanted to let her go. I never thought I would let her nurse as long as she wanted to or that she'd still be in our bed at 3 years old. I also would rather be with my kids than go out alone with dh most of the time. On occasion it's nice to enjoy a dinner with dh alone, but jeesh all we do is talk about the kids and wonder what they're doing! It's so easy to say what you will and won't do as a parent before you actually become one!
#270 of 454 Old 01-19-2005, 01:40 PM

Hey all,

You probably don't know me, and I hardly ever post to this thread, or any thread for that matter, but I've had such a morning, and no one to talk to, so can I tell you about it?

Had a crappy night's sleep with baby, then went on our usual morning walk with the dog. When we were rounding the corner coming back to our house, there was a cat. When it saw us it paused, then walked right into the street that was busy with morning traffic. A driver braked, but not enough, and it ran over the cat, which then hobbled/ran off the road and onto my neighbor's front lawn. It just laid there looking very injured. Well, I had the baby and the dog, so my first thought was to take the dog inside. The door was locked. My dh had just left for work and locked me out. I put the dog in the backyard. I climbed in through the front window, after setting baby down on the porch, and let us in. Let the dog inside. Went back out to the cat to see it, and it hobbled underneath the neighbor's porch. I tried to coax it out, but it couldn't move. I didn't know if it had gone there to die or what. Called dh at work and started crying, and he told me to get a box for the cat and take it to the vet. So I grabbed the recycle bin and put a comforter in it and went back out to the cat. Set dd on the ground and tried to get the cat out, but I worried it was going to scratch me, as it hissed when I tried to move it. Looked around and dd was eating dirt and grass. Went back inside and got some food and a coat and my keys. Back to neighbor's porch. Put dd on coat with keys to play with, tried to give cat food, but it didn't want any. Decided there was nothing i could do, so went back inside. Decided I couldn't just leave it there, so I put on a raincoat and gloves, took DD, coat, keys, etc. back out there, unlocked car door, picked up cat and put it in the box. It started to try to get out, but then stayed. I picked up dd, put her in snugli, carried her and cat over to car. DD starts crying, cat is riding up front in recycle bin. Nurse DD. Drive to vet only 3 minutes away, but dd is screeching the whole time, and cat is looking scared. Took cat into vet and left it there. They're going to call me back after the vet looks at it, but on the whole the cat looked pretty good for all it went through.

DD cried all the way home, then I took her to bed and nursed her to sleep. I really wanted coffee, but everytime I tried to get out of bed she woke up and wanted to nurse again. Finally, we both just got up. I keep thinking about how someone could run over a cat and just keep going.

Anyway, sorry for the novel. Just had to get that out! Thanks for reading.

Living it up with DH, DD 6, DD 4, DS 1 and
:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page